Author Topic: CL 1st leg: L’pool 0 v Bayern 0  (Read 42845 times)

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
Re: CL 1st leg: L’pool v Bayern
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:00 pm »
I am very positive and upbeat that we are going through now. Considering Bayern have no away goals I really fancy us to score 1 or 2 over there.

Very confident now and keeping that clean sheet especially with no VVD was an excellent effort and we go again and I fancy us to go through.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:00 pm »
It was a performance with little rhthym that's why its difficult when you're not playing on a regular basis. We play better when we have some momentum at least we will start playing more games now. The other important thing is we didn't concede which is important. I expect us to be better when we face them again and have played more games. None of the front three covered themselves in glory and what the hell Gini was doing when he got in a muddle with Salah only he can explain.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:08 pm »
Decent for 2nd leg but we need to improve fast.

Keita is a weird player his dribbling is good but shocking passing.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:11 pm »
0-0 is a better result for the home side in a first-leg in my opinion.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:13 pm »
Not over, we can get a result out there. I fancy a repeat of ‘81

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:22 pm »
Will be very tough to advance now, second half literally nothing of note happened.

A score draw takes us through so how is that ''very tough''?  ::)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:26 pm »
Not the worst performance, but Salah was awful tonight and Robbo was poor.

Bayern will be a totally different proposition at their gaff and we are going to need to produce something special to go through now.

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:26 pm »
Everton aside, I do not understand why Origi is favored overed any other footballer in our squad.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:29 pm »
That second half was just a whole lot of nothing really.

Pretty much the perfect European away performance from Bayern. They defended brilliantly for a team that are supposedly 'absolutely dog going backwards', as one poster put it in the half time thread. We were so, so wasteful though and just fizzled out in the second half.

Disappointing night all round really. Incredibly tough ask to go through now given our record away from home in Europe.

I thought that too.  They were superb and didn't give us a sniff.  We also helped by making the wrong decision every fucking time we got near their box.

Reality is usually the opposite of what a certain poster writes  ;)

We can win away, but it's going to be tough with our current form.

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:31 pm »
not a bad result. van dijk back for the second leg, fabinho back into midfield and there's no way we can be as wasteful or sloppy again as we were tonight.

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:32 pm »
With a makeshift centre back partnership restricting Bayern to no shots on target at all tells you an awful lot about how much our defence has improved this season.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:34 pm »
Subs were awful. Ruined our flow. We have a very strong first 11 but nothing in the way of back up strikers. Origi and Sturridge have both scored crucial goals for us this season but we desperately need an upgrade.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:48 pm »
Not a bad result at the end of the day, if we score in Munich then they are in all sorts of trouble.

Focus on United now.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:51 pm »
Salah was poor in general i think but every one has their off days. Following what was a good first half, fuck all happened in the second..
Not quite sure why the cube wasn't brought on though..??

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:53 pm »
Reports of Bayern's demise where hugely exaggerated. Brilliant defensive performance from them, if we play like we did, we usually would score one but Bayern where too savvy for us - constantly killing our press with calm passing and streetwise defending.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:53 pm »
1st half was good, 2nd was boring.

Mane had one of those games were he goes mad and misses everything.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2019, 09:56:54 pm »
Definite theme to how sloppy our passing is with our first game back from a longish break.

That was as bad as Leicester.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2019, 09:57:08 pm »
Frustrating,  not our best performance but far from a disaster. The way the competition goes these days you need an away goal, and they didn’t get one.

As long as we don’t get a repeat of the group stage away performances in Munich, which I don’t think we will, I fancy us to go through.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2019, 09:57:13 pm »
It’s the kind of result where you could make a case for us and a case for them.

We’ve been spoilt in Europe under Klopp. This was a tough test. We are still in the tie.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2019, 09:57:27 pm »
Robbo and Trent gave the ball away so much tonight they were both very average

Yeah, surely unlikely both will play so terribly in the same match again. Lots of players having off days - Salah and Mane played well up until the final ball/decision, which was awful for both, the defence looked really nervy, and even Gini's decision-making was really poor.

Let's hope we click for the second leg, as we looked off tonight. Shame, as they were there for the taking.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2019, 09:57:28 pm »
0-0 better than 1-1.

Just made poor decisons with the final ball around their box otherwise could have been better. They were very professional and seem happy with the 0-0. Hopefully they’ll regret that when we score next time.

We can definitely turn this situation into a positive away with just a little more composure.

All to play for. Now let’s go win on Sunday
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2019, 09:57:33 pm »
Normally you would be confident that we can score away from home but this seasons away performances in the CL leave some doubts.

The break yet again probably didn't help us. Some sloppy passing in the 2nd half. Both Trent and Robertson need to pick it up for Sunday.

We are still very much in it and a more open game will give us the chance to score there.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2019, 09:57:45 pm »
Right, just need to win in the return leg or get a scored draw.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2019, 09:57:47 pm »
Very edgy, nervous game from my viewpoint. Midfields cancelled each other out. But a clean sheet is very Important. Will have Virgil back for the return leg, so advantage us I reckon.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2019, 09:57:49 pm »
Not a fan of these 10 day breaks, we seem to be off the boil every bloody time we have them.  Bayern were superb tonight it must be said but, as mentioned by other posters, 0-0 isn't the worst result and will definitely keep them honest in the 2nd leg.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2019, 09:57:50 pm »
So Robertson can have a bad game.....who knew  :mooncat

Not the worst result, ive always said getting a 0-0 in the away game first puts huge pressure on you for the home leg. The crowd will be tense as fuck everytime we attack.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2019, 09:57:53 pm »
Our best player back for the return leg.
Tonight's MotM suspended for them.
They have no away goals.
They'll be forced to go forward more at home.
1-1 will take us through.

I'm not too disappointed to be honest, given the injury situation in defence. I was concerned we'd go there at 2-2 or 3-3.
Linudden.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #187 on: February 19, 2019, 09:57:58 pm »
Bayern hadn't kept a clean sheet for 6 matches before tonight and conceded 2 or more to Augsburg, Hertha and Leverkusen. We were incredibly sloppy, they were absolutely ripe for a seeing to and we never laid a glove on them.

this is way off .... they played completely differently tonight to how they normally play
where were there full backs all game??!
the 2nd half (and most of the match) was an exercise in killing the game from them

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:01 pm »
Not on our game, but great to see our slapped together center defense do really well. Just a touch away from a few goals.

As long as we up our away leg performance from the rest of this year, that's a great result for us. Klopp will have them ready!

Just repeating 81.  ;)

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:03 pm »
We will get them there.
Some of the doom here is ridiculous, as long as we don’t lose then we will go through.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:05 pm »
VVD back and Milner starting, and we'll be a different proposition.

Why would Milner be starting? Fabinho comes back to midfield, and Henderson and Keita both played well tonight

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:15 pm »
Salah was poor in general i think but every one has their off days. Following what was a good first half, fuck all happened in the second..
Not quite sure why the cube wasn't brought on though..??

Yeah disappointing from Salah - perhaps he is a player that needs a run of games - he was similarly poor against Leicester and West Ham..

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:15 pm »
The final ball and lack of match sharpness were both missing I reckon. We looked rusty in front of goal and didn't look like scoring in that second half. I don't really think these breaks have done us any good. Mane's miss in that first half should have been the difference between the sides but alas, it wasn't to be. All in all a good performance but unfortunate not to nick it. A 1-0 would have been deserved and I don't think we have anything to fear from this Bayern side. They'll probably play better in the second leg but I can see us finding another gear as well so it's anybody's tie.

The nearest we got was when Salah got the ball in a promising position but then Gini got in a muddle with him. I think that pretty much proves the lack of sharp thought in the players. Bayern are streetwise though played every trick in the book at slowing the game down. It would be risky to do that in the second leg for them.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:25 pm »
Scrappy as fuq. They may be on the wane but their experience is unquestionable. Make shift defence and didn't concede- is good. It felt like our final ball (the assist) was just off all night, struggling to get the ball under control for the shot, things just not quite dropping for us. Disappointed I didn't get to see Neuer get worked a little more.

Naby is as close as his control of the ball. Soon...

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:29 pm »
Decent result, was important to keep a clean sheet. Get the first goal in the next game and they're in trouble. We'll have the big man back too and they'll be without Kimmich.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #195 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:30 pm »
I quite enjoyed that. Decent game between two good sides, scrappy in the rain. Rafa always loved 0-0 at home.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #196 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:35 pm »
Very odd game we seemed to progressively get worse with our play as the game wore on, honestly thought after the first half we would kick on.

Attacking play not helped by TAA and Robbo putting in their worst displays of the season.

Not the end of the world they will be fearing conceding an away goal.

Offline redman64

• Anny Roader
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:36 pm »
The fact we ddnt concede leaves this game truly in the balance. They'll have to come at us over there. We'll be just playing our counter-attacking game i imagine

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:37 pm »
Reports of Bayern's demise where hugely exaggerated.

Indeed, I found it quite perplexing that some sections of RAWK and the media were expecting us to steamroller them in their zimmer frames.

Not a disaster by any means, a score draw at the Allianz is definitely doable.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:38 pm »
Everton aside, I do not understand why Origi is favored overed any other footballer in our squad.

He can run around a bit. Not sure you blame him much for tonight though, he barely got a touch.