Author Topic: Rhian Brewster  (Read 331766 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Rhian Brewster
« on: May 13, 2018, 12:16:32 am »
Gutted if true

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/12/liverpool-consider-reporting-borussia-monchengladbach-illegal/

EDIT: now signed a professional contract with the club until 2023
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 11:14:14 pm by royhendo »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Rhian Brewster, set to leave
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 12:19:24 am »
Why gutted?
If he’s stupid enough to leave then fuck him.
From all accounts the club has bent over backwards to show he’s got a future here ... to be honest beyond what he’s done on the pitch.. odds are he’ll ever be heard from again at the top level

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 12:21:02 am »
Any chance you can paste that mate? I'm getting an ad block thing with the link

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 12:29:02 am »
Any chance you can paste that mate? I'm getting an ad block thing with the link

Liverpool are weighing up whether to report Borussia Monchengladbach for an illegal approach to their 18-year-old striker Rhian Brewster, who now looks certain to join the Bundesliga club at the end of the season.

Brewster, an England Under-17 World Cup winner, has never signed a professional deal at Liverpool but the club have triggered the third year of his scholarship deal which means that he is not currently allowed to speak to other clubs even outside the Premier League. There has also been great interest from Red Bull Leipzig and Liverpool are closely monitoring that situation.

Brewster is held in great regard at Liverpool and is a well-liked member of the first team and Under-23s squad, currently recovering from injury.

He was praised extensively by Jurgen Klopp in his Football Writers’ Association speech in honour of footballer of the year Mohamed Salah, at the ceremony on Thursday night, for the teenager’s stance against the racist abuse he received playing for club and country.

There is also sympathy for those Liverpool youngsters who find themselves up against such formidable competition to break into the first team and acknowledgment that playing in Germany is a much more navigable path to first team action. However, Liverpool will act to protect their own interests this summer when he leaves the club with a clear idea that Brewster has been approached.

Rhian Brewster alongside Mo Salah
Rhian Brewster alongside Mo Salah at the FWA Footballer of the Year Dinner CREDIT: PA
Liverpool have been accused of the same in the past over Virgil Van Dijk, whom they signed form Southampton in January. With Jadon Sancho getting first team games at Borussia Dortmund and Ademola Lookman, on loan from Everton at Leipzig doing the same, there is a realisation for young English talent that they have a new route to becoming established stars.

European clubs are also recognising the high level of the current English youth generations and have spotted an advantage. Their aim is to sign players relatively cheaply for training compensation, ideally before they agree professional terms, develop them in their own first teams and then sell them back to the Premier League.

Manchester City went through a similar process with Dortmund over Sancho and the German club settled on £8 million with the suggestion being that the price was high because English club had complained about their conduct.

Jadon Sancho
Jadon Sancho celebrates his goal against Bayer Leverkusen last month CREDIT: AFP
Brewster could have signed a professional deal when he turned 17 but elected to keep his options open. Originally from Chadwell Heath in Essex, near to West Ham’s training ground, he has consistently taken the best option for his playing career rather than follow the money, leaving Chelsea for Liverpool in 2015. He still lives in academy player accommodation in Liverpool rather than his own house.

He was the top scorer at the Under-17 World Cup finals, won by England last summer and has caught the attention of many clubs across Europe, especially given he is yet to turn professional.

Liverpool have done their best to convince him to sign a deal at the club but are now resigned to losing the player barring a major change of heart. Monchengladbach have had the West Ham teenager Reece Oxford on loan this season.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 12:48:47 am »
Surely in these situations we should be more shrewd, the reality is he needs game time to develop and progress - so okay, if a permanent transfer is what is being driven, lets be smart and ensure a reasonable buy back clause exists so if he tears it up we can have first option at a price predetermined....

If he doesn't make the grade, well we've lost nothing....

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 12:51:56 am »
Surely in these situations we should be more shrewd, the reality is he needs game time to develop and progress - so okay, if a permanent transfer is what is being driven, lets be smart and ensure a reasonable buy back clause exists so if he tears it up we can have first option at a price predetermined....

If he doesn't make the grade, well we've lost nothing....

he's not signed a pro contract with LFC, so they can't put a buy back into anything, he'll be a free agent.

All they can do is try and get Gladbach to pay some money by threatening to report them if they don't.

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 12:55:57 am »
he's not signed a pro contract with LFC, so they can't put a buy back into anything, he'll be a free agent.

All they can do is try and get Gladbach to pay some money by threatening to report them if they don't.

Ahhh well in that case then its a bit short sighted really from ourselves, in so far as we should have had our arm around his shoulder to get him across the line to secure the contract this year if he feel we feel he has potential to make the first team - unless of course this is posturing, if so from an 18 year old he needs to get his feet on the ground.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 12:58:26 am »
Ahhh well in that case then its a bit short sighted really from ourselves, in so far as we should have had our arm around his shoulder to get him across the line to secure the contract this year if he feel he has potential to make the first team - unless of course this is posturing, if so from an 18 year old he needs to get his feet on the ground.

you may want to look back on what LFC and especially Jürgen Klopp has said and done this past season to try and get him to sign, they have gone WELL beyond what they needed to, treated the kid like sodding royalty.

So if he doesn't sign, then so be it, he's either being poorly advised, or is getting an earful of great stories from a couple of his mates in Germany, or has had his head turned by being tapped up and given assurances by Borussia Mönchengladbach, probably a combination of all of it.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 01:03:00 am »
Seeing as he left Chelsea to join us a few years ago for better opportunities this shouldn’t shock us to be honest

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 01:04:45 am »
you may want to look back on what LFC and especially Jürgen Klopp has said and done this past season to try and get him to sign, they have gone WELL beyond what they needed to, treated the kid like sodding royalty.

So if he doesn't sign, then so be it, he's either being poorly advised, or is getting an earful of great stories from a couple of his mates in Germany, or has had his head turned by being tapped up and given assurances by Borussia Mönchengladbach, probably a combination of all of it.

I'll take your word for it - i'm not massively clued up on the young lads if i'm honest.... but absolutely agree, if that's the case.... and we've been looked after him and shown commitment towards him moving forward, the young lad is probably being impetuous and quite possibly being ill advised (bloody agents these days, proper leeching vermin...)

A good sit down chat with the boss one to one, would be my advice.....i'd be very surprised if a young lad could walk out of a room not feeling invigorated having had that audience.

Lets hope he thinks with some maturity and it gets sorted out, he's in a great place to develop....and whilst he'll be chomping at the bit to get playing professional football infront of full crowds, looking at the bigger picture is what he needs to understand.... if hes got the ability, which he clearly believes in himself he does have, he'll get his chance here - patience.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 01:04:47 am »
Ahhh well in that case then its a bit short sighted really from ourselves, in so far as we should have had our arm around his shoulder to get him across the line to secure the contract this year if he feel we feel he has potential to make the first team - unless of course this is posturing, if so from an 18 year old he needs to get his feet on the ground.

We offered him a contract, he refused it.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 01:05:33 am »
I'll take your word for it - i'm not massively clued up on the young lads if i'm honest.... but absolutely agree, if that's the case.... and we've been looked after him and shown commitment towards him moving forward, the young lad is probably being impetuous and quite possibly being ill advised (bloody agents these days, proper leeching vermin...)

A good sit down chat with the boss one to one, would be my advice.....i'd be very surprised if a young lad could walk out of a room not feeling invigorated having had that audience.

Lets hope he thinks with some maturity and it gets sorted out, he's in a great place to develop....and whilst he'll be chomping at the bit to get playing professional football infront of full crowds, looking at the bigger picture is what he needs to understand.... if hes got the ability, which he clearly believes in himself he does have, he'll get his chance here - patience.

The boss has already promised him he would be part of the senior squad so that chat has taken place already

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 01:06:50 am »
That's a lot of energy expended on baseless nonsense.

We've been very proactive in trying to keep him and there's nothing to suggest he's got too big for his boots.  Quite the opposite in fact, as he appears to be looking to leave because he knows the kind of quality he has to get past and feels he'll be able to prove himself more at a smaller club in a less pressurised first team environment.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 01:07:26 am »
Disappointing but understandable from his perspective I suppose. He's likely to get far more first team opportunities elsewhere than he'll get here in the near future.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2018, 01:07:39 am »
The boss has already promised him he would be part of the senior squad so that chat has taken place already

Well lets see what happens, i'm not going to react emotionally to an 18 year old making what on the surface is a poor decision - we've all been 18 and made bad choices.... ultimately it's his career and he'll live by the choices he makes.

Lets hope he takes a step back and evaluates what he has here and the opportunity he has....and doesn't get distracted by the grass being greener only to regret it further down his career.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 01:12:56 am »
Shame that he didn't even give us a chance to give him first team time, he suffered a long-term injury shortly after making a 'breakthrough' in his youth teams. I can understand the desire to leave the country to develop in a foreign league where you're away from the spotlight of our shite media. He is missing the chance to be coached by one of the best in Europe though, and that's his loss. Also a hint of disloyalty for a club/manager who has been so supportive of him following racial abuse on the pitch.

I wouldn't say I'm 'gutted'. He's not done anything for us. I'd rather have players coming through who dream about playing for us, such as Woodburn and Trent. I don't want another Raheem Sterling to come through the ranks then jump for the money as soon as it's an option.

Auf wiedersehen :wave

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 01:16:58 am »
It's disappointing but we're in a great position as a club right now and if certain players don't want to be apart of that then it's their loss.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 01:20:07 am »
Shame that he didn't even give us a chance to give him first team time, he suffered a long-term injury shortly after making a 'breakthrough' in his youth teams. I can understand the desire to leave the country to develop in a foreign league where you're away from the spotlight of our shite media. He is missing the chance to be coached by one of the best in Europe though, and that's his loss. Also a hint of disloyalty for a club/manager who has been so supportive of him following racial abuse on the pitch.

I wouldn't say I'm 'gutted'. He's not done anything for us. I'd rather have players coming through who dream about playing for us, such as Woodburn and Trent. I don't want another Raheem Sterling to come through the ranks then jump for the money as soon as it's an option.

Auf wiedersehen :wave

yeah I'm the same really, not vaguely gutted, cos who knows how it'd pan out! Just dissapointed for him, reckon he's got poor advice down the line, and is maybe a little naive and has had his head easily turned.

Yes it's tough to break through, but if you really are good enough and are a special talent, you will make it.  To give up on this club now, to go to a club in Gladbach, who, despite being a big historical, wonderfully supported club, are not really one of the bright lights of the league at the moment and don't have a progressive coach to learn from, just seems a bit of a waste. 

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2018, 01:26:30 am »
yeah I'm the same really, not vaguely gutted, cos who knows how it'd pan out! Just dissapointed for him, reckon he's got poor advice down the line, and is maybe a little naive and has had his head easily turned.

Yes it's tough to break through, but if you really are good enough and are a special talent, you will make it.  To give up on this club now, to go to a club in Gladbach, who, despite being a big historical, wonderfully supported club, are not really one of the bright lights of the league at the moment and don't have a progressive coach to learn from, just seems a bit of a waste.

If he truly believed he was good enough to start at our club, we've a long history of giving fantastic young strikers a chance, notably Owen and Fowler, recently quality British strikers - who came and ousted players with large reputations...

Perhaps he's doesn't believe he can emulate what the likes of Salah and Bobby are doing.... so his insecurities and desire to carve a professional career are what is driving his thought process.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 01:33:30 am »

Yep. You'll probably know more than most about how well he'd develop at a club like BM. Is it the equivalent of a young German leaving Bayern/Dortmund to play for Everton?

He'll have watched Jadon Sancho's development and been motivated by him. I might be being naive here, but I'm fairly confident that if Klopp approached Sancho to join Liverpool in a year or two, he'd jump at the opportunity. Mane, Firmino and Salah won't be here forever (unfortunately) and we obviously need young blood in the squad. No doubt they'd get minutes too. Imagine if we'd had a Pulisic-type player to rotate with the front three this season.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 01:41:00 am »
Yep. You'll probably know more than most about how well he'd develop at a club like BM. Is it the equivalent of a young German leaving Bayern/Dortmund to play for Everton?

He'll have watched Jadon Sancho's development and been motivated by him. I might be being naive here, but I'm fairly confident that if Klopp approached Sancho to join Liverpool in a year or two, he'd jump at the opportunity. Mane, Firmino and Salah won't be here forever (unfortunately) and we obviously need young blood in the squad. No doubt they'd get minutes too. Imagine if we'd had a Pulisic-type player to rotate with the front three this season.

Gladbach are a bit of a wierd one, cos I wouldn't insult them by comparing them to Everton (:D), but they are a middling club at the moment, but they do have some nice players. But their coach Dieter Hecking is kinda like the equivalent of one of these British coaches who just goes from club to club. Again, I don't want to insult him too much, cos he's way above the likes of Allardyce, Pardew, Hughes etc etc, cos he's actually won something! And he's not a dick :D But he's not a very good coach and is pretty defensive. There are lots of good young coaches about Germany to play for, he's more the old school one.

If he was going to RB Leipzig who will happily play a ton of kids, or Leverkusen, or Hoffenheim, or Schalke, teams with good young progressive, tactically astute coaches, I'd actually think that was pretty cool.

Although I guess it isn't set in stone yet he'll sign for Gladbach so I guess we'll see! But hell, like pointed above, he's already left chelsea for LFC, and now looks to be leaving LFC, he'll likely just use Gladbach if he goes there as a quick stepping stone.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2018, 01:44:36 am »
Gutted if true

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/12/liverpool-consider-reporting-borussia-monchengladbach-illegal/

He's not on the same level as Sancho. The difference becomes very clear when you watch them together for England sides where Sancho looks like a genuine world beater ala Neymar or someone of that ilk. In any case, it's stupid on Brewster's part to go, particularly since he's just returning from a long-term injury.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2018, 01:48:25 am »
Gladbach are a bit of a wierd one, cos I wouldn't insult them by comparing them to Everton (:D), but they are a middling club at the moment, but they do have some nice players. But their coach Dieter Hecking is kinda like the equivalent of one of these British coaches who just goes from club to club. Again, I don't want to insult him too much, cos he's way above the likes of Allardyce, Pardew, Hughes etc etc, cos he's actually won something! And he's not a dick :D But he's not a very good coach and is pretty defensive. There are lots of good young coaches about Germany to play for, he's more the old school one.

If he was going to RB Leipzig who will happily play a ton of kids, or Leverkusen, or Hoffenheim, or Schalke, teams with good young progressive, tactically astute coaches, I'd actually think that was pretty cool.

Although I guess it isn't set in stone yet he'll sign for Gladbach so I guess we'll see! But hell, like pointed above, he's already left chelsea for LFC, and now looks to be leaving LFC, he'll likely just use Gladbach if he goes there as a quick stepping stone.
Interesting, thanks for that. Had a google. Dieter Hecking has a look of Allardyce about him. Odd.

Leipzig certainly makes more sense. Decent track record of developing youngsters over the last couple of years.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2018, 02:09:49 am »
Interesting, thanks for that. Had a google. Dieter Hecking has a look of Allardyce about him. Odd.

Leipzig certainly makes more sense. Decent track record of developing youngsters over the last couple of years.

He looks like Ray Liotta  :D

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2018, 03:08:01 am »
Two examples spring to mind....

Jerome Sinclair thought he would develop better elewhere, has gone into oblivion at Watford.

It was widely reported that Harry Wilson would run down his contract and leave this summer in search of more opportunities. He finally signed a new contract in January, bossed it at Hull on loan and is now surely set for a breakthrough season next year.

What can Brewster lose by signing a new contract here? If he's not getting the opportunities the club clearly feel he is not ready for, go on loan and prove it like Wilson. If you're good enough, you'll be in the first team. Make your own opportunities.

He's clearly looking at Lookman, and a similar loan move would be a smart move.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2018, 07:58:13 am »
With players that essentially scores goals at youth level and nothing else it's hard to gauge how they'll fare when they step up to senior level. Honestly, I think Brewster's game is pretty basic and it's not sour grapes at all. He doesn't seem particularly skilful or even loaded with talent in my opinion. He won the Golden Boot at the U17 World Cup but Victor Osimhen, Souleymane Coulibaly and Daniel Allsopp did so in the past. In that squad he was the 4th best player at best; Sancho, Sessegnon and Foden are levels above him in my opinion. He'd probably get some opportunities at 'Gladbach because their options through the middle are desperate when Raffael is out, but I'm not convinced he'll be a star.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 07:59:59 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2018, 08:07:31 am »
When the Under 17's won the World Cup and turned their shirts around to reveal their names(as shown on picture on the link) then we had a problem. The problem is they thought they had made it and wanted to be known. Them players were never going to wait as they think they're above their station.

I like him as a player, he is a goal scorer and I feel he will stay but if true Klopp has said he wants to make him
Back up forward and he leaves then more fool him really. Maybe, he will have his lights in flashing on his shirt in Germany or something.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2018, 08:10:02 am »
Personally, don't think Brewster is physically ready for first-team football. Good luck to the lad if he chooses to move to Gladbach, but I don't think it'll be easy for him to get much opportunity to play in their first team either.

Think he's been listening to his mate Jadon Sancho too much.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2018, 08:12:14 am »
Good luck to the lad if he doesn’t want to be part of our project.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2018, 08:12:21 am »
Leaving is the right move for him. A better player in Woodburn has barely got any minutes for our first team despite being down to nothing in the front 6.  There's plenty talk of us bringing in more options for the front 3 as well. Youth players at this age should be making a decision based on where they're likely to get the most playing time and I can see why he doesn't think it would be here.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2018, 08:13:59 am »
He'll learn far more staying here and working under Klopp then he ever will at Gladbach. More fool him if he goes really. Physically he isn't ready for it either in my opinion.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2018, 08:14:48 am »
Personally, don't think Brewster is physically ready for first-team football. Good luck to the lad if he chooses to move to Gladbach, but I don't think it'll be easy for him to get much opportunity to play in their first team either.

Think he's been listening to his mate Jadon Sancho too much.
Yes, I think he’s still at least a year too young yet.  I really admire him for wanting first team football ahead of anything, but I think he’s rushing a littl e bit too early here..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2018, 08:16:02 am »
With players that essentially scores goals at youth level and nothing else it's hard to gauge how they'll fare when they step up to senior level. Honestly, I think Brewster's game is pretty basic and it's not sour grapes at all. He doesn't seem particularly skilful or even loaded with talent in my opinion. He won the Golden Boot at the U17 World Cup but Victor Osimhen, Souleymane Coulibaly and Daniel Allsopp did so in the past. In that squad he was the 4th best player at best; Sancho, Sessegnon and Foden are levels above him in my opinion. He'd probably get some opportunities at 'Gladbach because their options through the middle are desperate when Raffael is out, but I'm not convinced he'll be a star.

Maybe he has looked at Foden and Sancho and questioned whether he will get a chance?

Sancho is a brilliant talent who left City and City now have an attacking spot they are looking to fill. Foden again is a top talent and stayed but has hardly played any football at all. I am sure even he will be keeping an eye on City’s recruitment this summer.

Maybe Brewster has seen these top talents and thinks we are the same as them and really will struggle to get games here? For every Trent there is also players like Wilson and Woodburn.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2018, 08:16:20 am »
He has to do what he believes is best for him. Hard to believe that is a transfer to Gladbach though. Surely better to sign a deal with us and go out on loan next season.

Good luck to him whatever he does.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2018, 08:16:24 am »
His last tweet was this :

Rhian Brewster
‏Verified account @RhianBrewster9
May 11

Congrats to Mo on his Footballers Writers Association award last night, not a bad season from him. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Would also like to thank the boss for his support and guidance, it means a lot

Seems a strange way of thanking the boss by asking to leave. ???
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2018, 08:20:41 am »
Maybe he has looked at Foden and Sancho and questioned whether he will get a chance?

Sancho is a brilliant talent who left City and City now have an attacking spot they are looking to fill. Foden again is a top talent and stayed but has hardly played any football at all. I am sure even he will be keeping an eye on City’s recruitment this summer.

Maybe Brewster has seen these top talents and thinks we are the same as them and really will struggle to get games here? For every Trent there is also players like Wilson and Woodburn.

Foden is still 17, Guardiola is looking after him just fine. Not every great young talent needs throwing in the first team and playing relentlessly. Some are more ready for the physical and mental demands than others. Sancho would've got his chance at Man City if he'd stayed, he's got the talent to break through in almost any side.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2018, 08:21:01 am »
Oh well no biggy. Doesn't seem like he's been particularly well advised and is more looking at the likes of Sancho and Lookman who are getting regular games, without recognising that both are a lot further along in their development that he is.

Hopefully he stays because he seems to have a good amount of potential, but its no major loss if he doesn't.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2018, 08:21:49 am »
Who can fathom the mind of an 18 year old eh?

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2018, 08:22:32 am »
His last tweet was this :

Seems a strange way of thanking the boss by asking to leave. ???

Just because he wants to leave doesn't mean he doesn't like or respect Klopp, he just thinks he has more chances elsewhere, and he's probably right.

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2018, 08:23:15 am »

Pretty sure we've done all we can to get him to sign a pro contract but he has decided not to.