Author Topic: Labour Thread * No Gaza *  (Read 168541 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Reply #4240 on: June 16, 2024, 10:46:33 pm »
The **** writes articles in the S*n, goes after lefties like senator Joe McCarthy and breaks out in a rash if one of his MP's gets within 50 yards of a picket line. He aint my man.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Kopite
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #4241 on: June 17, 2024, 08:14:26 am »
The mental gymnastics not to criticise him is remarkable :lmao

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4242 on: June 17, 2024, 08:18:13 am »
As a political leader i've no doubt he reads all the papers, especially the likes of the Telegraph and S*n who hated his f**king guts to the extent they often devoted 10+ pages to attacks on him. Not quite the same as writing articles for them and cozying up to their owner like the other kid starving, genocide enabling, lying b@st*rd.

Starmer isn't the Prime minister, so he hasn't 'starved any kids' nor has he 'enabled genocide'.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Red46

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4243 on: June 17, 2024, 08:24:20 am »
The Brexit vote.

To be fair that's the one issue i have with Corbyn myself, he clearly, like most genuine leftists of his and earlier generations like Tony Benn, Michael Foot, Barbara Castle and even the great Clem Attlee was against the Common Market/EU on the grounds that it was club set up in the interests of big business. Dont forget in the 70's there was no bigger advocate for the Common Market in this country than Margaret Thatcher, people my age will remember the garish pro Common Market jumpers she used to wear, she only cooled on Europe when it became clear a superstate was in the offing, when it was simply a vehicle for f**king over workers she positively gushed about it.
Deep down Corbyn was clearly a leaver, he should have had the courage of his convictions to go with his instincts, his heart clearly wasnt in the position he took.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4244 on: June 17, 2024, 08:24:49 am »
As a political leader i've no doubt he reads all the papers, especially the likes of the Telegraph and S*n who hated his f**king guts to the extent they often devoted 10+ pages to attacks on him. Not quite the same as writing articles for them and cozying up to their owner like the other kid starving, genocide enabling, lying b@st*rd.

So you're good with people reading the S*n then as long as it follows your agenda.

I'd prefer that Labour didn't engage with that shitrag at all, but in politics, compromise and the bigger picture is needed. This is where Corbyn showed just how shite he was. Unable to compromise, unable to see the bigger picture, unable to challenge the Tories, unable to get people to share his vision (Whatever that vision was - I still am not clear). With Corbyn we got a professional protester instead of a political leader. He was far more interested in his 'principals' than in the country he could have changed for the better had he not been so rubbish at doing anything other than sniping from the sidelines and pushing his pet projects - many of which the voters of the UK could never get behind.

His 'reading of the room' was breathtakingly laughable.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red46

• Main Stander
« Reply #4245 on: June 17, 2024, 08:28:47 am »
Starmer isn't the Prime minister, so he hasn't 'starved any kids' nor has he 'enabled genocide'.

True, we've got all that to look forward to

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4246 on: June 17, 2024, 08:29:17 am »
Deep down Corbyn was clearly a leaver, he should have had the courage of his convictions to go with his instincts, his heart clearly wasnt in the position he took.
You were lauding him being a man of principle earlier. Only when it suits apparently for you or him.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4247 on: June 17, 2024, 08:32:56 am »
True, we've got all that to look forward to

So you admit that you were talking shite before then?

Good stuff. Small steps and all that.

Offline Red46

• Main Stander
« Reply #4248 on: June 17, 2024, 08:42:00 am »
You were lauding him being a man of principle earlier. Only when it suits apparently for you or him.

Maybe he was being genuine, the position he took was that he wasnt a fan of the EU but after half a century in the thing our economy had become too intertwined to just pull out, sounds reasonable, its only my opinion that he was still a card carrying hardcore leaver.

Offline Red46

• Main Stander
« Reply #4249 on: June 17, 2024, 08:44:08 am »
So you admit that you were talking shite before then?

Good stuff. Small steps and all that.

You are a scouser and you back Starmer? i feel embaressed for you lad.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4250 on: June 17, 2024, 08:51:18 am »

Who should scousers back at the election then?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4251 on: June 17, 2024, 09:00:54 am »

I'm not originally from Liverpool. I've only lived here for 37 years (Merseyside for 42 years now)

Of course I back Starmer. I want the Tories out. I originally backed Corbyn and every other Labour leader.

If Starmer ever looks as fucking hopeless as Corbyn and doesn't get the Tories out and Labour in then I'd have to review that. Most of the shite people throw at Starmer is - from what I can see - lies and bullshit. With your posts today, there are also double standards at play. There also appears to be wilful projection - for example blaming someone that has no control or ability to influence or change something as if that thing is all their fault. This seems quite a common theme.

I'd have loved it if Corbyn was a sensible, competent politician because if he had been, we would have seen the Tories out on their ear and the country becoming a better place. But he wasn't. He was fucking shite. If he'd had any ability of being a Labour leader then that would have been great. From accounts I've read, he's a pretty good local politician that looks after his constituents. But being a leader of the party and being able to offer consistent and credible opposition takes something he didn't have. If you want to lead the country then you can't target and alienate half the electorate because you disagree with where they choose to get their news from. If Starmer refused to speak or write in the S*n, The Torygraph, The Express, The Daily Fail and the like then he's alienating and refusing to engage with literally millons of voters. Around 70% of the country that reads papers, reads those papers. Should a prospective leader refuse to engage with that 70%?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 09:07:04 am by Andy @ Allerton! »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4252 on: June 17, 2024, 09:18:27 am »
What you on about

Tories out I reckon
If anything, Tories out is scouse as it gets

There's only really one party that can do that right now until FPTP is erased (which may never happen)

I feel embarassed for anyone without a laser focus on punishing those behind the last decade and a half of utter negligent rule and borderline criminal decline. I voted for Corbyn, he got absolutely crushed. Absolutely.

I back change. I back even, moderate change. When you're plummeting into the abyss, even a reduction in speed of the plummet is better than falling at the pace you were, or the whataboutery of impossible What Ifs.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 09:22:09 am by ToneLa »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4253 on: June 17, 2024, 09:38:46 am »
you sound pretty gutted and fearful about there being a Labour government soon. genuinely strange

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4254 on: June 17, 2024, 09:42:02 am »

Fucking hell.
Do you even read the shite you spout you fucking loon?

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4255 on: June 17, 2024, 09:44:34 am »
you sound pretty gutted and fearful about there being a Labour government soon. genuinely strange

Trying to stay out of discussions like this because I find them triggering, but it does seem there are some on the left who are more concerned about the bloodshed in the Middle East than they are about the people outright murdered by 14 years of Tory austerity and a botched Covid response.

I mean, nobody wants to see innocent lives lost and nobody wants to say one life is more important than another. But there comes a point where you have to draw a line, no matter how unpalatable it is.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4256 on: June 17, 2024, 09:58:43 am »

I think Labour will do quite well in Liverpool in this election.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then wed both be wrong
« Reply #4257 on: June 17, 2024, 10:00:38 am »
Trying to stay out of discussions like this because I find them triggering, but it does seem there are some on the left who are more concerned about the bloodshed in the Middle East than they are about the people outright murdered by 14 years of Tory austerity and a botched Covid response.

I mean, nobody wants to see innocent lives lost and nobody wants to say one life is more important than another. But there comes a point where you have to draw a line, no matter how unpalatable it is.

That's because those people are only concerned with power......not real power to change things like being in Govt to help people........nah not that sort of power. They are concerned with power of owning the Labour Party - just like they are doing with the Greens now - to their own ends and purposes of essentially it being a pressure group and not an alternative Party of Govt in waiting.

Also often these people are not on the breadline, not got any major concerns in their lives and can afford to have years and years and years of Tory governance.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #4258 on: June 17, 2024, 10:28:28 am »
I'm not originally from Liverpool. I've only lived here for 37 years (Merseyside for 42 years now)

Am I the only one who feels slightly cheated after reading this :D
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4259 on: June 17, 2024, 11:17:53 am »
Am I the only one who feels slightly cheated after reading this :D

I'm sure Andy won't mind me telling you that he was born in Bethnal Green, although he only lived there for the first 35 years of his life.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4260 on: June 17, 2024, 11:38:55 am »
To be fair that's the one issue i have with Corbyn myself, he clearly, like most genuine leftists of his and earlier generations like Tony Benn, Michael Foot, Barbara Castle and even the great Clem Attlee was against the Common Market/EU on the grounds that it was club set up in the interests of big business. Dont forget in the 70's there was no bigger advocate for the Common Market in this country than Margaret Thatcher, people my age will remember the garish pro Common Market jumpers she used to wear, she only cooled on Europe when it became clear a superstate was in the offing, when it was simply a vehicle for f**king over workers she positively gushed about it.
Deep down Corbyn was clearly a leaver, he should have had the courage of his convictions to go with his instincts, his heart clearly wasn't in the position he took.
I knew Attlee was against the common market but that was decades ago and am sure he would of challenged his opinion as the world changed.

The Common Market never had a fraction of the clout of the EU today, the advice given to me back in 1972 by the biggest left wing Union at the time was to vote remain in the 1972 referendum. it was all based on being competitive. leave the EU and a 10% tax will be added to our exports. it will make us less competitive, that was it.
 Am sure Attlee would of challenged his opinion as the world changed. the effect of losing frictionless trading,  protectionism, workers rights and the fight for decency would made him reconsider his opinion am sure.
Politicians should change their opinions if they have good reason too, many certainly did in the 30s, flipped from supporting one argument to the polar argument inside 2 years.
 I was shocked when I watched a video of Tony Benn arguing to leave the EU, basically the Gammon Frottage argument of they need us more than we need them. so he believed we could have the benefits of being in the EU while not being members of the EU.

That was the problem with Corbyn and many others who hated the EU, they formed their opinions decades before but never challenged those opinions when the world moved on. we should all be prepared to reconsider our opinions when evidence gives us good reason to challenge those opinions.
 Corbyn talked a lot of shite about the EU for years, like Frottage he got away with it for years because none of us were clued up on the facts, that all changed back in 2016 when the referendum was called, people got clued up many began to realise he talks a load of shite. against protectionism :duh Frottage & co must have pissed themselves laughing. 

One thing that really annoyed me with the lefts disdain for the EU was they all knew about all those EU laws they didn't like, they spent years attacking them but they never considered why the EU had these rules. am sure the likes of Frottage and the far right did though, they hate them as it stopped them doing as they please to exploit us and rake it in for themselves.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 11:41:51 am by oldfordie »
You can tell his dad was a toolmaker. Thats an impressive cabinet hes put together..

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4261 on: June 17, 2024, 11:39:13 am »
I'm sure Andy won't mind me telling you that he was born in Bethnal Green, although he only lived there for the first 35 years of his life.

It's true. I'm a cockernee. I was born within the sound of the bow bells and quite often regale people with 'Cor blimey mate! Lummee! Cushty."

Do you want to buy a hamper?

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #4262 on: June 17, 2024, 12:22:39 pm »
I'm not sure Starmer or Corbyn being associated with the rag is a big deal any more.  If either wants(wanted) to gain power they had to engage with the readership(I use the term loosely) .  The people of Liverpool rightly hate it, but not engaging would be an example of a narrow set of principles preventing you from getting to a position where you can really help the population.  I know you can drive a tank through the analogy, but it'd be like not being seen in a German car, or doing trade with the Germans because of the war.  I know the rag has never apologised, but am pretty sure the staff are at least a couple of generations away from the originals. 
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Kopite
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #4263 on: June 17, 2024, 12:33:29 pm »
I'm not sure Starmer or Corbyn being associated with the rag is a big deal any more.  If either wants(wanted) to gain power they had to engage with the readership(I use the term loosely) .  The people of Liverpool rightly hate it, but not engaging would be an example of a narrow set of principles preventing you from getting to a position where you can really help the population.  I know you can drive a tank through the analogy, but it'd be like not being seen in a German car, or doing trade with the Germans because of the war.  I know the rag has never apologised, but am pretty sure the staff are at least a couple of generations away from the originals.

I've said this to people before but a politician can't just ignore something on the basis of one city's disdain and boycott of it, ideally the rag wouldn't exist at all and we wouldn't even have to question it. They have to govern for the whole country not just one city and if they have to engage with the readership then they have to. That's what Starmer has done, Corbyn however probably read it willingly until he realised how much he could extend his grift by using it to get people onside.

Some people though will just use their "principles" to suit their own agenda, and just like this example they can be absurd!

https://x.com/LynnBraben/status/1802369037055258796?t=4enR-uqG8f3OmLV6YXJXLQ&s=03

Imagine not supporting England because you can't support anything Keir Starmer supports, have Palestine and Gaza in your name and say you don't support a country that supports genocide but then say you'll support a country that has been involved in two genocides :lmao

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4264 on: June 17, 2024, 12:53:18 pm »

https://x.com/LynnBraben/status/1802369037055258796?t=4enR-uqG8f3OmLV6YXJXLQ&s=03
Finally, the identity of the famous RAWKite Baldrick has been discovered!

About as hilariously stupid as you can get, along with the great comic timing (and continued ignorance) of the follow ups where she thought (wrongly) that she spotted what was so ironically funny 

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4265 on: June 17, 2024, 04:39:31 pm »

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4266 on: June 17, 2024, 04:48:58 pm »

Not sure why this is a thing. Not the first time I have mentioned I wasn't born in Liverpool :)

I wasn't born in London either for the record :D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4267 on: June 17, 2024, 04:50:50 pm »

A political leader who failed to lead.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4268 on: June 17, 2024, 04:58:30 pm »
Not sure why this is a thing. Not the first time I have mentioned I wasn't born in Liverpool :)

just shocked mate, dunno why but I am

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4269 on: June 17, 2024, 06:02:50 pm »
just shocked mate, dunno why but I am

I dunno why either. I've mentioned it loads of times on here :D

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4270 on: June 17, 2024, 06:39:28 pm »
I dunno why either. I've mentioned it loads of times on here :D

It certainly puts a different slant on your indifference to the England National team 

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4271 on: June 17, 2024, 07:53:52 pm »
It certainly puts a different slant on your indifference to the England National team 

Why should I give a shite about the England national team? I'm not a hypocrite. I can't stand most of their fucking players or the FA every season and I'm supposed to suddenly pretend that I want these bellends to win?

Not sure what any of this has to do with Corbyn being shite and the Tories getting hoofed into touch..?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4272 on: June 17, 2024, 07:54:35 pm »
Why should I give a shite about the England national team? I'm not a hypocrite. I can't stand most of their fucking players or the FA every season and I'm supposed to suddenly pretend that I want these bellends to win?

Not sure what any of this has to do with Corbyn being shite and the Tories getting hoofed into touch..?

Quite right - vote Lib Dem

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4273 on: June 17, 2024, 08:23:22 pm »

Vote for the Tory enablers? Unlikely. Plus my local MP is great. So will happily vote for her in our quest to see the Tories off.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Kopite
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #4274 on: June 17, 2024, 08:49:59 pm »

Anything to stop Labour from winning hey?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4275 on: June 17, 2024, 09:01:33 pm »
Vote for the Tory enablers? Unlikely. Plus my local MP is great. So will happily vote for her in our quest to see the Tories off.

Thats nice mate, my last MP was a Tory sex pest who lost the whip, he unseated an ex Labour minister who was vey well thought of but got punished for being anti brexit   ::)

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4276 on: June 17, 2024, 10:20:56 pm »

Hemel Hempstead is pretty near to London though Andy.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4277 on: June 17, 2024, 10:37:10 pm »
Hemel Hempstead is pretty near to London though Andy.

You're hundreds of miles off :)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4278 on: June 17, 2024, 10:58:06 pm »

Great Yarmouth?

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #4279 on: June 18, 2024, 12:13:57 am »
Oh fuck, he's a wool.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.