Author Topic: Liverpool has lost it's world heritage status!  (Read 38515 times)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool has lost it's world heritage status!
« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2021, 05:46:05 pm »
The Guardian’s architect-turned-critic has his say….

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2021/jul/21/liverpool-unesco-world-heritage-status-stripped

Liverpool has been vandalising its waterfront for a decade – it’s shocking Unesco didn’t act sooner
Oliver Wainwright

Losing world heritage status has shone a light on the city’s redevelopment from maritime metropolis to pound-shop Shanghai, plagued by allegations of bribery and corruption….the Three Disgraces….etc

You get the feeling he’s not a fan  ::)

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: July 22, 2021, 09:03:15 pm »
If only people had, you know, noticed sooner.  Like if journalists could have been arsed to actually challenge the people in charge rather than simply report what was going on.

I'm not disagreeing with the criticism, but it's all a bit closing the barn door after the horse has come home.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
UN committee strips Liverpool of its World Heritage status
« Reply #242 on: July 23, 2021, 12:40:00 am »
From the New York Daily News:

After holding a secret ballot vote during a meeting in China, a United Nations committee stripped the city of Liverpool, England of its World Heritage status.

According to UNESCO, the organization charged with caring for World Heritage sites, the recent developments the city has put forth, including the planning of a new stadium for the Everton soccer team, resulted in “serious deterioration” of the site.

“Our World Heritage site has never been in better condition having benefited from hundreds of millions of pounds of investment across dozens of listed buildings and the public realm,” said Liverpool Mayor Joanne Anderson.

She added that the decision was “incomprehensible.”

UNESCO formerly recognized the city’s architectural landmarks on the waterfront as important parts of the city, according to BBC News.

Anderson said she would be making a final determination about appealing the decision after consulting the government, which comes “a decade after UNESCO last visited the city to see it with their own eyes.”

Liverpool City Region Mayor Stever Rotherham was also extremely displeased with the outcome of the vote, calling it “a retrograde step that does not reflect the reality of what is happening on the ground.”

“Places like Liverpool should not be faced with the binary choice between maintaining heritage status or regenerating left-behind communities and the wealth of jobs and opportunities that come with it,” he added.

With the vote, Liverpool became the third site to lose its World Heritage status since 1978. Oman’s Arabian Oryx Sanctuary and Germany’s Dresden Elbe Valley lost their status in 2007, and 2009 respectively.

Liverpool was first awarded their World Heritage status in 2004, mainly in recognition of its deep-rooted historical and architectural status. However, with the developments, the World Heritage Committee denoted the proposed construction plans an “irreversible loss of attributes.”

( Merge into the Everton thread if you want )
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #243 on: July 23, 2021, 02:02:27 am »
The Guardian’s architect-turned-critic has his say….

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2021/jul/21/liverpool-unesco-world-heritage-status-stripped

Liverpool has been vandalising its waterfront for a decade – it’s shocking Unesco didn’t act sooner
Oliver Wainwright

Losing world heritage status has shone a light on the city’s redevelopment from maritime metropolis to pound-shop Shanghai, plagued by allegations of bribery and corruption….the Three Disgraces….etc

You get the feeling he’s not a fan  ::)

He's got a point. I don't think this decision is simply down to Bramley Moore Dock, more an accumulation of past transgressions. Liverpool has missed several opportunities to proactively build on the Unesco award, maybe swaying the 'court' in their favour. Take, for example, the Edge Hill/ Crown Street site of the first railway station & tunnel complex. It would make an excellent Railway Museum. There's more money to be made in student housing, I suppose. And Steel & Glass condos on the waterfront. I'd have loved to see the old 'overhead railway' reincarnated in some way, maybe solving the airport-city centre connection problem at the same time.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 02:05:37 am by RedBootsTommySmith »
Victorious and glorious....

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: UN committee strips Liverpool of its World Heritage status
« Reply #244 on: July 23, 2021, 03:06:05 am »
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=283230.0

I’m guessing you have a two day delay on news?  ;D

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: UN committee strips Liverpool of its World Heritage status
« Reply #245 on: July 23, 2021, 05:55:49 am »
Is mayor Joanne Anderson any relative of Joe 'Butterbean' Anderson?
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: July 23, 2021, 07:23:40 am »
He's got a point.
Maybe but it’s easy to vent like this after the event. As the saying goes the critic knows the way but can’t drive the car. Plus you get the feeling he’s really enjoying sticking the boot in.

I'd have loved to see the old 'overhead railway' reincarnated in some way, maybe solving the airport-city centre connection problem at the same time.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: July 23, 2021, 08:31:56 am »
It's difficult. I do think most of the new developments in the city are horrible designs. Designs that look good on their own, but don't fit their surroundings. Why is there nothing new in red brick, for example? It's not the new stadium, it's Mann island, Liverpool one (those apartment on Chavasse park), the conference centre, and so on. There's no cohesion either, not like there is a new style for the city.

But on the other hand, cities are constantely developing, they are basically living things. The old docks are not in use anymore, should we keep miles of land full of industrial ruins? Make them all water parks? The city needs to serve a purpose to its current inhabitants, and it needs to be able to develop. With more of a vision and better planning (and less corruption in the council...), a balance could have been had.

Regarding the world heritage site decission, I seem to remember that we only just past the vote to have it granted in the first place, so there were probably still some resentments in the unesco committee anyway. It's nothing to do with China taking over, that's just xenophobic bollocks.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #248 on: July 23, 2021, 09:46:01 am »
Maybe but it’s easy to vent like this after the event. As the saying goes the critic knows the way but can’t drive the car. Plus you get the feeling he’s really enjoying sticking the boot in.

Maybe. But there was plenty of opposition to the likes of Mann Island or the Lime Street travesty at the time, including from myself, and not from a position of NIMBYism either. It was clear to anyone that designs were getting pushed through that simply had no buisiness being in such prominent locations.

There is ways of developing that not only are in keeping in with the surrounding enviroment (and that doesn´t mean trying to replicate Victorian designs either) - but that show some basic vision that isn´t "shiny buildings = good", all while maintaining the unique character of the city, which is what draws people in. You don´t exactly need to be an architect or town planner to see it either.

For an example of a modern development on an old building that I think is done well, I would point to Chancery House as one example (others may disagree of course):

I don´t think anyone at all is arguing that the docklands should be kept a useless derelict wasteland that no one has reason to visit, just to maintain UNESCO status. But there is ways of developing in a reasonable manner that fits in with the surroundings and is more unique and you don´t need 20/20 vision to see it.

Living in Barcelona now, I see how new buildings can and should be done. They make British planning approval look an absolute joke. And whats more, our last administration in Liverpool and their developer mates have not even been abiding by planning approval.

And to top it all off, it is not even just what has been going up, it is what has been getting pulled down to make way for some of these developments. The city has lost some key cultural gems. The development in Wolstenholme Square is a good example. Cream and the Kazimier got knocked down to make way for some bog standard modern-apartments.

Cream got most of the attention because of its history - but it was past its heydey. What got less attention was The Kazimier which was still one of the best venues in the entire country bar none, that drew people from all over to visit, and bands and artists from all over the world. It had a thriving scene of local bands and artists to match. It was an indispensible cultural asset for the city. They had even just expanded into an adjecent old Victorian warehouse in the 3 months before the planning permission was granted to the flats.

Not only did they have to make way for the flats, but in the process an old Victorian clock face closer to what was Mello Mello was knocked down without planning permission. Furthermore, the ´sweetener´for the Kazimier was thta they got to keep Kazimier Gardens open. But now Kazimier Gardens (an outdoor venue) is surrounded by apartments putting in noise complaints and threatening it with closure. Same story with venues in the Baltic Triangle.

Oliver Wainwright may be sticking the boot in, but quite frankly it´s deserved. What has happened the last 10 years has been disgraceful on many fronts.

Unfortunately it is now too late
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 09:58:16 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: July 23, 2021, 09:47:22 am »
I’d be interested to know what discussions (or lack thereof as seems apparent) were had with the UK government to ward off this decision, given it’s been a concern for almost a decade? Or did Sticky Fingers* Joe basically not give a shit?

*allegedly

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: July 23, 2021, 09:51:33 am »
Maybe. But there was plenty of opposition to the likes of Mann Island or the Lime Street travesty at the time, including from myself, and not from a position of NIMBYism either. It was clear to anyone that designs were getting pushed through that simply had no buisiness being in such prominent locations.

There is ways of developing that not only are in keeping in with the surrounding enviroment (and that doesn´t mean trying to replicate Victorian designs either) - but that show some basic vision that isn´t "shiny buildings = good", all while maintaining the unique character of the city, which is what draws people in. You don´t exactly need to be an architect or town planner to see it either.

For an example of a modern development on an old building that I think is done well, I would point to Chancery House as one example (others may disagree of course):

I don´t think anyone at all is arguing that the docklands should be kept a useless derelict wasteland that no one has reason to visit, just to maintain UNESCO status. But there is ways of developing in a reasonable manner that fits in with the surroundings and is more unique and you don´t need 20/20 vision to see it.

Living in Barcelona now, I see how new buildings can and should be done. They make British planning approval look an absolute joke. And whats more, our last administration in Liverpool and their developer mates have not even been abiding by planning approval.

And to top it all off, it is not even just what has been going up, it is what has been getting pulled down to make way for some of these developments. The city has lost some key cultural gems. The development in Wolstenholme Square is a good example. Cream and the Kazimier got knocked down to make way for some bog standard modern-apartments.

Cream got most of the attention because of its history but it has past its heydey. What got less attention was The Kazimier which was one of the best venues in the entire country bar none, that drew people from all over to visit, and bands and artists from all over the world. It had a thriving scene of local bands and artists to match. It was an indispensible cultural asset for the city.

Not only did they have to make way for the flats, but in the process an old Victorian clock face closer to what was Mello Mello was knocked down without planning permission. Furthermore, the ´sweetener´for the Kazimier was thta they got to keep Kazimier Gardens open. But now Kazimier Gardens (an outdoor venue) is surrounded by apartments putting in noise complaints and threatening it with closure. Same story with venues in the Baltic Triangle.

Oliver Wainwright may be sticking the boot in, but quite frankly it´s deserved. What has happened the last 10 years has been disgraceful on many fronts.

Unfortunately it is now too late

Excellent summary. I don’t disagree with any of that. Except I think Chancery House looks atrocious myself but personal taste.

It’s a very difficult balance but yes, the ‘inmates taking over the asylum’ mentality is very apparent.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #251 on: July 23, 2021, 02:50:26 pm »
So there was a ceremony today removing the World Heritage Site designation certificate from the city hall. It will be stored in the Liverpool Museum archive.

https://twitter.com/lpoolcouncil/status/1418541484157161473

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #252 on: July 23, 2021, 10:57:24 pm »
Excellent summary. I don’t disagree with any of that. Except I think Chancery House looks atrocious myself but personal taste.

It’s a very difficult balance but yes, the ‘inmates taking over the asylum’ mentality is very apparent.

The 'addition'to Chancery House looks like a cartoon version of a Native American chieftains headress. Looks somewhat similar to the thing plonked on top of the Shankly Hotel.

But the refurb of the derelict Chancery House has been well done.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #253 on: July 24, 2021, 08:34:12 am »
The 'addition'to Chancery House looks like a cartoon version of a Native American chieftains headress. Looks somewhat similar to the thing plonked on top of the Shankly Hotel.

But the refurb of the derelict Chancery House has been well done.

I think what those c*nts did to the building that is now the Shankly is one of the biggest disgraces of all the new developments that are blighting the city, horrible. And the lad is a prick.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: July 24, 2021, 11:03:00 am »
I think what those c*nts did to the building that is now the Shankly is one of the biggest disgraces of all the new developments that are blighting the city, horrible. And the lad is a prick.

Agreed. How that got the go ahead to plunge lower Victoria Street into almost permanent shadow is beyond me. Plus, it's the antithesis of everything the man himself stood for.

I will say I don't really mind Chancery House though. It takes advantage of the blind spot of the vast majority of people to never raise their eye level above a certain point. Of course, I do myself, but there are certainly worse modern buildings in the city.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: July 24, 2021, 11:50:08 am »
I’d be interested to know what discussions (or lack thereof as seems apparent) were had with the UK government to ward off this decision, given it’s been a concern for almost a decade? Or did Sticky Fingers* Joe basically not give a shit?

*allegedly
Prefer Backhanderson* myself as a nickname.

* - Allegedly
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #256 on: July 24, 2021, 12:57:22 pm »
Stonehenge could also be stripped of UNESCO World Heritage Status as well!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/stonehenge-world-heritage-status-road-b1889650.html
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #257 on: July 24, 2021, 02:34:07 pm »
 ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2021, 10:52:46 am »
I thought this article made some fair points.

Liverpool’s Three Graces must be blushing with shame about their shoddy treatment http://a.msn.com/01/en-gb/AAMx5co?ocid=st
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2021, 03:09:39 pm »
He's got a point. I don't think this decision is simply down to Bramley Moore Dock, more an accumulation of past transgressions. Liverpool has missed several opportunities to proactively build on the Unesco award, maybe swaying the 'court' in their favour. Take, for example, the Edge Hill/ Crown Street site of the first railway station & tunnel complex. It would make an excellent Railway Museum. There's more money to be made in student housing, I suppose. And Steel & Glass condos on the waterfront. I'd have loved to see the old 'overhead railway' reincarnated in some way, maybe solving the airport-city centre connection problem at the same time.

You are not wrong. The Mann Island buildings are great in themselves -- but have no place blocking the view from the dock. I would have preferred the office building to be two or three times the height instead. At least the views would have been preserved.

The less said about the Ferry Terminal, the better.

The Everton stadium at least is a good design, doesn't obliterate classic sight-lines and brings a derelict area back to use, so people can once again appreciate the docklands. I don't have a problem with that, and neither should the WHO.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2021, 07:27:33 pm »
It's embarrassing but really I don't think he makes a great deal of difference to the City people come to the city to see football related stuff or Beatles stuff, or go to Liverpool One or William Brown street not to stare at a bunch of derelict docks. I do think Liverpool has a bright future ahead it is a nice place to live (despite what the Tory press would say) but far cheaper to live in than other places in the North such as Manchester, the City will attract a lot of young talent because of this and also a lot of creative talent who will breathe new life into the city.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: July 28, 2021, 03:10:28 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57986167
https://twitter.com/UNESCO/status/1420354433762873358

It’s all good now, because UNESCO have given what they took (Liverpool’s World Heritage status) to…..wait for it….*drum roll*…”the Slate Landscape of Northwest Wales”  :o ::)

Which would be near enough Rhyl. Everton to blame yet again.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2021, 03:14:46 pm »
Note that UNESCO tag the UK in that announcement together with the Union Jack, as opposed to the Welsh flag. That’ll have gone down well amongst our sheep-admiring cousins.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2021, 03:17:12 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57986167
https://twitter.com/UNESCO/status/1420354433762873358

It’s all good now, because UNESCO have given what they took (Liverpool’s World Heritage status) to…..wait for it….*drum roll*…”the Slate Landscape of Northwest Wales”  :o ::)

Which would be near enough Rhyl. Everton to blame yet again.

Sounds quite bitter that mate  - even more Everton
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2021, 04:03:24 pm »
So Wales gets the award based on 1800 years of humans raping the landscape?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #265 on: July 28, 2021, 04:20:59 pm »
Some knowall fuckalls earning a crust eh..

Fuckall to gawp at other than hills full of bits of slate, the mine has a fair amount of history, a lot of poor fellas didn't have the best of careers, some lost their lives down there & it's been turned into an attraction.
You'd expect a place with such prestige to attract returning visitors, i wouldn't go back..
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2021, 06:44:34 pm »
UNESCO probably tried to drive down The Strand, then said "nah, we're outta here."
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2021, 08:22:41 pm »
Load of bollocks. Those docks have been derelict most of my life. How can heritage be lost? Just a load of shite, I'd rather have a cruise terminal. They'd rather have us living like Edwardians.

Fuck them, lets build a massive Beatles themed casino.

But, imagine the fume from the blues if it was us building a ground.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 08:24:37 pm by Billy Elliot »
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2021, 08:30:48 pm »
There's probably more fucking slate on our rooftops here than whats left scattered over at Llechwed..
When they realise how daft this is & want to reinstate the status we should tell them to fuck off.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2021, 06:47:15 pm »
"33 new sites have been added to Unesco’s World Heritage List, including a forest in Thailand, a rock formation in Saudi Arabia, and the slate landscapes of Northwest Wales."

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #270 on: July 29, 2021, 08:37:46 pm »
Just spent a couple of nights with the family in the city. All really enjoyed it, has a great vibe and reminded me of new York in some ways, couldn't care less what unesco think I thought it had a great mix of old and new. As others have said it's a living city not a relic. I loved how the liver building and both cathedrals 'pop' up through gaps every now and then or from the waterfront you can see most of the 'historic' buildings. You should all be proud of your home cos its ace.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #271 on: July 29, 2021, 09:44:50 pm »
"33 new sites have been added to Unesco’s World Heritage List, including a forest in Thailand, a rock formation in Saudi Arabia, and the slate landscapes of Northwest Wales."
[/b][/b][/b]

So when is the Holy Stone of Clonrickert going to be added to the UNESCO World Heritage List

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: August 1, 2021, 01:58:03 am »
There's probably more fucking slate on our rooftops here than whats left scattered over at Llechwed..
When they realise how daft this is & want to reinstate the status we should tell them to fuck off.

I looked into UNESCO and oversight is lead by their Internal Oversight Service.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.