Author Topic: The Horse Racing thread  (Read 323925 times)

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Horse Racing thread
« Reply #2120 on: April 19, 2018, 09:19:14 am »
Hoping a switch in codes will bring some winners today.

Having a punt on Surya 2:25 Newmarket 6/1. Breeding of this filly suggests she’ll be a superstar. If she was wearing more high profile silks she’d be fav. Also in the 4:45 Bedouin’s Story, should improve plenty from 2 to 3 and the big step up in trip will be a massive help, nice price at 9/2.

Also sticking a fun Yankee on with these two and Brivido (3:00) and Roaring Lion (3:35).
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2121 on: April 21, 2018, 11:59:55 am »
Was going to have a break due to my terrible form but there’s just too many I like today  ;D

Ayr:

1:45 Foxtail Hill
2:20 Barney Dwan
2:55 Claimantakinforgan
4:05 Vicente & Vintage Clouds

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2122 on: April 21, 2018, 12:04:18 pm »
Our Duke died this week due to a heart attack. Sad news that.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2123 on: April 21, 2018, 10:03:18 pm »
Sad news
bollocks

Offline Mingles

• Kopite
« Reply #2124 on: April 23, 2018, 03:50:39 pm »
Missed Approach in the bet365 Gold Cup on Saturday. Been told by the owner he is expecting a very good run again. Got 8s on Skybet earlier.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2125 on: April 24, 2018, 05:46:48 pm »
What can you say about Un De Sceaux? Just a magnificent horse.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #2126 on: April 26, 2018, 03:45:37 pm »
Watching the Punchestown festival. Gary just interviewed Robbie Power, and it transpires he’s a huge Liverpool fan! Who knew?

In the 2 mile Novices champion hurdle (16.05) tomorrow, a horse I backed at big odds e/w at Cheltenham goes again. It ran well at Cheltenham and wasn’t given a hard race. I’ve backed it ante-post and there’s been more money for it over the past few days. *Not great value at it’s current 5/1, but worth a small e/w interest. It’s name is Debuchet.

*Just managed to get 8.8/1 with odds boost at Wm. Hill
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 03:58:34 pm by Robinred »
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #2127 on: April 26, 2018, 05:41:05 pm »
What can you say about Un De Sceaux? Just a magnificent horse.

And then there's faugheen. Unbelievable.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2128 on: May 4, 2018, 06:27:00 pm »
Only just seen this thread, hope those putting up Tiger Roll on page 2 kept following!!

I’m more of a jumps fan but don’t mind the flat. Anyone betting on the Guineas this weekend?

Saxon Warrior my main bet, but also a little on Roaring Lion who is too big a price.

Like Anna Nerium and Wild Illusion in the 1000 Guineas on Sunday.

Both races seem wide open this year though, anyone else?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2129 on: May 5, 2018, 09:30:32 am »
Only just seen this thread, hope those putting up Tiger Roll on page 2 kept following!!

I’m more of a jumps fan but don’t mind the flat. Anyone betting on the Guineas this weekend?

Saxon Warrior my main bet, but also a little on Roaring Lion who is too big a price.

Like Anna Nerium and Wild Illusion in the 1000 Guineas on Sunday.

Both races seem wide open this year though, anyone else?

James Garfield & Expert Eye for me in the 2000 & Dan's Dream & Laurens in the 1000. Doubled them all up also.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2130 on: May 5, 2018, 10:33:18 am »
Not sure either of mine are drawn well in the 1000 Guineas, seems a real bias to those drawn high because of the cutaway at the 2f point

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2131 on: May 7, 2018, 01:55:14 pm »
James Garfield & Expert Eye for me in the 2000 & Dan's Dream & Laurens in the 1000. Doubled them all up also.
Unlucky with Laurens. Big fan of September for the Oaks, so I’m viewing that as a form boost.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2132 on: May 7, 2018, 02:40:52 pm »
The filly I really want to see come out soon is Contingent. I mentioned her at the back end of last season having been really taken with her debut but I’ve no idea where Weld is aiming her. Looks to have a serious engine, probably my favourite offspring of Frankel so far.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2133 on: May 7, 2018, 04:44:00 pm »
She’s entered next Saturday, and been tipped for the Oaks at 20/1 on Sporting Life today.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2134 on: May 8, 2018, 07:11:52 pm »
The filly I really want to see come out soon is Contingent. I mentioned her at the back end of last season having been really taken with her debut but I’ve no idea where Weld is aiming her. Looks to have a serious engine, probably my favourite offspring of Frankel so far.

The horse that she beat hasn't really franked the form at all though. Struggled in a maiden at Dundalk at a price of 2/7. I'd definitely want to be waiting to see how she goes on her seasonal debut before getting too excited by her.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2135 on: May 9, 2018, 12:10:36 am »
The horse that she beat hasn't really franked the form at all though. Struggled in a maiden at Dundalk at a price of 2/7. I'd definitely want to be waiting to see how she goes on her seasonal debut before getting too excited by her.

Time was very nice and she's done it comfortably. I think that maiden will end up working out very well. O'Brien sending fillys from it to Chester tomorrow for Oaks trials for example.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2136 on: May 9, 2018, 02:33:57 pm »
1-2 for O’Brien horses beaten out of sight by Contingent at Chester there, although I’m sure they improved massively from 2 to 3. Contingent not declared on Saturday so perhaps they’re thinking Irish Oaks.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2137 on: May 9, 2018, 02:55:29 pm »
Time was very nice and she's done it comfortably. I think that maiden will end up working out very well. O'Brien sending fillys from it to Chester tomorrow for Oaks trials for example.

I agree it was comfortable for her but never like seeing the form take a hit like that. They're obviously expecting her to have come on a pile though as she's being talked about in a lot of places.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2138 on: May 9, 2018, 03:00:37 pm »
Anyone at Chester this week?

About 8 of us going Friday as usual. Can't wait.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2139 on: May 9, 2018, 03:57:29 pm »
Form well and truly franked for Contingent. Happy with that

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2140 on: May 11, 2018, 07:51:43 am »

Give us your NAP for Chester today mate? :wave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2141 on: May 11, 2018, 11:48:25 am »
Give us your NAP for Chester today mate? :wave

Not having a bet personally but I think Grandee could run a massive race at a nice price in the Chester Cup today.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2142 on: May 11, 2018, 06:48:31 pm »

Agree 100%  ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2143 on: May 12, 2018, 09:19:29 am »
Jaega running for Weld today, not a great price but also beat Magic Wand, wonder if this may be heading for the Oaks instead of Contingent, be nice to know what the plan is for Contingent as starting to look like September may not be ready in time.

Edit: Actually just noticed Jaega not in the Oaks currently only the Irish version.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 09:26:42 am by duvva »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2144 on: May 12, 2018, 10:41:13 am »
Jaega is an interesting one isn’t she, Samasthiti was 2nd in the race with magic wand and O’Briens Flattering smashed that up by ten lengths last time, she also runs today at Lingfield. Plenty of Oaks pointes today that’s for sure.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2145 on: May 18, 2018, 07:56:09 pm »
Take your pick [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2146 on: May 19, 2018, 01:53:11 am »
Jaega is an interesting one isn’t she, Samasthiti was 2nd in the race with magic wand and O’Briens Flattering smashed that up by ten lengths last time, she also runs today at Lingfield. Plenty of Oaks pointes today that’s for sure.
Nothing special in any of the trials. I’d be interested in Sea of Class if it can turnover Crystal Hope at Newbury today. Thought Roaring Lion looked good but think they should go French Derby, he’d be be all over the place at Epsom.

Not sure if it’s right as haven’t seen or heard any news but Contingent is showing as dead on the Racing Post horse record page, definitely wasn’t showing this last week, and with the lack of an appearance I fear it’s sadly correct.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2147 on: May 19, 2018, 07:07:03 pm »
Nothing special in any of the trials. I’d be interested in Sea of Class if it can turnover Crystal Hope at Newbury today. Thought Roaring Lion looked good but think they should go French Derby, he’d be be all over the place at Epsom.

Not sure if it’s right as haven’t seen or heard any news but Contingent is showing as dead on the Racing Post horse record page, definitely wasn’t showing this last week, and with the lack of an appearance I fear it’s sadly correct.

Such a shame that, almost certainly will be correct. She was seriously talented.

Agreed not one trial has blown me away thus far, difficult to pick anything against Saxon Warrior for the Derby. Lah Ti Dar is obviously interesting, Sea of Class did it well today too.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2148 on: May 19, 2018, 08:11:29 pm »
Such a shame that, almost certainly will be correct. She was seriously talented.

Agreed not one trial has blown me away thus far, difficult to pick anything against Saxon Warrior for the Derby. Lah Ti Dar is obviously interesting, Sea of Class did it well today too.

Found a tweet from ATR confirming Contingent’s demise, didn’t give a reason, but as you say a real shame we won’t get to see her fulfill her promise.

Very pleased with Sea of Class, even more pleased I gambled and took some nice odds this morning for the Oaks, just hope they go there, didn’t sound sure after the race due to lack of experience. Same number of runs as the fav and beat Arcadian Cat further today, so be disappointing if they choose Ascot instead, but not an unusual outcome when I end up with a decent price on something!

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2149 on: May 20, 2018, 12:19:53 pm »
Racing post Race card form changed yesterday. loved the old race card layout, this new one is rubbish.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2150 on: May 21, 2018, 08:07:55 am »
French Champion Hurdle yesterday. I know fuck all about French racing but De Bon Coeur is otherworldly. Smashed L'Ami Serge by over 25 lengths.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2151 on: May 21, 2018, 01:19:08 pm »
French Champion Hurdle yesterday. I know fuck all about French racing but De Bon Coeur is otherworldly. Smashed L'Ami Serge by over 25 lengths.
Hadn’t seen that. Same colours and out of Vision D’Etat.  Never really know what to make of the form of these races, but he does have a very good record. At face value that’s a very good beating of L’ami Serge but Baupame who was 2nd was beaten twice as far by Faugheen a few weeks ago so as I say, can be very difficult to weigh up.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2152 on: May 21, 2018, 01:51:53 pm »
Racing post Race card form changed yesterday. loved the old race card layout, this new one is rubbish.
Is that the layout in the paper? They ruined the website cards a while ago now. Only usually get the paper if I’m away during Cheltenham to read over breakfast.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2153 on: May 31, 2018, 08:30:27 pm »
Returning from a self enforced break after a bad run tomorrow.

Epsom:

2:00 Cotubanama 9/1 - Trainer has a great record in this race and this one fits the profile of his previous winners. Likes cut in the ground which is a positive and has been crying out to be upped to 6f.

4:30 Perfect Clarity 7/1 - 2/2 from a lovely family of fillies, thought she looked a very strong stayer in her trial, she took a while to get organised which is understandable given it was her 2nd run and I think she'll come on a bundle for that run.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2154 on: June 1, 2018, 12:26:25 pm »
Returning from a self enforced break after a bad run tomorrow.

Epsom:

2:00 Cotubanama 9/1 - Trainer has a great record in this race and this one fits the profile of his previous winners. Likes cut in the ground which is a positive and has been crying out to be upped to 6f.

4:30 Perfect Clarity 7/1 - 2/2 from a lovely family of fillies, thought she looked a very strong stayer in her trial, she took a while to get organised which is understandable given it was her 2nd run and I think she'll come on a bundle for that run.

Disappointing field for the Oaks in the end, I don’t think any of them winning would be a surprise. Can’t understand why Haggas didn’t declare Sea of Class although it’s possible the soft ground wouldn’t be ideal.

Agree with your selection and if I have a bet that would be my choice, out of Nathaniel like Enable so ground and distance no worries and as you say should have more improvement. The other two I’m half interested in are Give and Take who again shouldn’t mind the ground and won the Musidora nicely and the third from that race Ejtyah, again likely to have plenty of improvement after only 2 runs but not sure she’ll like the soft ground.

The only other bet for me is Galloway Hills but I’ve already missed the boat, think it’s been tipped everywhere, was 8/1 yesterday now no better than 4/1.

Looking forward to seeing Cracksman, hopefully Hawkbill will make a race of it.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2155 on: June 2, 2018, 12:56:34 pm »
No joy yesterday but having a stab at the Derby today with both Delano Roosevelt & The Pentagon.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #2156 on: June 2, 2018, 01:41:21 pm »
Hazapour and Dee X Bee place bets for me.

Boom the Groom in the dash.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2157 on: June 2, 2018, 02:26:55 pm »
Can’t bet against Saxon Warrior in the Derby but too short to really get involved so will just watch.

Gonna give Anna Nerium another go in the 2:35.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2158 on: June 2, 2018, 04:59:25 pm »
Nice pick on Dee X Bee.

Anna Nerium probably should have won, not The jockeys finest moment.

Saxon Warrior very disappointing, not sure he handled the track, just didn’t really pick up.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2159 on: June 2, 2018, 06:12:08 pm »
Stinker of a meeting for me, both yesterday and today.  :butt