Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 373648 times)

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
Re: GTA V
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2011, 08:36:57 pm »
I thought about the Everglades too but that was the only setting I could think of that they could add. NYC has the 5 boroughs and Jersey. Miami has well, Miami. I'm sure they'll do it justice but it seems like it would be limited compared to Liberty/NYC and San Andreas/LA. Maybe a Rockstar style take on Disney World?
DUAL WIELDABLE ALLIGATORS.

That launch rocket powered, smaller alligators, from their mouths.

That is all.

Coming to think of it, I really should get into modding. I mean, I jest, but actually you can do anything in games, yet you so rarely actually get to do stupid, ridiculous but fun stuff like that.

It's something I loved about the grappling hook in Just Cause 2. Utterly preposterous of course, but who gives a shit? It was FUN.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2011, 08:44:07 pm »
I thought about the Everglades too but that was the only setting I could think of that they could add. NYC has the 5 boroughs and Jersey. Miami has well, Miami. I'm sure they'll do it justice but it seems like it would be limited compared to Liberty/NYC and San Andreas/LA. Maybe a Rockstar style take on Disney World?

The New York setting was actually a bit shit to be honest. It all looked pretty much the same. In Miami you have beaches, everglades, swamps, the built up downtown area, the poorer slums, all that spread across lots of islands would be fantastic. I've no doubt the world will be quite a bit bigger in this one as well. GTA IV was really small for an open world. Something like 6 or 8 sq miles. Rockstar have already said they only scratched the surface with GTA IV. I'd love to see it back in Miami with the Latin culture, the salsa music, the marinas with all those boats and yachts, the colourful buildings. There could even be a huge retirement community full of old dudes in tan slacks and golf sweaters, moaning about the heat.

I'm sure they will go back to Vice someday, even if it's not this time. It'll be awesome when they do.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2011, 08:45:17 pm »
DUAL WIELDABLE ALLIGATORS.

That launch rocket powered, smaller alligators, from their mouths.

That is all.

Coming to think of it, I really should get into modding. I mean, I jest, but actually you can do anything in games, yet you so rarely actually get to do stupid, ridiculous but fun stuff like that.

It's something I loved about the grappling hook in Just Cause 2. Utterly preposterous of course, but who gives a shit? It was FUN.

I don't think I've ever played a game that couldn't be made better with the inclusion of that grappling hook. It was a mountain of genius.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2011, 08:48:29 pm »
That said, there is something about the feel of GTA4 that is absolutely and utterly stupendously awesome. Massively undermined by Brucie who makes me want to torture all the people involved in his creation to death.

The mobile phone, social bollocks can fuck right off too. By all means have it as an option, but then leave it as an option. Don't actually make importantish things dependent on it - GTA: SA had that side of it spot-on as well.I they include the Everglades they have to have two things:

I never realised what a mad guy you are until I read some of your post concerning computer-games... ;)
However, you have that spot on with GTA IV and GTA:SA. And Brucie. I hated him. Except in the Ballad of Gay Tony, where he does the right thing... *g*

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2011, 08:51:44 pm »
I heard a rumor that GTA V is actually Red Dead Redemption 2. You play as Jack Marston and you steal "horseless carriages." Problem is, only 4 people in town are rich enough to own them.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2011, 08:52:35 pm »
:lmao Good one

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2011, 09:01:28 pm »
I heard a rumour that GTA V is actually Red Dead Redemption 2. You play as Jack Marston and you steal "horseless carriages." Problem is, only 4 people in town are rich enough to own them.
hahahahaha.

Fortunately, all the old people in the game can be stolen and ridden upon.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2011, 09:03:25 pm »
I never realised what a mad guy you are until I read some of your post concerning computer-games... ;)
However, you have that spot on with GTA IV and GTA:SA. And Brucie. I hated him. Except in the Ballad of Gay Tony, where he does the right thing... *g*
:)

I haven't played that yet, but you've gone and got me curious. He's so clearly a repressed gay.  The fucking utter cockwomble.

One thing I do hope they bring back is the TV and radio chatter. The satire in GTA 4 is spot on, I love that 'republicans in space' one, or whatever it's called.
I don't think I've ever played a game that couldn't be made better with the inclusion of that grappling hook. It was a mountain of genius.
I should put this on the PC thread but there used to be so much more stuff like this in gaming. I seem to remember a game called 'turrican' for example, having a grappling hook. Or 'robocod' with his extendability. Then there was games like Syndicate. Why the hell are they remaking that as an FPS? I mean, just FUCK OFF with ruining things that are beautiful. There are approximately 450 BILLION sci-fi FPS games. Yet approximately zero games where you get to control a party of cyborg warriors, armed to the teeth, and use them to a great extent on the civilian population. I miss that game something rotten.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:07:18 pm by hesbighesred »

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2011, 09:16:02 pm »
Being drunk in GTA4 was funny. The first time I made him walk in a circle until he got his legs in a tangle and fell flat on his case I almost pissed myself laughing.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2011, 09:18:40 pm »
Yeah, you're right, the first time was funny.
After that it was shit

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2011, 09:37:57 pm »
Yeah, you're right, the first time was funny.
After that it was shit
Yep. Especially when you try, but can't, call a fucking taxi, instead falling over in front of it and getting run over. Plus how exactly did the police psychicly know you were pissed behind the wheel, when they don't give a fuck about you running a light, mounting the pavement in front of them at 80mph while twatting a lamp-post over?

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2011, 10:16:37 pm »
I don't remember doing it more than once to be honest.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #212 on: October 27, 2011, 11:03:29 pm »
That's just one of those little things they add to the game. Hope they add a few more in V. Graphics wise it'll be very similar because they've only just developed it and used the new engine for GTAIV. The jump from SA to IV was a big one so they'll probably use most of the same stuff but change things based on location and missions/players etc. Adding a few new features as they go along and polishing other things up.

Offline Megasuperb

• really would look good without that pattern
  • Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2011, 11:50:15 pm »
The graphics will probably only be slightly updated from the likes of what we saw from RDR. Nothing groundbreaking as we're still in the Xbox 360 / PS3 era.

5 more days  :wave
Quote from: Mohammad Shahrul
We are going to bully them today. We are a big club. We are Liverpool
for God sake and we are marching to Wembley. The shit club like
Villa is just a sex slave for The Mighty Reds' lust.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2011, 01:17:21 am »
In the mean time

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K97u5usT9WY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K97u5usT9WY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Ku_6Dl5mJE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7Ku_6Dl5mJE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>
:D

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2011, 02:41:18 pm »
The scope of San Andreas was immense. The way everything you would change as you go to a different zone. Can't wait to see that with improved graphics.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2011, 03:08:51 pm »
I'm personally hoping for Vegas in some form, and if it's part of the whole of SA then that would be great.

I just think with the current gen consoles you could make an amazing Vegas clone with big interiors as well as exteriors and loads of side games to gamble away your money and buy apartments in them.

Of the last gen Vice City was my favourite as it just captured the vibe brilliantly and had the best lead. I enjoyed SA but it was almost too overblown and big and lost a little focus. I also enjoyed 4 but wouldn't mind a bit more of a return to a combination of the fun and seriousness!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2011, 03:10:10 pm »
Vegas would be boss. Trek out into the desert.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2011, 03:38:52 pm »
The scope of San Andreas was immense. The way everything you would change as you go to a different zone. Can't wait to see that with improved graphics.

Honestly, if they just released San Andreas but with better graphics I'd buy it tomorrow.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2011, 04:01:06 pm »

Exactly mate it would be unbelieveable. I must of spent entire weeks on S.A when I was younger, as some have already said you get to know the place like it's your real neighbourhood. I'd love a return there.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #220 on: October 28, 2011, 04:41:28 pm »
Honestly, if they just released San Andreas but with better graphics I'd buy it tomorrow.

Yep, with a few slightly different missions and the ability to get behind cover (don't think that was in SA) and I'd be pretty chuffed.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #221 on: October 28, 2011, 08:10:34 pm »
Where ever it is they have to bring back planes. A jet fighter for the fun of it like SA and normal planes too. Maybe even getting the chance to fly a jumbo jet.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 28, 2011, 09:02:39 pm »
Yep, with a few slightly different missions and the ability to get behind cover (don't think that was in SA) and I'd be pretty chuffed.
I hate the cover system in 4. Cover systems are bollocks, IMO. What's wrong with just crouching behind something and peeking out? There's your cover system right there - and it doesn't need an extra button to go into 'cover mode'.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #223 on: October 28, 2011, 09:03:29 pm »
I hate the cover system in 4. Cover systems are bollocks, IMO. What's wrong with just crouching behind something and peeking out? There's your cover system right there - and it doesn't need an extra button to go into 'cover mode'.

Agreed with first person shooters. Not third-person though

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: October 28, 2011, 10:24:07 pm »
Where ever it is they have to bring back planes. A jet fighter for the fun of it like SA and normal planes too. Maybe even getting the chance to fly a jumbo jet.

Definitely, used to spend hours with the fighter jet. Fly over that military base and get them to scramble some other jets, DOGFIGHT!

Then go for a burger or five, shoot the staff. Blow up a car with a rocket launcher, get back in your fighter jet and cruise about like a boss.

Fuck I love that game, its almost worth buying a ps2 just to play it.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #225 on: October 30, 2011, 08:31:10 pm »
Hope its San Andreas redone like, cant wait til tuesday for the trailer though! Hope they make it fun again.

Saints Row is fun, but its nowhere near as good as GTA, the characters are shite, Johnny Gat does my tits in, tries far too hard to be "street"
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #226 on: October 30, 2011, 08:38:02 pm »
Hope its San Andreas redone like, cant wait til tuesday for the trailer though! Hope they make it fun again.

Saints Row is fun, but its nowhere near as good as GTA, the characters are shite, Johnny Gat does my tits in, tries far too hard to be "street"

You're fucked seen as it's not out until Wednesday.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline Megasuperb

• Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #227 on: October 30, 2011, 08:55:18 pm »
You're fucked seen as it's not out until Wednesday.

Probably 12 AM Wednesday so it will feel like Tuesday anyway?  :P

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #228 on: October 30, 2011, 09:13:42 pm »
Won't be out till midnight Wednesday to grind on everyones gears haha.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: October 30, 2011, 10:00:50 pm »
Probably 12 AM Wednesday so it will feel like Tuesday anyway?  :P

It's 6pm GMT on Wednesday so I'm not sure where it'll be midnight Tuesday, I doubt many of us are there if it is.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #230 on: October 30, 2011, 10:03:37 pm »
It's 6pm GMT on Wednesday so I'm not sure where it'll be midnight Tuesday, I doubt many of us are there if it is.

Midnight in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and  Sri Lanka.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #231 on: October 30, 2011, 10:04:33 pm »
Countdown is counting down to 4pm on Wed?
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #232 on: October 30, 2011, 10:05:48 pm »
Countdown is counting down to 4pm on Wed?

That would make it Brunei Darussalam, China (includes Hong Kong), Indonesia (Bali, Nusa Tenggara, South & East Kalimantan, Sulawesi only), Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines,  Singapore, Taiwan and Western Australia.

Offline Megasuperb

• Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #233 on: October 30, 2011, 10:07:18 pm »

Ah yeah, you're right. Had to check the countdown timer again  :wave

Think this will be the first GTA game where I don't read up every single preview and bits of info on it before it's released, I enjoy games more that way. Absolutely fell in love with Fallout 3 and knew fuck all about it before I popped in the disc. SW:TOR will occupy me plenty anyway. Still so excited for Wednesday.  ;D

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 30, 2011, 10:42:20 pm »
Midnight in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and  Sri Lanka.

It'd be midnight Thursday in those areas.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: October 30, 2011, 11:08:26 pm »
That would make it Brunei Darussalam, China (includes Hong Kong), Indonesia (Bali, Nusa Tenggara, South & East Kalimantan, Sulawesi only), Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines,  Singapore, Taiwan and Western Australia.

Not midnight between Tuesday and Wednesday. Try harder :P

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #236 on: October 30, 2011, 11:09:43 pm »
I remember the GTA IV reveal trailer, and the Rockstar website was down for hours when it was due to come out. Think I finally saw it the day after.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #237 on: October 31, 2011, 02:12:47 am »
 It's so wrong that I'm excited about a trailer for a video game. Jesus...
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Our No.9 never dives

• Anny Roader
  • Legend
« Reply #238 on: October 31, 2011, 04:53:42 pm »
Trailer in 8 minutes.

Lotion- check.
Tissue paper - check.

BRING IT ONNNNNN!!!!!

Edit:-
Dammit....
It was 1 day and 8 minutes
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:01:32 pm by Our No.9 never dives »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: October 31, 2011, 04:58:30 pm »
Server crash in 7 minutes..