Author Topic: Fifa 20  (Read 13463 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fifa 20
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2019, 08:49:52 pm »
My girlfriend surprised me with this today (even though I wasn't planning on getting it this year due to FIFA fatigue) and what is the deal with the constant lag in UT Rivals?! Cost me a few points already.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2019, 09:57:07 pm »
Its shite isn't it. And every c*nt has 10 men behind the ball so when you do manage to get a shot off it just canons off their defender.

I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2019, 11:53:29 pm »
Had my first go at the weekend league this weekend and finished Elite 2. Pleased with that considering how little FIFA I play. I can't see me playing WL again any time soon, mind. So draining to play that many games in such a short space of time.

I feel like the gameplay is very inconsistent. Sometimes every pass and turn is so slow, and other times everything is 100mph. I have a theory that if the matchmaking can't find a suitable opponent, it'll match you against someone of a different standard and handicap one of you to make it even. Could be talking out my arse though.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2019, 12:13:56 am »
Mad the way you can’t tackle on this game.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2019, 04:02:11 am »
give it up lads. PES is a far, far superior game this time around (and was last too, IMo)
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2019, 06:37:13 pm »
Ultimate Team is fucking hard. I haven't really played Fifa in 5 years or so and when I used to play it loads it was really before FUT became big so been finding my feet with it.

I have a team of mostly 77-82 rated players now but no real superstars yet.

Yet when I play online on the rivals thing I get twatted mostly. I think I've won 2, drawn 2 and lost about 8 so far.

Just cant seem to get anywhere near most teams - they physically overpower me and their strikers seem to glide through my defence. I never feel confident I'm going to score many.

Is there any obvious tips I'm missing? Should I save up for ages on the coins and invest in one top level player or spend them on the gold packs?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2019, 08:08:24 pm »
I've found that the packs in general provide lesser players than I've already got, so I find it better looking on the transfer market. Instead of buying packs, I also rather complete challanges.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2019, 08:14:58 pm »
Never buy packs with coins. Personally I'd never buy them with real money either but some do.

You can get so many free packs just from playing the game. Squad battle rewards, Rivals rewards, season objectives, FUT Champions (if you qualify), and Squad Building Challenges.

Generally speaking the packs are pretty terrible unless you get lucky. I've done pretty much every SBC, objective and gotten rewards every week and my best packed item was untradable 87 Insigne who was worth about 70k at the time.

The market is so low right now that you should be able to buy a good starting 11 of 2nd tier players with 1 week of rewards even with crap in the packs.

For instance you can get Havertz and Werner, who were my starting front 2 for a while for around 20k for the pair now.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2019, 10:55:37 pm »
This game is fucking rancid. Never know so much lag in UT and meffy teams sitting back and hitting you on the break when you dominate the game and have about 15 shots to their 3 and get beat 3-2.

Horrible, horrible game.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2019, 05:41:36 am »
This game is fucking rancid. Never know so much lag in UT and meffy teams sitting back and hitting you on the break when you dominate the game and have about 15 shots to their 3 and get beat 3-2.

Horrible, horrible game.

I can go one better.

Played a team in rivals yesterday. The stats went like this

Him.                 Me
Shots.             4.                   16
On target.        0.                    8
Possession.      41%.              59%
Shot acc.         60%.              88%

Score.              1.                    0

:butt

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2019, 01:40:53 pm »
Most teams with Rashford/Martial or both are those dickheads who just kick it up to one of them and it's virtually impossible to put a tackle in.

The biggest gripe I have is the impossibility to score a free kick now. I've not scored one and not seen anyone online score one either. I genuinely think it's impossible.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2019, 02:00:05 pm »
The amount of dragbacks being used is infuriating. Some people using them every 5 seconds they have the ball. Tackling system remains not good enough when people can spam such readable moves and never lose the ball. And Ben Yedder can fuck off. I played a few on Saturday for the first time since the previous Saturday, but didn't last long. Some online opponents are just too boring to bother putting up with. Desperate for a balanced game where different tactics are viable and you can actually think your way through a football game, instead of just repeating unrealistic moves over and over.

Remains miles better than 19, but the missed potential is so frustrating.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2019, 02:45:26 pm »
It is an improvement on Fifa 20 but unfortunately scripting is ruining the game for me once again. Why should my players perform like Pele one second and turn into Diouf the next second? Why do all the games need to be a level playing field? There is no skill gap once again and even a player who has not touched the game before stands a chance of beating you. Or maybe I'm just shit ;D.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2019, 11:41:17 am »
It is an improvement on Fifa 20 but unfortunately scripting is ruining the game for me once again. Why should my players perform like Pele one second and turn into Diouf the next second? Why do all the games need to be a level playing field? There is no skill gap once again and even a player who has not touched the game before stands a chance of beating you. Or maybe I'm just shit ;D.

It's the assisted settings. I have to put my nephew in his place every now and then by making him play on semi assisted and he can barely get a shot on target or make a pass.   ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2019, 12:48:26 pm »
I still find it weird that people dont play FIFA on slow/manual settings. Manual improves that game tenfold, has done since FIFA 10.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2019, 01:21:57 pm »
I still find it weird that people dont play FIFA on slow/manual settings. Manual improves that game tenfold, has done since FIFA 10.

Manual has and always will be better.

Just a shame that if 90% of the player base uses assisted settings so you’re at a disadvantage before the game starts.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2019, 05:49:40 pm »
But can’t you choose to only match up with manual players? I used to do it, but haven’t played FIFA since 14 so perhaps you can’t in UT and such.

I remember playing this online manual league during FIFA 10 days, great crew, everybody into ‘playing well’, kinda killed gen-pop online play for me though.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2019, 05:52:24 pm »
Yeah, you can still play manual in regular online, no matchmaking for it in UT though. Although the few times I’ve searched for a game the past few years, I’ve not found any games. So don’t know how much it’s played these days.
AHA!

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2019, 05:57:55 pm »
That’s shite really.
They should have killed assisted altogether, but it’s EA, all they care about is milking the mammoth.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2019, 06:12:32 pm »
They're not going to kill something that 99% of players use :S
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2019, 08:48:52 pm »
Its the player switching that seems very strange in this game. Someone said to change the player switching to manual but that still doesnt seem quick enough. I quit most games i play cos of this
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: November 1, 2019, 11:15:08 am »
Its the player switching that seems very strange in this game. Someone said to change the player switching to manual but that still doesnt seem quick enough. I quit most games i play cos of this

It's hard to change player defensively quick enough sometimes I find. Don't understand why they made it like that - why would I want to switch to a defender nowhere near the ball instead of the one directly defending a yard away from the attacking player?

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 1, 2019, 06:34:50 pm »
It's hard to change player defensively quick enough sometimes I find. Don't understand why they made it like that - why would I want to switch to a defender nowhere near the ball instead of the one directly defending a yard away from the attacking player?
probably to allow for more goals. Its an arcade game since the game became FUT. Least it stops me from gaming
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 7, 2019, 11:06:55 pm »
This game is one big lag.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 7, 2019, 11:24:25 pm »
Career mode fixed yet?

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2019, 05:23:45 pm »
This game is one big lag.
It’s an absolute embarrassment. Never known a football game this severely bad for it since PES 2008.

It’s alright though, they’re putting out patches to fix important issues like shortening the time between a camera panning into view for a penalty.
AHA!

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2019, 02:11:11 pm »
anyone fancy a game on PS4 ? ScottishKopite name on ps4 if anyone wanting a few games .

Not into UT

just play season few games a night to kill time or relax. never seen the appeal for UT

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2019, 02:19:13 am »
Does anyone play ultimate team on Xbox and want to buy my coins really cheap? This game isn't good for me so I'm selling it tomorrow. Got about a million coin if I sell my players too, make me an offer.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2019, 12:40:02 pm »
Does anyone play ultimate team on Xbox and want to buy my coins really cheap? This game isn't good for me so I'm selling it tomorrow. Got about a million coin if I sell my players too, make me an offer.

I sold mine on Ebay for £8 per 100k. Worth looking into if you don't get any offers

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #109 on: December 8, 2019, 04:15:06 pm »
I sold mine on Ebay for £8 per 100k. Worth looking into if you don't get any offers

Ended up selling 1.5m for £100. Could probably have gotten a bit more but I just wanted rid of them. Combined with 33 for the actual game and I made a fair bit of profit from playing FIFA this year ;D thumb feels better too haha.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2019, 01:02:07 pm »
i miss the craic we used to have on clubs from here

this years fifa is a bit shit

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2019, 03:00:08 pm »
anyone fancy a game on PS4 ? ScottishKopite name on ps4 if anyone wanting a few games .

Not into UT

just play season few games a night to kill time or relax. never seen the appeal for UT

Ultimate team is more satisfying if you have a lot of time on your hands. You have to be really clever and tactical and build your squad up over time so it can even compete online let alone win any games.

I haven't got the time personally so go for online seasons with Liverpool mainly. Only get the odd night where I can play a few games so don't want to get twatted every time by someone who has Mbappe Neymar and Rashford up front.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2019, 11:02:49 pm »
The latest update has killed the game. Can barely get a tackle in and teams play 1 2’s so easily. So frustrating that the defenders just stand still.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #113 on: January 6, 2020, 07:30:28 pm »
Big Virg:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MLURoADdwUM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MLURoADdwUM</a>
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2020, 11:25:22 am »
Just brought this off the store cause it was going cheap. Haven’t played in 2-3 years and am getting absolutely smashed most games even if the score line doesn’t reflect it every game. The game has changed so much since I last played so taking me ages to figure out what works and doesn’t work. But it’s especially hard because I’ve started so late and everyone has dope teams on UT and I’m only just starting out. I has some crazy pack luck though and landed TOTW Immobile with my first free pack  8)

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2020, 12:13:36 pm »
Just drop your defending depth to one, like every other boring fucker that plays online.
AHA!

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2020, 03:19:10 am »
Just drop your defending depth to one, like every other boring fucker that plays online.

Yeah I could fuck around with custom tactics and tighten everything up but that’s way too boring for me I’ve never been a huge fan of custom tactics. The main difference between this version and previous versions for me is how slow and boring gameplay is. It’s like they are stuck in the mud compared to when I used to play it religiously from FIFA 10-17

Offline Andore

• Kemlynite
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2020, 02:00:05 pm »
Hi, I hope it's ok asking this here, but I've played enough fifa for this season and I'm thinking about cashing in my coins. My local currency is tanked because of the pandemic so some usd would be nice now:) I've never done this before but I probably have upwards of 2 million coins if I sell everything. I don't care that much about rate, I just want to do it quick and easy and not get ripped off - my fut team is on my wife's EA account so I really don't want that getting screwed up either! Just wondering is it risky to sell one time from your main EA account? No amount of money is worth the aggrevation to my life if the missus loses her sims 4 account :)

This is really just a noob question on seling in general, and I'm maybe asking in the wrong place. I'm really not trying to tout the coins on here, I'm just looking for some advice on a legit store to sell them to, atm considering using one called aoeah - is that one ok? It all seems like a bit of a shady market.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2020, 07:36:26 pm »

Hi, I hope it's ok asking this here, but I've played enough fifa for this season and I'm thinking about cashing in my coins. My local currency is tanked because of the pandemic so some usd would be nice now:) I've never done this before but I probably have upwards of 2 million coins if I sell everything. I don't care that much about rate, I just want to do it quick and easy and not get ripped off - my fut team is on my wife's EA account so I really don't want that getting screwed up either! Just wondering is it risky to sell one time from your main EA account? No amount of money is worth the aggrevation to my life if the missus loses her sims 4 account :)

This is really just a noob question on seling in general, and I'm maybe asking in the wrong place. I'm really not trying to tout the coins on here, I'm just looking for some advice on a legit store to sell them to, atm considering using one called aoeah - is that one ok? It all seems like a bit of a shady market.

I'm on a Discord for ultimate team where people share trading tips etc. Some guy on there recently mentioned getting a couple of hundred dollars from Aoeah for his coins. I had a look myself out of curiosity but it didn't seem to be available on PS4, and the form for ordering gave me some concerns. They want your username and password, as well as security codes for 2 step verification up front. I guess it's expected that they'd take the coins before you got any cash but it smelled a bit fishy to me asking for that info so early in the process.

I'd try to find some independent reviews before doing it.

Offline Andore

• Kemlynite
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2020, 09:38:56 pm »

I'm on a Discord for ultimate team where people share trading tips etc. Some guy on there recently mentioned getting a couple of hundred dollars from Aoeah for his coins. I had a look myself out of curiosity but it didn't seem to be available on PS4, and the form for ordering gave me some concerns. They want your username and password, as well as security codes for 2 step verification up front. I guess it's expected that they'd take the coins before you got any cash but it smelled a bit fishy to me asking for that info so early in the process.

I'd try to find some independent reviews before doing it.
Thanks mate, I'll do that. I was also a bit put off by having to hand over all those credentials first - even if I change them in advance I'm still handing over complete control of the ea account, not just for fifa. Anyway I'll check it out some more, I won't do anything before next week, I have a ton of players and consumables tol sell off and the fifa servers seem to have been down most of the day, again... If I do try selling off I'll let you know how it goes.