Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1887874 times)

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #11600 on: October 26, 2021, 05:53:51 am »
I have a theory, the nearer he is to Mo, the more explosively dynamic he becomes. He is much more destructive as an attacking force when he starts on the right side of midfield with Mo and Trent than with Robbo and Mane.
Unfortunately for him, Hendo goes to right of midfield whenever Fab is in centre.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #11601 on: October 26, 2021, 06:30:38 am »
In the away changing room after the final whistle, however, Keita was able to rise to his feet and join the celebrations. He had been fortunate. Pogba did not connect with his weight-bearing foot and he was instead bounced out of the way by the impact. Keita had not twisted anything — he did not even leave the ground on crutches. It was not another Harvey Elliott moment. Liverpool expect any bruising to settle down quickly.

https://theathletic.com/2906663/2021/10/26/we-were-expecting-a-tough-game-inside-liverpools-historic-win-over-manchester-united/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11602 on: October 26, 2021, 06:45:06 am »
Nice :)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11603 on: October 26, 2021, 06:52:50 am »
I have a theory, the nearer he is to Mo, the more explosively dynamic he becomes. He is much more destructive as an attacking force when he starts on the right side of midfield with Mo and Trent than with Robbo and Mane.
Unfortunately for him, Hendo goes to right of midfield whenever Fab is in centre.
The right side CM role is much more attacking. It the role where they don't have protect the defense as much. Yea it a 4-3-3 but when they attack it much closer to a 4231 shape with the lcm holding and the right linking playing. Salah generally the high player on the pitch as the striker. it a lopsided 4231 that presses out of 433. It more the 7/10 role then 8.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11604 on: October 26, 2021, 06:54:38 am »
In the away changing room after the final whistle, however, Keita was able to rise to his feet and join the celebrations. He had been fortunate. Pogba did not connect with his weight-bearing foot and he was instead bounced out of the way by the impact. Keita had not twisted anything — he did not even leave the ground on crutches. It was not another Harvey Elliott moment. Liverpool expect any bruising to settle down quickly.

https://theathletic.com/2906663/2021/10/26/we-were-expecting-a-tough-game-inside-liverpools-historic-win-over-manchester-united/
That's a relief.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11605 on: October 26, 2021, 06:55:19 am »
Our left side isn't as good going forwards this season as our right so far.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #11606 on: October 26, 2021, 08:31:46 am »

Great news! The week just gets better and better.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11607 on: October 26, 2021, 08:43:26 am »

Thats because the players on the left are not as good as those on the right.

Offline sushared

• Main Stander
« Reply #11608 on: October 26, 2021, 08:49:33 am »
Beg to differ. i think our left is more solid defensively compared to our right. our opponents are loading the right side heavily  as seen against the game with Brenton and even City. Trent was facing 1:3 situation especially in Brenton game quite often. 

what i am alluding too is that the balance is missing slightly on the right side compared to the left side.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #11609 on: October 26, 2021, 08:50:04 am »
I have been critical of him in the past including the pre-match thread. But I’m going to be honest and say he was really good against United. Just seemed to be everywhere and in on the goals as well.

Great news about the injury! Hopefully he just pushes on now.
YWNA

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11610 on: October 26, 2021, 09:04:07 am »
By the way, just watching it back - on the half hour at that corner, where he volleys it with his laces, I think he's trying to pick out Bobby at the back post rather than shoot you know. Just speculation... but he shapes that way, you know?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11611 on: October 26, 2021, 09:11:22 am »

Thank fuck for that.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11612 on: October 26, 2021, 09:42:42 am »
By the way, just watching it back - on the half hour at that corner, where he volleys it with his laces, I think he's trying to pick out Bobby at the back post rather than shoot you know. Just speculation... but he shapes that way, you know?

bloody hell, that would have been a screamer - double volley

Offline MrBernard

• Kemlynite
  • Don't make me laugh... bitterly.
« Reply #11613 on: October 26, 2021, 10:10:04 am »

That's great news! Thanks for sharing it! Would have been a bad blow. Seems the injuries pile up in the same part of the team this season too.
Forget your beaches and jungles; we're going somewhere where I can read, sit and have a quiet drink.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #11614 on: October 26, 2021, 10:18:18 am »

Nah, we play slanted, you can see it in the heat maps. Mo is nearly always the furthest forward with Mane tucked in
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11615 on: October 26, 2021, 10:30:02 am »
Good to see some of you were worried about me yesterday, unfortunately I have a life and I was away from my computer celebrating a 5-0 win against Man Utd. Unlike some of you bad nerds worrying about my whereabouts whilst on RAWK  ;D

Nerds  ;D

Are you 10?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11616 on: October 26, 2021, 10:32:29 am »

:champ

For a change the victim of a horror tackle may actually be back playing before the perpetrator!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #11617 on: October 26, 2021, 10:37:29 am »
Got a right little hard on for me haven't you?

It's not a vendetta, he hardly plays for the best team in the world and he'll be moved on as soon as his contract runs out and we'll never hear of him again.

I'm not sure where the 'goes the game' shout comes from, do you need to 'go the game' to recognise Naby Keita is nothing but a bit player for Liverpool and that is all he'll ever be? So stick your Nietzsche quotes up your arse and Naby Keita may as well go up there too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11618 on: October 26, 2021, 10:40:25 am »
I wonder if he'll start wearing bigger shin pads now. Got to be the smallest pair of shinpads I've ever seen.

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11619 on: October 26, 2021, 10:57:27 am »

From the same article:

Two days earlier, the rest of Liverpool’s players returned to Kirkby after almost a week away and a few, unlike Salah, were nursing bumps and bruises. Fabinho left the pitch in Madrid holding his knee after colliding with an Atletico defender following a marauding run. It was realised while still in Madrid that he was unlikely to be able to manage another game for seven days.

So hopefully Fab will be back for the weekend.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11620 on: October 26, 2021, 10:57:49 am »

Great news, however tbf, he hasn't exactly been blessed with great healing powers, so even though innocuous, could keep him out for weeks or a month. Definitely hope not and hope he is available soon

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #11621 on: October 26, 2021, 11:16:29 am »
The reality is that it is really hard to play in our midfield. A lot is expected of them, offensively and defensively. With our full backs driving forward, they need to be both tactically aware, quick and able to tackle, block passes etc.
Keita is a brilliant attacking midfield player and has played a big part in some of the teams more impressive performances, including yesterday. But if you make a mistake in that position its obvious. He takes chances dribbling with the ball and he is not afraid to try an incisive pass can create great opportunities but carries a risk.

I think there is still an element of playing him in the right games, but if you balance the scorecard, its overwhelmingly positive having him available in this team.

Good to hear that he is hopefully not out for too long.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11622 on: October 26, 2021, 12:01:02 pm »
Pep says he has a bruise but it's looking good. :D

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11623 on: October 26, 2021, 12:27:26 pm »
Update on all of them from Pep:

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com on Tuesday morning, assistant manager Lijnders said: “Millie felt something, he felt something wasn’t right in his hamstring, a little bit tight.

“Then [Mason] Greenwood made this run and he decides, ‘I need to catch him’ – how Millie is, putting the team always first. And that created a bigger injury in that moment, that run.

“It shows a lot about his character and his will power to put the team first. This [injury] will be until the international break for sure, so it’s a long one. But we will need him in the coming period.

“Naby has a bruise in this moment, we assess it day by day. It’s looking good, so that’s good.

“Fabinho will not be ready for tomorrow’s game, we will assess him day by day still. He can make the game on Saturday hopefully.

“Then we have Thiago as well, who is closer to team training than ever. He will be later in the week with the team training. Probably Brighton comes too early but it’s good that he is back, especially in the situation we are in.”

On the availability of Kelleher, who was absent against United due to illness, Lijnders said: “Not sure, he trained with the team but it seems he had a little setback so he probably will not be involved.”

Online Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11624 on: October 26, 2021, 07:55:58 pm »
Does that mean he's definitely out for the weekend and hopefully back for midweek? Or are we thinking longer than that?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11625 on: October 26, 2021, 08:03:06 pm »
Does that mean he's definitely out for the weekend and hopefully back for midweek? Or are we thinking longer than that?

Personally I'd be reluctant to risk him, but I'm not a physio. It sounds like it's not much worse than a really bad bruise and scrape thank goodness, but he might need to miss a couple of training sessions so perhaps resting him might be for the best, assuming we have someone else available.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11626 on: October 26, 2021, 09:12:54 pm »

https://twitter.com/juza_23/status/1453051952435240963?s=20
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #11627 on: October 26, 2021, 09:48:41 pm »
I wonder if he'll start wearing bigger shin pads now. Got to be the smallest pair of shinpads I've ever seen.

They're not shin pads. They're batteries for his heated socks.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #11628 on: October 26, 2021, 10:32:14 pm »
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #11629 on: October 27, 2021, 12:03:50 am »
and he got shit cos he put mo as his capt in fantasy football... when we played them  :lmao

more importantly tho, great to hear naby only has bruising (i presume surface bruising, cos they dont seem concerned with it)
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11630 on: October 27, 2021, 05:24:33 pm »

If i had his injury record, I'd wear bigger shin pads for sure.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11631 on: October 27, 2021, 05:27:20 pm »
Btw, if you scroll down to the Ben Foster interview - he’s in awe of Mo.

I really like Ben Foster, I think he's a little underrated as a goalkeeper too.

What he said about Mo is one of those stories you hear about those with the personal ambition to be the best - Ronaldo training when he invited Evra round etc - and it shows just how great Salah is at the moment.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11632 on: October 27, 2021, 05:37:44 pm »
Personally I'd be reluctant to risk him, but I'm not a physio. It sounds like it's not much worse than a really bad bruise and scrape thank goodness, but he might need to miss a couple of training sessions so perhaps resting him might be for the best, assuming we have someone else available.

agree 100%.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #11633 on: October 27, 2021, 05:48:11 pm »

that's a great article and a huge relief that Naby is going to be OK
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #11634 on: October 28, 2021, 04:10:59 pm »
Great to see Naby looks like he is escaped unharmed from the challenge.
In terms of injuries, have we got one or two new physios? Expected a bit of a reshuffle after last season but saw no announcements but noticed a couple of new faces on the bench this season. Usually there is something on the website but haven't seen that this time around.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #11635 on: October 28, 2021, 04:48:32 pm »
In training today
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11636 on: October 28, 2021, 05:43:11 pm »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11637 on: October 28, 2021, 05:55:54 pm »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #11638 on: October 28, 2021, 06:19:41 pm »
Bloody hell! Some good news at last.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #11639 on: October 28, 2021, 06:30:57 pm »
I know basically nothing about sports science, but maybe playing more consistently the past month has been good for him.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.