Author Topic: Ante Post 2016/17  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ante Post 2016/17
« on: July 20, 2016, 06:57:56 pm »
Surprised I didn't see a thread for this already.
I'll get it rolling

Blackburn to be relegated from the Championship - 11/2
Been on a downward spiral for a few seasons now and have brought in Owen Coyle to stop the rot but he hasn't done anything of not since his Burnley days. Was only not long ago that the goals of Gestede and Rhodes was keeping them afloat. Both have moved on and the money from the deals have not been placed back into the club. Solid centre back Grant Hanley has just went to Newcastle and that is a big hole also, Tommy Spurr has also moved on. Their signings do not stand out either, they've signed two strikers in Danny Graham who hasn't scored goals since his Watford days which seems a long time ago now and Anthony Stokes who has only ever done it north of the border.

Scott Hogan Top Goalscorer in the Championship - 25/1 EW
He's been troubled by injuries but there is hopes that he has put them behind them with a strong showing for Brentford late in the season when he regained full fitness. Scored goals for fun at Rochdale at the level below and his appearances in the back end of last season for Brentford shows he can do it at this level also. Mark my words, he will play Premier League football at some point in his career.

Doncaster to win League 2 - 9/1
Added well and not really lost any players. Matty Blair is a good winger at that level, Baudry is solid at centre back in League 2 and they've also added the experience of Gary McSheffrey. Tommy Rowe will tear this league apart, that is the signing of the league so far. The obvious question mark is over the manager in Darren Ferguson but he has got sides out this league in the past.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:01:04 pm by Yozza1 »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Re: Ante Post 2016/17
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 07:04:38 pm »
How did you fare last season mate?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 07:14:07 pm »
How did you fare last season mate?
Mixed mate, hit a few. Season before I had an impressive strike rate. Luton let me down big time last season

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 07:15:48 pm »
Mixed mate, hit a few. Season before I had an impressive strike rate. Luton let me down big time last season

I thought Brentford would go close to promotion again this season but they were a big let down, Championship can be a minefield.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 12:47:10 pm »
Who is everyone fancying in league 1 or league 2 this season?
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 07:47:20 pm »
Sportingbet are offering 28/1 to win for Millwall to win League 1 at the moment. That is a cracking price and value considering they're 10/1 everywhere else. Millwall have not sold anyone of note from their side and have Lee Gregory still who is 8/1 for the golden boot and that must be backed. He will fire goals again this term and is too good for this league now. They've added David Worrall for a bit of width along with Gregg Wylde from Plymouth.

Matty Taylor for the League 1 Golden Boot - 25/1 EW
Only thing with backing Taylor is that you have to hope he doesn't get a move to a higher division because that is where he will end up. Scored for fun in League 2 last season and is at it again in pre-season against some sides from higher leagues. Real buzz around Bristol Rovers at the moment also and they've made some impressive signings and should go well. I have them as my dark horses
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:49:34 pm by Yozza1 »

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 04:23:32 pm »
William hills countdown today is:

Kane,Vardy, Sturridge to score 56 or more goals combined @ 16/1

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #7 on: August 1, 2016, 01:16:40 am »
I've been backing Dele Alli top scorer at 150/1..

Few small top ups.

I like the Mane over 7.5 goals with BetVictor too, will double that up with a lot of my antepost..

Only other bet so far Juventus CL 16/1

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 3, 2016, 09:42:00 pm »
How about Liverpool top Prem scorers at 9/1?

We obviously have serious firepower with Sturridge, Origi, Firmino, Coutinho, Mane, Ings, Wijnaldum etc...

Since Klopp came in, only Spurs have scored more (60 - 56) but since the turn of the year we are top, WH second (41 - 37).

That was managed with the "B" team at times towards the end of the season, and would hopefully improve given no Europe. City are rightful favourites having won it 3 times on the trot but us behind Utd (27 goals in 2016 but 4/1) seems mental at least.
Twitter

Betfair referral code: 7X3XLFRPH

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 3, 2016, 09:59:21 pm »
I like the Mane and Coutinho both to score 10+ at 8/1

Awaiting the Player of the Year markets, might request some prices tomorrow. Very surprised nothing up yet.. I want the Shaw Young player and the Hazard main award odds.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 3, 2016, 10:25:09 pm »
Newcastle to win the championship at 7/4. All fucking over it!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #11 on: August 4, 2016, 10:03:56 am »
paddy power offering this

bet 25 or 12.5 ew on a player to be top scorer and every goal he gets you get a 2 euro free bet

giroud at 16s maybe?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 4, 2016, 11:02:08 pm »
I think Rangers are value @ 7/2 to win the Scottish Prem, as Celtic look so poor right now, and they've made a few good signings including Joey Barton who played a big part in helping Burnley win the Championship last year.

Offline JohnnyNI

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: August 7, 2016, 01:38:41 pm »
Have taken Sturridge for the Premier League top goalscorer E/W at 25/1 on PP, paying out at 6 places. Also get a free £2 bet every time he scores, here's hoping he can stay injury free for a season. ;D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 7, 2016, 08:59:04 pm »
Napoli @ 7/4 to win Serie A (without Juventus)

I think this is superb value.

Granted they've lost Higuain but their pre-season has been excellent.

They look like a team in terrific shape heading into the new campaign and have signed Milik, Giaccherini, Piotr Zieliński and Radošević.

Roma the clear danger and possibly Inter but neither have made any massive signings, Roma sold Pjanic to Juve also.

Napoli have a settled side and if Milik clicks up front they will maintain their very strong home form and I think finish best of the rest again.

They had the second tightest defence in the league last season.

« Last Edit: August 7, 2016, 09:01:29 pm by Phil M »

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 09:16:37 pm »
I've backed Eric Dier 25/1 and Luke Shaw 50/1 Young player of the year.

Love that Dier bet, he's great.. London based which helps. Spurs will have another good year, Dier's improving all the time off the back of a great year and an impressive Euros.

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 09:29:10 pm »
I've backed Eric Dier 25/1 and Luke Shaw 50/1 Young player of the year.

Love that Dier bet, he's great.. London based which helps. Spurs will have another good year, Dier's improving all the time off the back of a great year and an impressive Euros.

Who's priced up that market mate?

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 10:18:22 pm »
Who's priced up that market mate?
Betfair, couldn't find anything on oddschecker but went searching..

BetVictor have a very small market too but only about 10 players priced, biggest odds 20/1

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2016, 01:55:46 pm »
I like the Mane and Coutinho both to score 10+ at 8/1

Great start for this one.

Very tempted to add Dortmund 25/1 to win the Champions League. I think they'll go far. Lost 2 nil to Bayern last night but they were very unlucky, weren't at full strength either and I think Tuchel has done well with the squad this summer.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 09:48:05 pm »
I'll get it rolling

Been on a downward spiral for a few seasons now and have brought in Owen Coyle to stop the rot but he hasn't done anything of not since his Burnley days. Was only not long ago that the goals of Gestede and Rhodes was keeping them afloat. Both have moved on and the money from the deals have not been placed back into the club. Solid centre back Grant Hanley has just went to Newcastle and that is a big hole also, Tommy Spurr has also moved on. Their signings do not stand out either, they've signed two strikers in Danny Graham who hasn't scored goals since his Watford days which seems a long time ago now and Anthony Stokes who has only ever done it north of the border.
Looking good this one

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 6, 2017, 09:41:43 am »
I'll get it rolling

He's been troubled by injuries but there is hopes that he has put them behind them with a strong showing for Brentford late in the season when he regained full fitness. Scored goals for fun at Rochdale at the level below and his appearances in the back end of last season for Brentford shows he can do it at this level also. Mark my words, he will play Premier League football at some point in his career.

Added well and not really lost any players. Matty Blair is a good winger at that level, Baudry is solid at centre back in League 2 and they've also added the experience of Gary McSheffrey. Tommy Rowe will tear this league apart, that is the signing of the league so far. The obvious question mark is over the manager in Darren Ferguson but he has got sides out this league in the past.
These 3 looking solid especially after Doncaster's win last night. Got Hogan E/W, he is 2nd in the charts but linked with a move to the Premier League and Blackburn still down there or abouts

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 8, 2017, 03:20:15 am »
I have a few that look potentially on.

I still really like the Juventus Champions League and Dortmund also got a good draw. Topping up on Juventus again at the end of the month. I think 14/1 is very big.

Mane league goals in already, Alli top scorer each way looking quite promising too with them paying 6 places and Hazard player of the year now a 7/2 shot.

Got on the Belotti top scorer train in Serie A too, only a goal behind.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 8, 2017, 11:31:47 am »
I'll get it rolling

1 out of 3 after Doncaster blew it on the final day. Still in profit, Hogan was looking good also until his January move to Aston Villa.