Author Topic: Strictly come dancing  (Read 31610 times)

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Strictly come dancing
« Reply #240 on: October 23, 2020, 06:08:58 pm »
Personally I don't see the point of it, it's just being done to tick a diversity box, Dancing on Ice had a male couple, Strictly now has an all female couple.
Or both celebrities wanted a same sex partner and were granted that request

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #241 on: October 23, 2020, 06:28:28 pm »
Or both celebrities wanted a same sex partner and were granted that request
Fair enough that may be the case, if Katya had had a same sext partner a couple of years ago then she and Neil may still have been together! ;)
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #242 on: October 23, 2020, 06:30:41 pm »
Should be cracking television this series - with the hosts saying how many times people were tested before and after each segway clip, and constantly talking about procedures etc. We get it...
They are saying that because if they didn't you would get people complaining.  My missus watches this morning and apparently they keep getting complaints off people who say Ruth and Eamon shouldn't be sitting next to each other!  They have to keep telling people that they are married, live together so the Social Distancing rules don't apply to them!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: October 25, 2020, 12:50:21 pm »
Just caught up on this. Worth watching for Bill Bailey alone.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2020, 11:31:58 am »
Just caught up on this. Worth watching for Bill Bailey alone.

That was hilarious. It was actually not a bad routine but Bill's face when he was dancing just cracked me up - and I loved the yellow pants!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #245 on: November 7, 2020, 09:06:48 pm »
It was a good show tonight, some really good performances. I thought both foxtrots were brilliant and Bill Bailey continues to impress me, for a big guy he manages to get around the floor really well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: November 7, 2020, 09:26:19 pm »
Jason Bell's a goner.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: November 7, 2020, 09:52:34 pm »
Jason Bell's a goner.

I would agree, feel a bit sorry for the guy as he looks as though he's really enjoying it.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #248 on: November 8, 2020, 11:37:31 am »
It was a good show tonight, some really good performances. I thought both foxtrots were brilliant and Bill Bailey continues to impress me, for a big guy he manages to get around the floor really well.
Definitely proving all the critics wrong who thought he would be the ‘joke’ contestant. I think the judges really appreciate the hard work and dedication he’s put into his two performances so far. Think he’ll go a long way in the competition.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: November 8, 2020, 04:07:16 pm »
Definitely proving all the critics wrong who thought he would be the ‘joke’ contestant. I think the judges really appreciate the hard work and dedication he’s put into his two performances so far. Think he’ll go a long way in the competition.

Everybody knew the joke contestant would be whoever Anton got.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: November 12, 2020, 04:38:19 pm »
Nicole Adams has withdrawn from the competition after Katya tested positive for Covid.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #251 on: November 12, 2020, 04:47:12 pm »
Nicole Adams has withdrawn from the competition after Katya tested positive for Covid.

Oops. That’s pretty shit for her.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #252 on: November 12, 2020, 04:58:40 pm »
that's a shame - I love Katya

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: November 12, 2020, 05:07:30 pm »
I am guessing she won't be the last sadly.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #254 on: November 12, 2020, 05:35:43 pm »
Personally I don't see the point of it, it's just being done to tick a diversity box, Dancing on Ice had a male couple, Strictly now has an all female couple.

It's moot now that Nicola has gone but can we stop talking about 'ticking diversity boxes'? A few years back there would have been the same comments about a mixed race couple. The world has moved on and if Nicola Adams wants to dance with a woman that's her business and no one else's.

I don't think she would have gone very far but it was great seeing something different.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: November 13, 2020, 11:05:05 am »
Motsi had to go back to Germany and now has to self isolate for 2 weeks. Talk of Anton replacing her.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2020, 07:36:12 pm »
Some of the judges scoring is wild.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #257 on: November 14, 2020, 08:04:07 pm »
This show might be very old school BBC, but it’s one thing we’ve been able to enjoy as a family for several years. I could never dance like these amateurs learn to, but we’ve all become sideline experts :”I’d give that a six”. We’re Team Bill this year 😉
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: November 14, 2020, 08:11:05 pm »
Bill Bailey smashing it out the park again. Oti Mabuse is a genius.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2020, 08:25:20 pm »
Bill Bailey smashing it out the park again. Oti Mabuse is a genius.
Sci fi fan in his 50s...

Beer gut.

Pony tail....

Beard...

Nothing ...nothing about that should have worked..

But it was brilliant
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2020, 08:27:30 pm »
Sci fi fan in his 50s...

Beer gut.

Pony tail....

Beard...

But it was brilliant

There’s hope for us all. Bill to win (not that I’ve seen this week!).

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2020, 11:16:37 pm »
He was brilliant once again, also enjoyed Clara's Charleston as well.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #262 on: November 17, 2020, 10:06:21 am »
someone needs to tell motsi to STOP SHOUTING EVERYTHING SHE SAYS

there's a fuckin mic there y'know

and the couples constantly saying 'I have the BEST partner - I wouldn't have chosen anyone else' - fuck off with that

Bill Bailey is a great dancer and has musicality and rhythm BUT I think the fact that he looks 70 and is ONLY 55 - which is no age at all - really helps his cause

other than that I enjoy the show

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #263 on: November 18, 2020, 03:14:47 pm »
Sci fi fan in his 50s...

Beer gut.

Pony tail....

Beard...

But it was brilliant

And a big Prog Rock fan

Don't watch it but as soon as it was announced he was in I said to the wife I wanted him to win because of that (and he's pretty funny).

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: November 22, 2020, 08:19:08 pm »
The public don't like Maisie do they?

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: November 23, 2020, 08:55:59 am »

i think it's because she comes across a bit like your neighbour's little show off daughter - if you know what I mean

she needs to reign in the uber-confidence because as a country we don't like that

but I like her and hope she continues to knock out the dreggs - no offence Dorothy

Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #266 on: November 23, 2020, 10:22:26 am »
Think the judges are being overly kind this year. I mean there's no way Ranvir deserved a 10 this week.

Far too many 9s and 10s coming out early in the competition.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: November 23, 2020, 11:01:21 am »
Think the judges are being overly kind this year. I mean there's no way Ranvir deserved a 10 this week.

Far too many 9s and 10s coming out early in the competition.

I think this is to do with there only being 3 judges so low scores can seem even harsher

well either that or they're REALLY that good

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #268 on: November 23, 2020, 11:03:04 am »

My wife always prefers a good underdog. Most soap stars/ex pop stars tend to have had loads of dance training when they were at stage school or wherever so have a bit of an unfair advantage. Or maybe everyone rightly just hates Eastenders!

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: November 23, 2020, 11:08:36 am »
My wife always prefers a good underdog. Most soap stars/ex pop stars tend to have had loads of dance training when they were at stage school or wherever so have a bit of an unfair advantage. Or maybe everyone rightly just hates Eastenders!

I've never tried that position

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #270 on: November 23, 2020, 11:18:12 am »
I've never tried that position

I’ll send her round.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #271 on: November 23, 2020, 03:52:45 pm »

I called her being in the bottom two last week. She's a perfect recipe for receiving low votes from what you'd imagine is a predominantly older female group who actually bother to watch Strictly live and vote; young, pretty, in ridiculous shape, a bit arrogant.

The way Shirley speaks about her is exactly the way a lot of people watching the show at home probably do.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: November 28, 2020, 08:32:51 pm »
A very good show tonight. There were some who did better than others, don't think it was Clara and Bill's best dances but neither did badly. The rest were pretty high standard, loved Hvy's dance and also Maisie's quickstep was another highlight at the end.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: November 28, 2020, 08:42:25 pm »
I called her being in the bottom two last week. She's a perfect recipe for receiving low votes from what you'd imagine is a predominantly older female group who actually bother to watch Strictly live and vote; young, pretty, in ridiculous shape, a bit arrogant.

The way Shirley speaks about her is exactly the way a lot of people watching the show at home probably do.

A little word on the judging, this gets mentioned a lot. I always think the thing to remember is the male celebrities have to lead their partners while the females are led by their professional partners, so obviously it is especially challenging for the males celebs. The judging on strictly like any other show can be pretty subjective depending on what the judge is looking for. Because of that, sometimes it feels the points are a bit forced or indifferent. But I do think all the judges are pretty fair, they take marks away when people make mistakes which is only right. But they also are happy to encourage the competitors.

As for the public, that's another matter. For some people Strictly becomes a personality show rather than a dancing one. I used to go on the Strictly website on Spy Digital but got put off in the end, so many people being really mean-spirited and having strange personal vendettas against competitors, whose only crime was seemingly allowing their emotion to be overcome. In the end, I stopped going on. I think we just have to accept some people are just very nasty in their make-up and leave it at that.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2020, 07:07:36 pm »
A little word on the judging, this gets mentioned a lot. I always think the thing to remember is the male celebrities have to lead their partners while the females are led by their professional partners, so obviously it is especially challenging for the males celebs. The judging on strictly like any other show can be pretty subjective depending on what the judge is looking for. Because of that, sometimes it feels the points are a bit forced or indifferent. But I do think all the judges are pretty fair, they take marks away when people make mistakes which is only right. But they also are happy to encourage the competitors.

As for the public, that's another matter. For some people Strictly becomes a personality show rather than a dancing one. I used to go on the Strictly website on Spy Digital but got put off in the end, so many people being really mean-spirited and having strange personal vendettas against competitors, whose only crime was seemingly allowing their emotion to be overcome. In the end, I stopped going on. I think we just have to accept some people are just very nasty in their make-up and leave it at that.

yeh i used to read that all the time - the hatred is just crazy as is the seemingly made-up theories to dislike certain people/couiples

but enjoyed last night's show - only just caught up with it - thought it was one of the best

Clara could be on the way home tonight

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2020, 08:21:24 pm »
Clara gone.

JJ has run his course and is nailed on to leave next week imo.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: November 30, 2020, 06:46:24 am »
Clara gone.

JJ has run his course and is nailed on to leave next week imo.

or jamie - his self-congratulatory nature is becoming grating

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: December 13, 2020, 07:53:38 pm »
HRVY is winning this by the way. It's as much a popularity contest as a dancing contest. He's the most popular, even if Maisie gets better scores in the final.

The same as when Stacey Dooley won despite Ashley and Faye having higher scores.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #278 on: December 13, 2020, 11:53:56 pm »
HRVY is winning this by the way. It's as much a popularity contest as a dancing contest. He's the most popular, even if Maisie gets better scores in the final.

The same as when Stacey Dooley won despite Ashley and Faye having higher scores.

Mad when they show clips of him at a packed concert. Had never heard of the fucker before Strictly! Certainly appears to be him or Maisie who will win it, but good to see Bill get through!

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: December 14, 2020, 08:05:26 am »
Mad when they show clips of him at a packed concert. Had never heard of the fucker before Strictly! Certainly appears to be him or Maisie who will win it, but good to see Bill get through!
I'm pretty sure the one they keep showing is not his concert, he's just doing a bit for some BBC awards show.