Author Topic: Where to watch the champs league final  (Read 241318 times)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Where to watch the champs league final
« Reply #1200 on: May 10, 2019, 06:05:37 pm »
Grand central sold oUt now

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1201 on: May 10, 2019, 06:28:10 pm »
Grand central sold oUt now

Got 6 tickets earlier. Was going to leave it to tonight, very glad I didnt now

Anyone watched us there before?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1202 on: May 10, 2019, 06:39:03 pm »
Not sure what it’s like for a final but Beer Engine has plenty of screens and are taking bookings - watched a few games there and always been good. No idea cost (if any) or availability.

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1203 on: May 10, 2019, 07:00:32 pm »
Picked up a couple of tickets for Grand Central as well.

Apparently a load of the places in Baltic Triangle have sold out already. Does anyone know if you'll be able to drink down there pre-game without a ticket? Be good to have a few down there before heading on elsewhere
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1204 on: May 10, 2019, 07:19:21 pm »
Picked up a couple of tickets for Grand Central as well.

Apparently a load of the places in Baltic Triangle have sold out already. Does anyone know if you'll be able to drink down there pre-game without a ticket? Be good to have a few down there before heading on elsewhere

I think a lot of the ticketed events start at like five or earlier. I am sure you can find a couple of places to have a drink. I'm sure if you bring a few tinnies there will be lots of people drinking in the street as well. I am going to drink around town and then probably head down to the Baltic around 6ish.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1205 on: May 10, 2019, 08:07:56 pm »
Got 6 tickets earlier. Was going to leave it to tonight, very glad I didnt now

Anyone watched us there before?

Exactly what I did. I’ve fucked it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 08:10:40 pm by meady1981 »

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1206 on: May 11, 2019, 07:33:34 am »
Can anyone recommend some places in Liverpool to watch this? There will be three of us and my 7 year old lad. Just want to take him somewhere with an atmosphere. Last year at home was really shit and he’s very much wanting to come up to Liverpool.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Stumo

• Kopite
« Reply #1207 on: May 11, 2019, 08:26:23 am »
Liverpool need to review the possibility of screening at Anfield. In fact pressure needs to be put on them so it is shown there. Its a football stadium after all.

There were 40000 plus of us Anfield last year for the screening. Since when have pop bands been more important than our fans. It is the most convenient and safest place for everyone to go. Remember 9000 were in the echo arena last year as well. So 40000 people will either have to watch at home or try to get in already overcrowded pubs and clubs.

Spurs are having a screening in their new stadium for 62000 people. Surely in this day and age it doesn't take 9.days to put up a stage for the music and get the stadium ready. Sort this out Liverpool FC and look after your loyal fans who have followed you and supported you all season.

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #1208 on: May 11, 2019, 08:39:41 am »
I’m stuck in Belfast for a family thing 😠. Any LFC friendly suggestions?
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1209 on: May 11, 2019, 08:46:44 am »
Liverpool need to review the possibility of screening at Anfield. In fact pressure needs to be put on them so it is shown there. Its a football stadium after all.

There were 40000 plus of us Anfield last year for the screening. Since when have pop bands been more important than our fans. It is the most convenient and safest place for everyone to go. Remember 9000 were in the echo arena last year as well. So 40000 people will either have to watch at home or try to get in already overcrowded pubs and clubs.

Spurs are having a screening in their new stadium for 62000 people. Surely in this day and age it doesn't take 9.days to put up a stage for the music and get the stadium ready. Sort this out Liverpool FC and look after your loyal fans who have followed you and supported you all season.

Imagine the scenes.

Spurs with 62k in their stadium watching it.

Liverpool with 9k in the Arena watching it.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1210 on: May 11, 2019, 08:50:59 am »

It’s a massive oversight from the club. They had the forward thinking to book the Arena six months ago, so not sure why they didn’t take this possibility into account when arranging the concerts?

It’s disappointing but really don’t think they can or will go back on it now. Based on the communication that I’ve had with them, they are brief and to the point - we’re not screening it so watch it at home or in the pub. I even asked whether the Kop Bar, Bootroom Cafe, or any of the numerous hospitality lounges will be open like last year and that was a no as well.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1211 on: May 11, 2019, 08:52:33 am »
Camp & Furnace it is.

If I’m not successful in the ballot I’m sorted for the camp & furnace

Was there last year, it was a good atmosphere for what it was!! Obvs rather be in Madrid

Whatever the club offer they’ll probably sell tickets for those who missed out in the ballot first again

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1212 on: May 11, 2019, 09:38:53 am »
Where did these rumours about a screeninng in Stanley Park come from? I'd imaging if anyone was to organise one, they sell 10k tickets instanly.

They have festivals etc all year in the parks, many now with fences and security, why can't they have one for this?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: May 11, 2019, 09:55:36 am »

Pretty much every bar with a TV will be showing it. In the centre of Belfast

The Bot
The Empire
Lavery's

all will be packed full of reds. I'll be going to The Empire. There or the Bot will be best for atmosphere. 

If you're not staying in the centre, there's local bars everywhere that will show it too.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #1214 on: May 11, 2019, 10:03:26 am »
Would love to be in Liverpool for this but it's not looking possible right now. Are there any other Stafford based reds on here that are watching and if so, where are you heading?
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #1215 on: May 11, 2019, 10:41:53 am »
*coughs*

Goodison

*leaves*

;D

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: May 11, 2019, 10:43:26 am »
Where did these rumours about a screeninng in Stanley Park come from? I'd imaging if anyone was to organise one, they sell 10k tickets instanly.

They have festivals etc all year in the parks, many now with fences and security, why can't they have one for this?

Eventbrite are selling tickets for Stanley Park!

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1217 on: May 11, 2019, 10:50:38 am »

Cancelled on their website. Apparently it was double booked.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1218 on: May 11, 2019, 10:59:00 am »

The Bot
The Empire
Lavery's

all will be packed full of reds. I'll be going to The Empire. There or the Bot will be best for atmosphere. 

If you're not staying in the centre, there's local bars everywhere that will show it too.

belfast kop will be running something in the Bot id say, however the first leg of the barca game there were arsenal fans and barca fans at it all celebrating their goals. Not impressed that noone said a thing to them
YNWA

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1219 on: May 11, 2019, 11:38:33 am »
Thought this was a scam and people were advised to avoid it anyway?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #1220 on: May 11, 2019, 12:18:47 pm »

The Bot
The Empire
Lavery's

Nice one. I only ask as I’ve ended up in some dodgy places with some very unfriendly United fans. As I’ll be with my 11 year old, I had to be sure!

belfast kop will be running something in the Bot id say, however the first leg of the barca game there were arsenal fans and barca fans at it all celebrating their goals. Not impressed that noone said a thing to them

I didn’t think of the supporters club, I’ll check that out. Cheers

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1221 on: May 11, 2019, 12:24:59 pm »
*coughs*

Goodison

*leaves*

;D

City have a big stadium....might fill it for once
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: May 11, 2019, 12:34:14 pm »
Grand central is the hall, not the hotel yeah?

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1223 on: May 11, 2019, 12:37:26 pm »
Any serious public space this is going to be shown? Only a 9k arena is crap.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1224 on: May 11, 2019, 12:44:25 pm »
Liverpool set to announce Champions League final screening - but NOT at Anfield

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-set-announce-champions-league-16253199
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #1225 on: May 11, 2019, 01:07:52 pm »
Grand central is the hall, not the hotel yeah?

Is correct mate, Renshaw Street.  Capacity 1200.
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #1226 on: May 11, 2019, 02:40:43 pm »
Looking for back up options if ballot isn't successful. Looking like everywhere is selling up quick!
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: May 11, 2019, 02:59:07 pm »

Who are Belfast Kop? Never heard of them. The Bot doesn't need anything organised. It's always where loads of reds have went. I went there pretty much every single game in the 2000s.
The front bar is the 'Arsenal' bar. Always have their games on in there. As for Mancs, its inevitable there would be a few. Doubt there will be too many of either for the final though given it's both clubs hated rivals playing.
In regards to not being impressed no one said anything to them, maybe you'd have been more suited to a bar on the Falls or Shankhill where people start a fight based on how close together your eyes are.

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #1228 on: May 11, 2019, 03:12:13 pm »

Pretty much anywhere in the city centre should be fine.  Larger venues like Laverys or the Botanic, smaller bars like Ryan’s on Lisburn Road or the Kitchen bar.  There are a few branded Liverpool clubs/bars on the periphery of the city centre but they tend to have their own clientele and I suggest you would be better to leave them to it.
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #1229 on: May 11, 2019, 03:20:22 pm »
Pretty much anywhere in the city centre should be fine.  Larger venues like Laverys or the Botanic, smaller bars like Ryan’s on Lisburn Road or the Kitchen bar.  There are a few branded Liverpool clubs/bars on the periphery of the city centre but they tend to have their own clientele and I suggest you would be better to leave them to it.

Nice one lads, these suggestions are really helpful

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1230 on: May 11, 2019, 03:23:21 pm »
Nice one lads, these suggestions are really helpful

If you want a bit of singing and chanting, dont go to Lavery's. Its shite for that  :D

I see you said you'll be with your lad. You might be best ringing ahead as most places have a 7.30/8pm cut off for under 18s.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 03:26:27 pm by Barneylfc »

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #1231 on: May 11, 2019, 03:32:34 pm »
If you want a bit of singing and chanting, dont go to Lavery's. Its shite for that  :D

I see you said you'll be with your lad. You might be best ringing ahead as most places have a 7.30/8pm cut off for under 18s.

You’re right, I really like the sound of the Empire, Botanic Avenue is always great fun, but they might kick us out at half time...Jesus, can you imagine! 😱

Offline darcy171

• Kopite
« Reply #1232 on: May 11, 2019, 07:18:47 pm »
Not sure what it’s like for a final but Beer Engine has plenty of screens and are taking bookings - watched a few games there and always been good. No idea cost (if any) or availability.

Thanks (and others for suggestions). Got a table booked at Beer Engine. Looks decent!

Craft Minded brewery near the Baltic also look like they’re putting on a decent event with inside/outside screens and lots of good beer/food if people are still looking. Never been but sounded good.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1233 on: May 11, 2019, 07:24:19 pm »
Thanks (and others for suggestions). Got a table booked at Beer Engine. Looks decent!

Craft Minded brewery near the Baltic also look like they’re putting on a decent event with inside/outside screens and lots of good beer/food if people are still looking. Never been but sounded good.

It’s decent in there mate. Food didn’t look too bad either but not had it myself.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1234 on: May 11, 2019, 07:26:49 pm »
That’s a shout, just got a couple of tickets. Cheers darcy  :)

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #1235 on: May 11, 2019, 08:00:50 pm »

Looks decent. Just booked my tickets for there.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1236 on: May 11, 2019, 09:34:27 pm »
Head of Steam on Hanover Street,no tickets just get there early.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1237 on: May 11, 2019, 11:16:07 pm »
Just messaged Craft Minded and Beer Engine to see if children are allowed in. Anyone know already?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 11:19:46 pm by rakey_lfc »
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Where to watch the champs league final
« Reply #1238 on: May 12, 2019, 12:01:48 am »
Just messaged Craft Minded and Beer Engine to see if children are allowed in. Anyone know already?

Craft minded is a no and beer engine allow them (I asked about a 14 year old), but any under 18s will have to leave shortly after the game finishes.

Spurs are screening it at their stadium and will be open to full capacity. Piss take that Liverpool can’t do this at Anfield.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 12:12:31 am by jonnypb »

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1239 on: May 12, 2019, 12:07:44 am »
Anybody off to the Dispensary for this one?

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=309839.0
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"