Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 440043 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #4000 on: December 2, 2013, 05:55:23 pm »
can anyone help me find out what app this is? Was on the train the other day and this couple were playing a game on there phone. It was abit like articulate.

Word on the phone, you point the phone to someone else and they have to describe it to you and you have to guess the word. when you shake the phone it changes to another word.

any idea?
Taboo, Catch Phrase, Word Party?

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #4001 on: December 2, 2013, 06:03:26 pm »
I'm sure I'm waaaay late on this, but Candy Crush truly is fuckin brilliant. In all it's mainstream, luck based glory it's still a whole lot of fun. That added to the fact that they are always updating the game and there are loads of different mechanics have quickly made it my number one game.

Wasted so much time over the past year playing this. Keep binge playing now as keep getting frustrated by the harder levels so I give up for a week or two then end up going back on it for a week or two. I am on level 208 and have been stuck on this for 4 weeks now :D :D :D
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #4002 on: December 3, 2013, 12:32:15 am »
The Whatsapp app for IOS 7 has finally been updated. The design is very slick but god knows why its took so long to be released.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4003 on: December 3, 2013, 09:44:53 pm »
New update:

Total conquest is updated.

My bear in the woods is now wearing a scarf and ear muffs and it is snowing.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4004 on: December 3, 2013, 10:02:09 pm »

He must be constipated.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline aaronaldo

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #4005 on: December 3, 2013, 11:15:58 pm »
Taboo, Catch Phrase, Word Party?

don't think it's any of those pal. thanks anyway

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #4006 on: December 4, 2013, 01:16:43 am »
Wasted so much time over the past year playing this. Keep binge playing now as keep getting frustrated by the harder levels so I give up for a week or two then end up going back on it for a week or two. I am on level 208 and have been stuck on this for 4 weeks now :D :D :D
Can picture that being me sooner than later  ;D Can be really challenging at times, and some of the player generated stats that have come out about it  :o
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4007 on: December 4, 2013, 03:51:52 pm »
New update:

Total conquest is updated.

do you have snowmen?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4008 on: December 4, 2013, 05:19:52 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4009 on: December 5, 2013, 09:23:28 am »
can anyone help me find out what app this is? Was on the train the other day and this couple were playing a game on there phone. It was abit like articulate.

Word on the phone, you point the phone to someone else and they have to describe it to you and you have to guess the word. when you shake the phone it changes to another word.

any idea?

Was it heads up?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heads-up!/id623592465
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline aaronaldo

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #4011 on: December 5, 2013, 12:53:29 pm »
ipod Touch 5th Gen.... mate wants one for his daughter & knows zero about em....  :o

I'm non to gen'd up on the too, to be honest .. so any quick pointers... cheap offers... best place to shop for them etc.. (are they around £200 for 16/32 Gb)

Thanks in advance for any help.....  ::)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #4012 on: December 6, 2013, 05:25:42 am »
Just thought that you all should know, FIFA has just released an official app called, creatively, "FIFA Official App"  ;)

Apparently offers some kind of coverage on the WC draws tomorrow. It's more than just some app that they've thrown out for the draw tomorrow though, it apparently offers Football news, lives scores for many many clubs and all nations and access to FIFA rankings. It actually seems like a good little app, have it set to show scores for Germany, USA, England, Liverpool and the Sounders and got all that set up in under 5 minutes. Still will probably be sticking to Live Score Addicts (if you haven't already gotten it, I HIGHLY recommend it) for live scores, but this FIFA app is interesting at the least. Will be interesting to see if they just end up abandoning it after a few months or if they stick with it, because it certainly has potential.

Offline carl5363

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4013 on: December 6, 2013, 02:15:01 pm »
Just thought that you all should know, FIFA has just released an official app called, creatively, "FIFA Official App"  ;)

Apparently offers some kind of coverage on the WC draws tomorrow. It's more than just some app that they've thrown out for the draw tomorrow though, it apparently offers Football news, lives scores for many many clubs and all nations and access to FIFA rankings. It actually seems like a good little app, have it set to show scores for Germany, USA, England, Liverpool and the Sounders and got all that set up in under 5 minutes. Still will probably be sticking to Live Score Addicts (if you haven't already gotten it, I HIGHLY recommend it) for live scores, but this FIFA app is interesting at the least. Will be interesting to see if they just end up abandoning it after a few months or if they stick with it, because it certainly has potential.

Cheers for this, loving it.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4014 on: December 6, 2013, 09:03:02 pm »
Want a iPad to watch Sky Go, surf the net and play the odd app.

Would a mini suffice or is a normal one better for watching footie?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4015 on: December 6, 2013, 09:57:22 pm »
Get the bigger one if you can.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4016 on: December 6, 2013, 09:59:36 pm »
Cheers for this, loving it.

I also recommend Eurosport Live Score app. Recently updated it all and it's not brilliant and very easy to navigate.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4017 on: December 8, 2013, 12:00:52 am »
Has anyone bought a replacement screen (digitizer) off one of the sellers on eBay? Is it worth it or is it money down the drain?
« Last Edit: December 8, 2013, 12:06:42 am by scoresagain »

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #4018 on: December 8, 2013, 11:28:06 am »
I have. Got mine from amazon though. As long as you know what you're doing it's a very simple job.

Offline francobones

• Main Stander
« Reply #4019 on: December 8, 2013, 01:15:11 pm »
Buy the full digitizer/LCD assembly as it's as simple as undoing 2 screws, removing screen and attaching 3 connectors, otherwise a digitizer only replacement is a ball ache it costs a bit more, about 20 quid but worth it

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4020 on: December 8, 2013, 05:30:19 pm »
Ticket To Ride on the iPad. Thank me later.

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #4021 on: December 9, 2013, 06:33:15 pm »
Evening techies of RAWK.

The wife and I have just got our first piece of Apple kit and to be honest I don't really know where to start. Aside from the usual Facebook, Twitter etc what other apps should we get? Obviously we'll have some non iTunes content which we would to put on so an app for that would be great.

Nice one!
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4022 on: December 9, 2013, 06:35:16 pm »
Evening techies of RAWK.

The wife and I have just got our first piece of Apple kit and to be honest I don't really know where to start. Aside from the usual Facebook, Twitter etc what other apps should we get? Obviously we'll have some non iTunes content which we would to put on so an app for that would be great.

Nice one!
Download pages, keynote, iPhoto, and iMovie for free (if your device is new).
All good bits of software.

TV catchup is well worth it, and skygo if you have sky.

Iplayee app too
« Last Edit: December 9, 2013, 06:36:52 pm by Sleighbells »
W

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #4023 on: December 9, 2013, 06:39:18 pm »
Ok, i would like to flash my other halfs iphone4. The new update fucked its Wi-Fi up. Whats the easiest way?
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4024 on: December 9, 2013, 06:44:44 pm »
TV catchup is well worth it

Thats shite now to be honest, was once good but hardly got any channels since it lost the court case.

If you have Sky then Sky Go and the Sky Remote app are great. Zeebox is a good TV Guide.

If you read a lot of blogs then Feedly is a great reader.

If you aren't a fan of the offy Twitter app (I'm not) then Hootsuite is a good alternative.

Whatapp is a good alternative to iMessage as lets you send texts/photos/vids free to each other and others using the app.

Shazam is great for identifying a clip of music.

BBC Weather app is better than the normal iPhone one I find.

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #4025 on: December 9, 2013, 07:25:35 pm »
Any good sites where you can search for and download ebooks?
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4026 on: December 10, 2013, 09:27:34 am »
Ok, i would like to flash my other halfs iphone4. The new update fucked its Wi-Fi up. Whats the easiest way?

Fucked it up in what way? Cant connect to it anymore?

Same happened to my girlfriends, she took it the Apple shop and said they couldn't fix it. It was just recently out of warranty but they said because of EU Consumer Law or something it has to be fit for purpose for 2 years. So they gave her a document to take to Phones4U basically saying it cannot be repaired and got it replaced free of charge

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4027 on: December 10, 2013, 09:32:00 am »
The Wi-Fi wont work. The button ( slider ) is always greyed out. Shop said it can be sent off as its passed its 12 month warranty and will cost £130 i think. She said she has encountered a few of these issues. We have shit network coverage at home so it would be good if she could connect to our home network.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4028 on: December 10, 2013, 09:43:25 am »
The Wi-Fi wont work. The button ( slider ) is always greyed out. Shop said it can be sent off as its passed its 12 month warranty and will cost £130 i think. She said she has encountered a few of these issues. We have shit network coverage at home so it would be good if she could connect to our home network.

Yeah that's what happened to my girlfriends, the grey slider was permanently greyed out. Apparently it's a pretty common problem with the 4. And when it comes to thing like upgrading the software it overheats and fries the wifi chip
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:46:43 am by bruffell06 »

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4029 on: December 10, 2013, 09:47:20 am »
Ah ok, thanks for that. I was just gonna see if it could be fixed. Its her work phone so they will replace it but its the hassle of being without it etc and all the compromising pictures of me that are on there ;)

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4030 on: December 11, 2013, 10:47:43 am »
This is a question on behalf of my missus and yes we're both technologically challenged.

She has an ipad 2, mainly uses it for facebook but anytime she tries to watch a video that someone has posted it wont let her play it, saying she needs to download adobe flash player, but when she tries to download this it says it isnt supported for this device. I've tried to download a couple of other video player type things but these dont seem to work.

So, what can i do to solve this little dilemna of hers?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4031 on: December 11, 2013, 10:59:06 am »
This is a question on behalf of my missus and yes we're both technologically challenged.

She has an ipad 2, mainly uses it for facebook but anytime she tries to watch a video that someone has posted it wont let her play it, saying she needs to download adobe flash player, but when she tries to download this it says it isnt supported for this device. I've tried to download a couple of other video player type things but these dont seem to work.

So, what can i do to solve this little dilemna of hers?

Apple devices don't support Flash, so if the videos are encoded in flash then they can't be played.

If she is using the Facebook app then she shouldn't have an issue as think they encode the videos in a way that can be played on the iPad. Saying that I also thought they did it on the website too.

If she really wants to use the website and watch flash videos then can download Puffin Browser which allows Flash to be played.

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4032 on: December 11, 2013, 11:34:15 am »
I've ipad 2 with the facebook app and no problem watching any of the videos.... From websites though it's a different story?

As said above, is she using the facebook app or through the facebook website?
What we achieve in life, echoes in eternity

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4033 on: December 11, 2013, 07:36:18 pm »
she just uses the website, i'll tell her to download the app and use it,

cheers lads, appreciate the help

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4034 on: December 12, 2013, 09:18:44 pm »
Dunno if this is the right place but I bought the last series of Luther and half way through the 3rd episode the sound and picture are about 2 secs out of sync. I have got rid and downloaded again but it still happens at the same part.

Any ideas how to sort it? Gracias.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4035 on: January 3, 2014, 09:31:48 pm »
Just got an Ipad Air and need some decent games to play other than the more common ones like candy crush

Offline carl5363

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4036 on: January 4, 2014, 10:07:48 am »
Just got an Ipad Air and need some decent games to play other than the more common ones like candy crush

Football Manager, Stick Cricket & 8 Ball Pool.

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #4037 on: January 5, 2014, 10:17:15 pm »
Not sure if it's considered a "common" one, but The Simpsons: Tapped Out is certainly worth a go. It's free, so if it's not your thing you won't have regrets, now if it is your thing there might be a few regrets  ;)

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4038 on: January 6, 2014, 11:29:58 am »
Cartoon HD is free at the moment - led to believe it used to be about 20 quid!
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4039 on: January 6, 2014, 04:59:59 pm »
That Cartoon HD seems to be highly dodgy with regards to its legality - how did it get approved for the AppStore?