Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 245821 times)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
Re: Cancer
« Reply #2360 on: April 18, 2019, 03:28:57 pm »

That’s brilliant news IrishSu!

Stay positive, keep smiling and wishing you all the very best :)

Celebrate and smile every day and all day long!!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2361 on: April 18, 2019, 05:29:33 pm »
Celebrate and smile every day and all day long!!

Absolutely JohnnoWhite!

So pleased for your son and for all the family following the fantastic outcome of his last check up. Definitely onwards and upwards!

Every small positive step forward leads to an amazing result :)

Offline IrishSu

• percalifragilisticexpialidocious. I am WOman, Hear me RAWK!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Like an Irish Stew, just not as lumpy
« Reply #2362 on: April 18, 2019, 08:10:01 pm »
Brilliant news!

I just realized that this Thursday was the 3rd anniversary of me getting the all clear from the doc after my surgery for testicular cancer. I've been to 3 check ups and the last time the doc told me I was out of the woods and I should go home and live a normal life again. :)
I was thinking of you when I wrote that. I remember last year you saying you were 2 years out when I was one. Long may it continue. :D Like you my consultant believes I had cancer in 2017 and in years to come it will be a distant dream. I am on daily medication but the side effects are minimal. Small price to pay  ;) My check ups have now been reduced from every 3 months to every 6. Little acorns and all that.

Great news Johno. Delighted for you, your son and all the family.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.
JFT96 YNWA

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #2363 on: April 18, 2019, 11:24:11 pm »
I have just heard from a friend (who's in his 60's) that his youngest son has been diagnosed with a tumour in his spine which has now spread. They are stopping treatment as there's nothing they can do.  He's 35 and married with two lovely young children. Don't know what to say to him apart from that I'm there if he needs to talk. Feel so empty though - God knows what my friend is thinking.

You shouldn't be burying your children.

Vile disease.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2364 on: April 19, 2019, 06:49:08 pm »
Heartbreaking - good that he's got a friend to turn to in you mate.

One day we'll beat this bastard thief of a disease.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2365 on: April 19, 2019, 06:51:11 pm »

Absolutely JohnnoWhite!

So pleased for your son and for all the family following the fantastic outcome of his last check up. Definitely onwards and upwards!

Every small positive step forward leads to an amazing result :)

Much appreciated mate. The fight continues . .

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #2366 on: April 20, 2019, 05:35:26 pm »
I was thinking of you when I wrote that. I remember last year you saying you were 2 years out when I was one. Long may it continue. :D Like you my consultant believes I had cancer in 2017 and in years to come it will be a distant dream. I am on daily medication but the side effects are minimal. Small price to pay  ;) My check ups have now been reduced from every 3 months to every 6. Little acorns and all that.

A positive outlook gets you a very long way I believe. Thank you for your thoughts, Su. Fingers are deffo crossed here!! *Blow kiss* :wave

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2367 on: June 15, 2019, 11:56:55 pm »
my partner of about 5 years and mother of our two month year old girl has been verbally diagnosed with breast cancer after getting a lump examined, proper biopsy results come next monday and the indications were it hasn't spread to lymph nodes but i'm in shock this has happened to the person i care about and love the most, the difficulty in keeping her spirits up and seeing the fear in her eyes is heart breaking.

Offline IrishSu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2368 on: June 16, 2019, 10:27:54 am »
Hi Luke, sorry to hear your news.

I was that soldier in March 2017. Like your partner I was diagnosed before the results of the biopsy and also told the lymph nodes were clear. Believe me when I tell you the key is to remain positive! I put all my trust in the doctors - they had to fix me, I was just a passenger on the journey.

Everyone’s cancer is different- although the diagnosis may be the same - so I won’t waffle about mine. But please take some comfort in knowing I had a lumpectomy, 4 weeks of rads and now take a tablet called tamoxifen- which I will be on for a total of 10 years - and I am officially 2 years out and clear!  The clear lymph nodes is a reason to be positive.

My journey transformed me as a person. I became more tolerant, more confident and more focused. Surround yourself with positive people. Cut all negativity out - even if that includes some family members. Stay strong.

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to ask me - via pm if they’re very personal. I’m sending you much love and good wishes, you and your partner can do this!
JFT96 YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2369 on: June 16, 2019, 10:36:36 am »
Sorry to hear that Luke, best of luck to you and the family.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2370 on: June 16, 2019, 10:47:53 am »
Fuck sake man that's just shit news.

Hopefully it's been caught early and not spread.  Best of luck to you all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2371 on: June 16, 2019, 12:15:29 pm »
Shit Luke, so very sorry to hear this. Hopefully they've caught it early and the prognosis will be good. IrishSu's advice is better from experience than whatever nonsense I could add.

Sending all our love to you and your family ❤️
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline LiverLuke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2372 on: June 16, 2019, 01:28:00 pm »
thanks for your kind words especially su for sharing your experience that is such a positive one, i'm hoping and praying that she has a recovery that helps her grow as a person like yours. she is much stronger than she realises and hopefully looking after our gorgeous little girl will be a good distraction for us while she goes through it.

Offline IrishSu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2373 on: June 16, 2019, 03:27:03 pm »
My pleasure Luke. Will you please keep us posted with the biopsy results. I’ll be keeping everything crossed for you!
Love, Su x
JFT96 YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2374 on: June 16, 2019, 04:43:56 pm »
Luke, sorry to hear that mate. There are some amazing women that have defeated it and she will also.

Be strong for and with her, we'll be thinking about you.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2375 on: June 19, 2019, 07:44:50 pm »
I hope it's ok to post a link in here. I came across this little girl on Twitter. She is a little red and my heart melted. Her parents are looking for retweets to help get her to America for a better chance of life.
I believe she is in remission but has a high chance of relapse.

https://twitter.com/Caylasfight/status/1141408456903200768?s=19

It's amazing how many parents have to go through this in this country. This bastard of a disease never stops.

Best wishes to everyone in this thread.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2376 on: June 27, 2019, 09:20:36 pm »
Received some really sad news today, one of our work colleagues has just been diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer. She had just been for a biopsy but she was sure there was something not right and today it was confirmed. She's only 48 and is one of loveliest people I've met just hoping against hope that they have caught it early enough for her to stand a realistic chance. She is going for a MRI Scan next, which is when she will find out if its spread or not.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2377 on: July 20, 2019, 01:12:51 am »
 Sending lots of love and strength to all those who are fighting xxx

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #2378 on: September 15, 2019, 10:36:42 pm »
My dad has prostate cancer which wasn't caught quick enough and has moved to the bone, specifically ribs, hips and following another scan on Friday morning now the spine. I managed to spend a few days with him last week (he's in Edinburgh and I'm in Essex) and whilst the meds he's on made him really sleepy and not with it, when he was more awake it was great to spend some real quality time with him. 

It's hard to type this at the moment as I know he's not well but I just want to drive home the message to all blokes out there, get your prostate checked and ask for regular PSA blood test. If its caught early enough the long term prognosis is positive.

Thinking of you dad...xx
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2379 on: September 15, 2019, 11:29:02 pm »
Sorry to hear that pazcom mate.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2380 on: September 16, 2019, 08:28:54 am »
I'm sorry to hear that pazcom. God bless...

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #2381 on: September 16, 2019, 09:29:53 am »
Just come back from Clatterbridge this afternoon with my 50 year old son there for his 6 monthly check after him undergoing his final Pappillon session some months back (for cancer of the rectum). What a fabulous bloody place that is and doing some  truly ground-breaking stuff!! Apart from a small niggly ulcer which gives him a little pain from time to time but is manageable with routine paracetamol and which he WAS told could happen in abut 40% of patients on radio-therapy treatment, all appears to be perfectly normal. They'll see him again end of October. Onwards and upwards eh? :) :)

Onwards and upwards, all the best to your family.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2382 on: September 16, 2019, 09:34:02 am »
my partner of about 5 years and mother of our two month year old girl has been verbally diagnosed with breast cancer after getting a lump examined, proper biopsy results come next monday and the indications were it hasn't spread to lymph nodes but i'm in shock this has happened to the person i care about and love the most, the difficulty in keeping her spirits up and seeing the fear in her eyes is heart breaking.

Wishing you all the strength and positivity to help get through this, and every piece of luck and good health for your partner.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2383 on: September 17, 2019, 11:16:21 am »
Lost my grandad to this c*nt of a disease this morning. Gutted.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #2384 on: September 17, 2019, 12:01:55 pm »

really sorry to hear.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2385 on: September 17, 2019, 07:41:30 pm »
Sorry to hear that sad news mate.

Offline LiverLuke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2386 on: September 22, 2019, 11:12:55 pm »

So it's been a pretty chaotic few months but she had a mastectomy (with a implant put in) and she is now having chemotherapy to give her the best chance of it not returning. It was a grade 3 cancer so there is a risk it will come back so we went with the chemo. she will lose her hair and could hurt our chances of having another child in the future but hopefully it does the job and keeps the cancer away. She's not feeling well from the chemo and with our little one and work etc i've got a lot of anxiety but i'm sure we will get through it! wish anyone else affected by the bastard disease here well.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2387 on: September 22, 2019, 11:45:21 pm »
So it's been a pretty chaotic few months but she had a mastectomy (with a implant put in) and she is now having chemotherapy to give her the best chance of it not returning. It was a grade 3 cancer so there is a risk it will come back so we went with the chemo. she will lose her hair and could hurt our chances of having another child in the future but hopefully it does the job and keeps the cancer away. She's not feeling well from the chemo and with our little one and work etc i've got a lot of anxiety but i'm sure we will get through it! wish anyone else affected by the bastard disease here well.

Best wishes to your young lady, your little one and also yourself. You will get through it mate. All the best.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2388 on: October 22, 2019, 10:45:11 pm »
Christie's visit for my son today, 12mth scan all clear [emoji120][emoji122][emoji106]

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2389 on: October 22, 2019, 10:59:11 pm »
Christie's visit for my son today, 12mth scan all clear [emoji120][emoji122][emoji106]

Wonderful news debs.  ;D

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2390 on: October 23, 2019, 09:29:48 am »

Bless you all.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2391 on: October 23, 2019, 09:35:57 am »
Thank you both.

Hope life is being as kind to everyone else suffering.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2392 on: October 24, 2019, 07:39:25 am »

Love this!! :scarf

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2393 on: October 24, 2019, 01:11:52 pm »
Love this!! :scarf
Thank you [emoji16]

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2394 on: October 24, 2019, 04:04:51 pm »
Great news Debs, superb.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2395 on: October 25, 2019, 09:16:53 pm »
Great news Debs, superb.
Thanks John.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2396 on: November 8, 2019, 08:36:10 pm »
After the fantastic news about my son I now have the same worry with Paul who found a lump after showering tonight.

It's going to be a long weekend waiting to speak to the docs on Monday about what happens next.

What an absolute bastard!

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2397 on: November 12, 2019, 06:11:42 pm »
Doctors today didn't think it's anything to worry about but we're at hospital for scans on Thursday to be sure.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2398 on: November 12, 2019, 06:17:31 pm »
Doctors today didn't think it's anything to worry about but we're at hospital for scans on Thursday to be sure.

Fingers crossed Debs it's nothing as they say, be thinking of you.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2399 on: November 13, 2019, 06:59:48 am »

Fingers crossed here, Debs!  :wave