Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4150925 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #62360 on: February 23, 2020, 12:01:42 pm »
;D

Fordy is a good laugh but I suspect he knows he's trolling us and just does it for a laugh...I hope to God it's like that and he ain't so stupid.

;D love you and kebabs mate

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62361 on: February 23, 2020, 12:02:33 pm »
I’d like to think the former but he thought Charlie Adam was amazing :duh

Hey, don't bring Charlie into this  ;D

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #62362 on: February 23, 2020, 12:06:21 pm »
I said Fury by points or by stoppage beforehand. But the way I saw Fury knocking him out was if Wilder knocked him down early in the round and then gassing with Fury stopping him in the same round.

Anyway that was a comprehensive annihilation by Fury, Wilder must have been in agony with his ear. It’s a bad enough injury without somebody 19.5 stone leaning on you & punching you 50 odd times.

Fury landed more shots than Wilder threw. He also did an exceptional job of closing down the angle of attack.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62363 on: February 23, 2020, 12:08:41 pm »
Piss poor from Wilders trainer about being allowed to ‘go out on his shield’ as well. That’s the sort of shit that leaves boxers hurt permanently, he was getting battered and was literally just waiting to be knocked out.

The bbc report attributes that comment to Wilder rather than his trainer, so it becomes more bravado from a beaten fighter than anything dangerous from a trainer.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62364 on: February 23, 2020, 12:09:05 pm »
Apparently PBC and Arum wanted to get an Undisputed title fight between Wilder and Ruiz before the AJ rematch but it didn't happen because negotiations broke down and now Arum/PBC have no world titles in their stable.  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62365 on: February 23, 2020, 12:17:11 pm »
Arum does have a world champion as he works with Fury.

He promotes Pulev who is due to fight Joshua next so if Wilder doesnt activate the rematch then AJ v Fury should be easy to make.

I dont think Wilder will take the rematch straight away he got a real hammering last night.

I make Fury favourite to beat Joshua but it only takes one punch especially in HW division it has to happen now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62366 on: February 23, 2020, 12:22:15 pm »
Yeah this was more a PBC thing. They wanted to get Wilder/ Ruiz on ASAP before both lost their belts.  The marketing guys at least were on their game.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #62367 on: February 23, 2020, 12:27:37 pm »
The bbc report attributes that comment to Wilder rather than his trainer, so it becomes more bravado from a beaten fighter than anything dangerous from a trainer.

Yeah Wilder said it straight after.

And then his trainer said it, and that he didn’t want the towel thrown in but was over ruled :)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/deontay-wilders-trainer-admits-overruled-21558058.amp
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62368 on: February 23, 2020, 01:31:44 pm »
There really are stupid dickheads on twitter. Apparently Wilder should retire because he lost one fight.  Where as in the past legends have took loss after loss and came back nowadays one loss means you've lost the plot. Floyd Mayweather really has conned a generation of boxing fans into thinking the "0" means something. ;D

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #62369 on: February 23, 2020, 01:45:00 pm »
All hail king Tyson. He really schooled Wilder all fight. Well done lad. The Brits rule the HW division. The American commentary was so bad it felt like they were commentating on a funeral. There is a automatic rematch clause etc and he cannot stand because he got a busted ear. Please tell me there is a UK version of the fight.  Please let the king and his people rejoice and move on to bigger mega fights with AJ.     

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62370 on: February 23, 2020, 01:54:43 pm »
Anyone know where I could find the full match online?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62371 on: February 23, 2020, 02:02:05 pm »
As for the fight, what a performance from Tyson. I thought he would win but didn't think that would happen.  I think only Lusty said we might get a Fury stoppage. So kudos to the fucker for that, the one of the few times he got something right.  ;D

I'm like a stopped clock mate ;D

No mate:

Followed by this response from yourself  ;D

Stop trying to steal my moment mate, we all know you were just copying me!

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62372 on: February 23, 2020, 02:03:47 pm »
Frank Warren rubbing it in.  Takes a few shots at Hearn

https://twitter.com/5liveSport/status/1231564366111264768

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #62373 on: February 23, 2020, 02:09:26 pm »
That was just a one-sided beatdown. Fury talks a big game - bravado comes with the territory in boxing admittedly - but he backs it up time after time. He's a showman, he's an entertainer and he's a brilliant boxer who expect for absolute brutal power has everything you'd want in a heavyweight.

If he maintains his motivation (and I hope for his own wellbeing he does) then I don't see anybody who can beat him over the next two or three years. He's brilliant for the sport. Props to Wilder as well by the way, he had nothing left early on but any suggestion that he quit is unfair IMO.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62374 on: February 23, 2020, 02:15:53 pm »
Arum does have a world champion as he works with Fury.

He promotes Pulev who is due to fight Joshua next so if Wilder doesnt activate the rematch then AJ v Fury should be easy to make.

I dont think Wilder will take the rematch straight away he got a real hammering last night.

I make Fury favourite to beat Joshua but it only takes one punch especially in HW division it has to happen now.

If Wilder doesn't take rematch straight away then Fury isn't fighting AJ.

I thought the rematch had to be taken in the summer? Maybe it had to be all agreed by then.

I think Wilder does take the rematch as the numbers are too big and he has nothing to lose taking it. He's 35 isn't he? He can afford to wait about.

Arum would want Pulev to fight AJ next as he will think AJ is beatable then set up Pulev v Fury.

However, I do feel it will be Wilder v Fury 3 next.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62376 on: February 23, 2020, 02:24:45 pm »

I thought the rematch had to be taken in the summer? Maybe it had to be all agreed by then.

I think Wilder does take the rematch as the numbers are too big and he has nothing to lose taking it. He's 35 isn't he? He can afford to wait about.

Arum would want Pulev to fight AJ next as he will think AJ is beatable then set up Pulev v Fury.

There's no point of Wilder/Fury 3. He got his arse handed to him in both fights against Fury.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62377 on: February 23, 2020, 02:26:14 pm »
Yeah I don't think Wilder takes the rematch. He's been found out.

Best case when things like this happen, the guy who got KO'd wants a couple of confidence boosters before they get back in the title mix.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #62378 on: February 23, 2020, 02:29:46 pm »
There's no point of Wilder/Fury 3. He got his arse handed to him in both fights against Fury.

Wilder has 30 days to trigger the rematch but there is no point as he got schooled in the sweet science regardless of that the fans are saying on boxing scene forum.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62379 on: February 23, 2020, 02:34:16 pm »
He's got a busted ear drum and will need time to rest and recover. That 30 clause I suspect was put in on both sides in case either felt they got screwed over in the fight. In no way can Wilder claim he got screwed over here.  The man got schooled in their first fight and demolished in the second. :D

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62380 on: February 23, 2020, 02:38:19 pm »

I agree he did mate but at 35 where does he go next?

I think he will be believe in his right hand still. However, we know against the best boxer in the division you need more than just a powerful right hand.

He will regret not targeting AJ instead but Fury thinks he will take the rematch and I do.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62381 on: February 23, 2020, 02:41:08 pm »
There's Aj, Whyte, Parker, Ruiz, Usyk, Pulev. The heavyweight division is in a much better shape then it was 10 years ago mate. This isn't the barren land it was in the Wlad/Vitali era.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62382 on: February 23, 2020, 02:46:32 pm »
There's Aj, Whyte, Parker, Ruiz, Usyk, Pulev. The heavyweight division is in a much better shape then it was 10 years ago mate. This isn't the barren land it was in the Wlad/Vitali era.

True but American want a heavyweight champion and the numbers in the Fury fight are too big. 

He's taking the rematch mate. He shouldn't but he will.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62383 on: February 23, 2020, 02:49:57 pm »

If Wilder doesnt activate the fight then no chance does Arum not want AJ v Fury the money is huge.

You might be right Wilder may want the fight it could depend how bad his ear drum is and how he feels.

It is boxing so what I hope happens doesnt mean it will happen !

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #62384 on: February 23, 2020, 02:50:12 pm »
Wilder gets 40% from the purse for a 3rd fight. Based on the fact that both fighters were guaranteed $28 million last night then other than fighting AJ, I don't see how he's going to get a purse anywhere near that if he doesn't take the rematch.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62385 on: February 23, 2020, 02:52:17 pm »
True but American want a heavyweight champion and the numbers in the Fury fight are too big. 

He's taking the rematch mate. He shouldn't but he will.

AJ is probably going to need to drop one of his belts over the next year or so, if Wilder wants to wait then he could probably fight for the vacant belt.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62386 on: February 23, 2020, 02:53:29 pm »
You have to understand this though mate, in everyone eyes bar a few yanks he lost both fights right. In the second he got his arse handed to him so what difference other than a payday would a 3rd fight matter.

The only payday near or bigger than the Fury fight is if he fights AJ and I think that's going to happen now in the next 2 years.  You know how everyone says the aura of invincibility goes after a loss well Wilder has that now. It's up to him to put the hard yards and come back now.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62387 on: February 23, 2020, 03:06:02 pm »
You have to understand this though mate, in everyone eyes bar a few yanks he lost both fights right. In the second he got his arse handed to him so what difference other than a payday would a 3rd fight matter.

The only payday near or bigger than the Fury fight is if he fights AJ and I think that's going to happen now in the next 2 years.  You know how everyone says the aura of invincibility goes after a loss well Wilder has that now. It's up to him to put the hard yards and come back now.

About from 2-4 fights Wilder has mainly fought bums. He got to where he is without really putting in the hard yards and the only reason he targeted Fury was because he was about 30 stone and Fury thought it would be easy.

I just can't see him fighting the likes of Parker, Whyte etc to build himself. Think he takes the money for the rematch and if he loses again he will then build himself up and hope Fury beats AJ as Fury said he's quitting the sport soon and the belts become vacant again.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #62388 on: February 23, 2020, 03:29:04 pm »
There really are stupid dickheads on twitter. Apparently Wilder should retire because he lost one fight.  Where as in the past legends have took loss after loss and came back nowadays one loss means you've lost the plot. Floyd Mayweather really has conned a generation of boxing fans into thinking the "0" means something. ;D
Spot on Samie lad. We heard the same shite when Joshua lost. The Twitter lot must think Ray Robinson was proper shit!
Chayaphon moonsri should retire now. 54-0, better than Floyd 😁
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 03:30:56 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62389 on: February 23, 2020, 03:32:37 pm »
Spot on Samie lad. We heard the same shite when Joshua lost. The Twitter lot must think Ray Robinson was proper shit!
Chayaphon moonsri should retire now. 54-0, better than Floyd 😁

:D ;D

Was it 18 losses or something like that? The man would be called a bum  now.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #62390 on: February 23, 2020, 03:38:03 pm »
:D ;D

Was it 18 losses or something like that? The man would be called a bum  now.
19 and 6 draws, worse than audley Harrison 🤣 etc

Anyway I'm on board the Moonsri is better than Floyd train.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62391 on: February 23, 2020, 03:40:41 pm »
It's easy to remain undefeated, just try to never fight anyone with a pulse. I myself am undefeated, as are the majority in this thread I imagine!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62392 on: February 23, 2020, 03:45:47 pm »
I called you out many times to meet me outside Greggs mate you've declined...I just want to buy you a cheese and onion pastie mate.  ;D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62393 on: February 23, 2020, 03:48:22 pm »
I called you out many times to meet me outside Greggs mate you've declined...I just want to buy you a cheese and onion pastie mate.  ;D

To be honest I think he was afraid you were going to finger him in the doorway rather than fight him ;)

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #62394 on: February 23, 2020, 04:10:46 pm »
Andy Lee bless!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62395 on: February 23, 2020, 04:28:56 pm »
To be honest I think he was afraid you were going to finger him in the doorway rather than fight him ;)

Nah Lusty deserves to be fingered outside somewhere semi posh maybe a gastro pub.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62396 on: February 23, 2020, 04:33:47 pm »

As long as there's a steak bake in it for me mate ;D

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62397 on: February 23, 2020, 05:15:34 pm »
AJ is probably going to need to drop one of his belts over the next year or so, if Wilder wants to wait then he could probably fight for the vacant belt.
If he does drop a belt then it would be good seeing 2 of Whyte, Usyk and Wilder fight for it. Any of those fights would be amazing.

Would be a shame not to see an undisputed Heavyweight fight though. I think Wilder will activate his clause though for one last big payday.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62398 on: February 23, 2020, 05:22:16 pm »
Dillion Whyte was reinstated as the WBC #1 contender and has been for the last 3 years. He's definitely getting a shot at Fury at some point. Homecoming fight perhaps?

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62399 on: February 23, 2020, 05:22:53 pm »
;D

Who was the fella who said Fury within 3 rounds and we all took the piss?

Joshua would be a very different fight and I don't think you'll see Fury come in at that weight. What he did against Wilder was absolutely perfect, but AJ is much heavier than Fury and has a much better jab and better footwork. I think Fury v AJ would be more of a chess match.

For me Joshua has a bog standard straight jab and sometimes a power jab. Fury has a harassing jab that he uses in different ways, sometimes as a distraction, or sometimes to pressure and move his opponent to offset them. I would also say Fury tends to telegraph his jab though with an awkward stutter step.  I think the question is who uses the jab better for what? Fury is better at using the jab to manipulate space between fighters which is what he wants to do. AJ just throws his jab straight and looks for a right cross left hook or uppercut, or to close the distance and clinch or keep his opponent off.

As for footwork they are both clumsy and awkward but Fury uses all angles and planes of motion. AJ goes forward or back.