Author Topic: The Decisions, Decisions Draft - Derby Day Edition - Discussion & Sign Up Thread  (Read 23615 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Ayala is a great pick.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
PM'd Flash, will give it an hour or so and pick if he doesn't turn up.

I'd just go. He said to unless he is around and he isn't online.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I'd just go. He said to unless he is around and he isn't online.

Done.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Damn you Sheer, damn you, that was my trump card.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Jarni and Essien where my next two picks you fuckers.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Damn you Sheer, damn you, that was my trump card.
Your team is good enough already. There is also an excellent player still hanging about who isn't that far off.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Oh bugger, that's me done with. Was about to grab my Atletico player. Not sure there's any left to finish now!
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• Legacy Fan
Your team is good enough already. There is also an excellent player still hanging about who isn't that far off.

There goes the other one  :(

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Oh bugger, that's me done with. Was about to grab my Atletico player. Not sure there's any left to finish now!

You’ll have to choose a non Atletico player as you don’t need to choose one, or do you mean for filling categories?
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
About to make a pick everyone, just got back.  Give me 15-20 minutes.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
Who's up next?

• Legacy Fan
Who's up next?

Trend but he's disappeared.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
I'm up to date anyway, some safer picks this time  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Ayala is a great pick.

A great pick indeed at this time of the draft. It was Lucio or Ayala for me, and the best/worst thing about this draft is that you got lesser choices as you go on, and yet you have to make tough decisions out there.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Trend but he's disappeared.

No, I have been in seclusion trying to figure out a local pick that actually resides in the exact city.

Each time I find someone I think is a fit, they live in the suburb right outside the city.  Anyone want to help me from self damage while I put my child to a nap --- late on arrival.

Viva and then Defacto.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Legacy Fan
Overrated.
At this stage it's good  ;D although there is still a world class  CB who no one has picked yet surprisingly

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
At this stage it's good  ;D although there is still a world class  CB who no one has picked yet surprisingly

If we're  thinking of the same guy, maybe his international record works against him compared to his compatriots.

• Legacy Fan
If we're  thinking of the same guy, maybe his international record works against him compared to his compatriots.

Could be  ;D

I'm going to go ahead and make my pick, Viva isn't around. It's been an hour.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 07:57:53 pm by deFacto »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Viva said to press on... he'll catch up.   Who is next?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
Betty then PIM

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm all for changing your username to deFucked after that pick.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan

Blame it on Betty!  ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Getting real sweaty over my last two picks.  Players keep disappearing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Legacy Fan
There goes that CB I kept referring to :D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I only remembered him after after I'd picked that footballing luminary Sergio Ramos.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
I think PIM has to make another pick, Flamengo was already closed when I checked during my last pick and had to go for Reuter.

Also will wait an hour to see if Betty is avaiable to make his pick.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Changed my pick.

• Legacy Fan
just got in the office, will make my pick shortly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
just got in the office, will make my pick shortly

Nice pick, mate!   Claudio, one helluva a catch. 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
Nice pick, mate!   Claudio, one helluva a catch.

Cheers Trend, didn't think he'd be still available

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
blue Betty covered off both criteria with the one pick their with Gerson.

Only person left for a Birth Place is Trend.

All other criteria is covered off.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:24:26 pm by mikey_LFC »

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Mikey,

You've updated Ocwirk, but you've missed JL Andrade in my team in the OP of the selections thread.

Got it now.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Cheers Mikey

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
blue Betty covered off both criteria with the one pick their with Gerson.

Haha in the excitement of finally finding evidence of a game Gerson had played for Flumi I completely overlooked where he was born! Nice. Makes my search for a keeper infinitely easier.

In an ideal world I'd swap Dunga out as he was a bit of panic pick and I originally mistakenly believed he was born locally. Maybe at the end of the draft a switch can be considered by benevolent grandmaster Mikey.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Look like its been an hour, I check to see if VBG is on.  If not, I'll go ahead a pick.

Agree with Betty here, maybe a post-draft 2-3 hour period where we try to sort out panic picks or a few reaches. 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Look like its been an hour, I check to see if VBG is on.  If not, I'll go ahead a pick.

Agree with Betty here, maybe a post-draft 2-3 hour period where we try to sort out panic picks or a few reaches.

Happy to do that if people agree. Only issue comes when people say they would have picked someone but for them being held on another side. But I guess they're up for grabs then anyway.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Happy to do that if people agree. Only issue comes when people say they would have picked someone but for them being held on another side. But I guess they're up for grabs then anyway.

The alternative solution to this would be to give each team a 12th or even a 13th pick with an extra round or two at the end. This would allow people to change tactics between games if they wanted to as well, which could be interesting. I've seen it done on other draft forums.

• Legacy Fan
How about adding a new derby for that last round of ''replacement'' picks ?