Author Topic: PREVIEW: Liverpool FC vs QPR. Carra's Last Stand. A Liverpool son's view  (Read 25716 times)

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
When was the last time we lost a game in the league? Genuine question.

Reckon this will be fairly easy - QPR are a total mess, already relegated, players don't give a shit, manager clearly doesn't believe in them any more and we should be flying with confidence. An early goal for us and can see a big win ala Fulham or Newcastle.

Should be same team that played last week more or less, perhaps with Skrtel coming in if he's fit or one of the youngsters getting a start.

All about Carra really - we just have to win for him but it would be nice to end the season with back to back wins.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Last time we lost was the awful display at Southampton. 7 unbeaten since then.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
looking forward to the game on sunday

we should get a good win for carra

cant believe how quickly time has gone since he made his debut in 1996

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is gonna be really sad. No doubt Carra will lead the team out and will hopefully have the armband, but it will be gut wrenching seeing one of our greatest bow out, a player that would do anything for the club.

Play the same team and give the armband. Clean sheet to top it off.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
If Harry had any sense and felt charitable he'll allow us to form an orderly queue just to smack him one in the chops  :wave

Just thinking about how things will be without Carra. It's strange knowing a lot of your life events coincide with the years he's played for Liverpool FC. There isn't a lot of players left that we can say that about and from the crop we have now we can't really say who'll still be at the club say 10 years from now.

Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Who will get the honour of playing alongside Carra in his last game?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
Any bib theories yet?
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
This is Sunday right? Either way seeing Carragher go is so weird.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
Last time we lost was the awful display at Southampton. 7 unbeaten since then.

It's pretty amazing that we managed to remain unbeaten to Reading and West Ham.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Gerrraaaddd

• Kemlynite
  • There is only one Steven Gerrard.
we're on a good run in the league. Should finish the season on high.

What a brilliant post by Harinder. Well done mate!
"No player was more important than Liverpool Football Club" - The one and only,King Kenny. YNWA

JFT 96

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Something - Nil in favour of us.

If we can't spank a Championship team in the final match of one of our greatest players and ambassadors then then there still needs to be a lot of work next season.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
After remembering our performance against QPR at Loftus Road (when Colin Pascoe was manager), I'd be happy to see a similar scoreline/performance.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
triffic post. It is a sad day when Jamie hangs up his boots for the last time.

Offline shockwave_dave

• Legacy Fan
Great post. What a player, and more importantly, a man Carragher is.

So many great images of him with last ditch tackles, but Istanbul was something else. He was everywhere making tackles & blocks to keep us in one of the greatest games ever. That, and his celebrations afterwards will forever stick in my memory. A true legend

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Great read that. Many thanks Harinder. Can't believe it'll be Carra's last game for us.....I believe even less that it'll be his last involvement in the club though! Thanks for all the memories Carra, a true Liverpool legend!

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
Kop looking good for Carra
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline Madan

• Chaulet. Made in Manchestah. Grand Old Team. Undecided.
  • Anny Roader
Shame it's the last game of the season. Really have enjoyed watching us of late.

Hopefully we can end up with a win, by a few goals. If we can boost our goal difference into the +30s, that would be nice.

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
Hope we throttle them. Nothing "official" to win, no titles, no European spots, but damn it lets do it for Carra
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
Hope we throttle them. Nothing "official" to win, no titles, no European spots, but damn it lets do it for Carra

My kingdom for a penalty tomorrow, Carra to score, would be nice to score on his first and last game
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
I can see us absolutely cunting QPR tomorrow. I mean proper bending em over, dry.

10-0.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes

Thats amazing.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..

Looks awesome. Emotional day ahead, no doubt.

Let's hammer them!

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
PREVIEW: Liverpool FC vs QPR. Carra's Last Stand. A Liverpool son's view
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2013, 10:17:21 pm »
Oh god.... It's happening. It's sinking in. I live you Carra.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
1 - QPR have scored only one goal in their last 455 minutes of PL football, and this solitary goal came from the penalty spot. Bereft.

Well in 'Arry!
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
All about Carra tomorrow isn't it? I can still remember him coming on for his home debut at the start of the 2nd half against West Ham all those years ago and the first thing he did was clatter some poor fucker in the centre-circle. Gonna be a sad day, only Stevie left now from Istanbul.
 As for the game I couldn't give a fuck really although a resounding win would be nice. I'm just glad this horrendous season is finally over and hopefully we can get some real quality in in the summer in those areas that need it.

Offline BigDonga

• Serial Avatar Perv who digs blue chicks with tails
  • Kopite
Anyone know a fairly reliable stream that usually plays a bit of post match coverage?
Rafa tried to buy everyone.  :)
In fact, Rafa spotted Messi as a dollop of sperm but couldn't get the money from H+G.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone know a fairly reliable stream that usually plays a bit of post match coverage?

Firstrowsports or Vipbox.tv play build up.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
All about Carra tomorrow isn't it? I can still remember him coming on for his home debut at the start of the 2nd half against West Ham all those years ago and the first thing he did was clatter some poor fucker in the centre-circle.

I don't remember that but, I do remember him clattering Andy Townsend in the centre circle early on, on his home debut against Villa. I remember that coz they showed it again today on LFCTV. :)

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
Play Carra up top to make his OG record look a bit better ;D
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline BigDonga

• Serial Avatar Perv who digs blue chicks with tails
  • Kopite
Firstrowsports or Vipbox.tv play build up.

Cheers mate.
Rafa tried to buy everyone.  :)
In fact, Rafa spotted Messi as a dollop of sperm but couldn't get the money from H+G.

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
Just been thinking, we can barely even name a match squad without using 3-4 youth players for this. Suarez, Gerrard, Agger all out meaning Borini will probably be part of the front 3, maybe Skrtel still out.

If not it should be something like Reina, Johnson, CARRAGHER, Skrtel, Enrique, Henderson, Lucas, Coutinho, Downing, Sturridge, Borini. Bench: Jones, Wisdom, Coates, Shelvey, Coady, Sterling, Assaidi?

Really shallow that haha it's like the beginning of the season again. Let's batter QPR, probably the worst club in the world, maybe they can do better next year eh.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
All about Carra tomorrow isn't it? I can still remember him coming on for his home debut at the start of the 2nd half against West Ham all those years ago and the first thing he did was clatter some poor fucker in the centre-circle.
I can remember as well mate, I was there and I can't remember him scoring and I can only remember me being totally unimpressed. I watch & recall football in era's, like you going now with your lad, at the time I was going with my best and 2nd best mate and its all clear despite, my fading memory. The lad that came on that day, who had no need to make an impression anyway to the likes of me, has been through more journeys than Michael Palin.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
I can remember as well mate, I was there and I can't remember him scoring and I can only remember me being totally unimpressed. I watch & recall football in era's, like you going now with your lad, at the time I was going with my best and 2nd best mate and its all clear despite, my fading memory. The lad that came on that day, who had no need to make an impression anyway to the likes of me, has been through more journeys than Michael Palin.
I can I can't.

You old bugger.

PM me.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone got a good stream?

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..

Have a look in the TV-thread tomorrow, mate :)

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan

Me, my doctor was very impressed,
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
Have a look in the TV-thread tomorrow, mate :)

Haha alrite  :D, was just getting ahead 'cause I just saw my tv guide thingy and no Liverpool tomorrow!  :no (instead just one game, Man City Norwich  :butt )

Me, my doctor was very impressed,

let it flow! let it flow through you and take your senses to a better paradise...

Offline sikingthegreat1

• Anny Roader
anyone with news on borini? will he get a chance to start for us in this game?
personally i'd love to have him in the starting line-up!!

and of course, for carra to score a goal too~~

Offline kevin87

• Kopite

Reckon this will be fairly easy - QPR are a total mess, already relegated, players don't give a shit, manager clearly doesn't believe in them any more and we should be flying with confidence. An early goal for us and can see a big win ala Fulham or Newcastle.

Should be same team that played last week more or less, perhaps with Skrtel coming in if he's fit or one of the youngsters getting a start.

All about Carra really - we just have to win for him but it would be nice to end the season with back to back wins.

yeah this one is all about carra, and so it should be. What a legend of a man and a player.

However i remember the piss poor attitude of the players last season at swansea on the last day of the season. For those who say we havent improved, i think  Im hoping for a 4-0 win and looking to take some momentum of unbeaten in 8 into next season. Rodgers is clearly a good man manager and motivator, so i expect the boys to be up for this one. Always a sign of a good coach is their ability to get players up for it when there is nothing to play for.

Id also like to see borini and suso to start, with suso possibly on for downing. Think the lad deserves the game and id like to see how both of them link up with coutinho. Think suso and coutinho's  vision and borini and sturridge's movement would work well

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
yeah this one is all about carra, and so it should be. What a legend of a man and a player.

However i remember the piss poor attitude of the players last season at swansea on the last day of the season. For those who say we havent improved, i think  Im hoping for a 4-0 win and looking to take some momentum of unbeaten in 8 into next season. Rodgers is clearly a good man manager and motivator, so i expect the boys to be up for this one. Always a sign of a good coach is their ability to get players up for it when there is nothing to play for.

Id also like to see borini and suso to start, with suso possibly on for downing. Think the lad deserves the game and id like to see how both of them link up with coutinho. Think suso and coutinho's  vision and borini and sturridge's movement would work well

I'd like to see some Suso too, but I'm not sure him and Coutinho can play in the same side, at least not with 2 strikers anyway.