Author Topic: Ken Dodd dies aged 90.  (Read 5164 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Ken Dodd dies aged 90.
« on: March 12, 2018, 01:49:07 am »
Comedian Sir Ken Dodd has died at the age of 90, his publicist has confirmed.

The Liverpool legend had recently been released from hospital after six weeks of treatment for a chest infection.

On Friday, he had married Anne Jones, his partner of 40 years, at their house, which was the on he grew up in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43367267?ocid=socialflow_twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbcnews
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
Re: Ken Dodd dies aged 90.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 04:59:47 am »
Sad news. He was an oddball but seemed to be a relatively nice guy.

RIP Ken.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 07:10:03 am »
Saw him at a social club in Rice Lane about twenty years or so ago. Did over two hours and he was genuinely achingly funny live. Surpassed my expectations. Went down a storm.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 07:12:35 am »
This is sad news. I saw him a couple of times and each time he was so funny had the whole audience in the palm of his hand. A natural comedian. RIP Doddy.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 07:15:15 am »
RIP a legend.

One of my favourite jokes;

- Ken Dodd's Dad's dog died.

- Did he?

- No, Doddy!
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Sir Ken Dodd has died.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 07:45:37 am »
Did he? No Doddy!

I'm sure he'd approve of that old one..

Very sad news..Sir Ken Dodd is no longer with us.

Sir Ken Dodd: Comedy legend dies, aged 90 -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43367267
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 08:09:45 am »
This is sad news. I saw him a couple of times and each time he was so funny had the whole audience in the palm of his hand. A natural comedian. RIP Doddy.  :(
Never got to see him, but my parents were regulars at his shows and would agree with what you say there Jill. Mum’s only complaint was the pain from laughing so hard and so long. RIP Ken.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 08:13:49 am »
What a gay day for sticking a cucumber through your neighbours letterbox and shouting "Quick, quick, the Martians have landed!!".
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 09:43:48 am »
Gary Delaney
Gary Delaney
@GaryDelaney
RIP Sir Ken Dodd. One of the all time greats. The funeral will be held on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 09:51:31 am »
Gary Delaney
Gary Delaney
@GaryDelaney
RIP Sir Ken Dodd. One of the all time greats. The funeral will be held on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday.

Was just about to post that!  ;D

Ah, sigh, RIP Ken.  :'(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 11:08:01 am »
The King of Comedy is Dead....a rare an unique comic genius.

He may have appeared in the Sixites as one of the Liverpool 'Comedians' to rise on the succes of the Beatles but Doddy carved his path way befere that...once the sixities where over and the 'proffesional' comdians followed their wary cheesy path..Doddy joked to his own beat on th eclub and theatre circuit building up a hige fan base young and old.

His perfomances are legendary and Ive heard so many stories about him from people at his shows, everythign said about him is true.

His 'local' failure was to associate with Thatcher and avoid Tax's, but to be honest he deserves a pass on that, if for nothing else when every other  Liverpool Celeb fucked off down south, mixed with the Tory belt, yet played on their 'Liverpudlianess'..Doddy stayed true to his home town he loved and always lived here.

He was funny as fuck!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 11:08:06 am »
I can't ever get past his politics and support for that evil bitch Thatcher.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 11:14:37 am »
Ken Dodd's Dad's dog's owner's son's dead

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 11:41:16 am »
Otto sends his respects to Sir Ken's family.

(Taken a few years back. He enjoyed the joke.)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:42:52 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 11:52:12 am »
A proper character and what a great age. May he rest in peace.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 12:18:28 pm »
RIP My mum always talks about the rare times my Grandad was doubled up laughing and it was always when watching Ken Dodd apparently.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 12:28:12 pm »
'My shows are educational, they are, they are educational..I heard somebody after one of my shows say 'well that's taught me a lesson'

Met him a few times when I lived in Knotty Ash, lovely fella, had time for everyone. Best time though was when I met him in Tesco on Queens Drive, I was wearing shorts he was taking the piss out of my legs (understandably!)

I rang my Mum to tell her and he wanted to talk her, he was asking my Mum if she knew I was out dressed like that!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 12:52:06 pm »
The King of Comedy is Dead....a rare an unique comic genius.

He may have appeared in the Sixites as one of the Liverpool 'Comedians' to rise on the succes of the Beatles but Doddy carved his path way befere that...once the sixities where over and the 'proffesional' comdians followed their wary cheesy path..Doddy joked to his own beat on th eclub and theatre circuit building up a hige fan base young and old.

His perfomances are legendary and Ive heard so many stories about him from people at his shows, everythign said about him is true.

His 'local' failure was to associate with Thatcher and avoid Tax's, but to be honest he deserves a pass on that, if for nothing else when every other  Liverpool Celeb fucked off down south, mixed with the Tory belt, yet played on their 'Liverpudlianess'..Doddy stayed true to his home town he loved and always lived here.

He was funny as fuck!

Well said FB. A remarkable and irreplaceable Liverpudlian.

RIP Doddy
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 01:01:29 pm »
Forget the politics - remember the comic genius, a true legend of music hall, radio, tv and most impressively, the live shows. I went to three and they all went over the allotted time by at least two hours.

“Did any of us in our wildest dreams ever imagine we’d live long enough to see the end of the DFS sale?”

R.I.P Doddy, a proper scouser.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 01:32:52 pm »
His humour didnt appeal to me, but how can you not love the man and all his odd and eccentric ways.

Only live down the road from Knotty Ash (surprising the amount of people who actually thought Knotty Ash was a fictional place), so used to Doddy a few times.

Proper old school Liverpudlian and a guy with a big heart. We'll all miss him dearly.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 02:01:04 pm »

Only live down the road from Knotty Ash (surprising the amount of people who actually thought Knotty Ash was a fictional place), so used to Doddy a few times.

Circa 1980 drove up with some fellow students who wanted to watch a Liverpool game ( and me cyinically use their car for lift to match)...as we approached the Rocket , the car was in uproar , laughing their heads off....the'yd just seen the direction sign for Knotty Ash and thought it was a ficticous home for the Diddymen and Jam Butty Mines. It made their day.

Online FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 02:04:52 pm »
My Favourite Doddy joke.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EHihHjJ4X80" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EHihHjJ4X80</a>

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 03:25:53 pm »
^ ha ha

You always used to see him out and about, in Church Street in town and at the Dry cleaners on Kings Drive in Woolton.

RIP Doddy

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 03:31:08 pm »
I remember going to see him as a kid in Scarborough. Obviously I can't remember the content of the show, it probably all went over my head at that age anyway, but, I'll never forget the hypnotist who was doing the midnight show trying to get him off stage in time but was fighting a losing battle. Happy times.

Online FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 03:38:15 pm »
Guy I used to work with ran a fund raising event in Ormskirk when the local Scout hut burned down, a sort of 'chicken in basket' type thing...anyhoo he contacted Kens agent and duly booked him, he wasnt sure what to expect , but on the night he turned up with what he decribed a a bizzare entourage like from a circus...who all got to do a 5 min slot...and Ken...as said many time blew tham away he was brilliant, think it was meant to finish around 10:30 and it went past midnight....he went to pay Ken ( in cash as prevously agreed with agent) and he said 'no no' laughingly, give that to the agent..it was after the Tax trial.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 04:51:44 pm »
Doddy "You can tell a joke in Glasgow and people will laugh at it. But in Birmingham, they won't"

Parkinson "Why is that?"

Doddy "Well, they can't hear you"

RIP Ken and thanks for all the laughs.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 06:45:01 pm »
Doddy "You can tell a joke in Glasgow and people will laugh at it. But in Birmingham, they won't"

Parkinson "Why is that?"

Haha class :)

RIP Doddy. 

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 07:17:43 pm »
Can't lie, have very bad memories of him. Saw him with my mum and dad when I was a kid and nearly broke my neck the amount of times I was drifting off as he continued endlessly into the night. :D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2018, 07:27:20 pm »
My bestie saw him at the Empire when she was 15.  It was about 2 am when she said to her dad, "Dad, we've got to go.  I've got an exam in the morning"  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 10:10:08 pm »
RIP

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2018, 10:13:15 pm »

Parkinson "Why is that?"

:lmao hadn’t heard that before.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2018, 10:47:07 pm »
My family were all from Knotty Ash and I spent the vast majority of my childhood there, until we moved to  Glasgow where we had to take a picture of junction 5 of the 62 to prove to the locals that it really existed!

I remember doing a paper round with my Auntie and her pointing out Ken Dodd’s house when we delivered to it, I lived off that for years until quite recently when another auntie saw him in Runcorn and said she was from Knotty Ash, he asked her what her name was and when she told him he asked her if she was Ernie and Harry’s Sister?!!!! Turns out he was a friend of the family!!

RIP Doddy

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2018, 11:06:50 pm »
Imagine on BBC 1 now about Doddy

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2018, 11:30:14 pm »
Only seen my mum cry with laughter at 3 comedians

Ken Dodd
Billy Connolly
Victoria Wood.

Was a great comedian. The power to make you laugh just by presence alone.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2018, 12:49:21 am »
Genius

RIP Doddy

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2018, 01:19:16 am »
Its Pete Price i feel sorry for

All those mates of his whove died

Offline exilescouse

• Lack sufficient letters for real testicles.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 07:17:55 am »
Saw his laughter show at the Empire when I was a kid, and after that, saw him many times on West Derby Road in his rolls, always pulling faces at me and my sister in my mums car, as I am sure he did with everyone he was stuck at the lights with.

Been to a few of his shows in clubs over the years also, they went on and on, brilliant.

I have lived in Asia now for 18 years, when I was home 5 years ago I went to his show at the Phil expecting to never see him again, I mean he was 85 then. The show started at 7.30 and we left the Phil after midnight.

I think if you want to see him at his best it is in 'An Audience with Ken Dodd', it was basically 3 hours they had to edit down into 90 minutes. Brilliant from start to finish, I was watching the Dickie Mint act yesterday on youtube from that show, still pissing myself watching it. What do you do Glue? haha

Putting his politics etc to one side he was a genuine national treasure.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 09:57:32 am »

RIP Mr Dodd .

One of the very few who stayed true to his roots till the end .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2018, 03:42:37 pm »
RIP Doddy. A genuinely funny man.

Love that Glasgow/Birmingham gag

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2018, 06:42:30 pm »
Its Pete Price i feel sorry for

All those mates of his whove died

:lmao :lmao
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.