Author Topic: RedBird Capital to buy stake in FSG  (Read 72340 times)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Re: RedBird Capital to buy stake in FSG
« Reply #1120 on: April 5, 2021, 02:17:08 pm »
Yes but Al, you "invest" hoping for a return. How do you propose FSG see their return? Should the club pay them interest on loans, should FSG just hope that the value of the club increases by more than the money they have put in, or should they skim off the profits we hope to make each year?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: April 5, 2021, 10:56:11 pm »
Mac Red has a degree in journalism by the way ;D

So, you don't agree with what I have said there?

I think that a lot of re-financing and financing will take place at the club over coming period: The Main Stand loan, the training complex loan, the losses from the pandemic, the upgrade of the ARE ... Obviously, we will know the exact numbers when the future account reports are published, but I expect that FSG will use this fresh capital to solidify the position of both LFC and the Red Sox in these difficult times. We might not see a spending spree on transfers in the near future, but we will definitely be in a strong position when this crisis is over. Personally, I couldn't ask for more than that ...
« Last Edit: April 5, 2021, 10:59:21 pm by PeterTheRed »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: April 5, 2021, 10:58:46 pm »
You obviously could ask for more. For instance a £200m+ cash injection.

Come on Al, even if they inject £200 million, you will moan because it is not £400 million ...

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1123 on: April 5, 2021, 11:09:56 pm »
Yes but Al, you "invest" hoping for a return. How do you propose FSG see their return? Should the club pay them interest on loans, should FSG just hope that the value of the club increases by more than the money they have put in, or should they skim off the profits we hope to make each year?

The Club is worth 5 times what they paid for it. Their profit is measured in terms of billions when they sell. For me if you look at the landscape of European football then we have a once in a lifetime opportunity. The likes of Madrid, Barca, United and Juve are in disarray and there is an opportunity for Liverpool to establish themselves at the very top table.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1124 on: April 5, 2021, 11:11:23 pm »
Come on Al, even IF they inject £200 million, you will moan because it is not £400 million ...

If only you had said if in your earlier post we wouldn't have had to have this to and froing.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: April 5, 2021, 11:26:01 pm »
If only you had said if in your earlier post we wouldn't have had to have this to and froing.

Al, we understand that these are difficult times for you. FSG seem to be going nowhere, and they are putting money into the club. You are so desperate, you get excited by a simple "if" in my post  ;D

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1126 on: April 5, 2021, 11:38:10 pm »
Al, we understand that these are difficult times for you. FSG seem to be going nowhere, and they are putting money into the club. You are so desperate, you get excited by a simple "if" in my post  ;D

The issue is stating things as fact like here.

Yes, there won't be any additional transfer funds, but that will still be £200+ million injected into the club, and during this crisis, it will be a game changer ...

and

Come on Al, even if they inject £200 million, you will moan because it is not £400 million ...

In the second post you are admitting like the rest of us that you haven't got a clue what will happen.

As for FSG IF they do inject £200m+ of equity into the club I will be delighted and they will get fulsome praise from me.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: April 5, 2021, 11:42:27 pm »
As for FSG IF they do inject £200m+ of equity into the club I will be delighted and they will get fulsome praise from me.

Would you admit that you were completely wrong about them, and promise never to post a bad thing about them?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1128 on: April 5, 2021, 11:45:53 pm »
Would you admit that you were completely wrong about them, and promise never to post a bad thing about them?

I would continue to judge them on their actions as everyone else should do.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1129 on: April 5, 2021, 11:53:51 pm »
I would continue to judge them on their actions as everyone else should do.

Even if they inject £200 million into the club? Al, I have a feeling that you are not beeing 100% honest here  ;)

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1130 on: April 6, 2021, 12:12:09 am »
Even if they inject £200 million into the club? Al, I have a feeling that you are not beeing 100% honest here  ;)

At least we are getting somewhere Mac. You have gone from stating categorically that they are going to inject £200m+, to even If.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1131 on: April 6, 2021, 10:40:40 am »
Have to say Peter this is quite a change in a few months :lmao

I understand what the World is going through, but it is fair to say that this day will be marked as the start of the end of FSG's ownership of LFC. And no, I am not being melodramatic at all. Just sad that a beautiful story will have to end in such an ugly fashion ...
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1132 on: April 6, 2021, 10:43:40 am »
is it a cash injection or a interest free loan?

either way we are better off than clubs like Arsenal and spurs who have take  out bank loans

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1133 on: April 6, 2021, 12:32:52 pm »

It’s the Al effect, turning everyone but him into FSG supporters!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: April 6, 2021, 08:43:01 pm »

Well, they have signed the central defender we needed. It was a shame that Klopp had to go public with it, but eventually FSG listened to him ...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: April 12, 2021, 07:28:11 pm »
Forbes have released their Top 10 Most Valuable Football Clubs list.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1136 on: April 12, 2021, 07:45:25 pm »
And we got a gold star as well!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1137 on: April 12, 2021, 07:48:05 pm »
And we got a gold star as well!

Do FSG really deserve a gold star, though?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: April 12, 2021, 07:54:42 pm »
You had to ask, didnt you? Delete it before Al sees.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1139 on: April 12, 2021, 07:55:24 pm »
You had to ask, didnt you? Delete it before Al sees.

;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1140 on: April 12, 2021, 07:58:21 pm »

I don't think so. As we all know, the Forbes Most Valuable Football Clubs list is the real quiz and when they took over in 2010, we were 6th, so it's taken over 10 years to move up one place, which is pretty poor going.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1141 on: April 12, 2021, 07:59:02 pm »
I don't think so. When they took over in 2010, we were 6th, so it's taken over 10 years to move up one place, which is pretty poor. And as we all know, the Forbes Most Valuable Football Clubs list is the real quiz.

Only there to sign the checks...

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: April 14, 2021, 01:18:38 pm »
I don't think so. As we all know, the Forbes Most Valuable Football Clubs list is the real quiz and when they took over in 2010, we were 6th, so it's taken over 10 years to move up one place, which is pretty poor going.

The gap was much bigger back then, we could realistically become the most valuable club in the world over the next decade especially with the new investment and strategy

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1143 on: April 19, 2021, 12:01:11 am »
Out.