Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 387901 times)

Offline all_funkt_up

• ....the valentino of the boards... really knows how to treat a lady.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget. Never Buy the Sun.
    • The Daily Punt
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #120 on: November 9, 2010, 12:45:35 am »
Another amazing episode. Word of warning to anyone wanting to watch it later: make sure you're not eating your tea. It's not called "Guts" for nothing.

Proper water in the mouth gagging frenzy!

Roy. Shut up. Just shut up.

Betting Banter and Stuff

http://thedailypunt.com/forum/

"Zlatan was released by Ajax because of his fucking attitude. Released by Juve cos just not good enough to play alongside Trezeguet.
He won't score or make an assist at

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #121 on: November 9, 2010, 01:30:47 am »
The fucking hilarity of some people saying they're not that in to the cast, or that they expected it to be better, after TWO episodes. Both of which have been brilliant.

Some people just moan for the sake of it, I reckon. No other reason for it, you just love to whinge.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 9, 2010, 01:02:19 pm »
Proper water in the mouth gagging frenzy!

I loved the "don't get any on your skin or in your eyes", after they've all stood two feet away from a man chopping up a zombie with an axe, with guts and brain matter flying everywhere, all rubbing and covering their mouths with their hands. And then the latino dude puts on the mask that's covered in Zombie guts.

But I'm not sure how Rick was supposed to know to not get guts on you as he doesn't seem to have asked any real questions about what has happened or how this all started. He didn't even seem to want to know about the Refugee Centre even though that's why he was there in the first place.

Enough whining though.  ;D

Merle, what would you have done?

Just a heads up, as I've just found this out myself, this season is only going to run for six episodes. But they've already renewed for a second season that'll run 13 episodes.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2010, 01:04:03 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline Myshkin

• Kopite
« Reply #123 on: November 9, 2010, 02:03:06 pm »
I've read a little about story lines that will come up in the future. The show reminds me a little bit of Jericho, but with better writing/directing/budget, better everything... AND ZOMBIES!

The only thing I don't like about it, and shows like it, is that there's a period of time where characters are still getting used to this fucked up situation. I know it's not the show's fault and this needs to happen for better character development and realism, but I can't wait for when everyone is used to it and the story can progress further.

Offline JoeTwerp

• Leader of the Maryland Vigilante Child Army. Mayor of Twerpville. Population 2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 9, 2010, 02:51:33 pm »
I've read a little about story lines that will come up in the future. The show reminds me a little bit of Jericho, but with better writing/directing/budget, better everything... AND ZOMBIES!

Jericho could have been a much better show, but the acting and writing were just too bad.  Should have cast Timothy Olyphant as the mayor's son, but J. J. Abrams on the case and put it on HBO.  Sounds like a great formula for any show really ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: November 9, 2010, 06:07:50 pm »
I loved the "don't get any on your skin or in your eyes", after they've all stood two feet away from a man chopping up a zombie with an axe, with guts and brain matter flying everywhere, all rubbing and covering their mouths with their hands. And then the latino dude puts on the mask that's covered in Zombie guts.

But I'm not sure how Rick was supposed to know to not get guts on you as he doesn't seem to have asked any real questions about what has happened or how this all started. He didn't even seem to want to know about the Refugee Centre even though that's why he was there in the first place.

Enough whining though.  ;D

Merle, what would you have done?

Just a heads up, as I've just found this out myself, this season is only going to run for six episodes. But they've already renewed for a second season that'll run 13 episodes.
That's just being pedantic, though :). The situation they were in was a bit drastic, so they had to act very quickly before the zombies broke down the glass. The line where Rick suggests not getting any in the eyes or on the skin was a nod to the comics where he said the exact same thing to Glen. As for the refugee camp, Rick already did ask after he got the gun shoved in his face, and the black girl answered in a sarcastic tone "Yeah, they've got cookies baking in the oven for us when we get back" or something along those lines.

Anyway, the series has already been renewed for another 13 episodes. It's breaking records already and is  currently the biggest series on TV with the biggest ratings for an opening pilot and following episode in the entire history of cable.

Here's a sneak peek at the next episode. For anyone wishing to keep the suspence, don't click the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzgfJgIHsFM

Spoiler
Was wondering what was going to happen to Merle on the roof after the fact T-Dog (terrible name for a character that) chained the door to the roof. I think the fact that there was a shot of him knocking over the tool box when running to give him the key was significant too. Maybe he cuts the chain with a hacksaw or even cuts his hand off to get free? Anyway, in the comic, Rick and Glen to back to Atlantis to get weapons and they did that by smearing guts all over them, but seeing that they already did that in the last episode, I was wondering how they were going to work the trip back there into the story. Seems like Merle is it, and going by that teaser and Rick's wife's reaction, he's going back for guns too.
[close]

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: November 9, 2010, 06:35:01 pm »
Haven't watched the second one yet but I thought everyone might enjoy this picture of Andrew Lincoln and his horse chilling out...

www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: November 9, 2010, 10:58:08 pm »
Well it seems there are going to be a lot of differences from the book, lots of original characters just in this episode which I think is a good thing, the show needs to be it's own thing. Just following the basic outline of the comic is a great starting off point for them. I really like how they've introduced a decent human villain straight away.

There was a rather distinct difference in the writing from the pilot, it felt completely different as was the tone and pace, it just felt a little...off to me. Very surprised that Darabont wrote this episode as well, some of the dialogue was borderline terrible, "I will tell my family about this man!", urgh. Although, "he's an organ donor" made me laugh.

Anyway, it was so fast paced and paranoid compared to last weeks but still really exciting, the last 20 minutes was real edge of the seat stuff. When they were walking through the group of zombies there was one with a twisted neck that seemed to be following Rick and it really creeped me out for some reason.
I'm sure it will settle down in the coming weeks and quite a lot of the cast will be thinned out soon, two episodes and we still haven't seen someone get eaten! Six episodes isn't a lot to get some decent character work in so I'm very pleased the next season will have 13 episodes.

I am in awe over how much gore they are willing to show, even my stomach was churning during the axing scene, fantastic.

Merle will defo be back to haunt them, you don't hire The Rook and jib him off after one episode
« Last Edit: November 9, 2010, 11:00:16 pm by Rusty Oysterburger »

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Myshkin

• Kopite
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2010, 05:21:36 pm »
Haven't watched the second one yet but I thought everyone might enjoy this picture of Andrew Lincoln and his horse chilling out...

Haha that horse is CHILL!

Offline Myshkin

• Kopite
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2010, 02:29:43 pm »

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2010, 02:56:56 pm »
He would be a superb zombie.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2010, 06:28:01 pm »
Really enjoying this so far, proper edge of the seat stuff.

Good characters so far, can't stand his wife or his betraying friend though, hope they get eaten.

Offline JoeTwerp

• Leader of the Maryland Vigilante Child Army. Mayor of Twerpville. Population 2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2010, 07:43:35 pm »

Good characters so far, can't stand his wife or his betraying friend though, hope they get eaten.

what characters do you think are good apart from the main guy?  And both his wife and his friend think he is dead.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2010, 07:45:15 pm »
Oh, this is not about Hodgson then is it?
:turns on his heels

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2010, 07:56:06 pm »
Oh, this is not about Hodgson then is it?
:turns on his heels

Heh.

I'm quite surprised how hard they are trying to make his wife a horrible, vile character. Abandoning her small child to wander off, unarmed, into a potentially zombie infested forest to get boned by her bit of rough...and that bit with the wedding ring!

In the books she was much more sympathetic.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2010, 08:01:16 pm »
Now seriously..
I've not read the comics, would you guys say its better to read them prior to watching the show or should I just skip them and start with the Tv series?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2010, 08:34:13 pm »
what characters do you think are good apart from the main guy?  And both his wife and his friend think he is dead.

I liked the father and son, hope they come back, and the Chinese guy. Nothing wrong with his wife and mate, just don't like them, they seem a bit selfish and she doesn't seem very grief stricken, it's only a few weeks after losing her husband and she's shacking up with his partner.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2010, 01:07:20 am »
Now seriously..
I've not read the comics, would you guys say its better to read them prior to watching the show or should I just skip them and start with the Tv series?

Read the comics. It'll give you a good idea where the show is heading and make you wonder how certain parts are going to translate over to the screen. The shows are taking different routes to the same scenarios and plotlines, though, so they are different but still faithful.

Offline Myshkin

• Kopite
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2010, 10:34:58 am »
I like the Daryl character.

Chokehold is illegal!

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2010, 07:08:09 pm »
This series has convinced me we need to start building walls around our cities again, in the old days if a zombie plague showed up they could just shut the city gates, sit behind the walls and pelt the rotting fuckers with stones and arrows until they were all out of action. These days there are very few defendable positions, everyone gets overrun very quickly, so we need walls around some cities, just in case, its only prudent.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline JoeTwerp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2010, 08:21:10 pm »
I liked the father and son, hope they come back, and the Chinese guy. Nothing wrong with his wife and mate, just don't like them, they seem a bit selfish and she doesn't seem very grief stricken, it's only a few weeks after losing her husband and she's shacking up with his partner.

I don't think they said exactly how he was in the coma for.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2010, 08:22:40 pm »
I don't think they said exactly how he was in the coma for.

I don't think so no, but i'd estimate that this show is set about 4-8 weeks after the outbreak.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2010, 02:22:11 am »
Nrrrrrrrrrrgh. Pretty disappointing. I think it's just that the magnificent pilot prepared me for a different type of TV show. Really dug the tone of it, the isolation, the hopelessness. There's been none of that for the two since. They've been completely lacking in any kind of atmosphere at all really.

And some of that dialogue... "four bullets...four guys...what are the chances?" Clunk!!!

Comic spoiler...
Spoiler
I've since read the comics, nearly all 70+ the past week and well, it's more of a, how folks deal in the aftermath of a zombie apolocalpyse than a straight up zombie apocolypse movie/story. Which is fine. But to my point above about atmosphere, it all feels a little too light for some of the terrible things we can expect to be happening down the road if they follow the comics even loosely.
[close]

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:25:02 am by Bob Loblaw »

Offline Myshkin

• Kopite
« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2010, 09:46:10 am »
Nrrrrrrrrrrgh. Pretty disappointing. I think it's just that the magnificent pilot prepared me for a different type of TV show. Really dug the tone of it, the isolation, the hopelessness. There's been none of that for the two since. They've been completely lacking in any kind of atmosphere at all really.

And some of that dialogue... "four bullets...four guys...what are the chances?" Clunk!!!

Comic spoiler...
Spoiler
I've since read the comics, nearly all 70+ the past week and well, it's more of a, how folks deal in the aftermath of a zombie apolocalpyse than a straight up zombie apocolypse movie/story. Which is fine. But to my point above about atmosphere, it all feels a little too light for some of the terrible things we can expect to be happening down the road if they follow the comics even loosely.
[close]

Maybe it's on purpose. They might be trying to juxtapose these few survivors clinging on to a form of society, with everybody else trying to eat their brains, only for their 'society' to degrade into something worse later in the series (Any bad things done by zombies, aren't the zombies fault, whereas any bad things done by the survivors, are done consciously). I have no idea where it's heading though as I haven't read the comic, I might do so after this show finishes, to see how they differ.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2010, 10:45:39 am »
I think it's going to get very grim in the next few eps, setting it up nicely for season 2. Hopefully they'll introduce The Governor...

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2010, 10:51:01 am »
Paul Ince in it?
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Online 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2010, 12:10:57 pm »
Another top episode. Best series in a while this.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2010, 12:54:23 am »
The thing I absoutely love about this seies is that it seems that each episode has a different tone and feel to it depending on the situation. There was less action in the latest due to the fact that a bit of character introduction and development within the camp was needed. The episode almost lulls the viewer into a false sense of security that the camp is a safe haven for the survivors until it becomes clear that the surivors could be potentially more dangerous and threatening than the zombies. However, the underlying threat of the walking dead amongst the group becomes apparent in another very well handled scene.

Spoiler
The part where the kids scream can be heard and the ominous music sets in as they rush to find a zombie feeding on a deer was excellent and very creepy, especially as the thing stood up and turned around, growled and then got beat to the ground and had it's head cut off, which then sprang back to life.

It also appears that I was right about Merle. The shot of the toolbox being knocked over from the previous episode was just far too obvious. He used the hacksaw to cut off his hand to escape
[close]

Only read this spoiler if you've read the comics:

Spoiler
It wouldn't surprise me if that's the last we see of Merle for a while, and that when the Governor is introduced, Merle is the one that cuts Ricks hand off.
[close]

Offline Delicious

• Main Stander
« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2010, 02:47:50 am »

Totally agree!

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2010, 12:55:50 pm »
Brilliant to see Norman Reedus as the brother! Building up nicely and on my downloads list every week now  :D

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2010, 06:05:04 pm »
Can anyone explain to me why Merle cut his hand off?
Why didn't he saw through either the handcuffs or the bolt the handcuffs were attached to?
Wierd

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2010, 06:26:46 pm »
Why didn't he saw through either the handcuffs or the bolt the handcuffs were attached to?
Wierd

Well you could pick any TV show or movie to bits really, if you wanted to. I agree with what you're saying though. For me, I'm confused as to why he didn't ever start kicking the shit out of the part he was actually handcuffed to. It wasn't the massive pipe, it was the bolt connecting the pipes, which was about an inch thick, if that. Why's he not kicking the fuck out of it to see if it breaks?
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2010, 07:15:05 pm »
Wierd
First thing I thought as well, then how did he not bleed to death, there was no obvious way to stop the bleeding, and how did he get down off the roof, as they didnt find a body and the door was still locked.

Altough I try to tell myself maybe I shouldnt ask such questions, given its a tv series with zombies in it, logic and reality dont always come into it :D See another thing I'd like to say is have they not heard of silencers, seeing as how the gunshots attract the walkers.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2010, 07:51:30 pm »
I imagine a crappy hacksaw blade couldn't cut through metal?

I was just reading tonights episode is really great and everything finally starts kicking off.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2010, 10:59:57 pm »
First thing I thought as well, then how did he not bleed to death, there was no obvious way to stop the bleeding, and how did he get down off the roof, as they didnt find a body and the door was still locked.

Altough I try to tell myself maybe I shouldnt ask such questions, given its a tv series with zombies in it, logic and reality dont always come into it :D See another thing I'd like to say is have they not heard of silencers, seeing as how the gunshots attract the walkers.
That's why you have to wait and see the next episode to see what actually took place.:)

I'd imagine that he attempted to get through the handcuffs, but couldn't, and as the  "Geeks" were almost half way through the door, he decided to cut his hand off or risk being eaten alive. Given that scenario, I'd probably do the same thing if it were me. He could also have escaped down the side of the building on one of the fire escapes?

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2010, 05:08:52 am »
His partners a c*nt.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2010, 10:50:38 am »
Fox series channel shows it every week on FTA.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2010, 09:22:56 pm »
Very good ep.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2010, 12:33:08 am »
What an episode that was. On par with the excellent pilot IMO. Can't wait for the next episode now after the last 5 minutes of that. Seems I was right about Merle too.

Offline JoeTwerp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2010, 04:11:56 am »
isn't it pretty hard to saw through bone?  Given that it was too dull to cut through the cuffs, I imagine it would take awhile to get through his whole wrist.