Author Topic: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]  (Read 596098 times)

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #4040 on: May 27, 2021, 12:07:29 pm »
I have a few places booked in

Delifonseca this weekend - Not been since they did up the new bit so looking forward to that

Lu Ban In june - Wanted to give it a go for a while so very excited.

Lerpwl - Loved it when we went originally so taking some friends, hopefully be able to have a few drinks with it before hand.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4041 on: May 27, 2021, 12:13:22 pm »
Lerpwl - Loved it when we went originally so taking some friends, hopefully be able to have a few drinks with it before hand.

Still not tried here yet, must get it booked in.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4042 on: June 1, 2021, 11:24:11 am »
Just back from a breakfast at Watering Can near Sefton Park/Greenbank Park. Quality again- best breakfast I've had in Liverpool.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4043 on: June 1, 2021, 12:20:16 pm »
Was at Free State Kitchen yesterday. 1st time out since covid

Lovely as always. Outside in the garden with wings (by far the best wings I've ever had) burger and couple of beers. £25 each (including tip).

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #4044 on: June 6, 2021, 11:21:12 pm »
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4045 on: June 7, 2021, 10:26:40 am »
Mowglii for the first time in ages tonight and really looking forward to it.

I’ll not wear my adult baby costume tonight though.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4047 on: June 7, 2021, 11:22:43 am »
I did wonder where Al had got to
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4048 on: June 10, 2021, 03:30:01 pm »
Mowglii for the first time in ages tonight and really looking forward to it.

I’ll not wear my adult baby costume tonight though.

How was it?

I'm off to Belzan tonight on Smithdown road.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4049 on: June 10, 2021, 03:50:19 pm »
How was it?

Didn't think it was as good as it has been in the past, but still really nice like.

I've never thought it was somewhere to properly rave about personally. My gf loves it, and know plenty of others do too, but I think you get better (similar) elsewhere.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #4050 on: June 11, 2021, 09:38:04 am »
Didn't think it was as good as it has been in the past, but still really nice like.

Portions have been noticeably smaller the last two or three times we've been, they've not been quite as good as they used to be for a couple of years now imo.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4051 on: June 11, 2021, 09:43:31 am »
Portions have been noticeably smaller the last two or three times we've been, they've not been quite as good as they used to be for a couple of years now imo.

Yeah, totally agree.

Guess that’s the price of expanding to as many sites as they have now. They prob take the eye off quality and start mass producing certain things.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4052 on: June 11, 2021, 10:17:30 am »
How was it?

I'm off to Belzan tonight on Smithdown road.

Belzan is great

Really good food in a fine dining style, and the service know their stuff. We got 3 courses, and 2 drinks each and it came to about £85 which I consider a very good price.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4053 on: June 11, 2021, 10:49:56 am »
Lerpwl bookings are open for anyone wanting to go  :wave

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4054 on: June 11, 2021, 01:54:55 pm »
Anyone been to the new Met Quarter food hall yet? A few independents I’d like to try.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/liverpools-biggest-food-hall-gpo-20780395

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #4055 on: June 12, 2021, 01:55:07 am »
Yeah, totally agree.

Guess that’s the price of expanding to as many sites as they have now. They prob take the eye off quality and start mass producing certain things.

I’d second that. Went to the one in Cardiff last week, and although very good, it’s just starting to get the feeling of a chain.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #4056 on: June 12, 2021, 10:14:03 am »
The Turkish Anar on Aigburth Road didn’t make it through the pandemic which is sad as I always found it excellent but as of next week it is another Greek restaurant for Christakis, which I am also very fond of.

Never went in there, but that place seems to change hands every couple of years doesn't it...?  Suspect it's a location thing (that leads to places not sticking) - it's right in the 'suburbs' so clearly a lot of people around, but it's not located in a place where there's a 'going out culture'.  I lived down the road where the ATS is for a couple of years 2015-17 - enjoyed being on the train line for town and South Parkway, but otherwise felt a bit like I was in 'the middle of nowhere'.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4057 on: June 12, 2021, 10:30:40 am »
Cargo - on the front by where the new cruise liner terminal is going.

Some of the nicest food we’ve had in Liverpool. I’d been a few times for lunch (outside) this year since things opened as it’s close enough to walk the dog and one of the owners loves him! When we do that we’ll tend to get a mix of starters and they’ll make us up a big boxed board with loads of extras on. We’d been meaning to go for dinner since it opened and finally got round to it last night.

If you like seafood (although we got speaking to a butcher who was there last night and he said their mixed combo platter for two (meat) was amazing) then we’ve not had better anywhere. Everything is super fresh, and cooked to perfection. Service is impeccable and has been every time we’ve been (even just for drinks) too plus there is a great view of the river.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4058 on: June 12, 2021, 04:50:52 pm »
We ventured up North today to Aintree Shopping Park so we went for lunch in the Turkish/Med cuisine restaurant, Duman. Very tasty and large portions for the money. We all loved it. The Adana Kofte, LUSH.  :P

https://dumanrestaurant.co.uk/

« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 04:52:28 pm by Livbes »

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4059 on: June 13, 2021, 08:38:23 pm »

I went last week and thought it was great but one of the dishes was lukewarm and the butter chicken wasn't very nice - I think they brought the wrong dish personally, it was watery and tested like ginger to me.

I do agree that the quality isn't quite as good as it was a few years back but still remains one of my favourite places to go.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4060 on: June 14, 2021, 12:47:48 am »
Had a couple of outstanding breakfasts at Churasco lately - best I’ve had in the city for a long while.

Eating outside in their nice little seating area was a joyous thing.

And finally got back to main restaurant at Moor Hall at the weekend. Original booking was made well over 12 months ago for a landmark anniversary, and bleeding thing was cancelled four or five times due to various lockdown rules.

Was well worth the wait - a fantastic evening of gobsmacking food and great wines. It was actually the best visit yet. Speaks volumes of the place that they can actually up their game after being shut for over six months.

8 course menu was actually about 15 plates of great tasting, beautifully presented dishes. The accompanying wines were fantastic, and I reckon it’s probably the most casual 2 star restaurant in the country.

It’s a brilliant place. Saving up to go back again.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4061 on: June 14, 2021, 11:15:54 pm »
Anyone been to the new Met Quarter food hall yet? A few independents I’d like to try.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/liverpools-biggest-food-hall-gpo-20780395

Visited for my lunch today, just ordered from Konjo. Pork bao bun, and crispy shredded beef. Nice enough venue and the food was good quality, though £4.50 for one bao bun was a bit excessive.

Biggest complaint was having to order everything through a website you had to register for. Then you have to order from each unit individually so I had to order my food in one transaction, then my drink in another.

They had screens up with the menus next to all the food stalls so you'd think once they can you'll be able to order in person instead.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4062 on: June 22, 2021, 05:39:14 pm »
Six by Nico again on Thurs for the Circus menu. Anyone tried it?

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #4063 on: June 22, 2021, 06:01:53 pm »
Not done the new Six by Nico so will be intrigued to hear what it’s like.

Went to Mamasan for lunch today and it was excellent.

Had the lunch menu, 2 courses for £15

Starters:

Confit Duck spring rolls with plum sauce
(The spring rolls were crispy and full of flavour and the sauce was stunning)

charred sweetcorn patties
(Probably my favourite dish of the day, sweetness from the corn going with sourness from the tamarind and all packaged up in crispy fun)

Mains:

Sticky pork belly
(Decent dish, really well flavoured pork and lovely crispy crackling but unfortunately they added pak choi on the side instead of roast salted pumpkin as advertised, wife didn’t notice and when I did she’d already started eating it)

Nasi goreng with pork belly
(Decent dish, good bit of spice running through it)

Service was really friendly and based on the quality of the food we had we’ll defo be going back to try the a la carte
Believer

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4064 on: June 25, 2021, 05:33:54 pm »
Not done the new Six by Nico so will be intrigued to hear what it’s like.

We ended up having to cancel which was annoying.

However just got an email offering the new Shanghai one + the wine tasting for £80 for two (normally £58 each).

Can get the offer here - https://www.sixbynico.co.uk/summer-shanghai-experience/

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4065 on: June 26, 2021, 03:37:19 pm »
First visit to Pinion in Prescot last night.

Very impressed- excellent bistro style food, well cooked and presented, and nice waiting staff.

Smoked mackerel pate with pickled cucumber to start which was ace. Blade of beef with Parmesan chips and roasted beetroot ketchup which was exceptional, and a great creme brûlée to finish.

Nice beers and wines too.

Defo going back - far exceeded my expectations, and was a really nice night all round.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4066 on: June 26, 2021, 06:31:22 pm »
First visit to Pinion in Prescot last night.

Very impressed- excellent bistro style food, well cooked and presented, and nice waiting staff.

Smoked mackerel pate with pickled cucumber to start which was ace. Blade of beef with Parmesan chips and roasted beetroot ketchup which was exceptional, and a great creme brûlée to finish.

Nice beers and wines too.

Defo going back - far exceeded my expectations, and was a really nice night all round.

Sounds good mate....what were the prices like?...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4067 on: June 27, 2021, 04:16:46 pm »
Green Chillies on Prescot Road in Kensington.

Went for the first time last weekend and then returned last night. Since the closure of Masterchef and then Remora I’ve been looking for new favourite curry house in the city. This place is it.

A small (about 5 tables), cosy and family run restaurant doing South Indian cuisine and it’s absolutely superb. There is stuff on the menu that just don’t see in many places so a great restaurant to try new things.

Few of the things I’ve had in there…

Beef Cutlet (starter) – mince beef and potato patties deep fried in breadcrumbs. Crispy, small hint of spice, and really nice. They also do a fish version that is excellent.

Cochin Calamari (starter) – breaded squid cooked in onion and peppers. Unlike anything I’ve had in an Indian restaurant. The onion and peppers are cooked down giving the squid a rich gravy coating, and also a nice whack of chilli in there giving it some real heat.

Lamb Pepper Fry (main) – Slow cooked lamb in a rich thick gravy – this had a good heat to it, but all coming from fragrant pepper corns as oppose to chillies – delicious and also very generous amounts of meat. Mopped up with porotta bread that was out of this world.
Wine was reasonably priced at around £15 a bottle (I think…we got through a couple of bottles as well as some Cobras). Starters are about £4 and mains about £9. Also got free poppadums.

The family that run it are lovely and can’t do enough for you. I’ll be heading back and working my through the menu. They also do take-away.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4068 on: June 27, 2021, 05:36:17 pm »
Boss / informative review mate ...will check that out next time I'm on Kenny 👍
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4069 on: June 29, 2021, 10:24:50 am »
We ended up having to cancel which was annoying.

However just got an email offering the new Shanghai one + the wine tasting for £80 for two (normally £58 each).

Can get the offer here - https://www.sixbynico.co.uk/summer-shanghai-experience/

Nice one mate will have a look
Believer

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4070 on: June 29, 2021, 10:54:30 am »
One of the best Six by Nico menus we’ve had yet and all the wines were superb.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4071 on: June 29, 2021, 11:15:20 am »
Lerpwl bookings are open for anyone wanting to go  :wave

Went again, food was great as expected. We had cocktails before and after in the bar too which is open even if you don't go for food. Proper nice little bar area with experienced bar staff doing good cocktails or wines.  (Or a pint if you fancy). Putting it on my list of places to visit when we are just out for drinks now.

Anyone tried that new pub place The One O’Clock Gun on the Albert Dock? Looks like it's from the guys behind Maray.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4072 on: June 30, 2021, 11:23:02 pm »

Been tonight and agree , said to my missus there’s usually a course I’m not too fussed on but enjoyed
them all . Had the king prawn toast appetiser each as an extra and it set the standard for the rest , came not as you would expect . All five wines were really nice and Great value for £80 plus one extra king prawn , water and the tip took it to over a £100

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4073 on: July 1, 2021, 01:27:52 pm »
Went again, food was great as expected. We had cocktails before and after in the bar too which is open even if you don't go for food. Proper nice little bar area with experienced bar staff doing good cocktails or wines.  (Or a pint if you fancy). Putting it on my list of places to visit when we are just out for drinks now.

Anyone tried that new pub place The One O’Clock Gun on the Albert Dock? Looks like it's from the guys behind Maray.
We popped in the other night for a couple of drinks, it was nice if a touch pricey, though that must be said for a lot of places right in town or on the docks. They had a good selection of local stuff - mainly Love Lane from over on Bridgewater Street, but they had some Black Lodge stuff as well which was lovely, I had the $100 Volvo which was a quirky APA. They also did - the only place I've seen stock this - Red Willow's Vietnamese Stout, brewed in Macclesfield in Cheshire. Bitter, coffee and dark chocolatey flavours. It was £6 for a can which is admittedly steep, but seriously drinkable stuff for anyone who likes their hoppy ales or Porters.

Missus was boring with just bottled ciders (she is normally more adventurous) and we shared a charcuterie board as a snack, pretty nice with salami, pastrami, pickles etc on there. We only stayed about 45 minutes but it's a nice enough place to have a few drinks - didn't try any of the mains, it looked like mainly sandwiches, I'm not sure if they have a proper evening menu.

The place looks great though, lots of attention to detail in the decor and the staff were lovely so can't knock it.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4074 on: July 2, 2021, 08:28:19 am »

Been tonight and agree , said to my missus there’s usually a course I’m not too fussed on but enjoyed
them all . Had the king prawn toast appetiser each as an extra and it set the standard for the rest , came not as you would expect . All five wines were really nice and Great value for £80 plus one extra king prawn , water and the tip took it to over a £100

Sounds like it was a treat!  We had to swerve, Mrs Shooters doesn't really drink so the wine pairs would've been a waste (she wouldn't let me have both :-X)
Believer

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #4075 on: July 2, 2021, 06:25:04 pm »

Sounds like it was a treat!  We had to swerve, Mrs Shooters doesn't really drink so the wine pairs would've been a waste (she wouldn't let me have both :-X)

One person can have the pairings. I've done it twice I'm sure

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4076 on: July 2, 2021, 07:45:59 pm »
One person can have the pairings. I've done it twice I'm sure

He *may* be on about the £80 offer I posted up just above.

You can def do, outside of the offer, 1 with the pairing though, but I think the offer is still actually cheaper in that case.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #4077 on: July 2, 2021, 08:30:16 pm »
He *may* be on about the £80 offer I posted up just above.

You can def do, outside of the offer, 1 with the pairing though, but I think the offer is still actually cheaper in that case.

Righto. I'll wind my neck in

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4078 on: July 6, 2021, 10:05:56 pm »
'Fat Hippo' on Bold Street is great. My girlfriend had been before in Newcastle and said the burgers were excellent. I didn't think they could rival Free State but it absolutely did. I had the Swiss Tony which has cheese, bacon, truffle and onions. We shared some 'frickles' as well (battered pickles with dips) and they were excellent.

It's a bit dark and lacking character IMO but the food was class. Will definitely go back.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #4079 on: July 8, 2021, 09:46:56 am »
'Fat Hippo' on Bold Street is great. My girlfriend had been before in Newcastle and said the burgers were excellent. I didn't think they could rival Free State but it absolutely did. I had the Swiss Tony which has cheese, bacon, truffle and onions. We shared some 'frickles' as well (battered pickles with dips) and they were excellent.

It's a bit dark and lacking character IMO but the food was class. Will definitely go back.

Went to the one in Manchester the other week and it's top. I got a side of fried mozzarella balls expecting them to be the size of a pinball. They were the size of snooker balls and there were 5.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.