Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4129433 times)

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #59040 on: December 3, 2018, 07:17:19 pm »
And Usyk and his unique style could be joining them in 12-18 months time after a few tune up fights in the division.
Usyk is going to be a really interesting addition to the mix, certainly he has the technical capability but overcoming the size and power difference is a massive challenge. It's good times for the HW division, long time since we could really say that.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59041 on: December 3, 2018, 07:57:49 pm »
Wilder interested in fighting AJ next. Bet he is.

Hearn will be trying to make it happen for April. On his way to LA right now.

Wilder might want to cash in now.Fury might be left in the dark a little.

Fury is now the new president of the who needs him club. No belt and no ranking so Joshua can't fight him without dropping his titles. And I think Wilder will want to cash in his lottery ticket now rather than risk losing it to Fury again.

Fury is going to have to play the rankings game for a bit.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59042 on: December 3, 2018, 08:32:20 pm »
Usyk is going to be a really interesting addition to the mix, certainly he has the technical capability but overcoming the size and power difference is a massive challenge. It's good times for the HW division, long time since we could really say that.
We should thank our lucky stars Fury dethroned Klitschko in 2015, otherwise we'd still be seeing him winning boring decisions in Germany. Great to see heavyweight boxing is back, look at how many celebrities attended the fight on Saturday.

Wilder v AJ would be a proper heavyweight showdown. Wilder hardly has any boxing fundamentals but we all know AJ is a sucker for that right hand, as shown by Wlad. And Wilder's right is his best asset by far. Still I think Joshua wins that by late stoppage.

For any fight replays, mma-core usually works for me but isn't loading up today for some reason.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2018, 08:34:31 pm by King.Keita »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59043 on: December 3, 2018, 08:33:10 pm »
Usyk is too small for the big 3. He would make Wilder miss like mad but Wilder only needs one shot.

AJ will fight Wilder in April. Wilder stock took a hit but he still has the belt and AJ wants to be undisputed. Unification take precedent over mandatories. Not sure WBC can enforce a rematch for a voluntary defence, sounds a bit funny plus they get more money from a unification
« Last Edit: December 3, 2018, 08:36:15 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #59044 on: December 3, 2018, 08:37:33 pm »
Wilder should develop a body attack. He is so wild to the head but the body is more stationary. His connect would actually be better and he will hurt people badly downstairs.
He is 33 and has had 41 fights, Deontay ain't developing a body attack at this late stage! I wholeheartedly agree that it would greatly improve him. Mind you, Wlad did fine without a body attack I suppose (he officially landed 0 body shots against Haye if memory serves).

Fury is now the new president of the who needs him club. No belt and no ranking so Joshua can't fight him without dropping his titles. And I think Wilder will want to cash in his lottery ticket now rather than risk losing it to Fury again.

Fury is going to have to play the rankings game for a bit.
Surely, Fury will be elevated into the rankings of at least one organisation after this weekend?

I expected Fury to outbox Wilder and make him miss horribly. I wasn't sure if he could withstand the likely Wilder bombs and he did so admirably. The big eejit is a hard night's work for anybody; and I include Joshua in that.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59045 on: December 3, 2018, 08:58:04 pm »
He is 33 and has had 41 fights, Deontay ain't developing a body attack at this late stage! I wholeheartedly agree that it would greatly improve him. Mind you, Wlad did fine without a body attack I suppose (he officially landed 0 body shots against Haye if memory serves).
Surely, Fury will be elevated into the rankings of at least one organisation after this weekend?

I expected Fury to outbox Wilder and make him miss horribly. I wasn't sure if he could withstand the likely Wilder bombs and he did so admirably. The big eejit is a hard night's work for anybody; and I include Joshua in that.

Vlad could throw a starigth punch. If Wilder is gonna continue to swing wildly he may as well hit a stationary target

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59046 on: December 3, 2018, 08:58:07 pm »

Well Saturday's fight was for the WBC belt so he must have a ranking with them. If AJ picked up that belt it might work. And he's promoted by Frank Warren so I assume he could get a WBO ranking if he wanted one.

After April AJ will probably need a mandatory though.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59047 on: December 3, 2018, 09:01:17 pm »
Looks like Karma caught up with Stevenson don't often wish hurt on other people but if anyone deserves to be in that position it is him.
indeed, really struggle to feel sad for him with all the horrendous things he’s done

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59048 on: December 3, 2018, 09:23:55 pm »
Vlad could throw a starigth punch. If Wilder is gonna continue to swing wildly he may as well hit a stationary target
True  :)

Wilder's lack of basic boxing skills is staggering. Without his exceptional power, he would probably be a journeyman.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59049 on: December 3, 2018, 10:10:35 pm »
Looks like Karma caught up with Stevenson don't often wish hurt on other people but if anyone deserves to be in that position it is him.
Maybe if it happened outside the ring but no you can't wish harm on anyone while in the ring. Any fighter getting seriously hurt damages the whole sport. Seems like he's stable now anyway.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #59050 on: December 3, 2018, 11:04:52 pm »
Watched the fight last night. Don't see what all the fuss is about to be honest.
Fury was knocked on his arse twice and Wilder was never in any sort of trouble.
I'm always of the opinion the challenger should do a fair bit more to take the champions belt, but I don't think Fury done anywhere near enough to be a clear winner. 

Barney You are the English judge and I claim my fiver 😂

Seriously though, you want to rewrite how boxing works? He’s taught him a lesson in there. Won at least 9 rounds, clear winner. Not even debatable
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59051 on: December 4, 2018, 05:08:17 am »
Khan v Crawford muted for next year. Crawford was gonna fight Collazo so Khan is a step up. Khan gets battered eventually.

I'd love for Khan to freeze out his Stan. Let Brook add a high level win to go with the solitary one he has on his record.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59052 on: December 4, 2018, 05:27:22 am »
Barney You are the English judge and I claim my fiver 😂

Seriously though, you want to rewrite how boxing works? He’s taught him a lesson in there. Won at least 9 rounds, clear winner. Not even debatable
but but it is fury!!!!!!!!! pmsl

given a level playing field noone is beating him bar a ko
choose Life.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59053 on: December 4, 2018, 05:36:45 am »
Fury doesnt stand up to AJ onslaught. I thought he would befuddle him but Saturday makes me believe AJ takes him out. He has fast hands throws consistently and properly and knows how to finish. He will get to him and when he does it's goodnight vienna

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59054 on: December 4, 2018, 05:57:29 am »
ok hopefully Fury gets the chance to prove the rest of the doubters wrong.
choose Life.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59055 on: December 4, 2018, 08:52:47 am »
Fury doesnt stand up to AJ onslaught. I thought he would befuddle him but Saturday makes me believe AJ takes him out. He has fast hands throws consistently and properly and knows how to finish. He will get to him and when he does it's goodnight vienna
Assuming his head remains focused on boxing, Fury will get fitter and for me, AJ is more likely to gas out. However, AJ is also a far better boxer than Wilder, and I would favour him via late TKO in a match versus Fury. It would be a hard and frustrating fight for him though.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59056 on: December 4, 2018, 09:23:26 am »
Fury exposed Wilder's poor fundamentals, that's not going to happen with Joshua. AJ is basically a physical freak who does the basics right. And I'm not sure Fury would be busy enough to win the rounds, I think his best bet would be to hope Joshua punches himself out going for a KO like Wlad nearly did.

I think Joshua beats Wilder, basically doing what Fury did but more of it and with more power. But he's still vulnerable and Wilder's power is legit so who knows.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59057 on: December 4, 2018, 10:01:57 am »
Joshua v Whyte might be a hrd sell if Wilder v Fury 2 is not next

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #59058 on: December 4, 2018, 01:31:31 pm »
That's the great thing about how Fury/Wilder went down. Everyone still thinks they are right about who beats who.

They should all fight each other twice over the next few years, no one cares about any other HWs anyway.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #59059 on: December 4, 2018, 08:01:30 pm »
That's the great thing about how Fury/Wilder went down. Everyone still thinks they are right about who beats who.

They should all fight each other twice over the next few years, no one cares about any other HWs anyway.

Nobody actually cares about who wins either in the main - unless you're a fanboy of course - as long as they're fighting each other and actually making the big fights as Holyfield, Tyson, Lewis etc all did

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59060 on: December 4, 2018, 09:11:41 pm »
Always thought Fury beats AJ with ease. Lets hope we get to find out next year

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59061 on: December 4, 2018, 09:23:38 pm »
Nobody actually cares about who wins either in the main - unless you're a fanboy of course - as long as they're fighting each other and actually making the big fights as Holyfield, Tyson, Lewis etc all did

Eventually  ;)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59062 on: December 4, 2018, 09:25:19 pm »
True.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL7h72NigqE

Any excuse to repost this.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #59063 on: December 4, 2018, 09:28:53 pm »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59064 on: December 4, 2018, 09:52:45 pm »
He certainty did baptize him  ;D

Almost!

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59065 on: December 5, 2018, 01:56:54 am »
[emoji102]
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59066 on: December 5, 2018, 09:18:29 am »
[emoji102]
If only if were that simple in boxing eh?  :( If we're lucky we may see AJ in with one of them in 2019 but I honestly wouldn't hold my breath. It is interesting if Wilder is suddenly looking for the big payday that a fight with Joshua would bring now that the whole world knows how lucky he is to still have his world title. It is almost as if his team realise that he isn't this unbeatable monster  ::)

Unfortunately, we'll have to suffer Joshua fight at least one pudding in 2019, although I for one would not complain if he fights Jarell Miller as that could be a fun fight while it lasts.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59067 on: December 5, 2018, 09:41:50 am »
I believe Jarrell needs to come over and fight on undercard if he is to be a suitable dance partner. Its not o2 anymore. Its all stadiums now and people need to know who he is.

Whyte is in driving seat now, his fight with chisora will be a stinker i feel. No risks from Dillyan, so close to getting knocked out again by AJ and the payday that commands

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #59068 on: December 5, 2018, 09:55:34 am »
Who is AJ's next mandatory? Will it be Whyte if he beats Chisora?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #59069 on: December 5, 2018, 10:04:04 am »
Eventually  ;)

Indeed

Ideal scenario is AJ fights Wilder for his April date in a massive unification fight and then whoever wins fights Fury in the summer for all the belts

Either way, people want to see AJ against Fury or Fury rematch against Wilder.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59070 on: December 5, 2018, 10:25:57 am »
Who is AJ's next mandatory? Will it be Whyte if he beats Chisora?

The other champions get priority over mandatories, so Wilder is easy enough to make.

Otherwise I think he has to fight Pulev at some point and Whyte if he wins. I think he has a bit of time though so April could be a voluntary.

As 7s said the easiest fight to make is probably Wilder. I don't think he can fight Fury for a while without dropping one or more belts.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #59071 on: December 5, 2018, 10:55:47 am »
Wilder is easy enough but I think he'll be fighting Fury again next, do looks like it'll be Whyte next for AJ

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59072 on: December 5, 2018, 03:22:46 pm »
Wilder is easy enough but I think he'll be fighting Fury again next, do looks like it'll be Whyte next for AJ
Assuming he beats Chisora in the rematch, Whyte will have earned a second crack but even so, it's a bit meh  :( He is probably fuming that he didnt get a chance to fight Wilder now  ;D

I believe Jarrell needs to come over and fight on undercard if he is to be a suitable dance partner. Its not o2 anymore. Its all stadiums now and people need to know who he is.

Whyte is in driving seat now, his fight with chisora will be a stinker i feel. No risks from Dillyan, so close to getting knocked out again by AJ and the payday that commands
You're right of course, only big boxing fans have heard of Miller (and he needs to lose about three stone IMO). Maybe we'll see Whyte face Miller if he beats Chisora (I believe they have traded insults) while AJ will probably fight Pulev in April if the Wilder vs Fury rematch takes place.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59073 on: December 5, 2018, 05:25:13 pm »
Got to throw Usyk in as a wildcard here as well. If I remember correctly the champ automatically gets a title shot in the division above if he wants one. So when he officially moves up he'll be mandatory for pretty much all the belts.

Best case scenario I think is that Wilder takes the AJ fight in April and the winner goes for Usyk in September. Fury will have to spend 2019 getting properly tuned up and sorting his ranking out.

If Wilder and Fury have a rematch then AJ is going to have to continue his war on moobs for the time being.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59074 on: December 7, 2018, 11:43:06 am »
Heard Brook talking the last few days about Khan in the build up to his fight... He seems so dejected by the whole situation. We all know it has dragged, but you get the feeling he genuinely believed this 3 fight Khan/Hearn deal meant he was certain to get his hands on Amir. Not so.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59075 on: December 7, 2018, 12:46:20 pm »
Lomachenko is getting hype as a potential all-time great already. Fighting this weekend.

""Vasiliy Lomachenko is technically the best fighter that I have seen since the early Muhammad Ali," Bob Arum said when he signed the Ukrainian to a professional contract.

And you know what? Arum could be correct.

Prologue to Lomachenko's professional success was his splendid 396-1 amateur career that included gold medals at the 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games. It was as an amateur that he earned his rep as being both singular and terrifying."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/25128525/vasiliy-lomachenko-path-join-see-company

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/25451852/how-do-beat-lightweight-world-titlist-vasiliy-lomachenko
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #59076 on: December 7, 2018, 12:48:10 pm »
Heard Brook talking the last few days about Khan in the build up to his fight... He seems so dejected by the whole situation. We all know it has dragged, but you get the feeling he genuinely believed this 3 fight Khan/Hearn deal meant he was certain to get his hands on Amir. Not so.

Bad as each other

I’d love them both to get knocked out a few times in a row and end up fighting at some working men’s club in Blackpool
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59077 on: December 7, 2018, 12:56:53 pm »

I gave Khan loads of shit on here for basically putting his career on hold waiting for this big fight against Mayweather or Pacquaio, and I stand by that, but Brook has basically done the same with Khan.  Apart from Porter his CV is terrible.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59078 on: December 7, 2018, 08:02:16 pm »
Brook has been fighting nothing but tomato cans for most of his career and he's fighting another tomorrow. Beat Porter so I'll give him credit for that but he was never going to beat GGG and he got a boxing lesson from Spence.

Khan is also far too transparent, he's clearly chasing a big fight and has no intention of facing anyone like Thurman, Spence or even rematch Garcia. All would drop him inside 8.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59079 on: December 7, 2018, 09:07:45 pm »
WBC have sanctioned the Wilder-Fury rematch, Wilder won't lose his title by not facing his mandatory challenger.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46489617
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.