Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1040748 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #15680 on: January 24, 2021, 06:04:00 pm »
In line with the above, the seal has gone to the boot of my mini cooper (58 reg). Asked the garage when I picked it up from the MOT how much it would cost to replace, to which he replied "wouldn't like to guess mate"

Anyone on RAWK know what sort of ballpark I'm looking at, 10s, 100s or 1k plus? Cars only worth 2k so would rather not pump money into it when it'll be dry in a few months anyway

£50 to £60 I'd guess for a genuine part, these sell them for around £40 https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/spares-search.html?makerId=1523&modelId=7996&carId=7071&keyword=boot+seal. Its just a rubber strip, pulls off and then you just push the new seal in place.

I found a video on you tube that shows how to fix a leak where its coming in through the seal on the glass itself, in case its not the seal where the boot closes itself that is leaking. There's another one where its the rear stop light thats leaking

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fS548e-H5L0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fS548e-H5L0</a>
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15681 on: January 28, 2021, 07:46:55 pm »
Just had my monthly credit report and it's saying there was a change to the electoral roll but doesn't say what. 

Anyone know what it might be?

Also says that Admiral Insurance did a search on 21st Jan but I've not been looking for insurance.

Why would they do a search?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15682 on: January 29, 2021, 08:46:53 am »
Just had my monthly credit report and it's saying there was a change to the electoral roll but doesn't say what. 

Anyone know what it might be?

Also says that Admiral Insurance did a search on 21st Jan but I've not been looking for insurance.

Why would they do a search?

I've queried my report before as they said I'd be near the credit limit three times in the last three months (I hadn't been near to 50%).

They didn't really answer but it resolved itself the following month.

Your situation sounds unusual for sure. Are you with admiral?

On the electoral roll, presume you're not living in a house of multiple occupancy?

Definitely worth checking.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15683 on: January 29, 2021, 09:04:49 am »

I've queried my report before as they said I'd be near the credit limit three times in the last three months (I hadn't been near to 50%).

They didn't really answer but it resolved itself the following month.

Your situation sounds unusual for sure. Are you with admiral?

On the electoral roll, presume you're not living in a house of multiple occupancy?

Definitely worth checking.

No I'm not with Admiral for any insurance which is why it's weird.

Electoral roll occupancy hasn't changed in over 10yrs when my daughter moved out. 

The only thing that's changed is that we've paid off our mortgage so the deeds are now in our name rather than the lenders but surely that would be the land registry rather than the electoral roll?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15684 on: January 29, 2021, 09:14:14 am »

Electoral roll occupancy hasn't changed in over 10yrs when my daughter moved out. 

The only thing that's changed is that we've paid off our mortgage so the deeds are now in our name rather than the lenders but surely that would be the land registry rather than the electoral roll?

That's probably triggered that, they could have code in the software that looks for any change in status on the property and the ownership of the house has switched from the building society to you.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15685 on: January 29, 2021, 10:06:57 am »

Was it a soft search or a full search? If it's a soft search it won't affect your report at all, it is only visible to you.

Might still be worth checking with Admiral though.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15686 on: January 29, 2021, 10:23:40 am »
That's probably triggered that, they could have code in the software that looks for any change in status on the property and the ownership of the house has switched from the building society to you.
Cheers Rob.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15687 on: January 29, 2021, 10:25:37 am »
Was it a soft search or a full search? If it's a soft search it won't affect your report at all, it is only visible to you.

I'd still like to know why they did it personally.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15688 on: January 29, 2021, 10:27:03 am »

It was a soft search and I know they show up when I'm renewing my car insurance but that's not till March.

I've just upgraded my phone but not taken insurance or even looked at getting it covered either.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15689 on: January 29, 2021, 10:28:17 am »
I'd still like to know why they did it personally.
Would you query it with the credit agency or with Admiral?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15690 on: January 29, 2021, 10:33:27 am »
It was a soft search and I know they show up when I'm renewing my car insurance but that's not till March.

I've just upgraded my phone but not taken insurance or even looked at getting it covered either.

This is from Experian:

What is a soft credit check?

A soft credit check is an initial look at certain information on your credit report. Companies perform soft searches to decide how successful your application would be without conducting a full examination of your credit history.

Crucially, soft searches aren’t visible to companies – so they have no impact on your credit score or any future credit applications you might make. Only you can see them on your report and it doesn’t matter how many there are.

When you compare credit cards, loans and mortgages with Experian, a soft search will be done on your report. Remember, we’re a credit broker, not a lender†.

Also this:

Fraudulent Inquiries on Your Credit Report

If you determine that an inquiry may have been a result of identity theft, you should notify the business who made the inquiry and contact Experian to dispute the information.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15691 on: January 29, 2021, 10:36:04 am »
Also, these are all subsiduaries of Admiral who might cause the search to appear in Admirals name:

The Parent Company’s subsidiaries are as follows:
Subsidiary    Country of incorporation    Class of shares held    % Ownership    Principal activity
EUI Limited    England and Wales    Ordinary    100%    General insurance intermediary
EUI (France)    Limited England and Wales    Ordinary    100%    General insurance intermediary
Admiral Insurance Company Limited    Limited England and Wales    Ordinary    100%    Insurance Company
Admiral Insurance (Gibraltar) Limited    Gibraltar    Ordinary    100%    Insurance Company
Able Insurance Services Limited    Limited England and Wales    Ordinary    100%    Intermediary
Inspop.com Limited    England and Wales    Ordinary    100%    Internet insurance intermediary
Elephant Insurance Company    United States of America    Ordinary    100%    Insurance Company
Elephant Insurance Services, LLC    United States of America    Ordinary    100%    Insurance intermediary
Rastreator.com    Limited England and Wales    Ordinary    75%    Internet insurance intermediary
Inspop Technologies Private Limited    India    Ordinary    100%    Dormant
Inspop.com (France)    Limited England and Wales    Ordinary    100%    Internet insurance intermediary
Admiral Syndicate Limited    Limited England and Wales    Ordinary    100%    Dormant
Admiral Syndicate Management Limited    England and Wales    Ordinary    100%    Dormant
Admiral Life Limited    England and Wales    Ordinary    100%    Dormant
Bell Direct    Limited England and Wales    Ordinary    100%    Dormant
Confused.com Limited    England and Wales    Ordinary    100%    Dormant
Diamond Motor Insurance Services Limited    England and Wales    Ordinary    100%    Dormant
Elephant Insurance Services Limited    England and Wales    Ordinary    100%    Dormant
Inspop USA LLC    United States of America    Ordinary    78.76%    Internet insurance intermediary
Comparenow.com Insurance Agency LLC    United States of America    Ordinary    78.76%    Internet insurance intermediary
Admiral Law Limited    Limited England and Wales    Ordinary    90%    Law Firm
BDE Law Limited    Limited England and Wales    Ordinary    90%    Law Firm
Preminen Price Comparison Holdings Ltd    England and Wales    Ordinary    50%    Holding Company
Admiral Financial Services Limited    England and Wales    Ordinary    100%    Financial Services
Admiral Europe Compañía de Seguros, S.A.U.    Spain    Ordinary    100%    Insurance Company
Admiral Intermediary Services S.A.U.    Spain    Ordinary    100%    Insurance intermediary

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15692 on: January 29, 2021, 10:38:04 am »

If they use Admiral for phone insurance, you upgrading your phone could have triggered it. I remember when I've changed phones its said they will do a credit check.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15693 on: January 29, 2021, 11:14:06 am »
Also, these are all subsiduaries of Admiral who might cause the search to appear in Admirals name:
It's that first one... EUI

I'll contact them and see what they say.  It's probably something and nothing but then you never know.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #15694 on: February 2, 2021, 03:06:36 pm »
I've been signed off work long term due to cardiac and voice problems and I'll be going on to statutory sick pay soon.

This is is big drop in income, can you claim any help while on statutory? Help with rent, bills etc would obviously help.

Any advice gratefully appreciated.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15695 on: February 2, 2021, 03:16:39 pm »
I've been signed off work long term due to cardiac and voice problems and I'll be going on to statutory sick pay soon.

This is is big drop in income, can you claim any help while on statutory? Help with rent, bills etc would obviously help.

I think any help would come under Universal Credit now.

I'd suspect you would need to apply online on gov.uk.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15696 on: February 2, 2021, 03:17:04 pm »

It was called Disability Living allowance when I was ill, I think its called PIP now, but you can get that yes. I had constrictive pericarditis in 1997-1999 until I had surgery (the lining around my heart got infected by a virus and was killing me) and I was able to claim that. I also got mobility allowance and that all came to about £700 or £800 PM I seem to remember.

There should be a local advice place who you can speak to, as they are c*nts and will try to not give you the money, so you need to lay it on thick, you can only walk to the end of the path, other people need to shop for you, that kind of stuff. My mate got rejected initially, in the rejection the doctor wrote "he is a healthy young man in need of a kidney transplant" :butt

Give these a call https://diverseabilities.org.uk/advice  0300 330 5514  They are based in Poole, so will be able to assist you
« Last Edit: February 2, 2021, 03:34:02 pm by rob1966 »

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15697 on: February 2, 2021, 04:14:35 pm »
Gf’s bro works for a supermarket whilst he’s at college. Think he’s contracted for 2, possibly 3, days a week. So in terms of holiday allowance it’s obviously prorata.

The thing is in the last year due to COVID he’s covered a lot more shifts. Sometimes doing 5 a week so quite a bit more.

Shouldn’t his holiday allowance adjust up based on this additional time he’s worked? Or does it purely go on his contracted hours?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15698 on: February 2, 2021, 04:45:12 pm »
Gf’s bro works for a supermarket whilst he’s at college. Think he’s contracted for 2, possibly 3, days a week. So in terms of holiday allowance it’s obviously prorata.

The thing is in the last year due to COVID he’s covered a lot more shifts. Sometimes doing 5 a week so quite a bit more.

Shouldn’t his holiday allowance adjust up based on this additional time he’s worked? Or does it purely go on his contracted hours?

This is what ACAS have to say:

Overtime, commission and bonus

If you regularly get paid overtime, commission or bonuses, your employer must include these payments in at least 4 weeks of your paid holiday.

Some employers might include overtime, commission and bonus payments in your full 5.6 weeks' paid holiday (statutory annual leave), but they do not have to. This is because the law on overtime, commission and bonus payments being included in holiday pay is based on the EU Working Time Directive, which is 4 weeks' holiday only.

I'm not sure exactly how "regularly" is defined but it sounds like he should be paid holiday based on his average earnings.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #15699 on: February 2, 2021, 05:29:12 pm »
Cheers all, I'll try those people in the morning, Rob.

It's a weight off knowing I should be able to get some help.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15700 on: February 2, 2021, 05:47:55 pm »
This is what ACAS have to say:

I'm not sure exactly how "regularly" is defined but it sounds like he should be paid holiday based on his average earnings.
In my line of work there's always bonuses and commission on top of our basic pay so our weekly holiday pay was calculated at an average of the previous 8wks pay.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15701 on: February 2, 2021, 05:52:07 pm »
Cheers all, I'll try those people in the morning, Rob.

It's a weight off knowing I should be able to get some help.

No probs. They'll make sure you answer the questions correctly so that they cannot knock you back. I could have throttled my Ma as she wouldn't say she couldn't walk any distance, couldn't clean her house etc, even though she was in pain all the time and it was a struggle. They knocked her back because she was too honest

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15702 on: February 2, 2021, 06:06:19 pm »
It’s not really the amount he’s being paid, but more the holiday allowance.

Obv if he works 2/5ths of a normal work week (so 2 days from 5) he’d get 2/5ths of the normal holiday allowance.

However he’s worked quite a lot of his contracted days due to covid as cover for others, and obv for when supermarkets went a bit crazy. So he’s wondering if he allowance should be higher to represent working a lot more hours.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15703 on: February 3, 2021, 07:52:53 am »
It’s not really the amount he’s being paid, but more the holiday allowance.

Obv if he works 2/5ths of a normal work week (so 2 days from 5) he’d get 2/5ths of the normal holiday allowance.

However he’s worked quite a lot of his contracted days due to covid as cover for others, and obv for when supermarkets went a bit crazy. So he’s wondering if he allowance should be higher to represent working a lot more hours.

Id say so. He'll accrue at a certain rate. On a ridiculously easy example (to keep the maths simple) if a FTE gets 26 days a year they are earning 0.5 days for a week worked. If they are working five days a week they'll get 0.1 days for one day worked.

I think for workers with non regular hours you'd then break that down. So if everyone is doing 5 hour days (again it's early) he'd get 0.02 days holiday for one hour worked.

It's absolutely worth the question as I suspect others will be in the same situation.

My girlfriend is currently doing the NHS track and trace outbound calling and it's managed on their shift booking system.

She can see the hours earned (based on the same principle as above) as they pick and choose their own shifts to suit themselves)

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15704 on: February 3, 2021, 08:17:16 am »
That’s what I thought too. From what he’s telling me he’s being given the equivalent pro-rata amount for 2 days a week (I think that’s what he’s contracted for) even though he’s likely to have averaged out at 3 or prob closer to 4 days a week over the year.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15705 on: February 3, 2021, 08:24:45 am »
That’s what I thought too. From what he’s telling me he’s being given the equivalent pro-rata amount for 2 days a week (I think that’s what he’s contracted for) even though he’s likely to have averaged out at 3 or prob closer to 4 days a week over the year.
I've not read it all, but this can't help to have in your back pocket. I guess it's an oversight from someone.

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/holiday-pay-the-basics

There's a link on there about entitlement. Hope he gets it sorted.

« Last Edit: February 3, 2021, 08:27:17 am by red_Mark1980 »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #15706 on: February 20, 2021, 01:23:19 pm »
I can't find a set of Philips Hue A14 colour bulbs at RRP anywhere online. I see jacked up prices but it seems to me that everywhere had a clearance. I can't find any news on a new standard of bulb... anyone able to help find some?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15707 on: February 23, 2021, 10:10:17 am »
My RAWK Favicon on my Chrome toolbar has changed to a shitty generic one

How do I get  the old one back?

cheers

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15708 on: February 23, 2021, 10:12:46 am »

cheers

Prob to do with the server issues as it’s not something you can change I don’t think.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15709 on: February 23, 2021, 10:21:32 am »

cheers

Probably just remove the favourite and re-add it.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15710 on: February 23, 2021, 10:26:17 am »
If I connect to work via the VPN, I can then get on RAWK from Chrome. If I disconnect I get a this site cannot be reached message. I get the same message on my personal laptop and also on my phone, same with wifi on or off. Any suggestions?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15711 on: February 23, 2021, 11:54:08 am »
Prob to do with the server issues as it’s not something you can change I don’t think.

Yeah think your right Craig

When I had my own website I had to set the favicon myself

Not quite at the top of Ben S priorities I expect :)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15712 on: February 23, 2021, 12:37:01 pm »
Need to find a football top for a team in Indonesia called PSM.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #15713 on: February 25, 2021, 04:11:03 pm »
Best way to stretch my Wifi? I've gone and installed a smart light on my wall outside, and the thick brick kitchen wall doesn't let the wifi through from the living room!!!

Thanks

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #15714 on: February 25, 2021, 06:37:42 pm »
Knock a hole in the thick wall.

You're welcome!

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15715 on: February 25, 2021, 07:49:01 pm »
Best way to stretch my Wifi? I've gone and installed a smart light on my wall outside, and the thick brick kitchen wall doesn't let the wifi through from the living room!!!

Thanks

Will a mesh system do the trick?
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #15716 on: February 25, 2021, 10:37:00 pm »
Turns out the bulbs i use act as a mesh over some zeebee system or something, so I really don't understand why it can't find the outdoor light...

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #15717 on: February 26, 2021, 09:42:23 am »
Turns out the bulbs i use act as a mesh over some zeebee system or something, so I really don't understand why it can't find the outdoor light...

not a solution - and hopefully not patronising either - but have you checked that the new smart light is fully functioning?

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #15718 on: February 27, 2021, 01:06:03 pm »
Was Officer Dibble called Officer Dibble because police were nicknamed dibbles, or did the police nickname come from the character?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #15719 on: February 27, 2021, 03:34:26 pm »
Was Officer Dibble called Officer Dibble because police were nicknamed dibbles, or did the police nickname come from the character?

you bastard you had me looking this up on a lovely day like today  :no

both examples site the slang came from the fictional cartoon character

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_police-related_slang_terms#D

see English: dibble3 here

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/dibble
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend