Author Topic: Fifa 20  (Read 13473 times)

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Fifa 20
« Reply #40 on: September 9, 2019, 04:37:19 pm »
Top 100 Ratings:

VVD                 90
Salah               90
Alisson             89
Mane               88
Firmino            86
Robertson        85
Fabinho           85
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: September 9, 2019, 10:12:05 pm »
Demo out tomorrow

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2019, 03:31:22 pm »
The demo is available now

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2019, 05:29:47 pm »
Plays better than the Beta.

I mean I dont want to get ahead of myself but it feels...well good.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2019, 09:02:36 pm »
Plays better than the Beta.

I mean I dont want to get ahead of myself but it feels...well good.

Same as every year, demo is boss then all the kids piss and moan during the first week of release and it gets patched to be more like the last version.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2019, 03:09:08 am »
For anyone buying the Champions edition (VVD cover)... It's £80 on the PS store, reduced to £72 if you sign up for 1 month of EA Access (which is £4, and gets you 10 hours early access to the full game on the 19th).

You can buy two £40 PS Network cards on shopto.net for £34.85 each, redeem the codes they will give you on the store which gives you the £80 in store. So the £70 you've spent then gets you EA Access (£4) + its 10% discount + 10 hour gametime on the 19th, the Champions edition (buy after activating EA Access to get it for £72) + 3 days early access from the 24th, and you'll have 4 quid left over on the store for FUT packs or to put towards another game or something.

Doesn't have to be the Champions edition because they've got different priced PSN cards at a discount on there, that's just the one I'm getting

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2019, 06:34:42 am »
Or just go onto www.thegamecollection.net and get it for £66

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2019, 06:48:42 am »
Origi at 78..... the disrespect  :no
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2019, 05:15:09 pm »
Same as every year, demo is boss then all the kids piss and moan during the first week of release and it gets patched to be more like the last version.

Words of experience there [emoji3]
Been like that since FIFA 12.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2019, 11:54:31 am »
Demo feels like an instant improvement on 19 based on 10-15 games, but I'm not completely sold. It's just way too easy to score, especially from distance. A quick google tells me around 3% of shots from outside of the box result in a goal in real life. It's probably over 50% on FIFA, I'd guess. So many stats exist now around expected goals based on your position, and I find it baffling how they don't even attempt to replicate this in-game with increased shot error.

I understand that it's a game and you need to fit 90 minutes into 12 minutes or so, but surely they could make it so you would broadly have realistic results (not 6-4 or 7-5 every game), and generally score from areas simulating real life.

That said, they don't even implement new rules to the game - you still can't pass to a defender in your box from a goal kick. Really poor effort in many respects, when there's so much potential there.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2019, 01:29:12 pm »
For anyone buying the Champions edition (VVD cover)... It's £80 on the PS store, reduced to £72 if you sign up for 1 month of EA Access (which is £4, and gets you 10 hours early access to the full game on the 19th).

You can buy two £40 PS Network cards on shopto.net for £34.85 each, redeem the codes they will give you on the store which gives you the £80 in store. So the £70 you've spent then gets you EA Access (£4) + its 10% discount + 10 hour gametime on the 19th, the Champions edition (buy after activating EA Access to get it for £72) + 3 days early access from the 24th, and you'll have 4 quid left over on the store for FUT packs or to put towards another game or something.

Doesn't have to be the Champions edition because they've got different priced PSN cards at a discount on there, that's just the one I'm getting

I did this but for the Ultimate Edition through Fifa 19. Same price except I bought 2x £35 cards off CD Keys for £60.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2019, 11:55:44 am »
Had 18 but skipped last years so thought I’d try the demo for 20 out. Plays okay but I’m surprised at the lack of face updates for some of our players; Bobby, Matip, Robbo and Virgil are the exact same models used as two years ago? I thought we had a deal with EA now?

Do we think these will get updated on the full release and maybe a few new crowd songs added!

Have considered getting PES this year but as I play on Xbox you can’t use option files right?
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2019, 12:20:58 pm »
Had 18 but skipped last years so thought I’d try the demo for 20 out. Plays okay but I’m surprised at the lack of face updates for some of our players; Bobby, Matip, Robbo and Virgil are the exact same models used as two years ago? I thought we had a deal with EA now?

Do we think these will get updated on the full release and maybe a few new crowd songs added!

Have considered getting PES this year but as I play on Xbox you can’t use option files right?

Dont think you can use Option files no.

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2019, 02:25:52 pm »
Looks as though Career Mode is completely broken with no promises it will be fixed anytime soon. This is the only mode I play along with quite a few. EA getting tons of abuse, but they won’t listen as ever.

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2019, 06:31:14 pm »
This game is SO BAD. Downloaded on EA Access, liked the nice menus, cinematic player negotiations etc...but my god, the game itself plays like shite. Deleted. Back to PES 20. It may not have official licenses, but a quick option file solves that...and what’s not to like about bizarrely having El Diego managing LFC?!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2019, 06:32:55 pm »
The shooting is absolutely shit. Get it sorted out, EA before I smash my Playstation up.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2019, 07:02:21 pm »
This game is SO BAD. Downloaded on EA Access, liked the nice menus, cinematic player negotiations etc...but my god, the game itself plays like shite. Deleted. Back to PES 20. It may not have official licenses, but a quick option file solves that...and what’s not to like about bizarrely having El Diego managing LFC?!

I wonder if that’s cause you’re used to PES? A lot of people are liking it at the minute.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2019, 07:46:15 pm »
Everything just seems random, shooting, passing, heading, the actual fucking bounce of the ball.

Worst of all though, jointly, are the standing tackle, absolutely useless. And the defensive AI, that just totally switches off, particularly when crosses come in. The game’s basically forcing you to select players nowhere near the ball, to read where a ball’s going. Sounds good in theory, but you can’t do both that and tackle with a man near the ball (as useful as that even is), meaning you have to jib one or the other off. It angers me how little attention they give defending on these games.

Don’t even get me started on UT and the shameful “battle pass”, doing away with what I thought was a decent system last year of daily/weekly objectives, for an absolute grindfest.
AHA!

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2019, 05:10:10 am »
I wonder if that’s cause you’re used to PES? A lot of people are liking it at the minute.

It just feels like a step backward.  The graphics are awful and the game is totally random.  I truly don't understand how anyone could prefer it to PES.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2019, 10:10:50 am »
It just feels like a step backward.  The graphics are awful and the game is totally random.  I truly don't understand how anyone could prefer it to PES.

I think it’s a massive improvement aside from the tackling when the ball always bounces around instead of being a clean tackle to take possession.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2019, 10:36:26 am »
I think it's great, the best football game in a very long time. Only thing that doesn't feel right is heading, but the rest is good.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2019, 11:21:01 am »
What's wrong with the career mode? Was going to pick this up after work today but if it's fucked then I won't bother.

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2019, 01:26:02 pm »
What's wrong with the career mode? Was going to pick this up after work today but if it's fucked then I won't bother.

What isn’t wrong with it!

Check this thread out on Reddit with a list of all bugs (not just career mode)

https://www.reddit.com/r/FifaCareers/comments/d9o4pf/an_update_on_list_of_bugs_and_the_state_of_cm/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Offline Mackka

• Main Stander
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2019, 04:41:47 pm »
Alright lads, we have a few people on tonight for a little Pro Clubs session (PS4), if anyone is interested give me a PM.

Or Add me on PS4: Mackkaa
"You're our main striker" - Oddball2514. 50,000 times.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2019, 09:13:54 am »
I gave in and ordered a copy from CEX last night, could take up to 14 days for delivery :lmao
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2019, 08:45:57 pm »
Had a few games of this in my mates on the Xbox version last night. Any reason why the keepers are unreal and you only score from rebounds? Still on the fence about getting it.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2019, 10:46:07 pm »
I'm fucking atrocious at this. Bossing Fifa 17, which is the previous version for me. Every other player I meet in FUT score on basically every shot, while I either blast them wide or have the worst of touches in the box.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2019, 08:01:37 pm »
What the fuck is this game - defending none existent purely to please little 12 year olds who want to score and do shitty celebrations.

First 5 games online
6-5 W
4-4 D
5-4 L
4-4 D
6-5 W

He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2019, 08:48:25 pm »
What the fuck is this game - defending none existent purely to please little 12 year olds who want to score and do shitty celebrations.

First 5 games online
6-5 W
4-4 D
5-4 L
4-4 D
6-5 W

To be fair, it's the other way around. A lot of people were complaining that even poor players could just let the AI do all the defending for them with no downsides. So they've decreased the quality of AI defending.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #69 on: October 1, 2019, 07:30:54 pm »
I remember when being a good defender meant out-thinking and reading your opponent and intercepting passes, or being rewarded for clever, aggressive pressing. Pressing and making interceptions is no longer rewarding with user input, and is most effective from the AI. Being a good defender now just means controlling the player next to the ball and standing between the ball and the goal. Just think it's a bit shit that the game requires so little thought, and I think the shouts of AI defending being nerfed are far off the mark. Maybe they have been nerfed, but not enough. It's still incredibly easy to defend passively, and incredibly difficult to defend aggressively. Being better than FIFA 19 is no great achievement, but I feel that is the main reason for the overly positive reviews so far.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2019, 07:35:54 pm by Kuytinho »

Online trav2591

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #70 on: October 2, 2019, 09:30:35 am »
I remember when being a good defender meant out-thinking and reading your opponent and intercepting passes, or being rewarded for clever, aggressive pressing. Pressing and making interceptions is no longer rewarding with user input, and is most effective from the AI. Being a good defender now just means controlling the player next to the ball and standing between the ball and the goal. Just think it's a bit shit that the game requires so little thought, and I think the shouts of AI defending being nerfed are far off the mark. Maybe they have been nerfed, but not enough. It's still incredibly easy to defend passively, and incredibly difficult to defend aggressively. Being better than FIFA 19 is no great achievement, but I feel that is the main reason for the overly positive reviews so far.

Hard not to agree with this. Its near impossible to be defensively aggressive on this Fifa. Im enjoying it because as you say Fifa 19 was a complete cluster fuck, however it feels like you get punished from attempting a standing tackle at the moment or rushing a cb forward to try and intercept a pass.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 3, 2019, 07:59:40 pm »
Is this better than fifa 18? Have they fixed career mode yet? Pretty much the only mode I’m interested in as I can’t be arsed with online play.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 3, 2019, 10:05:26 pm »
I haven't played fifa since probably 2016.

Got it today and absolutely no idea how to defend? My defenders seem rooted to the spot no matter what I press. I cant get anyone out to the attacking player with the ball they literally stay stuck to the ground and when I press square they don't make a sliding tackle? Am I doing something wrong? (PS4)
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #73 on: October 3, 2019, 10:51:22 pm »
Four seasons games, won them all so far, all four quit. Wankers. It's not changed

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 4, 2019, 08:15:44 am »
Four seasons games, won them all so far, all four quit. Wankers. It's not changed

Isn't it recorded as a 3-0 loss if they quit?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #75 on: October 4, 2019, 11:41:03 am »
Yep, I meant rage quitting twats haven't changed.

I then went and lost 5 on the bounce straight after. It would seem pace and counter is the way to go so far.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 5, 2019, 02:31:08 pm »
I was suddenly disconnected from the internet yesterday (while winning my match). Upon login today I'm told since I quit mid-match I will get less coin for future matches. Fuck off.

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #77 on: October 6, 2019, 01:52:36 am »
A football game is truly fucked when the best way to defend in your own box is to not press any buttons at all.
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #78 on: October 7, 2019, 07:42:50 am »
Just packed TOTW Havertz, wondering whether to sell him for 150k and build a solid base team or to build my team around him.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2019, 05:18:24 pm »
The amount of delay online on this is fucking ridiculous, either my players don’t do whatever I tell them to, or they do it a second or so after I’ve pressed it. And the players run like they’re in sinking sand.

Worth noting too, I only get this in UT Rivals or Champs. Don’t get it in friendlies or regular old online Seasons.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 05:20:33 pm by gerrardisgod »
AHA!