Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)  (Read 24736 times)

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
« Reply #200 on: December 5, 2019, 07:02:31 pm »
Two hour long updates in as many days...  :boring Two lost opportunities to play for a bit

The updates and their sizes are taking the piss. I only have an original Xbox One and this is taking up far too much space, tempted to uninstall it now to be honest.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: December 5, 2019, 07:06:01 pm »
Ha.

The new LMG Holger can be turned into a G36C.

That was my favourite gun in MW3 with the Red Dot and Supressor, seen a few videos on Youtube how to turn it into the G36C.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #202 on: December 6, 2019, 10:38:42 am »
Ha.

The new LMG Holger can be turned into a G36C.

That was my favourite gun in MW3 with the Red Dot and Supressor, seen a few videos on Youtube how to turn it into the G36C.

Yup - I did it as soon as I had the necessary unlocks - G36C is my fav so as soon as I saw the LMG version was being added I been spamming using it.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2019, 02:29:33 pm »
hardcore free for all has appeared!!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 08:28:56 am by tray fenny »
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2019, 04:15:33 pm »
hardcore free for all has appeared!!!
It’s great! They removed night maps as well, wonder whose idea that was. I enjoy the inclusion of more maps into the hardcore playlist. Makes for some old school, slow paced games.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2019, 12:37:31 pm »
Played for the first time in a few weeks earlier.

Did they make the shotgun less powerful? It seemed to kill people in one wherever you shot them before, now you have to get it bang on. If so I guess it makes sense, can't have no hopers like me getting 10+ kill streaks.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #206 on: December 27, 2019, 01:01:33 pm »
Am on PS4 if anyone wants a few games online Scottishkopite name on PS4.

I have been playing on line not had it for a while so COD is fresh again to me. really enjoying it back online on the headsets with my mates not really done that for a couple years.

Has anyone done deathmatch in that small map in the docks. its mental map is tiny.

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #207 on: January 6, 2020, 12:05:43 pm »
I bought this after all the positive reviews of the campaign. It was only 40 quid on the Xbox marketplace. I have an Xbox one S.
I know there have been a load of issues with the game just from reading Reddit and other sources since its release but I've never encountered a game that its campaign runs so badly.

I constantly get in gameplay freezes for 3/4 seconds. Constant stuttering, in cut scenes and gameplay. It's an amazing campaign so far but just totally ruined by this buggy, laggy, freezing piece of shit mess I'm experiencing. This is a campaign that's installed on hdd and playing like I am running an online game through shit poor internet. The camera operating part was just unplayable for me. The bombing of the two choppers, again just nearly unplayable.

I know others experience this but I can't seem to find this happening on Xbox one/s elsewhere, just on PC. My system is decent with added external hdd and over 100mb fibre internet and this doesn't actually even happen with the online multiplayer. Are there any known fixes or patches I'm missing as I'm only about halfway through or less but can't deal with the constant fucking drag of lags and stutters and freezing.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2020, 12:11:11 pm by Flaccid Bobby Fowler »

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #208 on: January 7, 2020, 01:50:34 pm »
Been playing online quite a bit with friends we haven't had time or a game to get back online to play since 2015 so its been good to get back on the head set have some banter. Mrs isn't happy thought moaning am on it all the time 3hrs isn't all day  ;D

Just seen a couple new maps I have been impressed with it so far.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: January 8, 2020, 10:04:24 pm »
Is it just me or are people suddenly getting very good at this game? My mates and I have been able to hold or own until now. Some good games, some bad and the occasional total domination of other teams. This week we’ve been owned almost every single match.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 8, 2020, 10:48:12 pm »
Is it just me or are people suddenly getting very good at this game? My mates and I have been able to hold or own until now. Some good games, some bad and the occasional total domination of other teams. This week we’ve been owned almost every single match.
SBMM has been relaxed now, that happened on the last update in late December.

That's probably the reason you're not getting good games as much now, you won't be playing against people on your same level that SBMM put you in that gave you balanced matches, now you'll be put in games constantly with players with a mix of lobbies of poor to average to pub stompers.

This video explains what happened.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EcF4zGRJNX0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EcF4zGRJNX0</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 9, 2020, 09:52:00 am »
Thanks, RedSince86. We never pay much attention to the online discussions about MW. I’ve registered the criticism of SBMM but have never understood what SBMM means. Now I know..

Don’t know if I like this. We’ll probably bounce back and forth between good and bad lobbies then. We’re too experienced for the “bad» lobbies and too casual for the good ones.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2020, 10:01:34 am »
That map shipment in the yard is  :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt

Why cant they update this and make it a little bigger its just a complete mess.

Has anyone done the CO-OP ? is it any good me and my mate going to start it tonight.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2020, 11:09:56 am »
Scottish: I don't know if you are an old school gamer, but Shipment is from the old days of COD 4. It's supposed to be be a clusterf'ck. I don't enjoy it myself, but it is what it is.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2020, 11:25:10 am »
Scottish: I don't know if you are an old school gamer, but Shipment is from the old days of COD 4. It's supposed to be be a clusterf'ck. I don't enjoy it myself, but it is what it is.

Nah I haven't really been a COD player over the years. I have had the odd cod game and not really done the online side of things. So pretty new to online on cod so I wasn't aware it was from a older version. I do enjoy the majority of the maps

Are you on PS or Xbox yourself ?

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2020, 04:11:39 pm »
PS4! Didn’t play any form of shooters before COD4. Had a long hiatus after Black Ops 2 but really enjoy this one. It’s more about gameplay now and less about calling cards and dabs.

Only problem I have is what I described earlier in this thread. It seems like the match making system has changed and I get completely owned almost every game now.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2020, 04:40:49 pm »
PS4! Didn’t play any form of shooters before COD4. Had a long hiatus after Black Ops 2 but really enjoy this one. It’s more about gameplay now and less about calling cards and dabs.

Only problem I have is what I described earlier in this thread. It seems like the match making system has changed and I get completely owned almost every game now.

Yeah I am the same think am up to rank 44 and I feel like its beginning to be a lot harder now. I bugs me sometimes when playing with folk I don't know and its like a free for all folk going for the kills I prefer to play with a couple mates and we can have a rough plan on what we are able to do. I am on the PS4 also if your ever on give me a shout . what do you normally play ? Domination DM

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 11, 2020, 06:31:38 pm »
feck whats with the 68GB update? 4hrs 27mins to go [emoji19] looks like snooker night.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 11, 2020, 06:40:17 pm »
feck whats with the 68GB update? 4hrs 27mins to go [emoji19] looks like snooker night.

Season 2

No BR in sight though

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 11, 2020, 08:00:08 pm »
I haven't played this since I got to tier 8 on season 1. I bought Battle Pass as well.

I have seen on YouTube that the greatest SMG in CoD is history is back in the UMP 45, the only gun where you didn't lose any range with a suppressor equipped  and didn't need the stopping power perk. :D

Not sure the UMP returning is enough for me to play this game and slog through the tiers for some nostalgia gameplay, I'm still playing BO4 which is still active.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 12, 2020, 12:55:39 am »
Played this for about a week at release and haven’t touched it since, not sure why but just completely lost interest in it.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 12, 2020, 11:28:15 am »
Played this for about a week at release and haven’t touched it since, not sure why but just completely lost interest in it.

I get the urge to play now and again but I'm always met with another 15GB update followed by a lengthy shader install, so I haven't touched it in months.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 12, 2020, 11:53:38 am »
I updated it, and decided to have a go last night and get a error msg saying I'm missing multiplayer packs.

Googled wtf is going on, seems I have everything updated from patches and packs and I even updated the licenses and still can't play multiplayer.

Apparently this bug has been around from the prior update a few weeks ago and us affecting more than a few PS4's and Xbox's.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #223 on: February 12, 2020, 12:10:37 pm »
Looks like it's getting battle royale

Predictably

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2020, 09:12:45 pm »
Season 2

No BR in sight though

comin shortly apparently, called Warzone tho.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #225 on: February 18, 2020, 12:52:00 pm »
comin shortly apparently, called Warzone tho.

the tournaments are good 2v2 enjoying them .

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2020, 11:32:58 pm »
This better than Cod 4?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2020, 06:28:35 am »
This better than Cod 4?

Nothing is better than cod4 for me. With this Modern Warfare there is alot they did good though. Solid SP but nothing on the level of all ghillied up. MP is pretty ruthless, when I play it I find it difficult to just sit back and relax, I really have to concentrate the the maximum in order to have good games. Because of the short TTK and the loud footsteps it doesnt favour a run and gun approach which most people did on the old cods. So you have to rethink your approach. I just find there is little consistency, I could go 30-2 in one match and 4-25 the next, I've never experienced that kind of fluctuation.

I've not played it since season 2 came out but I will go back to it when the BR mode comes out.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #228 on: February 24, 2020, 01:41:37 pm »
As mentioned before, this is my first COD.

I really struggle with shooting people at middle distance. I can get really good streaks with a shotgun in close spaces and love using the sniper from a distance, but can’t get to grips with the way seemingly everyone else plays.

Take a gun like the M4 for example. Everyone seems so ridiculously quick at getting you in their sights and then shooting. If I watch killcams, it’s like one smooth movement from seeing you, to aiming and shooting. I basically always come off second best.

Any advice on how to get better at that style? To be honest staying indoors with the trusty shotgun is working wonders for my K/D ratio.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 24, 2020, 03:26:02 pm »
Try playing around with the aim assist and sensitivity. Off the top of my head you have the sensitivity for the ads then the normal sensitivity. Just play about with it and see if it makes any difference. Can't hurt and you can always revert to default
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 03:31:49 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 25, 2020, 08:29:48 pm »
Might have something to do with your ADS (Aim down sight speed). Some attachments, like holographic sights, make your ADS slower. Other attachments make it faster.

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #231 on: March 4, 2020, 10:53:29 am »
The one thing that drew me back in to the game, 3v3 Gunfight - Snipers only, has now disappeared again.

I will wait to see what a Battle Royale might bring but otherwise this games feels a little stale already.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #232 on: March 9, 2020, 07:06:59 pm »

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 10, 2020, 09:31:55 pm »
yeah so waiting in a Plunder lobby for 10 mins while we still look for 85 more players wasnt what I expected, ooh down to 82

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2020, 10:41:32 pm »
I think the battle royale is pretty good and even though the gulag is a good idea I'm not sure the respawn system works that well. You pretty much eliminate a team and then they are back to full strength after a minute, okay they'll respawn with a pistol but there's enough left over loot from dead people to survive fairly easily. The lobbies aren't filling properly and then people leave if they aren't thrown in to a game straight away, but I imagine that will sort its self out.

Still its a nice change compared to regular MP.

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 11, 2020, 10:40:01 pm »
i cant join any match now whether thats hardcore, core or warzone. Simply sit there for 10 minutes trying to find a match. Anyone else having trouble?

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #236 on: March 12, 2020, 11:29:38 am »
Had a shot of this last night was quite enjoyable my mate wasn't on so was in a team with another two random guys rather play with headset on with folk you know

good thing is when you die you go in a 1v1 if you win that you get back in the game.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 12, 2020, 01:51:19 pm »
Might have a do at this later today, i never played any Blackout or Apex legends so really have no experience with Battle Royale modes.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #238 on: March 15, 2020, 10:50:12 am »
Man, Warzone is tough.  Don't like the fact that if you win a gun fight with someone but they take your armour down, you can't loot armour from them.  The game punishes you for getting into fights.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: March 15, 2020, 04:12:54 pm »
Preferring plunder. Respawn when you die and it requires people to move to get cash rather than just hiding to survive