Author Topic: Kevin De Bruyne  (Read 18801 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Kevin De Bruyne
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2015, 02:35:06 pm »
No, he was shit, they were all shit. Like shit on a shitty shit stick and we should thank our lucky shit starts that shitty were shitty.

Martin Tyler is that you?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2015, 02:58:47 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2015, 04:31:21 pm »
Thought he was their best player against us, and actually didn't have that bad a game.
He had the highest involvement among City players with 82 touches, and also 4 key passes (also highest) so youve got a fair point.

Personally I'd say Joe Hart was their MOTM though, despite conceding 4; he saved 1v1's with Firmino 3 times and one 1v1 against Benteke to basically keep the score respectable.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2015, 07:06:33 pm »
For me, the last few matches showed that De Bruyne is no Silva. Not as in they are not in the same class, as I rate De Bruyne quite highly. But as in, they are not the same type of players. Silva is definitely more of a playmaker, and ManCity still miss him badly.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2015, 07:59:07 pm »
He's the type of player that would thrive under Klopp, shame he went to Moneybags City though.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2015, 08:25:13 pm »
De Bruyne is a lovely player.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2015, 09:07:59 pm »
He's the type of player that would thrive under Klopp, shame he went to Moneybags City though.

Yep, would have him here in a heat beat. Really is a good player and under the right manager will only get better.

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2015, 12:19:52 pm »
Really is a good player and under the right manager will only get better.
Unfortunately, his manager at the Belgian NT isn't the brightest crayon in the box either.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2015, 12:35:52 pm »
Reminds me of thomas muller in the sense that hes a world class player that isnt very skillful like hazard,messi etc

He just does the simple things very well.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Hologram fan with digital flag 'full members cup runners up 1986'.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2015, 01:29:55 pm »
Reminds me of thomas muller in the sense that hes a world class player that isnt very skillful like hazard,messi etc

It's quite nice to have someone who can take a corner and actually get it into the right area. Even Silva, who can thread a pass through the eye of a needle, struggles with something as simple as that.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2015, 06:23:40 pm »
^ha ha. catch a couple of liverpool corner takers. we'd die for silvas corners.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2015, 07:58:37 pm »
4 goals and 6 assists in 10 games. One of the most creative players in Europe which he actually was statistically last season. Annoyingly good.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2015, 08:07:30 pm »
Can't believe they questioned him earlier in the Gillette Soccer Special programme. Glad he proved them wrong today, great player

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2015, 08:09:07 pm »

Ye, but ginger pubes! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Hologram fan with digital flag 'full members cup runners up 1986'.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2015, 01:23:57 am »
Ye, but ginger pubes! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Please! He's strawberry blonde.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2015, 09:50:04 pm »
Laughable how Mourinho didn't rate him.

::)
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 1, 2015, 09:37:30 pm »
Phenomenal player. Ridiculously good.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 1, 2015, 09:39:33 pm »
9 goals, 6 assists in 19 appearance for City. He's a brilliant player and that £50m spent on him will seem like a bargain in years to come

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #58 on: December 1, 2015, 09:43:52 pm »
Far too good for Chelsea and now far to good for those oil money c*nts.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Achilles Heel

• Son of Thetis and Peleus, King of the Myrmidons. Possibly a hick from the Styx.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #59 on: December 1, 2015, 10:05:24 pm »
9 goals, 6 assists in 19 appearance for City. He's a brilliant player and that £50m spent on him will seem like a bargain in years to come
Its 9 goals and 8 assists i think from 18

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 1, 2015, 10:14:12 pm »
Its 9 goals and 8 assists i think from 18

Even better then, point still stands that he's a top player

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 2, 2015, 12:17:18 am »
He really is a joy to watch on the pitch.  Chelsea are dumb. 

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #62 on: December 2, 2015, 12:18:47 am »
cant remember where i saw a stat, whether it was bbc football or just twitter but he loses the ball. alot. was reminded of this watching him play today as he did lose that ball on occasion. no reason to get upset about a simple fact.

Any luck finding this stat? I think you made up this fact.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #63 on: December 2, 2015, 12:36:36 am »
One of them players that seems to just have space for himself all the time, despite no flashy tricks or anything.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2015, 04:46:30 pm »
Signing of the season for me.

Arsenal fans keep bleating on about Ozil and his assists. This guy is into double figures for goals and assists already in his first season in a new league.

Class act.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2015, 05:09:39 pm »
He really is a joy to watch on the pitch.  Chelsea are dumb.
Mourinho is dumb,any other manager would see the worth of him and Lakaku but not the Special One.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2015, 05:13:13 pm »
Thought I said it in this thread before, but yeah, future candidate for Balon D'or. Awesome player
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2015, 05:15:10 pm »

Arsenal fans keep bleating on about Ozil and his assists. This guy is into double figures for goals and assists already in his first season in a new league.

Class act.

Think it's 10 goals and 10 assists already, even though most have been at home that's some going. Does everything to a high level, no weakness to his offensive game. Heck of a talent

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2015, 06:43:36 pm »
What a game from him yesterday
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2015, 10:15:37 am »

Class act.

We do that partly becuase we had a few years of "what does Ozil do other then all that passing to team-mates and unlocking defences? He is small, odd looking and looks languid ergo he must be lazy and useless".

De Bruyne has done brilliantly in his second season in England, I wish a journalist had asked Jose about whether De Bruyne is the type of player that could have helped his team.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2015, 10:20:15 am »

Class act.

That is 10 and 10 in all competitions.

Ozil has 15 assists in the league alone.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2015, 10:23:17 am »
He cost 56m, he should be the most complete footballer in the league as he is the most expensive one.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2015, 10:24:22 am »
He is great to watch.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2015, 10:26:26 am »
He cost 56m, he should be the most complete footballer in the league as he is the most expensive one.

Inflation has greatly affected prices, Aguero cost about £38m a few years ago, which would be about 60m in today's money. It's like saying Bale should be the most complete player in the World.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2015, 10:28:18 am »
Inflation has greatly affected prices, Aguero cost about £38m a few years ago, which would be about 60m in today's money. It's like saying Bale should be the most complete player in the World.

He should be, or at least thereabouts. Not sure why anyone would argue otherwise.

Thing is, inflation or not, £56 million is still huge fee, and you would expect instant success with that. You're right about Aguero, but if someone paid £60 million for him, they would expect similar stats by now.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2015, 10:30:50 am »
He should be, or at least thereabouts. Not sure why anyone would argue otherwise.

Thing is, inflation or not, £56 million is still huge fee.

I'm not arguing it's not a huge fee, but you have to take into account inflation when discussing 'most expensive'. It's all relative, Ronaldo's £80m fee 7 or 8 years back comparitively is a lot more than the £85m for Bale a couple of seasons ago. Most expensive does not equal best, as some players are simply not for sale

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2015, 10:40:55 am »
De Bruyne looks a brilliant player. Annoying that he's at Man City, but I take a small amount of enjoyment from the fact that Chelsea sold him for £17m 18 months beforehand (then spent most of what they got from him on Salah) ;D

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2015, 10:41:27 am »
I'm not arguing it's not a huge fee, but you have to take into account inflation when discussing 'most expensive'. It's all relative, Ronaldo's £80m fee 7 or 8 years back comparitively is a lot more than the £85m for Bale a couple of seasons ago. Most expensive does not equal best, as some players are simply not for sale

I agree, but no one said he should be the best player in the world. He said he should be the most complete footballer in the league, and that is tricky to argue.

Saying what Aguero's fee would be today is pure guesswork.

He's a fantastic player, and I'm jealous they have him, but I don't think his return is astronomical.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:44:37 am by Tom_B »

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2015, 10:50:48 am »
I agree, but no one said he should be the best player in the world. He said he should be the most complete footballer in the league, and that is tricky to argue.

Saying what Aguero's fee would be today is pure guesswork.

He's a fantastic player, and I'm jealous they have him, but I don't think his return is astronomical.

Well luckily for City they've bought a World class talent. I wouldn't expect him to be the most complete player in the league yet as he's still some way from his peak, a lot of the fee would've been paying for future potential, just like the Sterling fee. I think 10 assists and 10 goals halfway through the season is extremely impressive. Messi and Ronaldo have moved the goalposts on astronomical, but if De Bruyne finished with say 15-20 goals and 20 assists I'd say those numbers are pretty incredible in his first season at Man City
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:54:17 am by Gerry Attrick »

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2015, 10:53:13 am »
He'll be at a El Classico team in 2-3 years if he keeps progressing.