The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Redbird Capital buys stake in Malaga CF

<< < (4/5) > >>

disgraced cake:
The whole 'family of clubs' thing always makes me really uneasy, especially seeing it's going to happen with us. I know it won't be as bad as the City group or Red Bull but there's just something grim about it. Modern football I suppose.

Suareznumber7:

--- Quote from: Al 666 on May  5, 2021, 10:52:25 pm ---Are Malaga CF still Qatari owned. I know there have been various court cases regarding Abullah Al-Thani and his ownership.

--- End quote ---

According to the Echo, he does still own the club but may be forced to sell.  https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fsg-investors-drop-hint-over-20535228

My guess is that Redbird will step in and look to buy his stake in the club if that does happen.  I'm clearly speculating here but not sure why they would purchase such a small stake in a club other then to look at taking a controlling interest. 

B0151?:

--- Quote from: disgraced cake on May  6, 2021, 11:25:29 am ---The whole 'family of clubs' thing always makes me really uneasy, especially seeing it's going to happen with us. I know it won't be as bad as the City group or Red Bull but there's just something grim about it. Modern football I suppose.

--- End quote ---
I know Redbird have a stake in FSG and therefore us but FSG are still our owners and not them, so don't really think it's close to being like that

Bergersrightwingviews:

--- Quote from: disgraced cake on May  6, 2021, 11:25:29 am ---The whole 'family of clubs' thing always makes me really uneasy, especially seeing it's going to happen with us. I know it won't be as bad as the City group or Red Bull but there's just something grim about it. Modern football I suppose.

--- End quote ---

I’m all for it if it gives us and advantage to be honest.

Would love to see us send younger lads and players we have taken a punt on (like Minamino) sent to these clubs for some game time in strong leagues like La Liga.

Suareznumber7:

--- Quote from: Bergersleftpeg on May  7, 2021, 05:45:56 am ---I’m all for it if it gives us and advantage to be honest.

Would love to see us send younger lads and players we have taken a punt on (like Minamino) sent to these clubs for some game time in strong leagues like La Liga.

--- End quote ---

A setup like Redbull have with their clubs where players develop at one club and then move on to the stronger club would be ideal for us.  Would keep costs our transfer fees down and provide us with a steady stream of talented players. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version