Liverpool 6-0 Derby: post-match reaction

Pages: << < (85/111) > >>

The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society:

I like the

"So Rafa is this what you'd class as a complete Liverpool performance?"

"No, we missed some chances in the first half"

I paraphrase obviously

Musketeer Gripweed:

Being honest, I was pissed off until Babel and Pennant switched wings. Up to that point we were playing like the Harlem Globetrotters, all style, no substance or real end product.

All credit to Rafa for making the changes.

Predicted to my mate (who I had down for the first time today) after the first it would be at least five.

That Derby nugget Bob Malcolm is a fucking joke, even in the Scottish league.

Very tired now. Time for bed. Had a great day though. ;)

BazC:

Alonso doesn't play any better when Gerrard's not in the team. It's just that when Gerrard plays he's the one who people notice most- since:

1) He's the one making the eye catching passes/runs/shots further up the pitch.

2) He's an English 'superstar' player; people look out for him and how he plays naturally.

Xabi's performances just get masked nowadays; but that doesn't mean he's doing any worse. In fact, I'd say he (and Gerrard) play best when they're playing in the same team together. Their short passing and moving between themselves in central midfield is a joy to watch.

Bob Loblaw:

Has anyone else mentioned Fagan's stamp on Arbeloa? Was fucking nasty, definitely should be looked at.

Deadlogic:

Somewhere, a Norwegian statistician (and alleged 'pool fan) is sitting in a dark room, probably in a corner, definitely crying at the realization that Pennant has become a very good player for this team.

Pages: << < (85/111) > >>

Go to full version