Author Topic: SoccerManager - Looking for new managers  (Read 589667 times)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sweet baby Gabriel Jesus, just noticed that Benfica won the D2 playoffs. Gonna be a bloodbath down there next season, 6 managed teams fighting for 2 promotion spots. Much tougher than it was back in the day, Luuk De Jong running riot in a league of unmanaged clubs  :D
:o Benfica aren't even managed ffs!! ;D that league must be tough to qualify from, only one guaranteed spot, and now the unmanaged are clocking up promotions

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't know why he feels the need to give up Cavani. That's just silly. If anything he should just go through with it with a ''ha, there's the whole deal there mudda fuckas'' attitude and shut us all up. If the deal is Vidal and Cavani for Milik, Moise Kean, Lucas Moura, Simeone and Murillo, then that's the deal.
He should have offered up Moura and Milik maybe for Cavani first (that doesn't look too bad) and then Simeone, Kean and Murillo for vidal next season (that still looks fairly fook'n shite... :D) He could have used cavani for his play off battle, and then the deal wouldn't have been some stinky looking yoke like the original deal done. Hindsight and all, but he had to have known eyebrows would be raised

CardyCheChe out the loop here!

So that was the deal? But it became just Milik and Kean for Vidal?

The full deal looks ok. One manager looking to add heavy hitters, the other padding out his squad.

On the subject of squad depth. Shakhtar have some sensual depth. Will be able to make proper substitutions next season!

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Gonna be a bloodbath down there next season, 6 managed teams fighting for 2 promotion spots.

Zenit aren't going for promotion - too early in our development.

So 5 teams fighting for 2 spots.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
Zenit aren't going for promotion - too early in our development.

So 5 teams fighting for 2 spots.

Still more of a banana skin for the rest of us than playing vs. an unmanaged club though. Even crazier when you think that only 1 of those is an automatic promotion spot, with the rest battling it out just for the chance of going up through the playoffs. Gonna be good fun though, PSV are relishing the challenge.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
CardyCheChe out the loop here!

So that was the deal? But it became just Milik and Kean for Vidal?

The full deal looks ok. One manager looking to add heavy hitters, the other padding out his squad.

On the subject of squad depth. Shakhtar have some sensual depth. Will be able to make proper substitutions next season!

That was the full deal but only part of it went through this season because of the 3 transfers between clubs per season rule. The rest was meant to go through next season but after hearing about the comments on here the Napoli manager decided to martyr himself ;D and told Juve they could take the remaining 3 players (Murillo, Lucas, Simeone) without trading Cavani. I'm sure they'll sort it out between themselves.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lewa played 22 scored 4...played 2 friendlies scored 5....ridiculous

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lewa played 22 scored 4...played 2 friendlies scored 5....ridiculous
:D Get rid. Not a big game player

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Any shit teams want Parejo as it's time for Saul to stand up.

Barcelona?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Any shit teams want Parejo as it's time for Saul to stand up.

Barcelona?
When? When he's getting up from the subs bench?? Kampl over Saul.....i've seen it all ::) ;D

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sunday will be my last game on SM for a while, the strains of management have taken their toll so I'm taking a break.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sunday will be my last game on SM for a while, the strains of management have taken their toll so I'm taking a break.

Aww dude, you giving up your team/s?

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope to see you back soon, recharged & refreshed!

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan

:(

Don't do a Fat Sam, no decision is final!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'll be back, probably take a month off then return. It's become a bit of an addiction..logging in routinely, searching for players etc and so on. It's not healthy.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
Asensio will never rise he said .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
In a different gameworld though.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'll be back, probably take a month off then return. It's become a bit of an addiction..logging in routinely, searching for players etc and so on. It's not healthy.
I don't really scout anymore. Odd time i'll check the database of new added players. I've cut back on me sm life a bit. Still log in every day mind... ::) :D
I get what you mean about logging in all the time though. It's a go too habit. Must be better things to do with your time, and to use the internet for. I'm flirting with the idea of binning it altogether by years end. I'll leave Atletico at the end of the season. Card Cheats world i could just log in once in a blue moon and not have to worry about scouting with the young squad i have. It could just sit there. This world i could put Barca up for draft i suppose. Just log into both worlds every week or so

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't really scout anymore. Odd time i'll check the database of new added players. I've cut back on me sm life a bit. Still log in every day mind... ::) :D
I get what you mean about logging in all the time though. It's a go too habit. Must be better things to do with your time, and to use the internet for. I'm flirting with the idea of binning it altogether by years end. I'll leave Atletico at the end of the season. Card Cheats world i could just log in once in a blue moon and not have to worry about scouting with the young squad i have. It could just sit there. This world i could put Barca up for draft i suppose. Just log into both worlds every week or so

I'm checking my phone more than the kids now....SM and RAWK have taken over my life.

I can't see you knocking it on the head, has anyone ever won a division with 2 different teams? That could be your next challenge..

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I'm checking my phone more than the kids now....SM and RAWK have taken over my life.

I can't see you knocking it on the head, has anyone ever won a division with 2 different teams? That could be your next challenge..

I'm really lucky that my iphone is so old that SM won't open on it. My addiction is just limited to home life. Which is bad enough as it is. I found Isak as a 16 year old from combing through the entire database of under 18s and picking on those who had cool names  ;D  I've considered quitting a number of times, but it's very hard once you get invested in a team and a group of players you've brought through. You'll definitely be a miss from these GWs, as someone who's always open to a deal, but I understand the need to go cold turkey for a bit. Good luck  :wave
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
For me it usually goes in cycles. There are times when I'll spend half my day on SM and others when something more important is going on in my life and SM takes a back seat. The good thing is you don't really get penalised for not logging in for a few days, you might forget to change your team for a cup game or whatever but your team's still there. Like Betty said I'm way too invested to quit just yet though, not until I lead PSV to that Division 1 title! Suppose it's different for the likes of Lawnmo & RK7 though, they've already been there and won whatever there is to win with their teams.

The other thing is that this league has become a lot more competitive over the past year or so. We've had some really good new managers joining....Betty at Inter, Alex at Bayern, even my old chum Klippity. All of them have been active and really added to the world. It's made things a lot more intense than they used to be though, and a lot harder to slack off!

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
Also, did anyone tell Melbred about the 2 signings from unmanaged clubs rule?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Also, did anyone tell Melbred about the 2 signings from unmanaged clubs rule?
I just pm'd him. I didn't bother filling him in. when you apply for a team in the world, all the rules are there in the gameworld description which is literally 2 inches above where you select teams. It's a great big bloody paragraph melbred!!
Needs updating to a 40 cap which i can only do once a season
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 06:01:40 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
35? When was that agreed?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
35? When was that agreed?
40 then. Card cheats is 35. got mixed up

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

OK,  no worries. Thought I had missed something

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
OK,  no worries. Thought I had missed something
I knew one world was 35! somewhere :D

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Phew!

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Fuck's sake :lmao

Well worth watching the movie if you haven't seen it.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
Well worth watching the movie if you haven't seen it.

What's the name? Might stick it on over the weekend if the rest is as funny as that gif.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
What's the name? Might stick it on over the weekend if the rest is as funny as that gif.

Top Secret!

It's ridiculously stupid but funny as hell.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
Top Secret!

It's ridiculously stupid but funny as hell.

Stupid is good :D That's my Sunday evening sorted, gotta fill that void now the footy season's all but over!

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Soccer Manager League 2
« Reply #6913 on: May 27, 2017, 10:18:50 pm »
Meunier sold!
Alario
Bruma
Pereiro
Scarpa

All for sale. Cash on its own, or cash + little low rated youthy with no face, or an old dude on the Ribery-Motta-Barzagli spectrum.

Might change my mind on Bruma after seeing him linked with Leipzig, but the others are defo for sale!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6914 on: May 27, 2017, 10:46:27 pm »
Woulda thought Carvajal would have rose, considering they rose Marcelo. Disappointing. Positive....Iniesta stays at 95 :P Delighted considering i've tried moving him on, but nobody wants him ::) :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 10:48:58 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The other thing is that this league has become a lot more competitive over the past year or so. We've had some really good new managers joining....Betty at Inter, Alex at Bayern, even my old chum Klippity. All of them have been active and really added to the world. It's made things a lot more intense than they used to be though, and a lot harder to slack off!

I knew you loved me really!  ;D

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6916 on: May 28, 2017, 08:32:04 am »
Woulda thought Carvajal would have rose, considering they rose Marcelo. Disappointing. Positive....Iniesta stays at 95 :P Delighted considering i've tried moving him on, but nobody wants him ::) :D

They fucking hate Pepe. CL and Euros last year. La Liga and CL final this year. Stuck on 92. Coutinho gets a 93 for scoring most goals from outside the box since 2014, the other guy gets cock all for winning everything under the sun. They're not beyond giving rises to over 30s, Terry got one when Chelsea won the league in 2015, Arduriz got one for scoring a few goals. Pretty sure the likes of Kuyt and Pizarro have had them too. He's not even in my team, that's how bad this state of affairs is!

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #6917 on: May 28, 2017, 08:34:25 am »
Might change my mind on Bruma after seeing him linked with Leipzig, but the others are defo for sale!

Ah the old Spurs tactic of letting the likes of Leipzig & Monaco do all the scouting before swooping in to steal the fruits of their labour. It's never failed me!

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #6918 on: May 28, 2017, 08:37:56 am »
Positive....Iniesta stays at 95 :P Delighted considering i've tried moving him on, but nobody wants him ::) :D

Turned down Iniesta around this time last year, hasn't dropped since then. Probably should've gone for it in hindsight, lesson there for the future!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6919 on: May 28, 2017, 09:48:41 am »
Turned down Iniesta around this time last year, hasn't dropped since then. Probably should've gone for it in hindsight, lesson there for the future!
Yup. But you didn't want him because he's old and on a decline?? Meanwhile 3 regular sm seasons have passed. Worra job he coulda done. But he's not 18!! Think i'll keep him now for the epic.....Quadruplet Quest