Author Topic: Football commentator/pundits  (Read 47776 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Football commentator/pundits
« Reply #640 on: April 11, 2024, 10:52:47 am »
Its probably that desperate dan clean cut look that Samuels has thats saved him.

Probably scared of making him angry. You wouldn’t like him when he’s angry.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #641 on: April 11, 2024, 11:01:36 am »
Did you listen to the podcast or have you just seen the click bait title? He said he hated Rafa at the time which is fully understandable because he only ever wanted to play for Liverpool and Rafa told him he wouldnt be playing any games. He said he appreciated the honesty of Rafa and he regretted not sticking around for another year to try and prove Rafa wrong but he loved playing football too much so he left. Also said the decision was rushed because it was 48 hours before the end of the window and he had to make a decision and one he really regrets.

That was nonsense about he wasnt good enough to play for Liverpool under Rafa. Did you see the shite Rafa played in that first season or two? Murphy would have played plenty of games if he hung around. He was excellent technically and tactically. It was Garcia who essentially took his place and murphy was a better player and had a much better LFC career than Garcia.

Wow thats a wild take :D

A decent amount of midfield players from that season that you could have taken aim at, but settled on Luis Garcia?! Who was a far, far, FAR better footballer than Danny Murphy.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #642 on: April 11, 2024, 11:10:21 am »
They’re also quite different players. Garcia was more of a forward than Murphy (certainly the Murphy post about 2001). When he did go down to Charlton and Fulham I think he played in centre midfield, something Garcia would never do (unless a free role ahead of two more orthodox midfielders).

I liked how Murphy recovered from a difficult start, came back from a loan spell at Crewe and forced his way into Houllier’s plans. He played a useful role in the 2001 season. He became more of a senior player around the time our standards dipped. Not necessarily related and all his fault. He was a handy player, if not a world beater and he chipped in with some important goals, not just against United.

Just because he left in slightly sour terms and had been a bit vocal about it both at the time and then a bit weird as a pundit sometimes should take away from him being a decent player for us.

Garcia wasn’t here as long, wasn’t consistent but will forever be linked with the incredible run in 2005 will always be a more popular figure. Probably more talented, capable of more jaw dropping moments, but a very different player really.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #643 on: April 11, 2024, 11:17:55 am »
Probably scared of making him angry. You wouldn’t like him when he’s angry.

He used to do that Sunday morning stuff on Sky and always thought he was a knob on that scruffy c**t.

His son has links to City I think so probably well in with them too !

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #644 on: April 11, 2024, 03:53:09 pm »
Now if you’d said Murphy was a better player than Nunez you might have a point but Garcia?? No chance.

That 04/05 side was a proper mixed bag which makes Istanbul even more remarkable and sure Murphy could have had some decent minutes but £2m or whatever it was, was deemed by Rafa, at a time when cash was tight, to be more useful to us (mad to think that 20 years later that’s some players weekly wage).

Will always be grateful for the goals at OT but the fact the even his fellow BBC pundits take the piss out of him for his misplaced inflated ego speaks volumes for him

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: April 11, 2024, 07:49:57 pm »
Garcia was a player without substance occasional flicks and the odd creative ball. He was always injured and dissapeared without trace. He was a level below Vladimir Smicer who had the same problem lacking substance but he was still better than Garcia. Murphy was better than both of them. Far better passer and more creative put a real shift in for the team and was far better tactically. The only thing Murphy was inferior at was dribbling. The most important thing he was far more consistent and had a very good 4 or 5 years here which is a lot more than Garcia.

One of the biggest compliments you can give Murphy that in a team with Gerrard in it was him who was on penalties and free-kicks. He was ice cold at Old Trafford for them winners. 

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: April 11, 2024, 07:53:06 pm »
more than any Liverpool player I can recall, Murphy would go to sleep for minutes at a time, in every single game he played.  drove me up the wall.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #647 on: April 11, 2024, 08:00:47 pm »
Henry Winter posting on X that he has been made redundant..

Is he the fella tweeted "c*nts" about us from his burner account? haha

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #648 on: April 11, 2024, 08:02:29 pm »
Oh my fucking god McManaman is such a c**t.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: April 11, 2024, 08:57:52 pm »

I hate his posh scouse accent. Talks utter shite too, bellend
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: April 11, 2024, 11:01:15 pm »
Is he the fella tweeted "c*nts" about us from his burner account? haha

No that was Phil McNulty from the BBC.

He is a bitter so no surprise and he was "hacked" 😂😂

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: April 11, 2024, 11:02:42 pm »

He does tens mins he said we were all over them too fast for them and goes on to basically call 2 of their players unfit fat bastards or words to that effect.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: April 11, 2024, 11:07:54 pm »

Forgive me. But, er, is that… er, is that really a posh scouse accent?

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #653 on: April 11, 2024, 11:09:44 pm »
Anyone that emphasises the “ing” on a word is putting on a posh Scouse accent.
AHA!

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: April 11, 2024, 11:12:54 pm »
years back, he almost married my wife's niece.  I was made up at the time thinking he'd be part of the family, now I'm eternally thankful they split up.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: April 12, 2024, 12:28:36 am »
years back, he almost married my wife's niece.  I was made up at the time thinking he'd be part of the family, now I'm eternally thankful they split up.

Is she now living in glorious isolation?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: April 12, 2024, 10:07:32 am »
Forgive me. But, er, is that… er, is that really a posh scouse accent?

Anyone that emphasises the “ing” on a word is putting on a posh Scouse accent.

Its like he thinks he's from West Kirby
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #657 on: April 12, 2024, 10:34:14 am »

Shame that...would've been a lovely weddinnng
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: April 12, 2024, 12:30:24 pm »
Shame that...would've been a lovely weddinnng

😂😂 Not for me FLETCH.

Notice they have split those pair up now on TNT one of them per game is bad enough !

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #659 on: April 12, 2024, 01:18:46 pm »

'This eveniNG' ...
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #660 on: April 17, 2024, 12:25:33 pm »
There's a writer for the Guardian who gets annoyed on Twitter by people referring to Trent as, well, Trent, and when he did the min-by-min for the game this weekend kept writing lines like 'Now "Trent" takes a shot'. It's sort of admirably petty.

I wish Pat Nevin and John Murray did TV more, I especially like their efforts to pin down the exact colour of shirts.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #661 on: April 17, 2024, 02:15:53 pm »
There's a writer for the Guardian who gets annoyed on Twitter by people referring to Trent as, well, Trent, and when he did the min-by-min for the game this weekend kept writing lines like 'Now "Trent" takes a shot'. It's sort of admirably petty.

I can definitely get on board with that. If it's not your team it can sound really cringey and overly chummy. I nearly retch every time I hear "Bruno" being used for instance.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: April 17, 2024, 02:33:09 pm »
I can definitely get on board with that. If it's not your team it can sound really cringey and overly chummy. I nearly retch every time I hear "Bruno" being used for instance.

Plenty annoy me and I always tell my lad off for it.

Bruno (Fernandes and now Guimaraes is getting it), Ibra/Zlatan, Sir Alex, Pep, Chicharito.

Fuck them c*nts. Basically anyone that doesn't play for us should be known by their surname only  :D

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #663 on: April 17, 2024, 02:43:58 pm »
We should get Rob Walker to give them all nicknames, like at the snooker.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #664 on: April 17, 2024, 03:21:13 pm »
Plenty annoy me and I always tell my lad off for it.

Bruno (Fernandes and now Guimaraes is getting it), Ibra/Zlatan, Sir Alex, Pep, Chicharito.

Fuck them c*nts. Basically anyone that doesn't play for us should be known by their surname only  :D

Ooh good shout with Chicharito! I can understand Pep or similar to an extent. Bit annoyingly familiar but it’s a shorter way of saying something. Chicharito is lobbing an extra syllable in there!

On a similar note, unless you’re a Spanish speaking native, or fluent in it, don’t say things like Luisito or whatever nicknames people have for our Spanish players. Maybe that’s just my pig ignorance but feels a bit try hard!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #665 on: April 17, 2024, 08:38:36 pm »
Adam Summerton alongside Ally McCoist is the best BT commentary pairing by many, many country miles....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: April 17, 2024, 08:43:25 pm »
Ooh good shout with Chicharito! I can understand Pep or similar to an extent. Bit annoyingly familiar but it’s a shorter way of saying something. Chicharito is lobbing an extra syllable in there!

On a similar note, unless you’re a Spanish speaking native, or fluent in it, don’t say things like Luisito or whatever nicknames people have for our Spanish players. Maybe that’s just my pig ignorance but feels a bit try hard!

Yeah, have heard a few saying Lucho at the match recently which feels a bit much. Luis or Diaz is just fine!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #667 on: April 17, 2024, 08:59:26 pm »
Yeah, have heard a few saying Lucho at the match recently which feels a bit much. Luis or Diaz is just fine!

Sorry, that’s one one!

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: April 17, 2024, 11:16:32 pm »
Christ that McManaman boy abuses my ears. He's awful. Ing. But he gave me a laugh when he tried to adopt a Spanish accent when saying the Bernabau. 

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: April 17, 2024, 11:40:33 pm »
The c*nt on BT calling Julian Alvarez "Hoolian"

Annoys me more than the twat on LFC TV saying "Nunyez"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: April 17, 2024, 11:55:42 pm »

And the one trying to say Joshua in some weird accent in the Bayern game and completely destroying it. "Ossuar" or something it came out like.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #671 on: April 18, 2024, 12:28:25 am »
And the one trying to say Joshua in some weird accent in the Bayern game and completely destroying it. "Ossuar" or something it came out like.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #672 on: April 18, 2024, 08:00:27 am »

But technically because of the little Spanish squiggle thing over the middle n that's how it's pronounced.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: April 18, 2024, 11:17:32 am »

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: April 18, 2024, 11:34:54 am »
https://twitter.com/Mo_utdred/status/1780719553972248931?t=Nbk4cN0DM9HsyAMM0Jq0LQ&s=19

Good work, Micah.

I swear Richards, Carragher & Neville only wear glasses so people think they're learned.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #677 on: April 18, 2024, 12:10:28 pm »
What is with McManaman saying “and rightly so!” all the bloody time, even when it doesn’t really make sense? I swear pundits use these buzzy phrases because they think it makes them sound intelligent, but give no thought to context.

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #678 on: April 18, 2024, 05:24:41 pm »
and rightly so micah

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: April 18, 2024, 09:34:21 pm »
Had to turn over to Virgin, Macca is such a fucking downer.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill