Author Topic: The Albert  (Read 33028 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Albert
« Reply #40 on: August 8, 2015, 06:45:09 pm »
Clearly you have never run a business, because everything does have to be cost effective.

As far as the club refurbishing the Albert, I am quite sure the current proprietors are making enough to put a new carpet down, paint and stop selling flat ale already.

Local economy, by the way? Ellesmere Port or Anfield?

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 8, 2015, 07:43:38 pm »
Clearly you have never run a business, because everything does have to be cost effective.

As far as the club refurbishing the Albert, I am quite sure the current proprietors are making enough to put a new carpet down, paint and stop selling flat ale already.

Local economy, by the way? Ellesmere Port or Anfield?

is it cost effective for owners to sometimes pay transport for away support. well is it. are you against this.
what i cant understand your aggressive stance on owners actually doing something proactive
and leading the way, 

and i do run a  business,         

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42 on: August 8, 2015, 07:48:16 pm »
is it cost effective for owners to sometimes pay transport for away support. well is it. are you against this.

What the fuck has this got to do with funding a private business?

Another thread you're going on a bizarre rant in and will ruin.

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 8, 2015, 07:53:52 pm »
What the fuck has this got to do with funding a private business?

Another thread you're going on a bizarre rant in and will ruin.

you need to calm down Craig mate
i wasnt replying to you, the above posting said everything as got to be cost  effective.
i was giving an example. if its ok with you 
« Last Edit: August 8, 2015, 08:01:43 pm by Rome-77 »

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: August 8, 2015, 09:49:58 pm »
what i cant understand your aggressive stance on owners actually doing something proactive
and leading the way, 

All Premier league clubs receive funding for travel it's not coming out the owners pocket.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 8, 2015, 11:55:14 pm »

It'd be an interesting business model (for a pub) that can survive, thrive and re-invest on the back of 19 to 25, 4 or 5-hour spells per year.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #46 on: August 9, 2015, 12:08:08 am »
It'd be an interesting business model (for a pub) that can survive, thrive and re-invest on the back of 19 to 25, 4 or 5-hour spells per year.

I don't think it's that interesting, plus there are plenty of other times that whilst it's certainly not match day busy it is doing a fair amount of trade.

There are plenty of high street shops out there which basically build their whole business plan off 52 Saturdays and do pretty well out of it too (I know this first hand).

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #47 on: August 9, 2015, 09:58:49 pm »
and leading the way, 

The club get a pot of money every year to pay for away fan travel, none of it comes out of the club accounts.

The owners/club don't own The Albert therefore they have no responsibility towards its upkeep or trade. Would you say it'd be fair for the club to ask for a % of the profits The Albert make or do you just to give a freebie out? If they give a freebie refurb out to The Albert where do they stop? Should they do up The Sandon as well? The chippy across the road? The church opposite The Kop might need a new pulpit, the club should fork out for that too. The wall by the petrol station where fans drink before the match is unsheltered, the club should build a shelter over it with heaters to keep them warm during the cold, wet winter months of the season. The club isn't a charity, it's a business, it doesn't exist to keep the area around it spruced up to look nice.

You run a business? I assume you give a portion of your profits out charitably to the other business around you like you expect the club to be doing then?

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #48 on: August 9, 2015, 10:12:54 pm »
why not.
what the hell is wrong with our owners giving a bit back, and kepping the local community sweet.
everything doesnt have to be cost effective  you know.

And he's back...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2015, 04:08:29 am »
The club should build their own boozer outside the ground!

Nah, would be horrifically overpriced and probably serve only the same shite ale you get inside the ground. Rather buy a few cans from the offy and go to the sandon wall
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2015, 07:04:10 am »
And he's back...
Alan you should just ban me then we,ll all have the same opinion as you and your mates.
and as for calling a fellow supporter on the stoke thread a bellend for just saying stoke where the
best team, now that was totally out of order.   

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2015, 07:34:59 am »
Alan you should just ban me then we,ll all have the same opinion as you and your mates.
and as for calling a fellow supporter on the stoke thread a bellend for just saying stoke where the
best team, now that was totally out of order.   

Both points completely irrelevant to the thread

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2015, 04:39:56 pm »
Alan you should just ban me then we,ll all have the same opinion as you and your mates....

Why would I ban you? You got muted because you dominate threads and demand answers to irrelevant questions and go way off topic...

...and as for calling a fellow supporter on the stoke thread a bellend for just saying stoke where the best team, now that was totally out of order.   

Well as it's here - I didn't call him a bellend for saying Stoke were the best team. I said that people saying we deserved to lose were guilty of bellendery, which is not the same thing.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2015, 08:07:29 pm »
Was getting a lick of paint as I went past today. In Liverpool red no less.

;)

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2015, 08:08:19 pm »
Was getting a lick of paint as I went past today. In Liverpool red no less.

;)

Did you happen to see any signs thanking the owners of Liverpool FC for their generous donation to buy the paint?

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2015, 08:26:33 pm »
Did you happen to see any signs thanking the owners of Liverpool FC for their generous donation to buy the paint?

would that upset you

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2015, 08:28:06 pm »
would that upset you

Only if the sign was in some illegible hand writing.

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2015, 08:36:25 pm »
Only if the sign was in some illegible hand writing.

but what if it wasn't cost effective   

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2015, 08:38:01 pm »
but what if it wasn't cost effective

Neat hand writing is always cost effective.

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2015, 08:45:58 pm »
Neat hand writing is always cost effective.

actually craig the club as paid for the paint job, now isn't that shocking   

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2015, 08:49:12 pm »

If they have then good for them.

Care to share your source? You'll appreciate if I don't trust a word you say on here.... Mr Case.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2015, 11:53:25 am »

Would love to know if this is true or not. 

Where did you get this information from?  or did you spot Ian Ayre down there handing out tubs of Crown Paints ;) Liverpool Red?
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2015, 09:05:13 pm »
Just to throw my .02 in on this matter.

I'm a foreign supporter, been supporting since Hodgson was our manager. Never seen us lift a trophy except the League Cup under Kenny. That is to say, I consider myself distinctly NOT a glory hunter.

I've seen Liverpool matches prior as my dad's a big time manc, but I didn't pay attention, didn't follow sport whatsoever.

What made me fall in love with LFC: tradition, history, the city and it's culture, and admittedly Gerrard.

My first match was against Cardiff a couple years ago. My match day experience was as follows:

Walk around Stanley Park, visit the LFC museum, visit the Shankly Gates and the 96 memorial, visit the Paisley Gates, go into the Albert for a pint, sing a song and head into the stadium for the greatest 90 minutes of my life.

I know that the Albert isn't officially part of the club, but at the same time in many ways it is; and personally, it probably will be for the rest of my life because of my experience at Anfield. It's been in songs (as mentioned above) and it's been in countless photos that foreigners like me see and dream of visiting it. Perhaps it's merely fortunate because of its proximity to the ground, but that doesn't make it any less special, imo.

I would be very sad to see it go.

I think once the regeneration is in full swing, or complete, the owners of the Albert will be motivated to renovate it or sell it to some one who will. Alternatively, the club should buy it, renovate it and turn a small profit on it, just to show that they care. I know I would appreciate that very much, and I'm sure a lot of people would give a humble nod of approval as the right thing to do.

Also, I don't think it looks bad from the digital regeneration images. If they get permits for match day outside seating, put TV's outside, I actually think it could benefit from all the open space around it.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2015, 07:01:46 pm »
Did we ever get to the bottom of who paid the painters?

Offline BoltonRed

• OOTer in a non footballing township... Android Meff
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • 'Making Us Dream' ..................Again.
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2015, 08:10:09 pm »
I get the feeling it might of been Craig.

:lickin :lickin :lickin

Had a few though, so might be reading between the lines.  8)
Ah shut it yer fucking fanny. Sorry to upset you, but we're going to twat these c*nts. The only fluke will be that we don't rupture our collective banjo strings from the dry bumming we're giving these tonight.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2015, 08:10:48 pm »
I get the feeling it might of been Craig.

:lickin :lickin :lickin

I took me paintbrush down and did it myself in the end  8)

Offline BoltonRed

• OOTer in a non footballing township... Android Meff
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • 'Making Us Dream' ..................Again.
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2015, 08:23:22 pm »
I took me paintbrush down and did it myself in the end  8)

I'll drive down tomorrow and do the bits you missed.

;D ;D ;D
Ah shut it yer fucking fanny. Sorry to upset you, but we're going to twat these c*nts. The only fluke will be that we don't rupture our collective banjo strings from the dry bumming we're giving these tonight.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2015, 08:37:15 pm »
I'll drive down tomorrow and do the bits you missed.

;D ;D ;D

Keep track of your time mate and send your invoice onto me.

I'll forward it on with mine to Rome77, aka Jimmy Case, seems he has a his own business I'm sure he's no argument about funding the refurbishment of another business.

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2015, 08:46:04 pm »
Keep track of your time mate and send your invoice onto me.

I'll forward it on with mine to Rome77, aka Jimmy Case, seems he has a his own business I'm sure he's no argument about funding the refurbishment of another business.

not sure what the joke is here,
i know its upsetting to you that our owners are doing something that's not cost effective.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2015, 08:47:52 pm »
Someone has had the painters and decorators in, that's for certain.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2015, 09:06:11 pm »
not sure what the joke is here,
i know its upsetting to you that our owners are doing something that's not cost effective.

You got a source for the fact that they're paying for it yet Jimmy?

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2015, 09:42:40 pm »
You got a source for the fact that they're paying for it yet Jimmy?

yeah. but its confidential,

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2015, 09:47:29 pm »
yeah. but its confidential,

Of course it is.

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2015, 09:52:28 pm »
Of course it is.

i can pm you if you like

Offline Dreams-and-Songs

• Main Stander
  • The Originals.
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2016, 04:48:00 am »
If they have then good for them.

Care to share your source? You'll appreciate if I don't trust a word you say on here.... Mr Case.

To be honest Craig, it seems like you are losing your head a bit la.

Being cost effective is only one aspect of running a business and there are whole other aspects to improve customer satisfaction. Owners in many cases will spend outside their budgets to satisfy customers as in the long term it benefits all party's and builds up their relationship with key stakeholders.

Some owners of premier league clubs pay for away transport whilst others pay for crappy plastic flags to try to generate atmosphere. This is hardly cost effective. It is absurd that you don't think our owners (after spending millions on the aesthetics of our ground) would not pay a bit more to improve a local pub which in turn makes FSG's business look more appealing whilst also keeping the locals happy.

So no, it is not unreasonable to give a bit back to the local economy. I agree with Rome-77. It's the least we can expect.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 06:51:08 am by Dreams-and-Songs »
They say our days are numbered, we're not famous anymore....

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2016, 12:51:14 pm »
To be honest Craig, it seems like you are losing your head a bit la.

Well thanks for quoting a post from over a year ago to tell me.

Rome-77 was a WUM, continually PMing me to say 'Do you not know who I am?' and then making out he was Jimmy Case. He wasn't. He was just a bit of a head case.

Being cost effective is only one aspect of running a business and there are whole other aspects to improve customer satisfaction. Owners in many cases will spend outside their budgets to satisfy customers as in the long term it benefits all party's and builds up their relationship with key stakeholders.

Some owners of premier league clubs pay for away transport whilst others pay for crappy plastic flags to try to generate atmosphere. This is hardly cost effective. It is absurd that you don't think our owners (after spending millions on the aesthetics of our ground) would not pay a bit more to improve a local pub which in turn makes FSG's business look more appealing whilst also keeping the locals happy.

So no, it is not unreasonable to give a bit back to the local economy. I agree with Rome-77. It's the least we can expect.

You cannot compare owners of a club paying for transport for fans to owners of a club paying for a privately owned business to be done up. The free transport directly benefits the fans via saving money, the lick of paint on the pub makes no effect to fans. It doesn't make their business look any more appealing.

Plus there are much much better ways to spend the money to keep locals happy - that is a LONG LONG way from 'giving back to the local economy' by painting the local boozer.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2016, 03:46:28 pm »
Personally, I'd be happy if they knocked it down.  It was good in there until about 2003-04.  Need to walk quite a bit further out now to find any locals.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!