Author Topic: UEFA Champions League. Klopp's got a semi  (Read 319493 times)

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
Re: UEFA Champions League 18-19. What top pot spot have we got?
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2018, 11:59:04 am »
I genuinely do not care what pot we end up in. It is perfectly possible to end up with a harder draw from Pot 2 than Pot 3. It's all based on luck of the draw at this stage.

Plus if we get a tough draw you just have to look at the other teams in Pot 2 and 3 to see that the team everyone would want least from whichever pot we end up in is us. Nobody will want to draw Liverpool. We are last season's finalists and we've strengthened.

Genuinely don't see a reason to be worried or concerned in the slightest.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2018, 12:01:22 pm »
No way do I want Madrid in the group, thats not revenge when they qualify alongside us still. Semi finals, 2nd leg at Anfield. We would smash them.

Anyone seen what Ramos has been saying? Quite funny to be honest, hes on the attack. Saying Klopp is trying to protect himself as its not the first final hes lost. The bloke is a cock but would love him in your team, lying if you say otherwise.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2018, 12:17:49 pm »
When will the group stages draw take place? I know there's another round of qualifying before anyone states it....  ;D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%9319_UEFA_Champions_League
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2018, 12:18:41 pm »
I genuinely do not care what pot we end up in. It is perfectly possible to end up with a harder draw from Pot 2 than Pot 3. It's all based on luck of the draw at this stage.

Plus if we get a tough draw you just have to look at the other teams in Pot 2 and 3 to see that the team everyone would want least from whichever pot we end up in is us. Nobody will want to draw Liverpool. We are last season's finalists and we've strengthened.

Genuinely not seen anyone who is.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2018, 12:28:35 pm »
Ramos piping up again trying to act the hard man

Hope to get Madrid at any stage of the competition  :wanker
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2018, 12:30:12 pm »
Ramos piping up again trying to act the hard man

Hope to get Madrid at any stage of the competition  :wanker

Just ignore him, he wants to annoy Liverpool fans so don't give him what he wants.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2018, 12:36:10 pm »
I honestly couldn’t care less about who we get in the groups. I’d like to avoid Madrid though, not because they scare me but because I want to twat them later in the competition.

Aiming to do a Euro away for the first time in nearly a decade this year though so a bit of nice weather wouldn’t go amiss...
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2018, 12:52:00 pm »
I always thought PAOK was more Pow-Uk.

Close :D It's pronounced Pah-Ock.

Benfica are definitely the favourites but the PAOK fans create a hell of an atmosphere at home. If they can sneak a good result in Lisbon then they'll be in with a decent shot with the second leg back in Thessaloniki. Would be great if we ended up in Pot 2 but I'll be confident of making it through to the knock-outs either way.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2018, 12:52:50 pm »
No way do I want Madrid in the group, thats not revenge when they qualify alongside us still. Semi finals, 2nd leg at Anfield. We would smash them.

Anyone seen what Ramos has been saying? Quite funny to be honest, hes on the attack. Saying Klopp is trying to protect himself as its not the first final hes lost. The bloke is a cock but would love him in your team, lying if you say otherwise.

I see this quite a lot, and I can hand on heart say that I genuinely wouldn't.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2018, 01:32:47 pm »

Completely agree with this. The draw really is about luck and given our run last season, we shouldn`t be too concerned anyway. We are inevitably going to have to beat the best to bring back number 6 anyway. I am just looking forward to whoever we play (....and a bit of me would love to draw Madrid - the atmosphere would be incredible and welcome for Mr Ramos something quite special. Team talk does itself)
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2018, 01:44:46 am »
Who wants this team?

However, there's only one team Liverpool supporters want to face when the balls are pulled out at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco on Thursday, August 30.

And it's the team which has provoked so much angst among the Anfield fanbase in recent months.

Real Madrid.

Who?

:wave
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2018, 01:06:02 pm »
Completely agree with this. The draw really is about luck and given our run last season, we shouldn`t be too concerned anyway. We are inevitably going to have to beat the best to bring back number 6 anyway. I am just looking forward to whoever we play (....and a bit of me would love to draw Madrid - the atmosphere would be incredible and welcome for Mr Ramos something quite special. Team talk does itself)

I want to get them in the Round of 16 and knock them out. Means several things - early exit for them, if we beat them in group stage it's not necessarily an exit for them and it also means that we'll thrash them at Anfield like we did last season to a lot of teams, some really good teams as well.

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
Re: UEFA Champions League 18-19. Up the POAK!
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2018, 01:40:09 pm »
From Pot 3, we'd have to play one of:

Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Juventus, PSG, Lokomotiv Moscow

and one of

Dortmund, Porto, Shaktar, Napoli, Roma, Benfica

I'd rather be in Pot 2 than 3, but I'm actually not that worried about it. Looking at the Pot 2 teams, none of them strike fear into me - I'm sure Dortmund, Napoli, and Roma could give us a game, but we'd be heavy favorites against any of them.

Pot 1 next season anyway. One way or the other.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2018, 01:42:28 pm »

Benfica are definitely the favourites but the PAOK fans create a hell of an atmosphere at home. If they can sneak a good result in Lisbon then they'll be in with a decent shot with the second leg back in Thessaloniki. Would be great if we ended up in Pot 2 but I'll be confident of making it through to the knock-outs either way.

Incredible photo. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2018, 02:31:26 pm »
Here's the full draw for the Play Off round.

Red Star Belgrade v Red Bull Salzburg
BATE Borisov v PSV Eindhoven
Young Boys v Dinamo Zagreb
MOL Vidi v AEK Athens

Benfica v PAOK
Ajax v Dynamo Kyiv

Can throw together some profiles/previews if anyone is interested?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2018, 05:30:11 pm »
Here's the full draw for the Play Off round.

Red Star Belgrade v Red Bull Salzburg
BATE Borisov v PSV Eindhoven
Young Boys v Dinamo Zagreb
MOL Vidi v AEK Athens

Benfica v PAOK
Ajax v Dynamo Kyiv

Can throw together some profiles/previews if anyone is interested?

Would be interested in the Ajax and Benfica games, the others not so much
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2018, 05:34:54 pm »
Honestly think some of those teams are poor enough for us to beat and potentially sneak into the Europa knock-outs
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2018, 05:44:43 pm »

Call me a liar then, I would never want him in this team. He was at fault for most of the goals last night. There are better players then him around, if you just want to take somebody out of a game.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2018, 05:57:42 pm »
f**k it......i don't care what pot we are in. Just give us the most difficult group...we will still qualify for R16.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2018, 06:37:32 pm »
I would love Real Madrid in the groups, just to see Ramos face when he turns up at Anfield.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2018, 04:46:48 am »
Call me a liar then, I would never want him in this team. He was at fault for most of the goals last night. There are better players then him around, if you just want to take somebody out of a game.

Ramos is an elite defender, but he can be way to aggressive positionally and then relies on athleticism and reading of the game to bail himself out. When he realises he is up against with more pace than he can handle, or someone game smarter he hacks them out of the game. It’s been his MO for his entire career. I’m on my phone but I’m pretty sure there’s an 8 min YouTube of just his fouls on Messi
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2018, 04:48:11 am »

Looks like the NSL in the early 90’s
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2018, 01:28:28 pm »
Liverpool  should be kicked out of the Champions League according to the president Napoli

Now, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has released a typically strong statement, accusing Liverpool and Roma of being owned by the same person.

UEFA guidelines do not allow two teams owned by the same person/people or company to take part in European competitions.

In an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport, De Laurentiis said: “I have the feeling that Roma and Liverpool have the same owner.

“I was told by somebody a few years ago and if it was true they would not be allowed to play the Champions League.”

There is understood to be no actual concern however, as American businessman James Pallotta owns Roma as well as shares in the NBA’s Boston Celtics, while Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group own the MLB’s Boston Red Sox.

;)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2018, 01:46:53 pm »
 :lmao

Nice try, I guess! ;D

Offline Baraka

• bama. But a lot lot lot lot stupider. Has an IQ of 6½
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2018, 09:19:18 am »
Real Madrid please. They need to receive a pasting at anfield
South Park>>>>>All.

Online Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2018, 09:50:28 am »
Ramos is an elite defender, but he can be way to aggressive positionally and then relies on athleticism and reading of the game to bail himself out. When he realises he is up against with more pace than he can handle, or someone game smarter he hacks them out of the game. It’s been his MO for his entire career. I’m on my phone but I’m pretty sure there’s an 8 min YouTube of just his fouls on Messi
And he gets schooled and bullied by Diego Costa.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2018, 09:52:27 pm »
1-1
FT

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2018, 09:53:13 pm »
Good of them getting an away goal.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2018, 09:54:12 pm »

Look a hungrier side

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2018, 09:57:47 pm »
Full times in some of the first legs.
BATE 2 PSV 3
Red Star 0 Red Bull 0
Benfica 1 PAOK 1

As it stands, Benfica would be out on away goals, and we would be in Pot 2.

Remaining first legs tomorrow.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2018, 10:15:01 pm »
Dortmund, Porto, Shaktar, Napoli, and Roma are also all rooting for PAOK... 8)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2018, 10:18:23 pm »
Get in!!!

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2018, 11:13:23 pm »
Dortmund, Porto, Shaktar, Napoli, and Roma are also all rooting for PAOK... 8)

No doubt. Finalist and has strengthened even further; we may not be in Pot 1 or 2, but we're definitely one of the favorite teams to win it in addition to the like of Barca, Madrid, or Juve
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2018, 04:31:52 pm »
Am I right in thinking that they have moved kick off times for this season's UCL? I'm sure I read somewhere that they were going to but not sure if it's for this year or next
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2018, 04:45:11 pm »
Wonder whether there'll be much pyro at the return leg for UEFA to get upset about?

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2018, 04:48:58 pm »
Am I right in thinking that they have moved kick off times for this season's UCL? I'm sure I read somewhere that they were going to but not sure if it's for this year or next

6pm and 8pm UK Time kick offs this season in the CL, 6pm ones will mostly be the Eastern European games

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2018, 05:50:23 pm »
6pm and 8pm UK Time kick offs this season in the CL, 6pm ones will mostly be the Eastern European games
Thanks. I thought that was the case but wanted to check. That 6pm kick off against Augsberg a couple of seasons back was a nightmare! Hopefully, like you say, they'll reserve them for eastern europe
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2018, 06:27:02 pm »
18:55 and 21:00 CET kick offs.
CET = GMT+1 (same as British Summer Time)

So games before the end of October (up to & inc Match Day 3) will kick off at 6:55pm and 9pm.
After the clocks go back, it will be 5:55pm and 8pm.

Group Stage draw is 30th Aug, with the first matches 18/19 September.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2499801.html?iv=true
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2018, 11:56:40 am »
for those interested, this is what the pots for CL will look like with all permutations taken into account and likely allocations basing it on 5% of capacity
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:00:29 pm by Tiz Lad »

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2018, 01:47:11 pm »
18:55 and 21:00 CET kick offs.
CET = GMT+1 (same as British Summer Time)

So games before the end of October (up to & inc Match Day 3) will kick off at 6:55pm and 9pm.
After the clocks go back, it will be 5:55pm and 8pm.

Group Stage draw is 30th Aug, with the first matches 18/19 September.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2499801.html?iv=true

So the match will finish about 10:50? - Sound that for getting home from the match and getting up for work.
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05