Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2778678 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
And Pep never did answer that question as to whether he was paid by other sources.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 10:07:21 pm by Tepid T₂O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I think they'll pick the latter. They're not used to not getting their way. They will absolutely feel convinced that they did nothing wrong (or nothing that the other clubs wouldn't have done if given the chance) and will pursue this all the way whilst presenting themselves as victims of a conspiracy related to race or region.
A knockout boxer only knows one way to solve a fight that is slipping away; keep going for the knockout blow.

This will be played all over the media waves for a few years, is my guess.

I'm not convinced by this at all.  First off, the KNOW they did wrong, because it was their entry into the game that prompted FFP in the first fucking place.  Chelsea started it certainly but when Abu Dhabi came in the whole situation started to spiral and become ridiculous and it became obvious regulation was necessary.

Second, other clubs HAVE tried to fuck the system, and they HAVE been caught, AND punished.  And not just FFP either.  We've seen tax evasion by Rangers, match fixing in Italy etc.  And repeatedly it's been shown clubs are not outside or above the law.

I agree they will make this about race, religion - everything except what it is actually about.  The only thing this lot are pissed off about is that they've been called out and punished for what they have done.  They are used to acting unlawfully and getting off, no more no less.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And Pep never did that question as to whether he was paid by other sources.
in the case of the players would they know as they probably delegate it to the agent, all bar the final number

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Don't think the ban will be reduced at all to be honest. This isn't like the AC Milan case at all.

Indeed. Milan agreed to the ban, they knew they were going to get something similar to City if they didn't agree to it, City's owners have the shameless arrogance in the way that they breached FFP, & the arrogance that they thought they were untouchable.
#Sausages

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
So we win the league on a technicality now. FFS.

Let it kick in next season.

How about a points deduction for the past ten years, that would be justified.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Wonder what the price Pep going to Juve in the summer & Aguero going with him?
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The wording of City's statements seem to suggest they're taking issue with the manner in which the investigation was conducted as opposed to the outcome itself, which is very intentional and probably a smart approach given the sheer number of smoking guns there are kicking about. I wouldn't be surprised to see it overturned for some minor procedural technicality. A bit like how you see judicial cases thrown out sometimes where it's clear someone is guilty but the Police are deemed not to have followed proper procedure.

Sounds like if they go that route though it still leaves them open to potential PL sanction since the accepted version of events is still that they fiddled the books.

I doubt HMRC will have that much to say on the revenue side of things since City really ought to be loss making so are probably overpaying tax on their profits, but they should definitely be looking into exactly how the City players and staff are "remunerated"... there is zero chance their wage bill is lower than ours (as reported) so there is almost certainly some form of shady arrangement that is allowing players to dodge PAYE. I'm surprised no investigation has been started into it.

What does always seem to be overlooked is the potential criminal element. Willfully misrepresenting your financial results is a crime, and directors can be sent to jail for it.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/08/manchester-city-pep-guardiola-legacy-ffp-claims

What I wish is clarification as quickly as possible, for Uefa to see what we have done. If it is not good, then OK, we will accept it. If everything is right, then it will finish and we move forward. I would like a s soon as possible [for it to be over] would be my dream but I don’t know.”

Case closed boys. Wrap it it.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
Hope they appeal, lose and their ban is extended if thats possible

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
I just don't want anything getting in the way of our achievement this season and ultimately celebrations of the title we've all waited so long for. Do what they like with them beyond that.

Wouldn't matter one iota tho. Literally not one. Would make sweet fuck all difference. Mental that you're even entertaining the idea that it would somewhat 'ruin' it.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
I have to sort of wonder if Abu Dhabi have been utterly stupid or stupendously arrogant.

We all know they are at the Emptyhad to try to cleanse their appalling image and reputation as a regime. They are clearly sensitive over how they are perceived. They buy a non-descript football club in the shadows of three bigger clubs within the North West area and look to make a good name for themselves. Now all that makes good sense up to now.

The problem is, instead of gradually improving the facilities, the management and the team whilst living within the club's means they, instead, make the club look like the drug dealer with no legitimate means of support who is living in a detached house with a pool, drives a Lamborghini and puts two fingers up to homeless people as he drives past. I mean why bring so much unnecessary attention on to yourself? OK, you get away with it for a while, but at some point questions get asked. Awkward questions, and when the answers don't stack up, well it all comes crashing down.

Have they acted out of absolute stupidity, arrogance, or both?
They came in looking to enhance their reputation but, instead, all they have done is taint it even further. To top it off, if they lie and cheat their way through a dirty legal battle they'll look yet worse still. They'll expose themselves as the dirty, disgusting bullies they really are.

You have to remember the environment the owners live in. They can pretty much do what they want and what they say goes. So for me it has to be arrogance.
Look at the email by the club lawyer threatening UEFA with millions spent on lawyers over years to bog them down. That attitude comes from the top.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Inject some Blue Moon fume in me!

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
Don't think the ban will be reduced at all to be honest. This isn't like the AC Milan case at all.

Agreed, this feels far more serious than usual, it appears UEFA have had enough of City. If anything, I could see the ban extended if City keep appealing.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I keep reading it as Man City being stripped of their titties. :lmao

What was that Liam was saying about winning the boobie prize?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account

technicality!! :lmao
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Sign De Bruyne and Sane.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Oh please Real knock them out.
I might never stop laughing if they do.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

We're 22 points ahead, is that a techicaliteeeh?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Inject some Blue Moon fume in me!
why are they arsed? It's not like they enjoy watching their team playing in the competition!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Sign De Bruyne and Sane.

Inquiring about de Bruyne would I imagine, be essential.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
They're so deluded its wonderful

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
Had my annual glance at Blue Moon and its all "but, but what about when Liverpool...?"

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
Radio 5 on it for a bit... happy valentines day everyone.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

We’re 22 points ahead.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They will certainly appeal it which may mean a delay to the whole thing and will probably lead to a 1 year ban and the other year suspended.

Their owners are going to see this a massive personal insult, sure they will throw everything at it to get it overturned.

I will be surprised if they actually get any ban by the end of all the legal procedures. Wont be surprised if it is FFP that is kicked out by the end of it and they find some sort of illegal loophole with FFP.
The other clubs in Europe will also be talking, and they are bigger clubs.
Also, 2013, in Europe, who listened to us?
Now, who doesn't?
And all we want is the rules.abided by.
And we don't shout, we don't scream, we explain how them abiding by their rules benefits them.
We're not scared of their phalanx of expensive lawyers.
Why should we be? They are lying and the documentation proves it.
Lawyers willing to defend that can only succeed by legal bullying.
But we won't be bullied.
And because we won't be, other clubs will take our lead, and they won't be.
And UEFA at that point can decide either to make money by taking a briefcase and perhaps one day being pulled up, or to abide by their own rules,and enforce them, and most likely end up making even more money, with no fear of having their collars felt.

Maybe I have gone too far, but never be afraid of threats of tying up the courts. That threat only needs to be made when you know the lawyers who can't be bought opposing you are far better than the ones you can muster.

What a lovely night, happy Valentine's everybody  :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Have any of the Blue Loons blamed us yet?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
It's more on the stupendously arrogant, they thought they could get away with circumnavigating the FFP rules, that arrogance has come to bite them on the arse now.

Yes, I suppose it boils down to pure arrogance, as you and Lush suggest.

I think this makes it even more crucial that the footballing authorities come down on these like a ton of bricks and keep on at them until they accept the rules of the game. As it's stood until now, this lot have made monkeys out of the PL and UEFA and have been laughing at them quite openly. The integrity of the game itself rests on the authorities coming out on top on this. Basically, if the likes of Abu Dhabi and Qatar are allowed to continue unchecked at clubs like City and PSG then they will eventually kill the game completely. We know they are cheating, the regimes know they are cheating, and the authorities know they are cheating, so justice really has to be seen to be done, and done properly.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

''Klopp's a Grass''  :rollseyes
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Radio 5 on it for a bit... happy valentines day everyone.

The City fans on 5Live are completely deluded, they have David Conn on now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
hell yes.

We’re in league with Manchester United and are pulling the strings  at UEFA..

Didn’t you know?! Ha
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
I keep reading it as Man City being stripped of their titties. :lmao

What was that Liam was saying about winning the boobie prize?

Fromola is keeping abreast of things...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
The wording of City's statements seem to suggest they're taking issue with the manner in which the investigation was conducted as opposed to the outcome itself, which is very intentional and probably a smart approach given the sheer number of smoking guns there are kicking about. I wouldn't be surprised to see it overturned for some minor procedural technicality. A bit like how you see judicial cases thrown out sometimes where it's clear someone is guilty but the Police are deemed not to have followed proper procedure.

Sounds like if they go that route though it still leaves them open to potential PL sanction since the accepted version of events is still that they fiddled the books.

I doubt HMRC will have that much to say on the revenue side of things since City really ought to be loss making so are probably overpaying tax on their profits, but they should definitely be looking into exactly how the City players and staff are "remunerated"... there is zero chance their wage bill is lower than ours (as reported) so there is almost certainly some form of shady arrangement that is allowing players to dodge PAYE. I'm surprised no investigation has been started into it.

What does always seem to be overlooked is the potential criminal element. Willfully misrepresenting your financial results is a crime, and directors can be sent to jail for it.

Fighting the judgement on a judicial technicality doesn't work though. Pretend UEFA have made a procedural error and you might have a chance of overturning the judgement.

Manchester City's problem isn't procedural errors, their problem is that UEFA have ruled that a huge chunk of their income isn't valid. Unless City challenge that and reinstate that income then they fail FFP every season. Given internal emails show their commercial deals are entirely fabricated they haven't got a leg to stand on.

Without the fabricated income they are toast.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
It's funny but I'm going to wait and see what happens after the appeal. Be just like this lot to be covered in shit and still come out smelling like roses.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
The bottomless pot of money is all about showing Abu Dhabi in the best possible light though. It is about a PR exercise for an abhorrent regime. It is about using City as a positive that reflects well on Abu Dhabi. They have two options claim they have been the victim of a witch hunt retire gracefully and reappear in a more favourable scenario or air their dirty laundry in public.

For me it will be the former option.

This is the interesting bit, for me. What's the point of Manchester City if it brings bad publicity? But I have it the other way: that he'll tough it out with lawyers and if he - eventually - loses, retire squealing about unfairness etc. Too much ego to simply say sorry and accept an even playing field going forwards. 

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Maybe a little bit unfair, a portuguese guy hacked the emails and gave (not sold, gave, as far as I can tell) them to Der Spigel. Not read why he picked Der Spigel but they do have a track record with this sort of thing I guess.  Having said that, I do agree that the english press are mostly gobshites and David Conn is excellent.

Spot on. Can't really blame the English press when Der Spiegel got the documents. There's a book about it by the guys involved and it reads like a spy story.
Rafael-Buschmann: Football Leaks: Uncovering the dirty Deals behind the beautiful Game

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Leaks-Uncovering-Behind-Beautiful/dp/1783351403
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 10:17:51 pm by stoa »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
You have to remember the environment the owners live in. They can pretty much do what they want and what they say goes. So for me it has to be arrogance.
Look at the email by the club lawyer threatening UEFA with millions spent on lawyers over years to bog them down. That attitude comes from the top.

Yep, when seen from the perspective of the world they exist in over there, I can certainly see why breathtaking arrogance would be par for the course with them. It's amazing how that supremely entitled attitude filtered down to their fanbase so quickly too.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
It's funny but I'm going to wait and see what happens after the appeal. Be just like this lot to be covered in shit and still come out smelling like roses.

Have you ever been to Manchester?
Even the roses smell of shit!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
5Live is a joy at the moment. Some City journo on a rant. Glorious listening.

Blaming the cartel. Championing as an example for all little clubs who aren’t allowed a wealthy owner.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They should just accept it and move on.

As mancunians have been so very fond of telling us over the years.