Author Topic: Referee for Saturday  (Read 7864 times)

Offline meursault

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Referee for Saturday
« on: January 9, 2006, 07:51:17 pm »
is Rob Styles

he is hated with a vengeance by us Spurs fans

just wondered what you lot think of him

Offline briggsy

• Legacy Fan
  • ^ cheeks on that!
Re: Referee for Saturday
« Reply #1 on: January 9, 2006, 07:52:38 pm »
excuses already ;D

Offline XabiAlonsoXabi

• GoneBabyGone
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 9, 2006, 07:52:49 pm »
Every ref in the League is absolutely woeful imo, despise Poll, Riley and Rennie more than the rest though

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 9, 2006, 07:56:36 pm »
Quality Styles....

Penalty if you please Rob....

Nice swan,.

Offline meursault

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4 on: January 9, 2006, 08:00:51 pm »
excuses already ;D

Roman's brown envelope might be to our advantage this time

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 9, 2006, 08:01:45 pm »
Styles is a knob. Up there with Steve Bennett!

Mark Clattenburg is the only ref currently in the prem who applies any common sense.

How Graham Poll gets the 'big games' is beyond me. He seems more interested in getting the headlines himself than the game/teams or players.

Urinal is even worse. he looks like he's watching a different game most of the time.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: January 9, 2006, 08:15:02 pm »
Every ref in the League is absolutely woeful imo

That's very harsh. You've been paying too much attention to so-called pundits who are paid to be critical.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #7 on: January 9, 2006, 08:54:53 pm »
Just hope the Fa have the balls to go after collina now he's been forced to retire by the italians

Offline MakeUsDream

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: January 9, 2006, 09:10:05 pm »
Mark Clattenburg is the only ref currently in the prem who applies any common sense.
Is this the same man who did our last two games? He may apply common sense but his overall performance was crap.

Offline Kenny

• Kopite
  • Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent
« Reply #9 on: January 9, 2006, 10:27:05 pm »

Absolutely crap last two games, first he misses the boy Nolan trying to foul Gerrard by diving under his feet at Bolton and then he leaves Carson on at Luton which means he'll probably get in ahead of Reina for the Portsmouth cup tie as well

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #10 on: January 9, 2006, 10:50:55 pm »
He fucked up on the big decisions and was fucking useless at bolton, but he let the luton game flow well I thought.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline GavRef

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: January 9, 2006, 10:55:00 pm »
Why cant we have Howard Webb??

He's up there with the best in this league, and we havent seen him for a long time....

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12 on: January 9, 2006, 10:57:25 pm »
Excellant, is a good ref is old Stylesy. Will keep the game under control and won't let either side get away with too much shit.

Offline AndyP

• Gave his away for an ale.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 9, 2006, 11:25:47 pm »
Just hope the Fa have the balls to go after collina now he's been forced to retire by the italians

Are you serious, do you think the FA would basically admit the standard of reffing is so bad that they would have to go abroad to get them? (even though they admitted there wasn't an Englishman good enough to manage the national team)

Collina was, as you say "forced to resign" because he accepted a sponsorship deal from the same company that sponsors Italy's biggest club i.e Opel.  Imagine Dean, Styles or any of the top refs accepted a deal from O2, Vodafone, Carlsberg or Samsung for example do you reckon there wouldn't be complete uproar, you better believe there bloody would!

Anyway UEFA rules probably prohibit it and I think he was only given special dispensation by the Italian FA to carry on this year as recognition of his service.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #14 on: January 9, 2006, 11:29:44 pm »

Collina was, as you say "forced to resign" because he accepted a sponsorship deal from the same company that sponsors Italy's biggest club i.e Opel. 

I think the forced to resign in inverted comma's is about right. The president of my referee's society is an UEFA match delegate and it's common knowledge that Collina had recognised that his performances this season weren't as good as they used to be, so instead of continuing and making a fool out of himself he decided to gracefully retire and be remember as one of the best refs of all time. A bit of inside info for you there :)

Offline johnno918

• Kopite
« Reply #15 on: January 9, 2006, 11:30:10 pm »
Mark Clattenburg is the best ref in the country imo

Offline GingerRed

• Legacy Fan
  • 'There's no Mancs in 'ere lads!'
« Reply #16 on: January 9, 2006, 11:53:29 pm »
Bollocks to that Battenburg fella. I reckon he's no better than the rest of the twats.
Da Dang

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 02:33:23 am »

My humble opinion of the domed one is that he was a marquee ref who got attention cos he looked weird and got credit for staring down players without having to send 'em off.  But in general he gave the easy decision all the time - bought every dive, gave the obvious, etc. right or wrong, and NEVER let games flow.  Never impressed whenever he reffed the reds or any other games I saw him in.

Refs this season appear to be getting better now that the start of season madness is over - with the obvious exception of Rennie.  Clattenburg got the big - and obvious - decisions wrong on Saturday, but let the game flow and never affected the result more than the players (unless you are going to be pedantic and say the potential sendings off affected the outcome - but really would have been one for one for consistency).

Poll is better than he used to be and does like the attention, but controls the games he refs and lets them flow more than he used to.

Rob Styles - weak. (Mostly a homer to  ;))
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006, 02:49:48 am »
Mark Clattenburg is the best ref in the country imo

Doesn't have an ego as big as the others, but gawd it was an awful con job when carson was fouled yet he gave a pen to luton

Offline JoshBeedhamthered

• Kemlynite
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2006, 05:03:12 am »
At least Robert Hoyzer isnt the ref!

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2006, 05:31:36 am »
Doesn't have an ego as big as the others, but gawd it was an awful con job when carson was fouled yet he gave a pen to luton

Took video replay before half of us knew that so I wouldn't go overboard and yes he did have a stinker in the Bolton game but he did from there side as well and he's only human. Does stand out as a good ref who lets the game flow the majority of the time. Howard Webb is another one who knows his job and trys to let the game flow.
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 08:23:21 am »
Why cant we have Howard Webb??

He's up there with the best in this league, and we havent seen him for a long time....

Agreed.

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2006, 08:40:54 am »
Took a third camera angle to see that though, no ref in the world would have been able to see that. Overall though I thought Battenburg was poor for both the bolton and the luton game. Especially in the bolton game where he fell for every trick dive and cheat bolton tried.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2006, 09:10:11 am »

He could do the Anfield Derby eh?
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.