Author Topic: RAWK Get Together? No, but there's an actual HJC fundraiser! - see page 5.  (Read 38839 times)

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
About 200 reds will be going, hopefully.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
About 200 reds will be going, hopefully.
Saturday nights are always a bit of a pisser for me, otherwise I'd defo be there.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
Saturday nights are always a bit of a pisser for me, otherwise I'd defo be there.

:(    Would be good to have a bevvy soon though. Send J-P a PM to arrange.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Think it's a joke myself, mate. Obviously the dates mightn't be great for some people but still. The enthusiasm from posters has completely evaporated.

Hope the preparations are going well, will be there myself (with J-P ironically) work-willing.

Getting the date sorted well in advance was always going to be tricky, plus it had to coincide with the venue being free on a Sat night & the band being available as well.

Sat 13th was the only date available, then of course you're looking at fixture changes due to a number of reasons ( not just us but our opponents could be involved in cup replays , Europa cup game etc)

I knew if we were involved in the Europa cup last 16 the pompey game due on the sat would be moved to the sun, which wasn't a problem. Didn't think it would be moved to the monday though to be shown on ESPN!

But in saying this the fact we're not playing at all has attracted some people who normally would go  into town after the match etc, obviously  some fans can't make it now cos it's not on a match day, but this was always likely to happen booking the venue 3 months in advance.

Sold or reserved around 110 tickets now, hopefully we'll head towards 200+ in the next couple of weeks, so happy enough with that.

Not having a dig at anyone for not showing an interest in this by the way, each to their own of course, just found it a bit odd that this thread was in full flow when the get together was proposed, but not much interest was shown when it was suggested the HJC night could still be that RAWK get together, and for a great cause into the bargain.

Many thanks of course to those who have shown their support, it's really appreciated !
« Last Edit: March 1, 2010, 01:10:26 am by Alloy »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
Not available on the door then?
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
^^

Sorry, in work at the moment and got to rush these replies, yes tickets will be available on the door, but could be limited if many more people choose to buy / reserve them in advance.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think it's a joke myself, mate. Obviously the dates mightn't be great for some people but still. The enthusiasm from posters has completely evaporated.

Hope the preparations are going well, will be there myself (with J-P ironically) work-willing.

I'd have loved to, but sadly I'd already made arrangements for that weekend.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Bump

(Got our biggest request yet for tickets the other day (15) that's what we're after !)

Offline blurred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I might well be in for this, which'd be good.

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Torres & Gerrard signed jerseys to be won as well, plus Phil Thompson signed 4 items for me today,  a LFC minature casey, big hard back LFC Hall Of Fame book, Event ticket & Justice Call poetry book.

Offline J-PH

• I wanna take you to a Gay Bar, Gay Bar.
  • Legacy Fan
  • www.spiritofshankly.com
Sound

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Sound

See you there !

Getting a signed Fowler jersey today as well to be won, not sure what style etc, describe it later once I get it.

Other great prizes to follow.....watch this space!

Offline blurred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'll definitely be along to this now, Mike, will just have to rock up on the night though. Looking forward to it.

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
I'll definitely be along to this now, Mike, will just have to rock up on the night though. Looking forward to it.

Nice one mate...see you there.

Received that Robbie Fowler signed jersey today, its a home jersey from 1996 with a COA, this was donated by Rigga from this site.

Also Alex from this site sent me a Stevie Gerrard yellow signed captains armband for the auction.

Brilliant items and great gestures from these lads, and I'm sure both items will raise a fair few bob for the HJC.

By the way tickets selling well now, The HJC have virtually sold out there batch of approx 100, and I've sold or reserved around 65, to guarantee a ticket you can still reserve them from me or buy them direct from The Regency now.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 03:44:18 pm by Alloy »

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Signed Rafa shirt now the latest prize to be auctioned (donated by the lads from LFCTV)

This event got another mention in the Echo last night, so nice late bit of publicity there.

Hopefully it'll be a great night, so if you're going, see you there!

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow

That's good news Alloy.  :D

I wont be coming I'm afraid but have a top night!!!!

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
People can have a get together at HJC Night, no match that weekend, fiver for a great night out, nice and central in Old Swan and handy for carrying on into town.

And it's all for a great cause!

Gutted I couldn't make this.  :( 

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Plinkyplonk

• I orinar en las piscinas. HECHO!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cockles
    • Avon Brixham Liverpool Devon Paignton Torquay
I was kinda thinking it would have been good to go, but as it costs me about £100 for a train ticket and I need to come up in April, I was a bit stuck.... from what I can gather it's been a good night though.... which is excellent :D

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
I wonder how much will have been raised.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Well looks likes everyone  had a great time,the place was rocking!

You couldn't move in there, the place was heaving, about 200 people turned up, which was just right for the venue. The way the tables were layed out, it made for a fantastic atmosphere, and you really couldn't sqeeeze any more people in !

Everything went to plan, I set out an approx running order of who was on when etc and thanks to Keith (the compere), the 2 acts and Carl (the D.J) ) those times were near enough met.

Keith also did a brilliant job with the auction and his 'dutch' auction, he kept it going until he got every last penny out of the bidders !

Andrew Coleman was superb, this young fella who is visually impaired, put on a cracking little show with a wide variety of types of music.

The Scottish Scousers, as you'd expect had the dance floor heaving with there choice of footy and non footy songs, with a great disco in between the acts the music was flowing all night.

The reason it all took place of course though was to support the HJC and all they stand for, Steve (Kelly) made one of a few very moving speechs towards the end of the night, I have to admit somebody did make it difficult for him while he was speaking, but Steve said his piece in a restraint and dignified manner, nice one mate (you suit the macca wig by the way!)

Not sure exactly what the auction made, nothing went for much under £200 and predictably the signed Torres jersey made the most dosh at £270 I think, 5 signed jerseys were auctioned all together.

We ended up with tons of great raffle prizes, about 20 odd HJC carrier bags filled with stuff, some of that even signed (the thommo things) plus lots of non footy prizes inc a meal for 2 at the Malmaison Hotel, florist voucher for £50 and a £50 beauty voucher, all kindly donated prizes.

Great of course to see Gerry there (on the mend) Sheila and Kenny all from the HJC, the Celtic lads, who somehow unfurled there massive banner at one stage, to great applause !

A great night it looked was had by all, thanks again to Mottman for all his help, and to everyone else that turned up or supported this event though some other way, big or small, it all helped in making this a really great and very successfull evening.....thanks again.

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
That's brilliant Alloy :D

@gerrardspetal - twitter