Author Topic: Redbird Capital buys stake in Malaga CF  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Redbird Capital buys stake in Malaga CF
« on: May 5, 2021, 10:34:46 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place to put this but since the original Redbird thread was closed and they are part owners of the club thought I would post it.  Mods please feel free to move if needed.

https://twitter.com/mjshrimper/status/1390033411167997958?s=20

RedBird Capital, the US investment firm that has just bought a stake in Liverpool owner Fenway Sports Group, has done the same with Spanish 2nd tier side Malaga. They bought Toulouse last year. Despite the losses, relegation & no salary caps, the Americans keep coming!

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Redbird Capital buys stake in Malaga CF
« Reply #1 on: May 5, 2021, 10:46:45 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place to put this but since the original Redbird thread was closed and they are part owners of the club thought I would post it.  Mods please feel free to move if needed.

https://twitter.com/mjshrimper/status/1390033411167997958?s=20

presumably they thought they had nothing toulouse by investing in another club.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 5, 2021, 10:49:20 pm »
We could have used that money for Mbappe.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3 on: May 5, 2021, 10:51:29 pm »
presumably they thought they had nothing toulouse by investing in another club.

They always remind me of the best punk/new wave name ever. Department S singer, Vaughn Toulouse.  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4 on: May 5, 2021, 10:52:25 pm »
Are Malaga CF still Qatari owned. I know there have been various court cases regarding Abullah Al-Thani and his ownership.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 5, 2021, 10:54:06 pm »
They always remind me of the best punk/new wave name ever. Department S singer, Vaughn Toulouse.  :D

haha brilliant ;D

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: May 5, 2021, 11:22:13 pm »
We could have used that money for Mbappe.

Or Watkins

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7 on: May 5, 2021, 11:28:49 pm »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 6, 2021, 12:10:39 am »
We could have used that money to form a breakaway European Super League.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9 on: May 6, 2021, 12:22:44 am »
Do they negotiate their own tv rights by any chance?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #10 on: May 6, 2021, 12:29:46 am »
Do they negotiate their own tv rights by any chance?

Nope.

Overseas rights are broadcast for free on YouTube and Spanish rights are held by beIN Connect, Orange, Telecable, Telefónica and Sky.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 6, 2021, 12:29:58 am »
Friendlies against Toulouse and Malaga then? Bring back Voronin!

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #12 on: May 6, 2021, 12:44:13 am »
Friendlies against Toulouse and Malaga then? Bring back Voronin!

Hope so two boss cities to visit.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13 on: May 6, 2021, 01:05:58 am »
Nope.

Overseas rights are broadcast for free on YouTube and Spanish rights are held by beIN Connect, Orange, Telecable, Telefónica and Sky.

La Liga too?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #14 on: May 6, 2021, 01:24:18 am »
La Liga too?

Since 16/17 La Liga has had a centralised TV deal. The days of La Liga clubs negotiating their own TV deals are long gone.

If you want to own your own TV rights then you would have to form a breakaway League.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15 on: May 6, 2021, 11:25:29 am »
The whole 'family of clubs' thing always makes me really uneasy, especially seeing it's going to happen with us. I know it won't be as bad as the City group or Red Bull but there's just something grim about it. Modern football I suppose.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 6, 2021, 12:18:40 pm »
Are Malaga CF still Qatari owned. I know there have been various court cases regarding Abullah Al-Thani and his ownership.

According to the Echo, he does still own the club but may be forced to sell.  https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fsg-investors-drop-hint-over-20535228

My guess is that Redbird will step in and look to buy his stake in the club if that does happen.  I'm clearly speculating here but not sure why they would purchase such a small stake in a club other then to look at taking a controlling interest. 

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 6, 2021, 12:26:01 pm »
The whole 'family of clubs' thing always makes me really uneasy, especially seeing it's going to happen with us. I know it won't be as bad as the City group or Red Bull but there's just something grim about it. Modern football I suppose.
I know Redbird have a stake in FSG and therefore us but FSG are still our owners and not them, so don't really think it's close to being like that

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2021, 05:45:56 am »

I’m all for it if it gives us and advantage to be honest.

Would love to see us send younger lads and players we have taken a punt on (like Minamino) sent to these clubs for some game time in strong leagues like La Liga.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 7, 2021, 11:33:55 am »
I’m all for it if it gives us and advantage to be honest.

Would love to see us send younger lads and players we have taken a punt on (like Minamino) sent to these clubs for some game time in strong leagues like La Liga.

A setup like Redbull have with their clubs where players develop at one club and then move on to the stronger club would be ideal for us.  Would keep costs our transfer fees down and provide us with a steady stream of talented players. 

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 7, 2021, 02:18:07 pm »
A setup like Redbull have with their clubs where players develop at one club and then move on to the stronger club would be ideal for us.  Would keep costs our transfer fees down and provide us with a steady stream of talented players.

I would absolutely love this. Wouldn’t even mind being owned by them. We would be top of their pyramid. As long as they don’t try to rename us Liverpool Redbull of course.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #21 on: May 7, 2021, 11:15:28 pm »
Don’t we already belong to the family club, Southampton have been developing our star players for a few years now.... and more to come no doubt.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #22 on: May 8, 2021, 12:52:25 am »
Don’t we already belong to the family club, Southampton have been developing our star players for a few years now.... and more to come no doubt.

We met a nice couple from Southampton whilst we were on holiday in Barbados.

The fella said to me, ''if you ever see Jurgen Klopp out in Liverpool, will you ask him to stop nicking our best players, please?''  :lmao
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.