Author Topic: Chillies  (Read 49613 times)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chillies
« Reply #360 on: October 13, 2015, 09:03:00 am »
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: October 13, 2015, 10:35:00 am »
I remember in uni some c*nt kept robbing my brown sauce and nobody owned up to it. To smoke out the rat I put Dave's insanity sauce into my HP bottle and mixed it with the brown sauce. That rat came a runnin'

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #362 on: October 13, 2015, 04:12:02 pm »
Hehe, i had some twat stealing my butter at work so i put my stupid hot paste in it. Ill eat it so it wont bother me, he on the other hand... ;)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Online Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #363 on: October 13, 2015, 05:47:52 pm »
Hehe, i had some twat stealing my butter at work so i put my stupid hot paste in it. Ill eat it so it wont bother me, he on the other hand... ;)

Like Last Tango in Paris, sir HF?

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: October 13, 2015, 05:51:39 pm »
More like last time he dare eats my food. He was bright red, head 'tween his knees and almost crying. Thieving twat.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Online Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #365 on: October 13, 2015, 05:56:02 pm »
:)

Offline Robbies Girl

• Main Stander
  • The club
« Reply #366 on: October 13, 2015, 07:10:52 pm »
I'm a chilli fan too, it compliments most of my meals although I don't do scotch bonnets and up whatever that scale is...I'd like to share my top chilli tip I discovered in Mauritius. All the restaurants serve in a small dish as a condiment (with the salt and pepper like) chilli paste. Just wizz your chillis in blender with olive oil and keep in fridge.  Pop a bit on side of your plate to enhance any meal. Can use as an ingredient obviously and will keep in fridge for months in a jar with a good protective layer of the oil on top. Can't go wrong.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #367 on: October 13, 2015, 08:51:33 pm »
I usually use my chillies in curries and the likes

But I recently started putting them in my scrambled eggs in the morning

Delightful
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: October 14, 2015, 01:39:31 am »
Chilies for breakfast? Fuck me that's hardcore.  :D

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #369 on: October 14, 2015, 05:37:12 am »
The strange thing is that many Thais don't like really spicy food. My wife and daughters never eat chillies in meals as they see them more as seasoning. On the other hand I always wolf them down, to their amusement. So after a meal I have a clean plate while theirs always have a pile of chillies on them.

The other thing is that if you watch the egotistical, annoying cooks on British TV they invariably advise you to scrape the seeds out before using them in preparing a meal. I've explained this to my wife and Thai friends and their reaction is always "why don't they just use fewer chillies if they think it's too hot? ". De-seeding chillies is completely unknown in Thailand
True for most Indians as well.

I usually use my chillies in curries and the likes

But I recently started putting them in my scrambled eggs in the morning

Delightful

My favourite omlette: Cheese, fresh green chillies and coriander. Occasionally mushrooms as well.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:39:32 am by Raul. »

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #370 on: October 14, 2015, 07:32:07 am »

Thats how I roll
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: October 17, 2015, 05:59:42 pm »
The Scotch bonnets I've grown are savagely hot.

I reckon I've got about 4/5 pound of them. Need to get busy with them.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #372 on: October 17, 2015, 07:19:16 pm »

Huevos Rancheros is a breakfast dish, basically fried eggs in tortillas with salsa and cilantro and chillies in. It's really good as well.

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #373 on: October 17, 2015, 07:20:14 pm »

Can you grow any sorts of chillies all year round do you know? I bought some jalapeno seeds a year or two back and keep procrastinating with those, would love a jalapeno plant though.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: October 17, 2015, 08:23:21 pm »
Can you grow any sorts of chillies all year round do you know? I bought some jalapeno seeds a year or two back and keep procrastinating with those, would love a jalapeno plant though.

I've got Scotch Bonnet, Peppers, and a few Medusa chilli plants growing at the moment in our conservatory. I'm desperately trying to nurse a couple of Ghost Chilli plants. The Ghost chilli seeds I got have only germinated at 10% success.
If the environment is right, they'll grow anywhere, anytime. I've had a 75% germination rate on all apart from the Ghost. If you google it, the general consensus is that the hotter the chilli, the more the germination rate decreases.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #375 on: October 17, 2015, 08:50:47 pm »
I've got Scotch Bonnet, Peppers, and a few Medusa chilli plants growing at the moment in our conservatory. I'm desperately trying to nurse a couple of Ghost Chilli plants. The Ghost chilli seeds I got have only germinated at 10% success.
If the environment is right, they'll grow anywhere, anytime. I've had a 75% germination rate on all apart from the Ghost. If you google it, the general consensus is that the hotter the chilli, the more the germination rate decreases.

Cheers bud, I'll be doing mine in either the garden or indoors by the window. Are you using any equipment for yours or just daylight?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: October 17, 2015, 09:04:04 pm »
Cheers bud, I'll be doing mine in either the garden or indoors by the window. Are you using any equipment for yours or just daylight?
Since he's moved to Scotland I bet he's forgotten what actual daylight looks like.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: October 17, 2015, 09:07:40 pm »

I just germinate in a cheap propagator sat in the conservatory, then transplant into pots.
The conservatory is south facing, but I'm in Scotland so that probably evens it out. :D

During the summer I stood the plants outside during the day, then brought them in of an evening.

I've just planted some more seeds to see if I can grow through the winter.
Fingers crossed.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #378 on: October 25, 2015, 03:57:36 am »
Can't beat chillies

For the family I cook
Just made nachos
Olive oil in a pan then
Diced onion and diced garlic
Add 3lbs of lean steak mince and cook
Drain all fat
Add salt pepper red cayenne pepper chili cumin paprika
Add ranch beans and cook
Prepare diced Roma tomatoes diced onion freshly squeezed lime and fresh coriander
Dice avocado
Decent cheese, none of that queso cheese shite

Separately for me prepare jalapeños, habanero 2 sliced and green chili, without de seeding any

Add the tortilla chips
Family are happy and I'm really happy as I've got fire on the nachos
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:59:41 am by nuts100 »

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #379 on: October 25, 2015, 11:00:36 am »
Being indian , having chillies with everything comes naturally.

There is the miri wiri , and the peri peri which are both super chillies, as well as red thai chillies.

Anyone like real authentic thai food from the south of the country where it has more fiery side to it will love dishes such as keaug kling
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #380 on: September 2, 2017, 01:38:21 pm »
There's 2 Carolina Reapers staring at me in the kitchen right now. I'm considering how to deal with them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Reaper

It's the sensation of molten lava in my mouth that's making me wary.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #381 on: September 2, 2017, 04:22:37 pm »
There's 2 Carolina Reapers staring at me in the kitchen right now. I'm considering how to deal with them.

Strong stuff Willi.

Got some family that grow those and use them for whole hog roasts and massive pots of chili.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #382 on: September 2, 2017, 05:30:17 pm »

Take one, chop it up and put it into a bottle of oil (veg or olive) and have a chilli oil. That will keep forever to douse on chips, steak, BBQ etc

The other I would either put in a curry, chilli or trick an unsuspecting friend into eating a ''korma'' :P

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: September 2, 2017, 05:56:42 pm »
You can make a Korma "hot" can't you?  I mean just tell the chef to spice it up. or just order a Phal.  :P

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #384 on: September 3, 2017, 02:07:56 pm »
Looks like I'll have to buy a hog.
The bottle of oil is a good idea, thanks.
I don't want to kill any friends although I can think of a few people I would like to 'trick'.
I'll probably have about 10 once ripe. I try a different 'interesting' type each year.
The others, various Jalapeno, Thai, white (this year) Habanero and Cayenne plants are producing way more than I need. I dry and freeze anything I can't use fresh.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: September 10, 2017, 09:52:00 am »
Im now having a stilton, onion , thai finger chillies and scotch bonnet toastie. Bloody amazing.

Offline Willi

• Kopite
« Reply #386 on: September 12, 2017, 06:41:37 pm »
Just read that SHF and it's made me hungry.
Potato soup with chopped spicy sausages and Thai chillies for me tonight

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #387 on: September 16, 2017, 10:04:48 pm »
This thread was started ty CHOPPER.. Where the fuck has he gone ? Used to be on every thread in here.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: September 18, 2017, 11:41:25 am »
Started making my own insanity sauce, obv it can be varied by scaling the amount of chillies used, but as a rough idea, my last batch consisted of about 80 red finger chillies, bake them in the oven for about 10 minutes on a low heat alongside 4 unpeeled cloves of garlic, put the chillies, in  a bowl with 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar, squeeze the garlic in, add a teaspoon or so of dried basil, a teaspoon of salt and a cup of light oil, blend then pour into a squeezy bottle.
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
  • Killing threads and wrecking heads!
« Reply #389 on: September 18, 2017, 11:49:22 am »
Really want so start growing my own and hopefully attempting a few sauces.

Anyone any tips on where to start?

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: September 20, 2017, 10:59:35 am »
Really want so start growing my own and hopefully attempting a few sauces.

Anyone any tips on where to start?

This worked for germination for me:

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/vegging-out/growing-dorset-naga-scotch-bonnet-any-hot-chilli_51876.html

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: September 20, 2017, 11:36:58 am »

If I had them I would chop them very finely take them to work and put it into my bosses sandwich then hide the toilet key so the fucker shits himself. Or make chili oil whatever floats your boat  ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:45:25 am by mkferdy »

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: September 20, 2017, 03:13:58 pm »

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #393 on: September 20, 2017, 05:11:17 pm »
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: September 4, 2019, 05:14:18 pm »
Have 2 lovely ripe peppers on my 'Golden Ghost' Chilli plant in the conservatory.  So Its time to harvest my first peppers of the year.

Apparently these babies hit 1 million heat units on the Scoville scale,  so safe to say i'll be using just 1 of these in a rice dish I've got planned tonight.  Too hot for the missus so it will be going into my portion after I've served hers.

I love the chilli plants when they start bearing fruit and it seems a shame to harvest them. Although, harvesting ripe chillies allows the plant to use its energy to develop new fruits so all good.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #395 on: September 4, 2019, 06:29:18 pm »
Have 2 lovely ripe peppers on my 'Golden Ghost' Chilli plant in the conservatory.  So Its time to harvest my first peppers of the year.

Apparently these babies hit 1 million heat units on the Scoville scale,  so safe to say i'll be using just 1 of these in a rice dish I've got planned tonight.  Too hot for the missus so it will be going into my portion after I've served hers.

I love the chilli plants when they start bearing fruit and it seems a shame to harvest them. Although, harvesting ripe chillies allows the plant to use its energy to develop new fruits so all good.

Buck Pete in the Conservatory with the Knife?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #396 on: September 4, 2019, 08:14:25 pm »

No wanking afterwards unless you like that kind of thing

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #397 on: September 4, 2019, 10:11:24 pm »

Don't forget to wash your hands after getting busy with them.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #398 on: April 25, 2021, 01:13:38 pm »
I have 4 young shoots that have sprouted, 3 from a 'long & hot' variety and sadly, only the one from the 'Ring of Fire' variety(a lot hotter apparently). Big push this year to get back to getting my chillie yields back to the good old days.

Anyone else growing Chillies this year? 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #399 on: April 25, 2021, 01:24:31 pm »
I have 4 young shoots that have sprouted, 3 from a 'long & hot' variety and sadly, only the one from the 'Ring of Fire' variety(a lot hotter apparently). Big push this year to get back to getting my chillie yields back to the good old days.

Anyone else growing Chillies this year?

I do every year!

Have ordered an F1 Medina plug
Gonna get a few more.. basically my hanging baskets are for chillies now  :D