Author Topic: The London Marathon  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Gravy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The London Marathon
« on: April 26, 2012, 12:49:07 pm »
I just got a place in next year's Marathon. Did it a couple of years ago - it took about 4 1/2 days to complete it mind - and looking to vastly improve on my time next year. Really looking forward to doing it again. Was such a buzz last time.

Anyone else on here doing it next year?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: The London Marathon
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 01:21:42 pm »
4 and a half days?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Chinbits

• Has a Purpoise in life
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Factor 3rd Place WINNER
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 01:31:14 pm »
That's a hell of a long time.  Think your target of beating 4 and half days is achievable.
Hold a powerful magnet against your stomach and then run it up your body until it's under your chin.

While wearing your mum's skin as a hat.

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 01:41:40 pm »
I just got a place in next year's Marathon. Did it a couple of years ago - it took about 4 1/2 days to complete it mind - and looking to vastly improve on my time next year. Really looking forward to doing it again. Was such a buzz last time.

Anyone else on here doing it next year?

Shouldn't be too tricky if it took four and a half days! I reckon I could roll round in that time.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 04:25:56 pm »
Why run when you can stroll?

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 04:50:39 pm »
Jesus, did you do a pub crawl whilst doing it?!?
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 04:59:51 pm »
4 and a half days!? :lmao

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 10:38:07 am »
Hi,

I have finally got a place in the London Marathon this year (October). Hoping it all goes ahead as planned. Turning 40 and has always been on the bucket list.

Anyone else running it this year. I've done a half before but that's the furthest I have done.

"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2021, 10:44:54 am »
Hi,

I have finally got a place in the London Marathon this year (October). Hoping it all goes ahead as planned. Turning 40 and has always been on the bucket list.

Anyone else running it this year. I've done a half before but that's the furthest I have done.

Good luck. 4 and a half days is the current RAWK record by the looks of it, so that’s something to aim for.

I’ve done 3 half marathons before but don’t think I could attempt a full one. Good luck!

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2021, 12:26:47 pm »
Good luck. 4 and a half days is the current RAWK record by the looks of it, so that’s something to aim for.

I’ve done 3 half marathons before but don’t think I could attempt a full one. Good luck!

I've done 3 marathons too, but they're called snickers bars now. :lickin
#Sausages

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2021, 12:46:34 pm »
Hi,

a half is a good start base, very good one

i ran the belfast one in may 2016. i start training about early january. up to then the furthest id run was 7 miles. i used the asics website to create a running plan. its just a case of buiiding it up and up and then go into long runs before tapering off a few weeks before

i built up to 10 mile runs, 14, 16, 17 and 21.5. the latter nearly killed me. but if i was doing one again i would get in atleast three 20 mile runs

best of luck
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2021, 11:12:45 pm »
I done it on 2004, the worst part was the few days after, I couldn't hardly walk. Going to bed at night and getting up in the morning was a nightmare, I was almost pleading with the missus to drag a mattress downstairs and let me sleep on the living room floor to avoid using the stairs - enjoy!
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2021, 11:48:18 pm »
Going up and down stairs is torture

I had to take two days off work after. Back and legs fucked. Headaches etc

Offline sameold

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2021, 09:53:13 am »
All being well, I will be there in October...after running the Belfast Marathon two weeks beforehand. Doing it all to raise a few quid for Mencap, a charity close to my heart.

Fingers crossed, it’ll be my 4th and 5th marathons. I broke the 4 hour barrier in my first in Liverpool 10 years ago...I’ll be no where near that this time with my body 10 years older. Injuries take a lot longer to pass these days.

Good luck to all going round.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2021, 10:16:57 am »
I didnt realize they moved that to september though for now i wont be running another one

if i was to run another one it would be dublin. most im doing right now is about 7-8 mile. a half is a possibility but not a full

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2021, 02:12:14 pm »
Three years ago I thought about giving up halfway through London marathon as the weather was unbelievably hot that day.

Really hope it goes ahead as normal this year for you.

The crowds really make this a special one.