Author Topic: UK General Election - July 4th, here we go folks.  (Read 67656 times)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: UK General Election - July 4th, here we go folks.
« Reply #2880 on: Today at 03:51:31 pm »
To be honest it's the one sound argument they can make to justify voting Tory at the last election, it doesn't apply now though.
When you think of all the damage the Torys have done people can still say I was right not to vote Labour in 2019 as the Labour leadership can't be trusted on defence, I can't disagree with them when they put it all down to that. you look at some of the things Corbyns Labour argued even as Labour leader.  his reaction to the Salisbury poisoning during the debates left the whole party in shock including McDonnell, so f.. stupid and niave. selfish as well, putting his own personal flawed crank beliefs ahead of the big picture,  his supporters who think he was treated unfairly should think about that, after all the damage this Tory party has done Tory voters can say they were still right to vote Tory to stop Corbyn being PM as his views on defence were dangerous to the country's security.
The lesson should be learned as some of the SCG have also made themselves unelectable as leader in the future as well with their NATO expansionism comments, that will never be forgotten, it would always be thrown against them to attack Labour.  idiots.
And then there is the small problem of Corbyn having no understanding of how the nuclear deterrent or MAD works. You do not need to have a deep understanding of Game Theory to realise that Corbyn's PUBLIC position was beyond asinine. He's thick as mince.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/30/corbyn-i-would-never-use-nuclear-weapons-if-i-was-pm
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2881 on: Today at 03:55:12 pm »
Do you think, if he were pm and a realistic threat arose there would be a vonc to oust him for someone that would press the trigger?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2882 on: Today at 04:00:09 pm »
Out of touch and rubbing his wealth in people's faces, twat!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/rishi-sunak-750-pound-backpack-32916558#source=breaking-news
He's not half good at this ol' poltics stuff, ain't he!?
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2883 on: Today at 04:00:59 pm »
Cutting foreign aid is a terrible idea. Aside from the good it does for the recipient country, it helps a huge amount in terms of soft power. If you want to cede even more influence to China in places like Africa, cutting foreign aid is a great place to start.
Yep.

Online cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2884 on: Today at 04:05:04 pm »
More in Common 27th-29th May
🔵Conservative 26 (-1)
🔴Labour 45 (+1)
🟡Liberal Democrat 9 (-)
🟢Green 5 (-1)
🟣Reform UK 11 (+1)
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2885 on: Today at 04:05:58 pm »
Do you think, if he were pm and a realistic threat arose there would be a vonc to oust him for someone that would press the trigger?
Generally, it is best to not wait weeks on the outcome of a VONC, and the election of new leader, for the threat of a nuclear deterrent to be effective.

Online cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2886 on: Today at 04:06:06 pm »
Going by this aid to China has dropped from £80m in 2019 to £8m last year. It's pretty much negligible at this point.

https://icai.independent.gov.uk/html-version/the-uks-aid-relationship-with-china-up-to-2023-24/#:~:text=ICAI%20found%20that%20total%20UK%20aid%20engaging%20China,or%20around%2C%20this%20level%20while%20China%20remains%20ODA-eligible.

Ah, hadn’t got an idea how much we sent just knew we sent money. Thanks for the source.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2887 on: Today at 04:09:14 pm »
More in Common 27th-29th May
🔵Conservative 26 (-1)
🔴Labour 45 (+1)
🟡Liberal Democrat 9 (-)
🟢Green 5 (-1)
🟣Reform UK 11 (+1)

Ta, do you have a reliable polling aggregator source on twitter or do you just check the polling organisation's site for updates?  I'm struggling to find an aggregator that is up to date.

Also what happened to Gallup and Mori? Used to be mainstays of the polling world.

Online cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2888 on: Today at 04:12:56 pm »
Ta, do you have a reliable polling aggregator source on twitter or do you just check the polling organisation's site for updates?  I'm struggling to find an aggregator that is up to date.

Also what happened to Gallup and Mori? Used to be mainstays of the polling world.

@drjennings
@beyond_topline

Two very good analysts, they both retweet the people who do the polls so find out when the next one is out from them.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2889 on: Today at 04:20:10 pm »
And then there is the small problem of Corbyn having no understanding of how the nuclear deterrent or MAD works. You do not need to have a deep understanding of Game Theory to realise that Corbyn's PUBLIC position was beyond asinine. He's thick as mince.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/30/corbyn-i-would-never-use-nuclear-weapons-if-i-was-pm
Going over old ground but it was the denial of just how bad he was and how Millions would fear him becoming PM. it was always ignored,  put down to haters rather than valid criticism based on his views, do you remember him taking a hammering from the unions over Vanguard subs when he was leader, the unions hit the roof as it would mean lots of jobs lost in Scotland, there was a threat of them pulling support for Corbyn and he shit himself so came up with what he saw as a compromise, it left me gobsmacked, he argued we can still build the nuclear Vanguard subs but we can send them out to sea with no nuclear missiles  :duh :duh.     so we send these very expensive subs out to sea to hide away but don't equip them with Nuclear missiles. that says it all, just f... off
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2890 on: Today at 04:27:12 pm »
Tory party Deputy Chairman Jonathan Gullis pictured campaigning with convicted heroin dealer

:lmao
5 more weeks
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2891 on: Today at 04:29:25 pm »
5 more weeks

"I'm ashamed to have been associated with such a low life piece of scum" said the heroin dealer.

Online cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2892 on: Today at 04:35:36 pm »

Couldn't have happened to a nicer fella.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2893 on: Today at 04:40:51 pm »
Going over old ground but it was the denial of just how bad he was and how Millions would fear him becoming PM. it was always ignored,  put down to haters rather than valid criticism based on his views, do you remember him taking a hammering from the unions over Vanguard subs when he was leader, the unions hit the roof as it would mean lots of jobs lost in Scotland, there was a threat of them pulling support for Corbyn and he shit himself so came up with what he saw as a compromise, it left me gobsmacked, he argued we can still build the nuclear Vanguard subs but we can send them out to sea with no nuclear missiles  :duh :duh.     so we send these very expensive subs out to sea to hide away but don't equip them with Nuclear missiles. that says it all, just f... off
I was not in the UK at the time, so I missed that. As I said before, he's thick as mince. I'd expect an average sixth former to offer more coherent 'ideas'.*

* Not really 'ideas' - rather, the insane ramblings of an utter imbecile.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2894 on: Today at 04:41:46 pm »
"I'm ashamed to have been associated with such a low life piece of scum" said the heroin dealer.
The old ones are the best. ;D

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2895 on: Today at 04:55:43 pm »
Out of touch and rubbing his wealth in people's faces, twat!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/rishi-sunak-750-pound-backpack-32916558#source=breaking-news

Just think though. This is just Sunak being Sunak. Imagine what will happen when he makes a genuine bona fide gaffe? Like being caught on a hot mic or something?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #2896 on: Today at 06:05:15 pm »

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK
https://twitter.com/britainelects

Both of these are good. They also both have predictive models with the latest polls fed in.

https://electionmaps.uk/nowcast
https://sotn.newstatesman.com/2024/05/britainpredicts
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2897 on: Today at 07:06:15 pm »
5 more weeks

This reads like a brass eye parody story holy fucking shit