Author Topic: Pre-match: Bournemouth vs Liverpool - Saturday 8th December (12.30pm)  (Read 23382 times)

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Capture" border="0

AFC Bournemouth vs Liverpool

Saturday 8th December 2018
Kick-off: 12.30pm
Venue: Vitality Stadium
Referee: Lee Mason

Bournemouth. Home to old people, deckchairs, two piers, and 7 miles of sandy beaches. It’s the UK town where the Beatles played their most concerts, where the sun shines for 7.7 hours a day, and 30,000 ice creams are sold over a busy weekend. Flake anyone?

I wanted to preview this match not just because I spent 3 great years at University there, but because I’ve admired Bournemouth for a long time - a proper club with proper values, run in the proper way. Some of you may already know the fairytale story of their rise through the divisions, which is a rag to riches story almost unrivaled in world football. However, it’s worth remembering just how improbable it once was that we'd even be playing them in any competition other than the FA cup. In a world of inflated transfer fees, FFP, social media, and the other negative aspects of the game we love, I think this is a story worth repeating.

Originally the Boscombe St Johns Institute Football club in 1890, the club went through various iterations before becoming AFC Bournemouth - a name some suggested was only to ensure they topped the league at the start of each season, and were the first in alphabetical lists of English clubs. They’re nicknamed the cherries, which I was disappointed to find has nothing to do with only fielding a team of virgins, but more linked to their red and black kit and their earliest ground being built next to a cherry orchard. Their modern history also includes a triffic stint in the old second division under a young Harry Redknapp, when they knocked holders Man Utd out of the FA cup with a famous 2-0 home win. However, despite winning promotion to the old second tier in 1987 and some promising signs of a challenge for promotion to the big time, they eventually finished 12th. They were also managed for two seasons by ex-Liverpool assistant manager Sean O’Driscoll, whose rollercoaster ride took them to the playoffs in 2000 (his first season), relegated the next, then followed by playoffs and promotion the season after. However, two seasons later and they’d be relegated, beginning a gradual decline that ended with the club being forced into administration in 2008.

Despite some boardroom reshuffles and investment, the club continued to struggle and quickly went through two managers by Christmas, having started the 2008/9 season with a 17-point deficit awarded by the Football League for going bankrupt. Against this backdrop of financial ruin and chaos, imagine having to win six games just to get past zero points, and becoming a new manager mid-season. Then imagine doing this for your own club, who are 10 points adrift at the bottom of League Two. Relegation from the Football League was looming, and Bournemouth needed a miracle.

Step forward Eddie Howe.

Following the 17-point penalty, they finally reached zero points in early December. Money was so tight the Professional Footballers Association even loaned the club money to ensure players were paid. Stock from the club shop was taken by bailiffs as down payments on outstanding debts, with bills often paid in cash (including the hire of training pitches) as they had no access to credit. Bournemouth were dying, but on New Year's Eve 2008 and with the club 91st in the Football League (and facing relegation and potential liquidation), they named their former defender and 31-year-old Centre of Excellence Manager Howe as their caretaker boss.

Howe was previously on the professional books at Bournemouth for eight years before spells at Portsmouth and Swindon Town. He then re-joined Bournemouth at the start of the 2004/05 campaign and although injury forced his retirement in 2007, he’d already started coaching the reserve team. In late January 2009, he was appointed on a permanent basis, becoming the youngest manager in all four English football divisions (with no first-team managerial experience). They were still 10 points from safety and had been knocked out of the FA Cup by Blyth Spartans of the Conference North. However, respect in the dressing room was never in doubt, and he quickly set about a transformation of every single aspect of the club, from the training facilities and stadium to the mind-set of the players and club staff.

Howe led the League Two club to safety in his first season despite the points deficit, securing football league status in their last home game of the season for an incredible ‘great escape’. The likes of Allardyce and Pulis are often praised for keeping teams up, but never have they done so from a starting position of minus 17 points.

Howe’s first full season in charge brought further success when the Cherries were promoted to League One with two games to spare. Despite Howe temporarily leaving for Burnley, he’d already laid the foundations for Bournemouth to reach the playoffs the following season, narrowly losing out to Huddersfield in a penalty shootout in the final. Howe guided Burnley to 8th and 13th place, before a return to Bournemouth in October 2012 with the team near the bottom of the table. Galvanised once more, Bournemouth pulled away from the relegation places and steadily climbed the table before incredibly clinching 2nd place and automatic promotion to the Championship with an impressive 83 points.

A tenth place finish the following season (their highest ever Football League position) saw them consolidate and ready themselves for the next step in their unlikely journey. The final leap was made in 2014/15 – a season in which they also reached the quarter finals of the League Cup where we beat them 3-1. In only their second full season in the Championship, Howe and his players drew on their previous experiences, hard work, and resolve to put together a season to remember, with 90 points and a 3-0 away win at Charlton securing them the Championship title, and automatic promotion to the Premier League and the top tier of English football for the first time in their history.

Since 2008, Howe has taken the club from 91st place in English football to 7th and a very solid Premier League side, and from playing Chester City to playing Liverpool, Arsenal, and Manchester United. It’s hard to think of any other manager in recent history (or indeed at any time) who has overseen such a dramatic ascent. Fast forward 10 years and the youngest manager in the Football League back in 2008 is now the youngest manager in the Premier League in 2018 – and its longest serving. It is hard to overstate the achievements in Howe's two reigns at Bournemouth, which includes 3 promotions in only six years. The Premier League has witnessed extraordinary performances from smaller clubs before (Leicester being the most recent example), but never over such an extended period or so sustainable.

What's equally impressive is their style of play. An open, attacking, passing game and not a parked bus in sight. The likes of Mourinho should take note on how to build a team, how to get players, fans and the manager (plus the chief exec) working as one, and how to play football that people want to watch. Already this season, Howe has used five different players who appeared regularly for the club during their League One campaign in 2012-13 – impressively keeping pace with each promotion, whilst improving third-tier players into Premier League regulars.

His quotes are almost Shankly-esque in their humbleness and spirit:
‘Those players have been incredible in representing this club, their families and themselves. Every challenge they’ve faced, they’ve overcome and I've been delighted to have been a part of that journey with them. It’s an example of what you can achieve with hard work and discipline, and that you should never put limitations on what you can achieve. If we'd done that at the start, we'd never have even thought about the Championship, let alone the Premier League. But we did it.’

Its no surprise Klopp once called him 'the most exciting manager in the Premier League'. The England managers job (or a bigger club) beckons in the future, but for now he seems to be enjoying himself.

eddiehoweklopp" border="0

All of this achieved on a tight budget, playing at a tiny ground which is the smallest in the Premier League by some distance (as many travelling reds will know). To put things in perspective, their Vitality stadium has a capacity of just 11,329 (the next nearest are Watford with 20,400). Our expanded main stand could accommodate the entire home and away support for the average Bournemouth home match, and still have room for 9,000 more.

It’s these kinds of successes against the odds that for me, make Bournemouth a club to be admired by the neutral. It’s also why its satisfying to see them nearing the half way point of the season sitting above teams like Man Utd, whose revenues of £590m dwarf their £136m, and whose stadium capacity generates £112m per year compared to their miniscule £6m. Two clubs that are clearly at opposite ends of the spectrum in more ways than one. One has the biggest stadium and turnover in the league, and the other has the smallest. One club has a manager, players and fans that are entitled, arrogant, and lazy, and the other a collection of humble grafters, with a spirit and togetherness that many billionaire clubs can only dream of.

We often think of the FA cup for giant-killing, but we need to remember that week in, week out for over 3 seasons, Bournemouth have been the Premier League’s David, battling the proverbial Goliath’s on a regular basis - armed only with a slingshot, whilst having boulders thrown at them by the big boys, who can buy more (and better) players, have bigger stadiums, better facilities, and far bigger chequebooks. Promoted teams Cardiff, Wolves and Fulham already out-earn them significantly by virtue of stadium capacity alone. Their current position is a triumph of moderation over greed, patience over short-termism, and of perseverance in the face of adversity - all of which are core values that our own club holds so dear, both on and off the pitch. Their plans for a new stadium is a great step forward, aimed at making the club even more sustainable and allowing more of their loyal fans to get involved - a significant milestone on their incredible journey.

Their loyal fans certainly haven’t forgotten how far they’ve come, with many recalling games when buckets were passed around the ground to help pay the players, plus Howe’s insistence that players aren't allowed to drive flash cars to the ground and have to get involved in community projects.

Former reds who have played for both clubs include Jamie Redknapp, whose career began at the south coast club aged just 16 after being handed his senior debut by his dad (an absolutely triffic display). Other notable mentions include David James, Jimmy Case, Nigel Spackman, Danny Ings, and Doug Livermore (who many will recall as Roy Evans' assistant in the 90's). Our very own Adam Lallana was also signed for Bournemouth at the tender age of 5 (five!), before his switch to Southampton and (presumably) primary school. One other player I'd never heard of, but had to mention simply due to his comedy name is Ted MacDougall, who despite having never made it beyond our reserves, went on to score an impressive 126 goals in only 165 appearance for the cherries, including 9 in a single FA cup match against Margate - a record that still stands today. More recently we have Jordon Ibe - a talented player that never quite fulfilled his potential here, before joining them for £15m (back in the days when that was a lot of money). Unfortunately he’s cup tied for this match.

Key players: Callum Wilson, Ryan Fraser
Top scorer: Callum Wilson (8 goals)
Likely starting eleven (4-4-2): Begovic, Smith, Cook, Ake, Daniels, Brooks, Lerma, Gosling, Fraser, Wilson, King
Form: LLLLW 

We’ve played Bournemouth 6 times in the Premier League (W4, D1, L1), scoring 14 goals in the process, including the 4-0 and 3-0 wins in 2017/18. They play an open game which suits us and is probably why we’ve enjoyed good results against them in recent seasons. However, we mustn’t forget that dreadful 4-3 in 2016 where we let a 3-1 lead slip in the last 15 minutes (although thankfully our days of defensive collapses appear to be over). Their early season good form took a dive with 4 straight defeats, but they’ve bounced back this week with a win over Huddersfield.

Much has been written about our own season and form, which for me has been characterised by 2 things: a mean defence, and a more pragmatic approach to grind out results when needed. Origi’s last gasp winner was hilarious and wonderful in equal measure but also showed we will fight until the final whistle. Last night's comeback was the sort of game we'd lose or draw in previous seasons, and despite not firing on all cylinders yet, we’ve had an incredible start and there’s every chance we can carry this title fight into May next year.

The back 5 pick themselves, but I think we’ll see changes elsewhere. Personally I’d like to see Wijnaldum, Fabinho and Keita as a midfield 3, or part of a 4-2-3-1, which offers us a good balance of power and guile with defensive cover and attacking threat. Sturridge and Origi have shown they can make a difference with their cameos, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see key players rested as we start to rotate ahead of the busy Christmas schedule.

Top scorer: Salah (7 goals)
Form: DWWWW

I didn't intend for this to sound like a Bournemouth love-in (or to be quite so long – sorry), but I genuinely can’t think of anything about them that’s not to like, and even when they beat us I still had a nagging respect for them for doing so. For me they epitomise the game we all love so much - a local club with a loyal fan base that has stuck to its principles, and that’s been able to rise up the leagues though a combination of great management, astute transfer dealings, togetherness, and sheer hard work. They’re my favourite non-LFC team by some distance.

Except for this weekend when I hope we batter them.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2018, 10:13:39 am by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Re: Pre-match: Bournemouth vs Liverpool - Saturday 8th December (12.30pm)
« Reply #1 on: December 6, 2018, 07:37:51 am »
A toughie coming up here.

A 1-0 win will suffice. 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2 on: December 6, 2018, 07:41:56 am »
Great opening post Keyop. This will be a different kind of challenge for us, looking forward to it. Should we win we go top and then the pressure is immeditely on City. Come on Redmen.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3 on: December 6, 2018, 08:01:28 am »
They're starting to come thick and fast. Like posted above, it's going to be a different challenge but one which I'm sure we'll relish. We've dealt with all manner of sides this season - yard dogs like Burnley, sides that mix their play up and sides that generally like to play football. Bournemouth are probably the 'best of the rest' of those sides that like to play it on the ground. But they're extremely patchy. A quick look at the stats from their game on Tuesday has Huddersfield with 6 shots on target, 9 off target, 68% possession, and 8 corners.  :o Give us that amount of the play and we'll score 3 or 4 minimum.

I'll take any sort of win but there's no reason why we can't cruise to a 2 or 3-0 win here.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: December 6, 2018, 08:09:18 am »
They pose a decent attacking threat unlike Burnley with all due respect to them,through Wilson,King,Fraser and even Brooks.

With them surely attacking us at home i'm hoping that will open some juicy opportunities for Mo Salah&co to counter.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 6, 2018, 08:49:18 am »
Nice OP. I hadn’t known, really, the magnitude of Howe’s achievement in getting them to the PL.

I like the way they play, and Howe’s approach to football in the PL, but I hope we batter them.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 6, 2018, 08:53:51 am »
Difficult to predict this one.

They're a threat going forward but leak plenty at the back so we'll get opportunities.

More changes I think for this one given the shit or bust game on Tuesday although injuries to Gomez is a right bastard. Is Clyne fit or even alive?

Becker
TAA VVD Lovren Robertson
Keith Gini Fabinho
Salah Firmino Mane

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 6, 2018, 09:15:08 am »
Cheers keyop, lovely OP :wave
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8 on: December 6, 2018, 09:22:41 am »
Early kick off after a Wednesday night game isn't ideal.

Can't see this being a tight 1-0/2-0 as I think they have got enough about them to score. Another 3-1 would be great.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 6, 2018, 09:44:14 am »
A massive game. Absolutely any type of win here will do. Get those 3 points on the board and - no matter whether it's a couple of hours or a week - it's city chasing us, rather than us chasing them. Let's see how they like it.

We'll clearly see changes again but I'd imagine Klopp will want his Sunday best ready for Napoli. The great thing about where we seem to be getting is I don't have the foggiest what that means in Midfield, for this or for Napoli. I reckon Mane and Robbo might need a bit more recovery time, and that one of Bobby and Salah will only be on the bench again. But other than VVD and Allison, I couldn't really make a call on many of the players for this one. And that's a good thing.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #10 on: December 6, 2018, 09:53:09 am »
Enjoyable OP mate, nice one. There's definitely a lot to admire and respect about Bournemouth and Eddie Howe. Still hope we destroy them mind ;D

So important to keep our good run going, we have a pair of absolutely massive games after this one and we simply can't afford any slip ups. Would be a huge statement as well if we won and went top before City play Chelsea later on Saturday.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #11 on: December 6, 2018, 09:58:07 am »
No way he can drop Naby.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 6, 2018, 10:01:46 am »
Huddersfield absolutely pummelled these the other night, and they had lost four in a row prior to that. I think they are a team that struggles with fixture congestion more than most because they have no squad depth at all.

The above, together with the fact that we rested a bunch of our players yesterday, suggests that this could be an easier game than it looks on paper.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #13 on: December 6, 2018, 10:03:04 am »
Hate it that we needed to play Bournemouth and their pacy team before Napoli. We should win but that would take out our legs against bigger opposition on Tuesday.

Why couldn't we play some slow shit like United?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 6, 2018, 10:04:48 am »
Great post Keyop, cheers - good to know a bit more about the Cherries
Ted McD:

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 6, 2018, 10:08:48 am »
Great OP, interesting read. As you say, there’s nothing to dislike about Bournemouth. They’ll be battling it out in the second third of the table with the likes of Everton, Leicester and Man Utd, safe from relegation and hoping for a UEFA Cup place. That’s astonishing considering where they were not so long ago and the size of the club. It’s where teams like Newcastle and Villa should be if they got their shit together.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #16 on: December 6, 2018, 10:11:23 am »
Keita has to play, Sturridge deserves another start, he looked really effective at times last night.

Bournemouth have done well, manager seems sound too.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 6, 2018, 10:13:54 am »
Early kick off after a Wednesday night game isn't ideal.

Can't see this being a tight 1-0/2-0 as I think they have got enough about them to score. Another 3-1 would be great.

Better that way as Napoli is a huge game.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #18 on: December 6, 2018, 10:40:48 am »
No way he can drop Naby.

Hah just posted in the Keita thread that he probably should ... if he plays here are you playing him vs Napoli and United ? Because they’re more important / tougher and it’s hard to see how he can go from being injured to starting 4 games in 11 days

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #19 on: December 6, 2018, 10:43:17 am »
Keita has to play, Sturridge deserves another start, he looked really effective at times last night.

Bournemouth have done well, manager seems sound too.
Said in another thread I’d be tempted to go with a similar eleven. I can see the midfield against Napoli being Hendo, Keita and Wij so expecting Fabinho and Milner to feature on Saturday. Moreno kept himself out of the headlines too so maybe he’ll have another start.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #20 on: December 6, 2018, 10:43:48 am »
Please no Firmino as a 10.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
« Reply #21 on: December 6, 2018, 10:47:16 am »
I can see Klopp giving a chance to Solanke for this game.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 6, 2018, 10:48:42 am »

That would be... surprising.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 6, 2018, 10:49:54 am »
Very good OP. Bournemouth are a very likeable team, Howe has done a great job and built a very good side.

4-3-3 and go back to all the usual suspects.

Alisson
Trent
VVD
Lovren
Robbo
Hendo/Fab
Gini
Keita
Mane
Bob
Salah

Bournemouth will provide a threat, they play football and don't use rugby tactics so they could play in to our hands. The midfield will be key in tracking their runners and breaking up their play but as we all know if teams want to play into our hands then that is good for us, the front three will thrive on the space.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #24 on: December 6, 2018, 10:51:43 am »
Better that way as Napoli is a huge game.

Yeah fair point mate - didn't think of that was just looking to the game ahead!

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 6, 2018, 10:53:59 am »
No way he can drop Naby.

No one is getting 'dropped'. We have 2 absolutely massive games in 4 days, followed by the visit of one of our greatest rivals the weekend after. It's not 'dropping' people, it's rotating them so we have a team that competes in every single second of every single game.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 6, 2018, 10:57:34 am »
Great OP
Best start to a league season in the clubs history , keep it going , toughie but a football match rather than what we had at Burnley
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 6, 2018, 10:59:06 am »
I can't. At all.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #28 on: December 6, 2018, 11:04:05 am »
Just win. Please. In whatever way you can, lads. A horrid, boring, scrappy 1-0 through an own goal will do just fine.

Alisson
TAA - Matip - VVD - Robbo
              Fabinho
Keita (HAS to start) - Milner
    Salah - Firmino - Mane

"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #29 on: December 6, 2018, 11:06:28 am »
Thanks OP, I've always found Howe very impressive but was unaware of the magnitude of his achievements with Bournemouth - that's quite something.

We are going to win this though and I'm predicting another barnstorming performance from the soon-to-be -performing-brilliantly-in-most-games Naby Keita. Finding his feet, and what feet they are,.
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #30 on: December 6, 2018, 11:14:02 am »
There will need to be some rotation in the next 3 games.  I expect to see TAA, possibly Loren, Gino and one or two of the forwards back. Excellent OP thanks

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #31 on: December 6, 2018, 11:16:21 am »

Isn't he injured at the moment?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #32 on: December 6, 2018, 11:31:07 am »
Great op, with a well presented history of the growth of the club from grass roots level to the hights of 7th in the PL. Impressive.

I think this is an ideal game for us after the last 2, as they like to play proper football and our side needs to get into the 'flow' as we come to end 2018.

I hope we see us transition into 4th gear in this game and take that into the Napoli game with revving turbos.

Looking forward to the rampaging LFC of last season in this one. 2-0 will do just fine.
Doubters to Believers

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 6, 2018, 11:34:39 am »
Another tough fixture on the road as well and early kick off. Bournemouth will have a go they are not capable of sitting back, they play good football and are decent in transitions. They have a striker who is in top form and have a decent pace on the break.

As pointed out we will have to rotate again. Keita was brillianr but I cant see him starting 4 games in a row (we have Napoli and United to follow)

With Gomez injured this also opens up a spot for Clyne if he gets fit because Trent isnt going to start every game at RB.

Becker

Clyne
Lovren
Van Dijk
Robertson

Fabinho
Milner
Wijnaldum

Salah
Firmino
Mane

Any win will do

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #34 on: December 6, 2018, 11:35:37 am »
Mad respect for Eddie Howe - what he's achieved at Bournemouth is incredible considering the lack of funds and the state the club was when he took the reins.

Still hope we batter these ;D

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #35 on: December 6, 2018, 11:37:14 am »
Now would be a good time to get back to our well trusted 433 and start twatting teams again.

Fab, Naby and Gini with Bobby as false 9 to start playing proper football again and scoring goals for fun. Experiments time is over hopefully and we'll get back to the shape that gives us the best balance. Fab and Naby got a bit of confidence lately with some good performances so the time maybe ripe for us to do what we're built for as a team. Bournemouth is also just the kind of team playing with a style that suits us perfectly.

Let the season really start from here.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #36 on: December 6, 2018, 11:46:44 am »
I'm old...it's being dropped not rotated :P

But yeah guess more useful against Napoli and Utd, turgid as it might be without him

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 6, 2018, 11:59:53 am »
Fabinho
Milner
Wijnaldum

I really hope we don't see this midfield, Bournemouth will harass us high up the pitch, we need someone who can slip through the gaps and help us break forward. Maybe Shaqiri could play here and then miss out against Napoli.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 6, 2018, 12:07:20 pm »
Difficult selection here, if it was at home I'd be tempted to ring the changes again similar to Burnley. Need our strongest 11 firing on all cylinders for Napoli. Get a decent break then from Tues-Sunday evening.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 6, 2018, 12:25:51 pm »

Bournemouth. Where the sun shines for 7.7 hours a day

God I wish this was the case.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"