Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 210873 times)

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #2560 on: June 4, 2019, 02:19:50 pm »
Up there with the best 4 days of my life. Everyone got along and everyone was buzzing. Madrid is class. Seems like the only issues came with UEFA's organization outside the ground, but that is to be expected as they are stupid c*nts. Cheers to everyone. What a couple days.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2561 on: June 4, 2019, 02:52:47 pm »
Brilliant trip as usual,loads of our lot went to the fan park & have seen the vids it looked stunning..
But 5 of us aul arses decided to head off to the ground about 4  to see if any bars round there,great suprise it was like a modern day Vincente Calderon loads of little bars all the way down from the metro to the ground
Hope we play them next season will be a great atmosphere.....

I was surprised by how many bars I passed on the walk from Las Rosas metro station to the ground. All we kept hearing before going out there was that there was nothing near the ground.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #2562 on: June 4, 2019, 03:06:59 pm »
I was surprised by how many bars I passed on the walk from Las Rosas metro station to the ground. All we kept hearing before going out there was that there was nothing near the ground.
Spanish city planners have always built communities, unlike their uk counterparts. It’s expected and woven into their culture. The new ‘barrios’ might look like concrete jungles sometimes, but each new block generally comes with a bar at street level and a couple of shops for essentials. A new development without somewhere to meet would be almost unheard of, and people from every generation, young and old, will go out each evening for that social contact.

When we lived over there, the first thing we learned about Spanish life was explained very eloquently by someone who told us, “if any Spaniard is down to his or her last 2 Euros in life, without a second thought they will go out to the local bar and spend it on a glass of wine, beer or a coffee”. In other words, nothing will stop them going out. I remember thinking straight away, my kind of place.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2563 on: June 4, 2019, 03:35:47 pm »
They should get a clout for launching beer to be fair. Maybe not with a baton, but definitely a slap at least.

is right - launching beer is Ingerlund behaviour. No need at all.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2564 on: June 4, 2019, 03:51:51 pm »

Saw a few hanging around Plaza Mayor yanking at UEFA lanyards. A couple lads got press passes. No idea if they got in.

Saw some lads being marched out of the queue outside the ground by police who were holding lanyards which I figured they were trying to blag in with.

I didn't see a sniff of bother...the signage around the ground was shite..do we just guess where to walk?

I stupidly opted to turn left at the top of the steps, ended up walking three quarters of the way around the ground right through the Spurs fans to find my turnstile. A sign might have been nice. ::)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2565 on: June 4, 2019, 03:52:36 pm »
Trip of a lifetime, probably best day/night of my life on Saturday

It was amazing, everything went well apart from the 20 or so c*nts who charged the turnstiles, I saw that as well. Didn't look like any got in to me though. Thank fuck nobody recorded that.

Heres to Istanbul 2019

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2566 on: June 4, 2019, 04:02:01 pm »
Keep shedding random tears when I see images/videos. What an amazing two days.

Even some racist twat in the Aldi in the city centre on Monday randomly saying to me "how dare you wear that shirt in my country" couldn't dampen my mood.
YNWA.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2567 on: June 4, 2019, 04:20:15 pm »
 Finally in Bordeaux.

Found a bar last night by the station in San Sebestian and a lady was intruiged in me and asked where I was sleeping . I told her the station so she invited me back to hers to kip on her couch. Without going into too much detail I didn't want to leave this morning.

:scarf
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2568 on: June 4, 2019, 04:32:20 pm »
Trip of a lifetime, probably best day/night of my life on Saturday

It was amazing, everything went well apart from the 20 or so c*nts who charged the turnstiles, I saw that as well. Didn't look like any got in to me though. Thank fuck nobody recorded that.

Heres to Istanbul 2019

If it's the same lot as I saw then they definitely got in as they got through the final ticket check into the concourse.

Signage was poor outside and in - we were sitting in the wrong block for about an hour pre-match, as were plenty of others, before we finally realised.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2569 on: June 4, 2019, 04:35:48 pm »
Finally in Bordeaux.

Found a bar last night by the station in San Sebestian and a lady was intruiged in me and asked where I was sleeping . I told her the station so she invited me back to hers to kip on her couch. Without going into too much detail I didn't want to leave this morning.

kesey doing a Euro tour of women :scarf
YNWA.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2570 on: June 4, 2019, 07:01:57 pm »
Been some some euro aways but that was my first ever trip for a final and it was absolutely boss. Great to have it in a reasonably accessible city in glorious sunshine. I didn't have a ticket but the fan park was a great atmosphere. Needed a break at some point and I wandered off to parque el retiro during the afternoon and sat in the shade by the lake eating tapas chatting with a couple of arl Atleti fans. Watched the game in a Taberna in the centre. There were a few people a bit too pissed who smashed glasses when they jumped on the tables after Origi's goal but a few of us helped the staff clean up a bit so hopefully we didn't leave too bad of an impression. All in all it was the experience of a lifetime, so glad to have been.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2571 on: June 4, 2019, 07:07:50 pm »
kesey doing a Euro tour of women :scarf

She took the iniative mate . There was nothing I could do. These Latins don't take no for an answer .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #2572 on: June 4, 2019, 08:27:11 pm »
Got back at 2.00am this morning.......what a great trip ! met some brilliant reds, some off here - Andy, Lee, Peter & co...great to meet you lads ! - I loved that session on sunday afternoon on that beautiful sunlit street with the fountain you lot cooled off in !! Still tired, but well worth it......'Let's talk about 6 baby !' YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2573 on: June 4, 2019, 08:57:16 pm »
Finally in Bordeaux.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2574 on: June 4, 2019, 09:48:35 pm »
Brilliant love reading the stories. A weekend I'll never forget, and was great with Spurs fans as well to be fair both supporters got on really well. Was funny after the match we seen a big Northern fella nearly get pick-pocketed by a little rat in the Sol area, fortunately for the little rat there was plod everywhere otherwise he would have got an absolute hiding!

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2575 on: June 4, 2019, 10:35:09 pm »
Thought it was an excellent weekend. Fan park was brilliant albeit baking. Had concerns beforehand but both sets of supporters were well behaved and there was some decent camaraderie between us. Certainly gained some respect for Spurs fans who were pretty sound as far as I saw. Probably helps that we have no notable rivalry or distaste towards them as a club - certainly would be different if it was the Mancs or Chelsea.

Shoutout to the random guys I ended up watching it in the basement of an Italian bar with.

Saw a few hanging around Plaza Mayor yanking at UEFA lanyards. A couple lads got press passes. No idea if they got in.

A few cases of people robbing bags/handbags for tickets but sounds like it was only a few. Not as bad as some feared I think.

A lad I know managed to get into the press box/a press pass. Absolutely no idea how.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2576 on: June 4, 2019, 11:04:09 pm »
Finally at the airport.

Got a bit of wine left. Time to make a sign to put around me neck so one of the cleaners will wake me up.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2577 on: June 5, 2019, 11:56:59 am »
In my local.

Yippeeeeee !!!!!

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2578 on: June 5, 2019, 11:59:02 am »
In my local.

Yippeeeeee !!!!!

Make mine a sextuple!

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2579 on: June 5, 2019, 12:45:22 pm »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2580 on: June 5, 2019, 01:59:18 pm »
Got back at 2.00am this morning.......what a great trip ! met some brilliant reds, some off here - Andy, Lee, Peter & co...great to meet you lads ! - I loved that session on sunday afternoon on that beautiful sunlit street with the fountain you lot cooled off in !! Still tired, but well worth it......'Let's talk about 6 baby !' YNWA
;D Was brilliant to meet you as well...what an incredible trip it was!
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2581 on: June 5, 2019, 02:32:43 pm »

Thing is most of them closed before the match started, don't know if it was because they expected trouble or just couldn't show the match. Managed to watch the match through the window of a small bar near the ground.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #2582 on: June 5, 2019, 03:36:30 pm »
;D Was brilliant to meet you as well...what an incredible trip it was!
Hope you all got back home safely Andy..........Istanbul in August, if finances stretch !

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2583 on: June 6, 2019, 11:39:52 am »
Still recovering trying to get over the weekend. Life is so so shit compared to Madrid on Saturday.

Keep shedding random tears when I see images/videos. What an amazing two days.

Same re the tears!

Even some racist twat in the Aldi in the city centre on Monday randomly saying to me "how dare you wear that shirt in my country" couldn't dampen my mood.

Where was this?

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2584 on: June 6, 2019, 01:23:12 pm »
Still recovering trying to get over the weekend. Life is so so shit compared to Madrid on Saturday.

As in the Aldi in Liverpool city centre near Lime Street on the Monday morning after the parade (I ended up getting a Vueling flight back).
YNWA.

Offline Barnes10

• Main Stander
« Reply #2585 on: June 6, 2019, 05:10:32 pm »
 Trip to Madrid was memorable.... would  only be better if we'd had a few more tickets. when you go to the matches with the same lads and then for the final one has a ticket and the other one doesn't its a bit crap..... fanzone was the highlight even though it was tropical. Riffling through those supermarket freezers for anything to cool the ale will live long in the memory  :)

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2586 on: June 6, 2019, 06:10:36 pm »
Trip to Madrid was memorable.... would  only be better if we'd had a few more tickets. when you go to the matches with the same lads and then for the final one has a ticket and the other one doesn't its a bit crap..... fanzone was the highlight even though it was tropical. Riffling through those supermarket freezers for anything to cool the ale will live long in the memory  :)

The second run for ale found that ice had run out so we used frozen broccoli!!!!!
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2587 on: June 6, 2019, 10:16:56 pm »
The second run for ale found that ice had run out so we used frozen broccoli!!!!!

Funny.

I hope you ate the broccoli afterwards .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #2588 on: June 6, 2019, 10:51:23 pm »
The money I would pay to go back to this time last week - I was like a kid waiting for xmas morning, ready for my flight in the morning. What an unforgettable weekend :scarf :hally :champ
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #2589 on: June 7, 2019, 01:31:34 pm »
Trip to Madrid was memorable.... would  only be better if we'd had a few more tickets. when you go to the matches with the same lads and then for the final one has a ticket and the other one doesn't its a bit crap..... fanzone was the highlight even though it was tropical. Riffling through those supermarket freezers for anything to cool the ale will live long in the memory  :)

Haha we met some reds and they had a massive bucket so we all had all our cans in there. Was boss
Allez Allez Allez

Offline Shaun101

• Didn't take up his ticket for the Screen Sports Super Cup
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Where did I leave it?
« Reply #2590 on: June 7, 2019, 02:40:23 pm »
The money I would pay to go back to this time last week - I was like a kid waiting for xmas morning, ready for my flight in the morning. What an unforgettable weekend :scarf :hally :champ

Same here , up there with the best weekends of my life. I got home Monday at 3am knackered and no voice left and have been no use to man nor beast this week. I can't believe it was a week ago I went over. Wish I could go back to live it all again.

Met some great lads both reds and Spurs fans, it was epic.

Through this week there has been random tears and watching LFCTV on loop with my little girl showing me instagram pics and videos from the parade ...I'm 48 ffs. On a down note the wife is an Essex girl and a Spurs fan so dinner has been a bit quiet.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2591 on: June 7, 2019, 03:47:24 pm »
Same here , up there with the best weekends of my life. I got home Monday at 3am knackered and no voice left and have been no use to man nor beast this week. I can't believe it was a week ago I went over. Wish I could go back to live it all again.

Met some great lads both reds and Spurs fans, it was epic.

Through this week there has been random tears and watching LFCTV on loop with my little girl showing me instagram pics and videos from the parade ...I'm 48 ffs. On a down note the wife is an Essex girl and a Spurs fan so dinner has been a bit quiet.
I'm in the same boat as you...and am also in my mid 40's  ;D
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #2592 on: June 7, 2019, 08:30:27 pm »
Finally getting back to normal. What a fantastic few days, stayed down near Malaga, drove up to Madrid and then back for a couple of days down south. Didn't have tickets but we spent most of the day near the fan zone and then made our way into the city centre to watch the match with the thousands and thousands of other reds. Disappointed that most places shut about 1 o'clock and couldn't get a really late one in but a great day nonetheless. Never saw any suggestion of aggression at all but to be honest never saw many Spurs fans anyway.  Watched the match in a small bar in the la Latina part of town and had a great time. On a bit of a downer now and the shit weather doesn't make it any easier but looking forward to the next one.

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2593 on: June 7, 2019, 08:54:57 pm »
You know, all the shit fans have got over the past few years, it’s been great to read and experience that Madrid went off without any issues. Amazing time. City was excellent. Fans were great. Spurs fans were in good spirit in spite of a difficult defeat. Loved the weekend. Well done to everyone involved.

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2594 on: June 7, 2019, 10:01:59 pm »
Had a fantastic trip and after the journey home from Kiev last year this was one was at the total other end of the scale. Got there early Thursday and my 2 lads arrived Thursday night but what a 3 days to spend with them as I don't see enough of them now. Met up with so many reds in Madrid and the locals were all so welcoming. Too much ale, loads of laughs, tears and joy and mega relief all shared together that NO AMOUNT OF MONEY can ever buy. Just out of tattoo shop with star number 6 added. Digs booked for Istanbul 2020, can't wait to do it all again.  YNWA
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2595 on: June 8, 2019, 10:02:14 am »
10.35 a.m day trip with Thomas Crook. It left late of course. They wanted us to get coaches to the ground but we swerved that and got Metro. Met the lads and got on the ale and in the shade. Had a ball. Met a lad who I took to his 1st game when he was a nipper. Boss seats near the front to see the lads throw Jurgen in the air. To see my lad crying tears of joy will last a lifetime. Grabbed a few cans and got back to airport for the most boring ( delayed) flight ever. You would think we had lost!!!
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #2596 on: June 8, 2019, 11:38:44 am »
10.35 a.m day trip with Thomas Crook. It left late of course. They wanted us to get coaches to the ground but we swerved that and got Metro. Met the lads and got on the ale and in the shade. Had a ball. Met a lad who I took to his 1st game when he was a nipper. Boss seats near the front to see the lads throw Jurgen in the air. To see my lad crying tears of joy will last a lifetime. Grabbed a few cans and got back to airport for the most boring ( delayed) flight ever. You would think we had lost!!!

The emotional drain that. Was absolutely wiped out leaving that stadium. Still partied till 8am mind.
Long live the King

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2597 on: June 8, 2019, 01:18:38 pm »
Best away I've ever had, and not bragging, I've done loads. Not going to go into loads of detail, but if you ever go to Madrid, stay in the Malasana area, you will not be disappointed. Look out for the Plazza del Dos de Mayo, area.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline steashy

• Main Stander
« Reply #2598 on: June 8, 2019, 02:55:57 pm »
cant believe its been a week already, what a amazing trip like a few on here we done the 2.500 mile round trip in the car and it was so worth the drive, didn't have tickets but was worth the journey just to be in the fan zone with all the reds something ill treasure for the rest of my life. just want to say as well how good the fans behaved as didn't see any trouble anywhere from what I seen the police done a brilliant job and just let the fans have a good time. in the fan zone where we was standing just right of the stage there was a fenced off area and the fans got inside and up a tree to put up a flag, police turned up and I thought they might go in heavy handed but they were sound and just moved the fans out with no hassle was great to see funny though as they didn't see the lad up the tree  :D

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2599 on: June 8, 2019, 06:52:34 pm »
Can’t believe it’s a week. I was only in Madrid for 11 hours 😄.  Met a few other lads who were travelling alone so had a few beers and arranged to share cab afterwards back to the airport, needless to say it was like bloody New Year’s Eve trying to get a cab, also managed to get the only Uber driver on the f*cking planet who cudnt find us, was getting a bit tight on times for flight so we just bunged some bloke in a car €100 to take four of us to the airport, managed to see the parade too, crazy 24hrs, gonna have a few beers tonight and watch it all back. 🙂
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.