Author Topic: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)  (Read 423618 times)

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Re: Welcome Luis Diaz!
« Reply #1960 on: August 6, 2022, 09:57:25 pm »
I have doubts whether he can score Mane-level goals for sure but also I think people need to remember he doesn't need to as we have Nunez and Jota too.

Double figures in goals and assists is probably a better aim for Luis, who was quieter today yet still nearly dragged us through an absolutely dire first half with two moments of quality.

Not sure what happened in the second half, but think he needs more patience to fully step up to PL level which shows how tough it is as he's a machine.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1961 on: August 6, 2022, 10:02:28 pm »
Needs more end product but the fact that we have Salah, Nunez and Jota should reduce the pressure to do that. He is a fantastic winger, but the jury is still out as to how good of a front three player he is.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #1962 on: August 6, 2022, 10:18:51 pm »
Couldn't agree more, thought he was excellent as usual.
Robbo gave him little to no support, he is so unlucky infront of goal.
The goals will soon be going in.
Robbo got a lot of defensive support from Sadio Mané that am not sure Luis Diaz actually knows how to provide. I always thought it was laughable that many were ready to push Mané out the door because we had Jota-Diaz-and-whoever-else. Mané is someone who is almost never injured, and he does an untold number of thankless jobs for any team he plays in. We will never truly replace him, but I do believe we can do much better than we did today.

It's still early days. Hopefully Luis will become more clinical in front of goal as the season progresses. Not arsed about drawing our first game. It's the kick up the backside we need, perhaps.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #1963 on: August 6, 2022, 10:22:53 pm »
He pinged in an exceptional finish that was correctly ruled offside and struck the woodwork with a stunning strike off his left foot. He will score a lot of goals this season.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1964 on: August 6, 2022, 10:26:17 pm »
He pinged in an exceptional finish that was correctly ruled offside and struck the woodwork with a stunning strike off his left foot. He will score a lot of goals this season.

Yeah, but he didn’t score, we drew, and he’s not Mane .. so he’s obviously fair game

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1965 on: August 6, 2022, 10:26:24 pm »
Robbo got a lot of defensive support from Sadio Mané that am not sure Luis Diaz actually knows how to provide. I always thought it was laughable that many were ready to push Mané out the door because we had Jota-Diaz-and-whoever-else. Mané is someone who is almost never injured, and he does an untold number of thankless jobs for any team he plays in. We will never truly replace him, but I do believe we can do much better than we did today.

It's still early days. Hopefully Luis will become more clinical in front of goal as the season progresses. Not arsed about drawing our first game. It's the kick up the backside we need, perhaps.

No one was pushing Mane out of the door, at the end of the day he chose to go for another challenge. You want players at the club who want to be here and he clearly did not. There is no need to make it about people and make a drama into into the situation. As for Luis he will be fine as he develops more of a understanding with the players around him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1966 on: August 6, 2022, 10:31:42 pm »
I think the chemistry between him and Robbo is not as good as with Robbo/Mane. Diaz loves the touchline and Robbo likes to operate there as well, he's more of direct overlapping fullback instead of an underlapping one (like Cancelo for example). Mane suited Robbo better since he was more comfortable operating in an inside position leaving space for Robbo to attack on the wing. I think Tsimikas' style suits Diaz more naturally.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1967 on: August 7, 2022, 01:01:07 am »
I think the chemistry between him and Robbo is not as good as with Robbo/Mane. Diaz loves the touchline and Robbo likes to operate there as well, he's more of direct overlapping fullback instead of an underlapping one (like Cancelo for example). Mane suited Robbo better since he was more comfortable operating in an inside position leaving space for Robbo to attack on the wing. I think Tsimikas' style suits Diaz more naturally.
Since he’s been here one of his most impressive aspects has been link up play. Mostly with Robertson. Not so much today admittedly but over all he has been brilliant at it.

It’s been mentioned but the only real lacking aspect has been more goals. I’d be surprised if they don’t come since there has been a lot of nearly chances in his time here like today hitting the post. If we are honest he’s been better on the left than Sadio has for a while since being here. Sadio of course got form back when he moved to the middle because of this.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1968 on: August 7, 2022, 06:37:17 am »
Mane was much more direct than Diaz, always looking to make ‘out to in’ runs and trying to get in behind the defence. He scored a lot of #9 type goals even when playing out wide.

Diaz looks to carry the ball more and run at defenders. His shooting seems more longer range when cutting in from the left, he doesn’t get within the frame of the goal in the penalty area too often.

Firmino worked with Mane and Salah as they carried the goal threat and made those penetrating runs. Against Fulham we effectively had Diaz and Firmino looking to receive the ball to feet which left us with no penetration until Nunez came on.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1969 on: August 7, 2022, 07:02:40 am »
I have doubts whether he can score Mane-level goals for sure but also I think people need to remember he doesn't need to as we have Nunez and Jota too.

Double figures in goals and assists is probably a better aim for Luis, who was quieter today yet still nearly dragged us through an absolutely dire first half with two moments of quality.

Not sure what happened in the second half, but think he needs more patience to fully step up to PL level which shows how tough it is as he's a machine.

Mane was the best left forward in the league since Thierry. Potentially third best ever in the league behind Digger and Thierry. I rate Diaz, but i don't think he will ever reach Mane's numbers.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1970 on: August 7, 2022, 02:58:43 pm »
Mane was the best left forward in the league since Thierry. Potentially third best ever in the league behind Digger and Thierry. I rate Diaz, but i don't think he will ever reach Mane's numbers.
Yes, Mané was immense and underrated even while he was being feted.

But Diaz could have had two goals yesterday. One was cm off target and the other disallowed due to someone else (not he) being offside in the build-up. He's not far off where we need him to be.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline art03

• Kopite
« Reply #1971 on: August 7, 2022, 05:56:27 pm »
Before Mane became the Mane we knew - who knew he was going to be that good. Just let the new wave of strikers time to grow. Every player is replaceable.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1972 on: August 10, 2022, 05:01:04 am »

Mane was great but it wasn’t something achieved in his first season. He became what he was after forming a formidable partnership with Salah and Firmino.

Likewise for Diaz it would take him some time to build a partnership. He was the most relentless player I have seen since Suarez.

Hope he has properly rested during the summer because he was running on empty in the final weeks of last season. He was the most scary when he runs at defenders at pace.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #1973 on: August 12, 2022, 03:54:06 am »
There will never be another Mane,Salah combination. The sooner the fanbase realise that the better. Their numbers are freak numbers. Wide players should never be winning golden boots.  Diaz is a traditional winger chalk on boots with long strides hopefully it clicks and he turns into Mane 2.0. But he will always score goals,assist…

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1974 on: August 12, 2022, 08:54:42 pm »

He's a fantastic player, he just needs to mix up his already excellent touchline play with making more outside-runs, he can do all of the hard stuff, so this is just a question of being on the front foot and thinking more like a goal scorer than provider, it will come

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #1975 on: August 12, 2022, 09:05:35 pm »
When it comes to a wide player, they can be just as valuable even if they don't win Golden Boots. Few would dispute that Franck Ribéry in his prime meant as much to Bayern as Mané did to Liverpool, even though he scored a lot fewer goals. It's about defensive contributions, assists and making runs to detour defenders as well.
Linudden.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #1976 on: August 12, 2022, 10:34:45 pm »
I think people are discounting his goalscoring a bit here. He was a prolific goalscorer in the portuguese league so he can finish. It does take some time for wide players to get used to where they need to be for the chances and linking up with the team, Salah being the exception. I think he'll score Mane's level of goals (20+ per season all comps) once the team gets used to where he is going to make a run and find him more frequently. Lets not forget Sadio had 13 and 10 goals in the league in his first 2 seasons here, albeit in a weaker side, and I think Diaz can have a similar trajectory.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1977 on: August 12, 2022, 10:51:48 pm »
I think people are discounting his goalscoring a bit here. He was a prolific goalscorer in the portuguese league so he can finish. It does take some time for wide players to get used to where they need to be for the chances and linking up with the team, Salah being the exception. I think he'll score Mane's level of goals (20+ per season all comps) once the team gets used to where he is going to make a run and find him more frequently. Lets not forget Sadio had 13 and 10 goals in the league in his first 2 seasons here, albeit in a weaker side, and I think Diaz can have a similar trajectory.

Totally agree. Unfortunately Thiago would have been threading those passes through for him. We need to find another way.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1978 on: August 13, 2022, 03:32:18 am »
If he scored instead of hitting the bar, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1979 on: August 15, 2022, 08:12:56 am »

He wasn’t a prolific goal scorer in Portugal, he had a very good first half season before he joined us , actually his best goal return by a Mile with 16 goals.
With 6 goals for us last season in half a season , is why Klopp has set a realistic target of 15 for the season imo
Think he should be also adding about as many assists as goals this season
15/15
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 08:16:32 am by rocco »

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1980 on: August 15, 2022, 10:08:06 am »
The last 3 seasons Firmino has scored 12, 9 and 11 in all comps. That's all he needs to do as Darwin will get Mane's goals. Diaz would be hard pressed to not get those 5-9 league goals given how dominant we are in most games and the opportunities he'll have cutting in and curling shots into the far corner.

If his outout exceeds Firmino then it'll be great for us and less pressure on Darwin to get 25
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 10:10:23 am by peachybum »
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1981 on: August 15, 2022, 11:11:13 am »
The last 3 seasons Firmino has scored 12, 9 and 11 in all comps. That's all he needs to do as Darwin will get Mane's goals. Diaz would be hard pressed to not get those 5-9 league goals given how dominant we are in most games and the opportunities he'll have cutting in and curling shots into the far corner.

If his outout exceeds Firmino then it'll be great for us and less pressure on Darwin to get 25

It will be interesting to see if Salah sees his goal rate effected by having another goalscorer in the side

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1982 on: August 15, 2022, 08:53:23 pm »
Need a lot more from him to be honest.

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1983 on: August 15, 2022, 08:58:51 pm »
He's getting into the territory where he looks lively every single game but doesn't really produce anything in terms of end products. Jota is kind of the opposite.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1984 on: August 15, 2022, 09:00:59 pm »
He's getting into the territory where he looks lively every single game but doesn't really produce anything in terms of end products. Jota is kind of the opposite.

Diaz isnt really on the same level of Jota to be fair.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #1985 on: August 15, 2022, 09:04:42 pm »
All fur coat and no knickers at the moment.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Arrowsmith

• Anny Roader
  • Eee aye addio, we've won the cup!
« Reply #1986 on: August 15, 2022, 09:12:45 pm »
Porto have had our pants down.
Wool by birth, Scouse by blood.
JFT97

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1987 on: August 15, 2022, 09:20:20 pm »
Fuck off

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1988 on: August 15, 2022, 09:20:27 pm »
Unreal goal
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1989 on: August 15, 2022, 09:20:40 pm »
That'll do pig.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1990 on: August 15, 2022, 09:20:46 pm »
Good timing
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1991 on: August 15, 2022, 09:21:06 pm »

have that!!

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1992 on: August 15, 2022, 09:21:16 pm »
Luis takes this post personally  ;D

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #1993 on: August 15, 2022, 09:21:27 pm »
Red panties above his head
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1994 on: August 15, 2022, 09:21:30 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1995 on: August 15, 2022, 09:21:42 pm »
Reckon he was reading this thread at half time.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1996 on: August 15, 2022, 09:21:48 pm »
Ha ha ha fuck you Palace

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1997 on: August 15, 2022, 09:21:50 pm »
YESSSS

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1998 on: August 15, 2022, 09:21:51 pm »

You were saying?

;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1999 on: August 15, 2022, 09:22:17 pm »

Well here comes your fifteen minutes of RAWK fame
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.