Author Topic: League Cup and Club World Cup.  (Read 180459 times)

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
i want to see us win the

The Premier League
The European Cup
The FA Cup
The super cup
and the World club cup

Is that too much to ask??  :)

not assed about the league cup btw

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
7 trophies to go for next season, 3 trophies to go for before the end of the year!

Offline accyred

• Kemlynite
i want to see us win the

The Premier League
The European Cup
The FA Cup
The super cup
and the World club cup

Is that too much to ask??  :)

not assed about the league cup btw

Aim to win every game. The community shield, super cup and CWC are 4 games for 3 trophies should be sending the full team better than any training session or pre season games win the lot
In sunny Spain , we won it six times  🇪🇸

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Win all 7 and talk about priorities afterwards

Is right
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
At least it is not all the way off to Japan in December like last time

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
At least it is not all the way off to Japan in December like last time

Yeah that four hours they save on flights to the UAE will make all the difference!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Yeah that four hours they save on flights to the UAE will make all the difference!

The 7h:30 flight v the 12h:40minute flight from Tokyo must be far less taxing, especially in first class, add in the time difference (+3 v +8) and the whole affair is far less arduous than the games in the 80s. Obviously not ideal but similar to playing in Moscow, Istanbul etc.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
It's great that the first dividends of last seasons points haul and cup win is a near enough 50/50 chance to win 3 more trophies before we get started in earnest. The feeling I have about being in the mix is like a fish being back in water. Those of you that are thinking that Man City can win everything forever from now on, let me remind you that it was not so long ago that it was assumed Chelsea would from then on be unbeatable. Honestly, talented football journalists wrote about it en masse.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Now On Wikipedia its says the fifa club world cup will start on Wednesday 11th December and will end on Sunday 22nd December. But i cant find it confirmed anywhere else. Can anyone confirm this? Also what day would be our semi final? If i remember correctly in 2005 we played on the Thursday before we played in the final on the Sunday. Where we were totally robbed.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2019, 10:58:48 am by Ocean Red »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
The dates havent been decided

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
Would love for us to win the Community Shield just to beat City at a final, sets the tone for the season.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
Would love for us to win the Community Shield just to beat City at a final, sets the tone for the season.

This although would also love for them to release the ticket details too!!

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
The dates havent been decided
  Ok thanks, only saw and could find these dates on Wikipedia. Nowhere else.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
Also what day would be our semi final?

Semi final dates in 2018 were the week before Xmas. Equivalent dates this year would be Tue 17th / Wed 18th December.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
Now On Wikipedia its says the fifa club world cup will start on Wednesday 11th December and will end on Sunday 22nd December. But i cant find it confirmed anywhere else. Can anyone confirm this? Also what day would be our semi final? If i remember correctly in 2005 we played on the Thursday before we played in the final on the Sunday. Where we were totally robbed.

The final Champions League group stage games are the 11th so I would be very surprised if they had it starting on that week although if there are a number of games before we enter, I assume it would be feasible
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
This although would also love for them to release the ticket details too!!

What's going on with this?

Not seen anything about ticket sales or what the qualifying criteria will be.

Read that we are getting 28k tickets so hopefully I'll be able to get sorted.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
With the uefa super cup, will we be allowed 12 subs, like in the uefa champions league final?

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Win all 7 and talk about priorities afterwards

What he said.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Will we have our strongest 11 for the super cup? In my opinion its a major trophy (And I think the club agrees as we have it on 'the wall')

But quite a few lads have been to the Copa America/AFCON. So have my doubts?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Will we have our strongest 11 for the super cup? In my opinion its a major trophy (And I think the club agrees as we have it on 'the wall')

Whats the subs rules? Is it like the community shield - something like 6 subs? Ideally it's like that but with the full squad on the bench like in the CL final.

I think we'll definitely see a weakened team, and probably mix the starters from our strongest team across the two games (trent in one, Robbo in another. Matip in one, VVD in another).

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

I think they'll play as it will be like a pre-season friendly for them. You have to play matches to get match sharpness.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think they'll play as it will be like a pre-season friendly for them. You have to play matches to get match sharpness.

Yeah, the good thing about playing another team from our league is we'll be preparing to similar timelines. Also more likely to have almost semi-agreed levels of rotation as you see when bigger teams play each other in the league cup (eg the spurs game at anfield where TAA debuted)

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
We should try hard to win the uefa super cap, it's another trophy, and it is certainly winnable.
Believer

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
It's good to see Alex breaking forward like that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• Legacy Fan
It's good to see Alex breaking forward like that.

Wrong thread  ;)

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
The trophies will start coming like buses now. Focus on one at a time and win them all
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Out of all the 3 more trophies we could win before the end of this year 2019, if I had to choose only one, I would deffo choose would be the fifa club world cup, we have never won it before, and it is a chance to be officially called Club World Champions, and have a nice shiny gold badge on our shirts too.!

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
Out of all the 3 more trophies we could win before the end of this year 2019, if I had to choose only one, I would deffo choose would be the fifa club world cup, we have never won it before, and it is a chance to be officially called Club World Champions, and have a nice shiny gold badge on our shirts too.!
We should be more than capable to win it if we go hard for it. The point is how to make the balance between the prem games in between.
Believer

Offline roots99

• Main Stander
The Times is reporting Liverpool will also be playing a new FIFA version of the Club World Cup in summer 2021. Apparently 'an agreement has been reached' between FIFA and UEFA and the Qatar one in December will be the penultimate of its kind. It will replace the Confederations Cup in the FIFA calendar.

Last 4 European Cup winners + another 4 UEFA teams (probably decided by co-efficient, max 2 per country) + 14 teams from other confederations.

I've no idea what happens with the 2021 AfCoN players like Salah, Mane and Keita. Nor how the African club champions could compete given they probably have a load of internationals.

Anyway, it's behind the paywall here: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/manchester-united-face-fifa-club-world-cup-snub-6f3p35nkb
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in." - Bill Shankly

• Legacy Fan
Fifa muppets have yet confirm with the club when the World Championship games are taking place they have not sent an invite nor has the Fa received anything from them either.

Club is asking if star players need to play in tournament as Klopp is looking to use that opportunity for added rotation

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Club is asking if star players need to play in tournament as Klopp is looking to use that opportunity for added rotation

That's a naive mistake. Better to do it and apologise than ask permission and be denied

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Fifa muppets have yet confirm with the club when the World Championship games are taking place they have not sent an invite nor has the Fa received anything from them either.

Where has this info been reported?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Why do we need to ask them? Just rotate and tell FIFA to fuck off and die.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
The Times is reporting Liverpool will also be playing a new FIFA version of the Club World Cup in summer 2021. Apparently 'an agreement has been reached' between FIFA and UEFA and the Qatar one in December will be the penultimate of its kind. It will replace the Confederations Cup in the FIFA calendar.

Last 4 European Cup winners + another 4 UEFA teams (probably decided by co-efficient, max 2 per country) + 14 teams from other confederations.

So this FIFA club world cup will replace the Confederations Cup and will be played in the summer. And the club world cup (6 association winners) will end in 2020.
So a National team competition will be replaced by a club competition.

2018 FIFA World Cup
2019 AFCON
2020 Euros
2021 AFCON / FIFA Club World Cup

2022 FIFA World Cup
2023 AFCON
2024 Euros
2025 AFCON / FIFA Club World Cup

2026 FIFA World Cup
2027 AFCON
2028 Euros
2029 AFCON / FIFA Club World Cup

Is it how this works?!?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So this FIFA club world cup will replace the Confederations Cup and will be played in the summer. And the club world cup (6 association winners) will end in 2020.
So a National team competition will be replaced by a club competition.

2018 FIFA World Cup
2019 AFCON
2020 Euros
2021 AFCON / FIFA Club World Cup

2022 FIFA World Cup
2023 AFCON
2024 Euros
2025 AFCON / FIFA Club World Cup

2026 FIFA World Cup
2027 AFCON
2028 Euros
2029 AFCON / FIFA Club World Cup

Is it how this works?!?

Is there a reason why they can't have the Euro's, Afcon etc all in the same year? Having the AFCON every 2 years needs fucked off aswell.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Will fifa allow us to take a weakened squad for the club world cup in December?

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Is there a reason why they can't have the Euro's, Afcon etc all in the same year? Having the AFCON every 2 years needs fucked off aswell.

I dont understand how someone at FIFA went ahead with that sort of planning.

Reserve 1 summer for the association competitions of NTs.
Reserve 1 summer for the 6 best national teams (from each association)
Reserve 1 summer for a deserved summer break.
Reserve 1 summer for the FIFA NT World cup.

Rinse and repeat.

Offline roots99

• Main Stander

I'd guess it's because the AfCoN would be canabalised by the Euros. They'd effectively be competing against each other for sponsor income in similar timezones. It's not in the interest of the 56 CAF associations and FIFA votes to have half the tournaments and at the worst possible time.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in." - Bill Shankly

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
If klopp does want to rest a few players for the club world cup, if fifa ends up allowing it, i think the African players, mane, keita, salah, and the South American players Allisson, Firmino and Fabinho will all say to klopp they want to play in it, but klopp does have the final say though. It is bigger for Asian, African, South American players this competition. Its not prestigious in Europe though so some of the European players might not mind not taking part, or they might mind. Just a thought.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
I reckon we will take the Club World Cup more seriously than the FA and League Cups cos its the 2nd fastest route to a real trophy. Probably a little less importance for Super Cup (the fastest route), cos it would tougher playing Chelsea when both teams are still tuning their engines.

Once we get the World Cup in our hands, Klopp will be ready to play the kids in the FA Cup... and focus on the league title again.

It's pretty obvious though that if City somehow win their first 20 games in a row in the league then we will take the FA Cup seriously.

Many will think we take the FA Cup and League Cup seriously this season. I don't think so. If anything, with the fatigue and after last year's marathon league push, we will look to rest our key players in those domestic Cups again.

Last year we didn't have these shorter competitions to get a Cup, so this time we got a gimme for a trophy anyway.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 09:41:20 pm by SteveZissou »
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.