The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

Momo Sissoko

(1/6) > >>

S:
You know when you’re thinking about the 05/06 season at 1AM? Right, well I was doing that and started thinking about Sissoko’s form that year. We had a very strong team and he was integral part of it. Then just as quickly as he arrived on the scene, his form seemed to leave him and never really came back. Was it the eye injury, and if so what was so bad about it? Or am I misremembering his ability and overstating how good he was?

Red Beret:
I remember saying that if Souness was a midfield  general, then Momo was a tank commander.  I always thought he was excellent for us, but I admittedly never watched him that closely.

I think the eye injury did play a part, but the way he got stuck in with his goggles showed his determination.

Redcap:

--- Quote from: S on June  4, 2021, 01:06:38 am ---You know when you’re thinking about the 05/06 season at 1AM? Right, well I was doing that and started thinking about Sissoko’s form that year. We had a very strong team and he was integral part of it. Then just as quickly as he arrived on the scene, his form seemed to leave him and never really came back. Was it the eye injury, and if so what was so bad about it? Or am I misremembering his ability and overstating how good he was?

--- End quote ---

He was definitely very good. I don't remember him necessarily dropped off significantly. He had a few issues with the eye injury but ultimately we simply replaced him with a heaps better player in Masch.

In terms of his passing ability he wasn't close to being as good and became a bit redundant when we had the Stevie-Xabi-Masch access set up.

If I recall correctly he made a decent impact when he first arrived on the scene at Juve as well, and stayed there for a few seasons.

My sense of it is it's less that he dropped off a cliff and more that his technical limitations meant there were better options for the bigger clubs.

Ravishing Rick Dude:
I can imagine it was a nightmare for the opponents playing against him. I remember him tacking everyone right and left for 90minutes!

I've been a good boy:
His LFC highlight was the goal against Sunderland. I went crazy at that goal (and what a goal it was!) as I was genuinely made up for him. Most definitely a midfield general, in the same mould as Fabinho

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version