Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586929 times)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Re: Adam Lall
« Reply #3800 on: July 20, 2019, 08:30:35 am »
A dead leg is a contact injury. It doesn't just happen spontaneously. He got kicked or kneed by someone. It doesn't come under "injury prone" in the sense that his body is breaking down (in this instance, I mean)
Better looking than Samie.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3801 on: July 20, 2019, 11:32:07 am »
Klopp using the example of Gundogan as someone whose massive injury problems cleared out eventually. I remember something similar with V.Persie as well.

As unlikely as it is for him to be injury free for the most part this season it's also not impossible. We definitely could have used him on couple of occasions last season when we didn't fare very well against the pressing.

Also I think he could be dead useful off the bench at times when we need to manage the game by keeping the ball and taking the sting out of the game. If used right he could be really, really important this campaign.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3802 on: July 20, 2019, 12:17:12 pm »
A dead leg is a contact injury. It doesn't just happen spontaneously. He got kicked or kneed by someone. It doesn't come under "injury prone" in the sense that his body is breaking down (in this instance, I mean)

Yeah, but some have a need to overreact every time he gets even a paper cut.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3803 on: July 20, 2019, 12:39:39 pm »
Didn't know a dead leg can be that high... ;D

He's dead???

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3804 on: July 20, 2019, 12:42:59 pm »

I knew you agreed with the masses PoP!!

(and yeah a dead leg sucks. had one playing hoops earlier this year, basically couldn't put weight on it - but was ok 2 days later)

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #3805 on: July 20, 2019, 01:02:02 pm »
Yeah, but some have a need to overreact every time he gets even a paper cut.

He missed 3 weeks with one of those last season.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3806 on: July 20, 2019, 02:46:29 pm »
Is Lallana the new Henderson? Still hear nonsense being peddled about Henderson by fans of other clubs, but also by Liverpool fans.

The way some talk, it's as though Lallana gets injured on purpose.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3807 on: July 20, 2019, 02:49:15 pm »

Welshred might be the best to answer this, but is there a chance certain players can be more susceptible to contact injuries? So where a robust player may take the same knock and be fine another could take it and get a dead leg?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3808 on: July 21, 2019, 07:34:43 pm »
Lallana should miss today too

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3809 on: July 21, 2019, 09:48:28 pm »
Lallana should miss today too

And he is which isnt a surprise given that these last several days

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #3810 on: July 22, 2019, 04:23:28 am »
Ffs...he didn't even bother having an interview saying he's fitter than ever and raring to go this time round.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3811 on: July 22, 2019, 07:29:41 am »
Brand new player when he comes back into the team, again.

Offline diehard

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3812 on: July 22, 2019, 07:50:54 am »
Can one of the mods please remove the Thread picture - The voodoo doll thingy

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3813 on: August 1, 2019, 09:13:50 am »
Just watched the game back and absolutely loved Lallana's performance at the DM.

Reminded me of his peak two years ago as an 8 when he was arguably our toughest player to play against.

Obviously with Fabinho as elite DM and somebody that never gets injured he's gonna play there most of our games but when it comes to Lallana I don't think we're in a position to say no to a midfielder of superior technique and press resistance on par with anyone else in the league especially when you consider we had some issues against the pressing on good few occasions last season.

If he stays fit he'll definitely play a lot this season and rightly so, we are gonna need his skills in the middle third.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3814 on: August 1, 2019, 09:35:22 am »
Just watched the game back and absolutely loved Lallana's performance at the DM.

Reminded me of his peak two years ago as an 8 when he was arguably our toughest player to play against.

Obviously with Fabinho as elite DM and somebody that never gets injured he's gonna play there most of our games but when it comes to Lallana I don't think we're in a position to say no to a midfielder of superior technique and press resistance on par with anyone else in the league especially when you consider we had some issues against the pressing on good few occasions last season.

If he stays fit he'll definitely play a lot this season and rightly so, we are gonna need his skills in the middle third.

Yeah we was really good yesterday. All over the pitch, aggressive press, calm & skilful on the ball.

I'd be surprised if we saw him at DM in any sort of tough game though. Possibly one for the bottom 6/7 teams at home, or those kind of opponents. One's we're going to completely dominate the ball in. Even there I'd have mild concerns about his strength/aerial ability.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3815 on: August 4, 2019, 06:08:00 pm »
Being our best presser next to Bobby will ensure he plays a lot for us this season whether people like it or not.

Today was a little preview of how much his intelligent pressing can make a difference for us - we lack it and we need it in our team.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #3816 on: August 4, 2019, 06:10:30 pm »
Not a big fan, but dear, he was so good. Energetic, box to box, cute passes, totally stretched a tired City. Happy for him. If he gets gametime, he needs to use it like this.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3817 on: August 4, 2019, 06:10:55 pm »
Thought he made a really good impact when he came on, keeping him fit would be huge for us, as he can create chances. A lovely penalty as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #3818 on: August 4, 2019, 06:11:01 pm »
I like the look of this new player, Adam Lall.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3819 on: August 4, 2019, 06:17:11 pm »
Lallana - Keita - Bobby is gonna take our geggenpressing to a level of Klopp's wet dreams. Exciting times ahead.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3820 on: August 4, 2019, 09:10:46 pm »
Really hope he can stay fit this season, played well when he came on. Has a lot to offer in terms of pressing and creation when on song. Fingers crossed for a fully fit season for him. We will definitely benefit if he is available.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3821 on: August 4, 2019, 09:20:42 pm »
Really pleased for him today.  I dont understand how under rated he is in here.  Fingers crossed this is the start of something new.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3822 on: August 4, 2019, 09:27:15 pm »
Really pleased for him today.  I dont understand how under rated he is in here.  Fingers crossed this is the start of something new.

He isn’t underrated. People rate him but he just seems to be made of glass. Few seasons ago he was amazing and was the one who led the press and he was exceptional with with pressing and link up with the forward players. His biggest challenge is to try and stay fit for a sustainable period. Lallana is one of those players who takes a few games to get back into form after an injury and we just can’t afford that if he was to get injured. Hopefully he can stay injury free this season and play a part this season

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3823 on: August 4, 2019, 09:32:10 pm »
He isn’t underrated. People rate him but he just seems to be made of glass. Few seasons ago he was amazing and was the one who led the press and he was exceptional with with pressing and link up with the forward players. His biggest challenge is to try and stay fit for a sustainable period. Lallana is one of those players who takes a few games to get back into form after an injury and we just can’t afford that if he was to get injured. Hopefully he can stay injury free this season and play a part this season

He is by quite a few. If he can stay fit I still think/hope he can be the No 8 he was a few years back or that Burnley match.  Fingers crossed.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3824 on: August 4, 2019, 09:48:26 pm »
He is by quite a few. If he can stay fit I still think/hope he can be the No 8 he was a few years back or that Burnley match.  Fingers crossed.

Go back to that season where he was constantly fit. Everyone was raving about him and how important he was to the system. Since then he’s been constantly injured which means he’s barely been spoken about as a reliable option

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3825 on: August 5, 2019, 12:13:01 am »
PLEASEEEEE stay fit for the majority of the season. The lads an exceptional talent but its just the fitness

Its frustrating because he's never fit enough to play himself into really good form and it must be a nightmare for him not being able to really get into a rythm constantly starting again

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3826 on: August 5, 2019, 02:23:03 am »
I remembered when Lall was fit, he covered the most ground in most games. 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3827 on: August 5, 2019, 04:42:43 am »
Looks like we signed a new player by redeploying an old one - kudos to Klopp and his staff for spotting his suitability to be backup DM.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3828 on: August 5, 2019, 04:56:04 am »
Wow that pace for that one counter yesterday. Didn't think he had that in him anymore.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3829 on: August 5, 2019, 06:21:22 am »
Yeah we was really good yesterday. All over the pitch, aggressive press, calm & skilful on the ball.

I'd be surprised if we saw him at DM in any sort of tough game though. Possibly one for the bottom 6/7 teams at home, or those kind of opponents. One's we're going to completely dominate the ball in. Even there I'd have mild concerns about his strength/aerial ability.
Thing is there with Matip and VvD we're so dominant in the air at the back that perhaps Klopp feels we can occasionally compromise in that respect?
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3830 on: August 5, 2019, 06:33:53 am »
Looks like we signed a new player by redeploying an old one - kudos to Klopp and his staff for spotting his suitability to be backup DM.
Adam Lall 3.0 - the complete thing
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3831 on: August 5, 2019, 06:35:25 am »
Looked really good. I can see him having a few starts against teams with minimal attacking threat and otherwise being a really useful impact sub. He added a lot of energy and direction when he came on.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3832 on: August 5, 2019, 08:03:43 am »
Having watched the second half again if that was a midfielder we signed this summer and he played like that this whole board would be creaming themselves over his performance.

An injured player returning and being like a new player is the cringiest saying in football but this time it may just well be the case. Welcome back geggenpressing, we missed you.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3833 on: August 5, 2019, 09:05:17 am »
Thing is there with Matip and VvD we're so dominant in the air at the back that perhaps Klopp feels we can occasionally compromise in that respect?

Yep, very well may be the thinking. I think he's primarily competing for the advanced MF roles though, which was where I thought he was playing yesterday.

The thing I love about Lallana above all of the things he brings is his calmness and execution in and around the penalty area. I always think back to the 16/17 season when we lost to Burnley 2-0 in the second game of the season. Klopp talked about rushing the final pass, trying to force things. That if we'd played one more ball we'd have created "real chances". I've always thought that Lallana took that on board more than anyone. He always seems to respect each part of the build-up and then pick the perfect pass at the perfect time to create a real chance - the example being Keita's one from the penalty spot yesterday. Excellent vision/awareness and execution.

Add to that his pressing, strength of running, quality on either foot, ability to take and retain the ball in tight areas, to create space and a very good understanding of the game. Fingers crossed for both him and us he stays fit. If others are keeping him out of the team because of performances rather than his availability then we'll be in a very good position.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #3834 on: August 5, 2019, 09:28:56 am »
Really wish he can stay healthy for a long stretch. He's obviously a very good footballer and adds a lot in terms of pressing, passing and technique.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3835 on: August 5, 2019, 02:35:19 pm »
He always seems to respect each part of the build-up and then pick the perfect pass at the perfect time to create a real chance - the example being Keita's one from the penalty spot yesterday. Excellent vision/awareness and execution.

That was a brilliant ball and disguise. Deserved an assist, and Keita should really have finished it low

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3836 on: August 5, 2019, 02:41:59 pm »
Ever since I saw him at Soton, I thought he would be a good player for us, if we ever signed him, and its a shame that injuries have robbed him of two seasons now [and he was also a late bloomer due to earlier health issues while at Soton].

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3837 on: August 5, 2019, 02:42:43 pm »
A peak purple patch 2017(? I think) Lallana at the start of this season would help. It's just sad when the inevitable breakdown happens.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3838 on: August 5, 2019, 03:26:43 pm »
Ever since I saw him at Soton, I thought he would be a good player for us, if we ever signed him, and its a shame that injuries have robbed him of two seasons now [and he was also a late bloomer due to earlier health issues while at Soton].

Yeah, I wanted him when he was there. Pretty happy when we got him, he had 2-3 good seasons here. I still remember his goal against Bordeaux in the Europa League which was a beauty & his first ever goal for us against West Brom and then he had a belter of a season in 2016-17. Shame he couldn't kick on for the last couple of seasons.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3839 on: August 5, 2019, 03:43:53 pm »
It would be great if we got another good season from Lallana. In many ways, contribution and consistency from players like him, Keita and Ox will determine the course of our season. They are the resource we haven’t had available last season, they could be a new wind in our sails. Let’s hope we get to see it.