Author Topic: New Kelvin MacKenzie e-mails please after second programme slurs Liverpool  (Read 45854 times)

Offline oldred

• Main Stander
Done it now.

Offline Em5y

• Legacy Fan
Done.

^

Offline America's Sweetheart

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
Sad to see that they've disabled registrations for the Points of View message boards.

Can I just point out that you can now register for and post on both the POV message boards and the 5Live boards as well.

Offline Techmick

• Air goes in & out, blood goes round & round, any variation on this is really bad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • you'll never RAWK alone
E-mail sent but i'm not holding my breath for a sensible reply
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great yet humble.

Offline smithng

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "On a stroppy little island of mixed up people"
Complaint registered, and a reply requested.

Offline Fellaini

• Anny Roader
  • They talk dead funny but they play dead great
Done. Every person who reads this message should send a response. This non-human does not deserve to work again, let alone for the BBC

Offline cowlos

• Anny Roader
  • Justice is Here
Sent it now. Tried to stay objective but had to put some mention in of disaster and how he makes me feel. This man should not be allowed to earn money on the back of his "experience" in printing lies

Offline Glorious Future

• Anny Roader
Well said cowlos mate. I believe Murf from RAOTL is starting a thread on the 5live messageboard (you have to register), but when I looked, it was CLOSED ... ???
Faith is a passionate intuition.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/

Offline The Cappuccino Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • Aren't we free?
Just sent my complaint. Waiting on reply.
Formerly Mr Brightside.

Offline Tim-Cross

• The Banner's 5th Beatle - And a Tit (by order of Reeves and ChrisR)
  • Legacy Fan
  • beware of big birds.
Compaint sent
"Well, Liverpool haven't done much for a very long time but they can still remember.  And last night, they remembered, and the force of their memories was strong enough to bring the past to life"

Offline Red Shaolin Monk

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC European Champions 2005
Complaint sent.
"You have too see a football team as a machine made up of eleven working parts." Rinus Michels

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Now that the first programme has aired we can really hammer them on the main argument of their stock reply, which is :

"As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football." 

So you'd think he might have told us something we didn't already know.

The fact is that in this Bravo-TV-standard compilation of well-known stories, he & his mate Danny Baker did not tell us one single thing that is not known by a schoolboy who has read a few footy books / seen a few videos.

*Gazza ate a kebab & broke a lamp in 98
*Roy Keane fell out with McCarthy in 02
*Escobar got shot at a nightclub in 94
*Bobby Moore was framed in 70
*Schumacher got away with  a terrible foul in 82
*Naughty Germany fixed a draw with Austria in 82
*Rijkaard gob at Voller was really chunky in 90
*Willie Johnstone was sent home for taking some flu remedy in 78
*Ronaldo wasn't fit but Nike said play in 98

A pathetic excuse for journalism & no matter who the presenter was it dragged down standards at the Beeb.

The stock reply is published on their website so you don't have to have received a reply to quote it.

Don't use the same e-mail addies again unless you've got no choice  though ... because after all, you said you weren't going to listen, didn't you  :)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 03:24:25 pm by nige »

Offline S24 LFC

• For Sale!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Part of the establishment
good call
Our round the world trip.

www.getjealous.com/sas091011

Offline Thommo's Beak

• Main Stander
  • Fly the flag my Red Army!
*Rijkaard's gob at Voller was really chunky in 94

I thought that was '90?
A spectre is haunting Europe - the spectre of Liverpool

Offline BrettD

• Legacy Fan
    • Want an accessible website? Click here!
I've not even had a fucking reply.

:no

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
OK. Own up. Who said something rude about MacKenzie?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbpointsofview/F1951568?thread=3069460&skip=0&show=20#p35375555

Good work  :D   

I thought that was '90?

True. My mistake. I should work for a tabloid. Also I've just learned to spell his name. Gizza job.

We'll be keeping them busy all week with this one  ;)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 03:43:09 pm by nige »

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Anybody hear the excellent documentary on 5 Live  last night about conscientious objection & desertion from Iraq  ?? made by the same production company - and they've been making decent programmes for years for Radio 5  as well as Radios 1 & 4. Absolutely mystifying why they would shoot themselves in the foot by hiring MacKenzie just to get on the World Cup  bandwagon.

Going to mention this in my next e-mail to Radio 5 , and will  contact the production company too to ask them WHY !!!!!

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
Sent one last week- just got an email back from the BBC:

Dear Mr Court

Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals'.

I understand that you feel that Kelvin MacKenzie is an unsuitable choice of presenter for the programme in light of his comments about the Hillsborough disaster when reporting for the 'Sun'.

But I can assure you that we do realise that opinions about presenters vary considerably and it is a rare radio personality of any kind who meets the approval of everyone. As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football.

Nevertheless, rest assured that your comments will be fully registered on a daily log, which is made available to the programme makers, including senior management. Feedback of this nature helps us when making decisions about future BBC programmes and services and your comment will certainly play a part in this process.

Thank you again for contacting the BBC.

Regards

Andrew Martin
BBC Information
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
Kelvin Mackenzie on the BBC because he has an 'expert knowledge' of tabloid scandals? Would a BNP leader be allowed to host a programme about hostile opinions about asylum seekers on the same basis? Interviewing him during a serious assessment of tabloid sensationalism is one thing, but this is pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Whoever commisioned this dumbing down of the greatest institution in world broadcasting should hang their head in shame, as should the author of that insipid defence of what is a total misappropriation of the licence fee. The BBC is meant to provide quality, insightful, balanced programming.

How's this for a headline? BBC sells out - Murdoch's finest hour.

I am unsatisfied with the stock response and would appreciate a personal reply.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline TheInquisition

• Main Stander
  • Educate the masses to HJC
Just got an email back...a bog standard one even though asking for a personal reply Grrr!!!

I note that you have concerns regarding Mr MacKenzie's involvement in the two-part series which will look at tabloid newspaper coverage of some the great scandals surrounding past World Cup tournaments.

As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football. We realise that opinions about presenters vary considerably - it is rare for any presenter to meet the unequivocal approval of our wide and varied audience and appreciate that you do not agree with the BBC's choice of presenter in this occasion.

Accordingly, please be assured that your feedback has been fully registered on our daily audience log and made available to the production team of 'Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals' and senior BBC management.

Thank you, once more, for taking the time to contact the BBC.

Regards

BBC Information

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
Just got an email back...a bog standard one even though asking for a personal reply Grrr!!!

I note that you have concerns regarding Mr MacKenzie's involvement in the two-part series which will look at tabloid newspaper coverage of some the great scandals surrounding past World Cup tournaments.

As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football. We realise that opinions about presenters vary considerably - it is rare for any presenter to meet the unequivocal approval of our wide and varied audience and appreciate that you do not agree with the BBC's choice of presenter in this occasion.

Accordingly, please be assured that your feedback has been fully registered on our daily audience log and made available to the production team of 'Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals' and senior BBC management.

Regards

BBC Information

Refuse to accept it.

Write back telling them that as a licence paying customer you expect your complaint to be taken seriously and the least you can expect is an individual response.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

• Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
I've had a slightly different but equally boilerplate response from the wonderfully named Natasha Mellon.

The next obvious step would be to contact the BBC's Board of Governors. But none of them seem to welcome email. 

Tessa Jowell, however, is the cabinet minister with responsibility not just for the BBC, but also for sport, and she has no choice but to accept email. You can email your views to the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport at:

tessa.jowell@culture.gsi.gov.uk

And rest assured, that if they treat email like snail mail then each message received by her office will cause the BBC genuine pain because an official ministerial file will be opened and passed around like a poisoned chalice for months on end.

My note will detail

a) my concern at the BBC's decision to commission Kelvin MacKenzie to present a program on scandals in sport

b) my feeling that the BBC's position on MacKenzie is, at best, disingenuous, since they state that 'As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football.' Whereas I believe it would be more accurate to say that as the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, MacKenzie is hugely experienced in lying to his
readers and fabricating stories in order to sell newspapers. And in particular that there is no-one more expert than Kelvin MacKenzie in the art of lying on the front page of a tabloid newspaper in order to create one of the most infamous and hurtful football scandals of all time.

c) my belief that the BBC's decision to commission a man of MacKenzie's character in any capacity would be a serious mistake for an organisation that is renowed for the quality of its journalism, and that in this case, it is a decision that morally shames the BBC.

I will also doubtless mention tabloid broadcasting, insensitivity, and the relentless lowering of standards, and ask Ms Jowell how she can permit the 5Live to flout all the Reithian traditions of the BBC while still receiving public funding.

Offline TheInquisition

• Main Stander
  • Educate the masses to HJC
I've had a slightly different but equally boilerplate response from the wonderfully named Natasha Mellon.

The next obvious step would be to contact the BBC's Board of Governors. But none of them seem to welcome email. 

Tessa Jowell, however, is the cabinet minister with responsibility not just for the BBC, but also for sport, and she has no choice but to accept email. You can email your views to the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport at:

tessa.jowell@culture.gsi.gov.uk

And rest assured, that if they treat email like snail mail then each message received by her office will cause the BBC genuine pain because an official ministerial file will be opened and passed around like a poisoned chalice for months on end.

My note will detail

a) my concern at the BBC's decision to commission Kelvin MacKenzie to present a program on scandals in sport

b) my feeling that the BBC's position on MacKenzie is, at best, disingenuous, since they state that 'As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football.' Whereas I believe it would be more accurate to say that as the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, MacKenzie is hugely experienced in lying to his
readers and fabricating stories in order to sell newspapers. And in particular that there is no-one more expert than Kelvin MacKenzie in the art of lying on the front page of a tabloid newspaper in order to create one of the most infamous and hurtful football scandals of all time.

c) my belief that the BBC's decision to commission a man of MacKenzie's character in any capacity would be a serious mistake for an organisation that is renowed for the quality of its journalism, and that in this case, it is a decision that morally shames the BBC.

I will also doubtless mention tabloid broadcasting, insensitivity, and the relentless lowering of standards, and ask Ms Jowell how she can permit the 5Live to flout all the Reithian traditions of the BBC while still receiving public funding.

Have responded telling them {BBC} it's a disgrace that none of my concerns have been addressed etc and then they have the audacity to respond with the bog standard reply when this was initially noted that this was not to be the case. I'm flabbergasted by their lack of quality and feeling within cusomer relations.
Letter to be despatched to Ms Jowell in next 24 hours ...work calls!

Offline Rushback

• star wars obsessive
  • Legacy Fan
  • One of the Fleetwoods

It's a shame that in this life, good honest decent folk suffer through misfortune, illness, poverty and famine yet this man, this excuse for a man continues to live a life of luxury borrowed from the misfortunes of others

If there is such a thing as kharma, hurry up for fucks sake
"football is dead"   Redissue 25 May 2005

http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline axb96m

• Hates foreigners
  • Anny Roader
  • Victim of mods
Got a non-form reply back - better than nothing, but still pretty useless...

I appreciate that you have read our response to criticism over the appointment of Kelvin MacKenzie and continue to feel angered that 5 Live have decided to continue with his services.

Therefore please be assured that I have registered your comments on our audience log. This is an internal document which will then be made available to senior members of Radio 5 Live, as well as senior management across the BBC. Styles and policies are continually reassessed according to feedback we receive from our listeners.

Thank you again for your comments.

My original complaint:

Your response to complaints about the employment of Kelvin MacKenzie states that 'it is a rare television or radio personality of any kind who meets the approval of everyone'. Is there anyone who actually does approve of Kelvin McKenzie? As the perpetrator and instigator of quite a few tabloid scandals himself, surely employing him is akin to employing Harold Shipman to talk about 'Abuses of trust in the NHS' or Robert Maxwell presenting 'The 50 greatest financial swindles'. The BBC shouldn't even think about employing anyone who disgraces themselves and their profession in the ways that Kelvin MacKenzie has.
"Admittedly, Michelangelo has been dead for 441 years, and as such, the metaphor is slightly ill conceived; unless, of course, to even it out, the monkey has also been dead for 441 years –– in which case, the whole thing is just rather macabre: a dead artist, a dead monkey and two untouched pieces of clay..."

Offline paulcompton

• Doesn't trust Rafa
  • Legacy Fan
Just got mine too, from a person called BBC information..always appreciate the personal touch...

I note that you have concerns regarding Mr MacKenzie's involvement in the
two-part series which will look at tabloid newspaper coverage of some the great
scandals surrounding past World Cup tournaments.

As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely
experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for
various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects
of scandal and football.  We realise that opinions about presenters vary
considerably - it is rare for any presenter to meet the unequivocal approval of
our wide and varied audience and appreciate that you do not agree with the BBC's
choice of presenter in this occasion.

Accordingly, please be assured that your feedback has been fully registered on
our daily audience log and made available to the production team of 'Kelvin
MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals' and senior BBC management.

Regards

BBC Information

Offline Mozza

• Anny Roader
  • B E L I E V E

Neither have I.
With blindness you follow....

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Quote from: Andy the English Spaniard convert link=topic=
Therefore please be assured that I have registered your comments on our audience log. This is an internal document which will then be made available to senior members of Radio 5 Live, as well as senior management across the BBC. Styles and policies are continually reassessed according to feedback we receive from our listeners.
Good work people - this is having an impact - let's keep it going.

[ I never realised until the end of the programme on Saturday that his 'employment' was technically with the production company rather than 5 Live, so let's roll again please folks.
See www.allout.co.uk for e-mail addresses  & if you're going ,to send them a decent e-mail you could copy all their addresses listed there under "people" as well as just the "mail@" address  given  under "contact us".  Tell them you've also complained to 5Live - their principal source of income - and  copy the whole thing into the BBC complaints form if you can be bothered. Don't burn yourself out yet though - there'll be plenty in next week's show to complain about too.]

Try to put it in your own words of course, as individual complaints will make far more impact.

Dear All Out Productions & BBC Complaints,

I must congratulate you on yet another fine documentary for Five Live. Sunday's programme on Conscientious Objection & Desertion from Iraq was once again informative and  thought-provoking, filling in gaps in a little-reported area. Recently I have enjoyed many of your other  Five Live Reports, such as 'the Booze Business', 'First Class Cheats' and 'Britain's Diabetes Timebomb', but Sunday's was one of the best yet.

When I think of All Out Productions, I think of progressive, cutting edge Radio  like "Out this Week"  and the documentaries for Radio One which combine my musical interests with other fields such as Middle East politics or other issues of the day.  Young presenters like Rajesh Mirchandani  and producers like Jo Meek really do make your slogan ring true: " a hotbed of ideas and creativity with a strong journalistic edge."

So I find it all the more mystifying  that you would stoop to the kind of unoriginal, re-hashed stories peddled by the shameless Kelvin MacKenzie in Saturday's 'World Cup Scandals' programme. When I think of Kelvin MacKenzie and fotball, I think of poor Justin Fashanu  tortured by the tabloids in the early 90s. There was absolutely nothing in this first programme that was not known by  a schoolboy who has read a few football books, and thus I would compare it  to the kind of re-hashed stock footage you would expect from a late night Bravo TV production, not from a decent, principled company such as yourselves. Throw in the odd tongue-in-cheek Xenophobic remark and that was the sum of Mr. MacKenzie's contribution. The other contributors came across as a gang of his old cronies, re-hashing oft-heard tales.

When I think of some of your other progressive young presenters I cannot believe that they would wish to be associated with such a vile, xenophobic, misogynistic, homophobic, lying old school hack. Whose idea was it to hire Mr. Mackenzie ? Yourselves  or  Radio Five ?  Whoever it was will be   losing a lot of listeners and a great deal of the respect you have worked for, if the mistake is repeated.

Yours sincerely,
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 10:45:43 am by nige »

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
Mine got logged as well:

Dear Mr XXXXX

I understand that you feel that Kelvin MacKenzie is an unsuitable choice of presenter for the programme in light of his comments about the Hillsborough disaster when reporting for the 'Sun'.

But I can assure you that we do realise that opinions about presenters vary considerably and it is a rare radio personality of any kind who meets the approval of everyone. As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football.

Nevertheless, rest assured that your comments will be fully registered on a daily log, which is made available to the programme makers, including senior management. Feedback of this nature helps us when making decisions about future BBC programmes and services and your comment will certainly play a part in this process.

Finally, I have attached an invitation, from the Head of BBC Information, asking you to participate in our customer survey.  We would welcome your views on our service. 

Regards

Andrew Martin
BBC Information

I'll work up a reply this afternoon. Initial thoughts are that Hillsborough was only one of the examples I gave of MacKenzie's unsuitability for the job, but at least they've taken me seriously enough to log the complaint.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 10:26:46 am by zigackly »
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
Well, on reading Low's post, surely it is time now to raise this a notch.   Especially for those whose complaints have been swept insultingly aside.   May I respectfully suggest that correspondence is copied to Tessa asking her to open a file and investigate.  Like the man has previously said : You don't fuck with Scousers.   
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Big Tall Man

• Legacy Fan
  • In this moment i like it in this forum, for sure
On 3rd June, Kelvin MacKenzie is due to host a documentary
called 'World Cup Scandals' on BBC Radio Five Live.
This man was responsible for the most infamous of
footballing scandals himself when he ran the Sun front page labelled 'The Truth' about Liverpool fans in the immediate aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster.  In this he accused the fans of stealing from the bodies of their dead fellow supporters and urinating on them.He has never to the best of my knowledge offered a public and unequivocal apology.  Is this really the best man to host a show for football fans? How can any football fan have any respect for a man like this? Will the BBC be inviting other such representatives in on similar issues.  Will we for example see Ian Huntley on as a guest hosting children's programmes or Peter Sutcliffe on to discuss womens rights? This may seem an exagerated reaction, but to  the thousands
that suffering unimaginable grief in the aftermath of Hillsborough i can assure you that this seems an understatement.  You will i hope never have lost a family member who was subsequently slandered and maligned.  When Mackenzie hurt one fan he hurt us all, irrespective of whether we were at Hillsborough or not.
I am outraged, offended and hurt that this objectionable and ofensive man has been given a soapbox and has been sanitised by a Corporation for which i once had the utmost respect.  I am appalled that anyone would consider this man suitable for a job even though he had huge journalisitc experience.  One might argue that he made one mistake, but so too did Glenn Hoddle, Rodney Marsh and Ron Atkinson and they paid with their jobs. Mr Mackenzie has committed offences as if not even more heinous, as he accused people of monstrosities against the dead and dying.

How can the BBC justify his employment in these circumstances.  I request a response in writing please and not merely some mass produced cut and paste response used to indicate that someone has seen this e mail.

Awaiting a response and with thanks

A disgusted 5 Live Listener

Feel free to use this if it helps
Rafa on THAT half time talk.  Language barriers aside, the greatest modesty and understatement in football history!!!

' We had been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe we score things would be different and we scored and it was different'

Offline Scousemouse

• Kemlynite
Sir,

I see with amazement the name of one k.mackenzie being mentioned in the same breath as the word scandal.Pot,kettle ,black anyone?.
I am also amazed that an institution such as the BBC would employ such a proven liar on any of its productions,radio or television.
I sat here thinking that maybe the BBC didnt do gutter press,so did not know the hurt and the grief this pathetic excuse for a journalist caused in relation to his "THE TRUTH" headlines,when working for the S*n.
It may be worth noting for the powers that be at Broadcasting House that the paper in question is still feeling the effects of letting a liar such as K.Mackenzie loose on its front page.
I will no longer listen to 5 live as I find the decision to employ this "human being" abhorent,and object to MY licence fee going toward his upkeep.

Yours

Mr S.Hulton

Have that BBC tw*ts
"I knew it would be diffrent if we scored....we scored and it was diffrent"

Offline Satiric Gibbon

• Kopite

Dear Mr Williams

I understand that you feel that Kelvin MacKenzie is an unsuitable choice of
presenter for the programme in light of his comments about the Hillsborough
disaster when reporting for the 'Sun'.

But I can assure you that we do realise that opinions about presenters vary
considerably and it is a rare radio personality of any kind who meets the
approval of everyone. As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin
MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of
other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present
programmes on the subjects of scandal and football.

Nevertheless, rest assured that your comments will be fully registered on a
daily log, which is made available to the programme makers, including senior
management. Feedback of this nature helps us when making decisions about future
BBC programmes and services and your comment will certainly play a part in this
process.

Regards

Andrew Martin
BBC Information

hoonin

Heres my reply. Seems to be a mixture of the stock answer and some additional guff... and an invitation to complete a "satisfaction survey".

Dear Mr Dicks

I appreciate you are unhappy with the choice of Kelvin MacKenzie to present the programme.

The two part series, which began on Saturday 27 May, looks at tabloid newspaper coverage of some the great scandals surrounding past World Cup tournaments.

As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and we feel he is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football. I do appreciate you may not agree.

I assure you that nothing contained in our programmes is included, nor presenters chosen, with the intention of upsetting individuals and we apologise for any offence you may have been caused. However, the BBC makes no editorial comment or judgement on the personal views expressed by contributors to any of our programmes.

We realise that opinions about presenters vary considerably but it is a rare radio personality of any kind who meets the approval of everyone in our vast and varied audience.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your strong concerns and let me assure you that your strong complaint has been fully registered on our daily audience log.  This internal document will be made available to the production team and Senior BBC Management.

Feedback of this nature helps us when making decisions about future BBC programmes and services and your comments will play a part in this process

Finally, I have attached an invitation, from the Head of BBC Information, asking you to participate in our customer survey.  We would welcome your views on our service.  .

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact the BBC with your views.

Regards

Adam Sims
BBC Information

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
Dear Mr Ballard

I do appreciate that you are extremely angry at having Kelvin MacKenzie present
the programme and that you feel the response posted on our complaints webpage
does not reflect your own feelings towards the broadcast.

I can only assure you Mr Ballard that your obvious unhappiness with the choice
of Kelvin MacKenzie has been fully registered and has been made available to
senior BBC management.

Thank you once again for taking the trouble to share your views with us.

Regards

Richard Carey
BBC Information
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just had this reply

Dear Mr Holland

Thank you for your further e-mail regarding the BBC 5 Live programme 'Kelvin
MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals'.

I note that after receiving the BBC's response to your comments regarding Mr
MacKenzie being an unsuitable presenter for the above programme you still have
concerns.

Please be assured that your further comments have been fully registered on a
daily audience log which is made available to the 'Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup
Scandals' production team and senior management.

Feedback of this nature helps us when making decisions about future BBC
programmes and services and your comment will play a part in this process.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact the BBC.

Regards

Jonathan Dunlop
BBC Information

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
How many people work in the BBC complaints department? At least we seem to have mobilised them all.
Xerxes MBE

Offline GaryM

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo.

As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football.  We realise that opinions about presenters vary considerably - it is rare for any presenter to meet the unequivocal approval of our wide and varied audience and appreciate that you do not agree with the BBC's choice of presenter in this occasion.

Regards

BBC Information

Just received that.  I'm not taking it.  Currently composing a reply.
"There's not one club in Europe with an anthem like You'll Never Walk Alone. There's not one club in the world so united with the fans. I sat there watching the Liverpool fans and they sent shivers down my spine. A mass of 40,000 people became one force behind their team ... For that I admire Liverpool more than anything" Johan Cryuff