Author Topic: Martin Tyler  (Read 19584 times)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Martin Tyler
« Reply #240 on: August 8, 2022, 10:57:56 am »
To those excusing Tyler, if he didnt mean it, he would have immediately corrected himself and offered some clarity immediately. He didnt.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #241 on: August 8, 2022, 11:00:19 am »
I think he'll stay clear of Monday Night Football next week. He'll be back for the one the week after though.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: August 8, 2022, 03:29:19 pm »
Thanks.  I scrolled back a few pages and searched for "petition" but couldn't find it.

Signed.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #244 on: August 8, 2022, 03:35:09 pm »

"we weren't that long after Hillsborough, and other - hooligan-related - issues as well"

Given history (and the fact he's an employed orator), he should have worked harder to mention these two things separately. Should also be clearer than simply saying "as well" at the end that he didn't think one was part of the other. That was before reading his apology on a later page. I can't remember him ever saying anything remotely close to this with regards to Hillsborough though. Or casting any aspersions on Paris, as certain BT people did.

I at the very least believe there's a good chance he's being honest. I definitely don't think there is anything to be certain about. Above all though, people need to stop casting aspersions at Kelly Cates. A man mispeaks on an emotive issue, and a day later we have Liverpool fans with the target on a woman (who to say she deserves benefit of the doubt is a major fucking understatement) that works with him. People need to take a moment and think, because you've gone beyond what's reasonable.

I have listened to the clip on repeat a few times to determine which word he emphasised - other or hooligan - and I am still none the wiser what his intent was - if any. On the one hand, he does ever so slightly stress other - which would conflate Hillsborough with hooliganism. Yet on the other hand, he pauses ever so slightly before hooliganism - as you have said - which may allow that he is differentiating between the two. And I can't make up my mind which of the two I am hearing. Possibly him being both boring and bored makes it harder to tell.

I don't want to think an experienced broadcaster would deliberately do this. But I would like to think they would be aware of the sensitivity surrounding the subject, and rather than a prepared twitter statement, say live what he genuinely thinks on the matter. 

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #245 on: August 8, 2022, 05:25:33 pm »
I think he'll stay clear of Monday Night Football next week. He'll be back for the one the week after though.

Will Sky troll us and put him on with Neville for Liverpool-United match? I think i'll find a stream for MUTV instead for some more impartiality.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #246 on: August 8, 2022, 06:00:53 pm »
Considering the shit people are "cancelled" and dragged through the mud for these days, the fact that this c*nt (and I'm sorry, that's exactly what he is, a c*nt) has gotten away with this scot free, is nothing short of a disgrace.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: August 8, 2022, 06:08:14 pm »
https://twitter.com/ptgorst/status/1556685500295127040

Martin Tyler and Sky Sports have committed to working with Liverpool FC to ensure clear and accurate commentary around the Hillsborough disaster going forward. The move comes following controversial radio comments made by the commentator on Friday.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #248 on: August 8, 2022, 06:33:45 pm »

Load of bollocks. Ban him from Anfield and all of our games, time for him to go.

Offline joe buck

• Kopite
  • La La La La La Goose Goose Goose Goose.
« Reply #249 on: August 8, 2022, 08:24:38 pm »
This sleepy eyed t*at has been throwing his
digs in for years now he's gone too far
this time .

Offline Red-4-Ever

• Anny Roader

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2022, 11:15:54 pm »

He’s had almost a quarter century to educate himself in a clear and accurate manner.
This is just ridiculous from sky.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #252 on: October 18, 2022, 11:30:46 pm »
Why is this c*nt still welcome in our home?
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2022, 05:58:19 am »

You sound like my kids.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2022, 06:29:37 am »

Got off way way way too lightly with what he said back in august, the c*nt.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2022, 07:58:43 am »
he looks like the kind of teacher that you wouldn't want to spend detention with alone
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2022, 08:34:58 am »

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2022, 11:33:17 am »
He was commentating on one of the world streams just one or two weeks after the incident & I'm pretty sure he was in the ground, not commentating from a studio

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2022, 04:03:22 pm »
You sound like my kids.

Now that’s piss funny. Soz dad.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2022, 05:06:53 pm »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.