Author Topic: Fundraiser request - To stop the inhumane injustices on children.  (Read 1091 times)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
RAWK. I need your support and help. Mods, please move it or delete it if its not right.

I am currently in 1st semester of my MBA studies in Germany. All the cohorts of my batch are taking part in a fund raising challenge to raise awareness (and funds) for children affected by war, lack of education, poverty and health related preventable diseases.

The organisation "Save the Children" is the Project Organiser. Our campaign ties up with this project through the link provided below. And because it is a challenge, I request you to donate for this project through our campaign.

Donate here: https://betterplace.org/f33145

We have an Instagram and FaceBook for this purpose. Maybe you could just share it. I am not a very social media person. So, I am not sure what I can and cannot say about this.

But more important is this - Please donate and pass it on. Every dollar/euro/pounds/other currency counts and helps the cause. The deadline for this is this Friday (06.09.2019) 1600 German time or 1500 UK time.

I will gladly answer any questions that you might have on our campaign and what we aim to achieve out of this.

And once again, mods, if this is wrong, please feel free to do the needful.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fundraiser request - To stop the inhumane injustices on children.
« Reply #1 on: September 6, 2019, 03:01:05 pm »
:wave best of luck!

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2 on: September 7, 2019, 06:57:42 pm »
Thanks for the support guys. We collected €824 Euros in 48 hours and it included donations from friends, family and lots of unknown donations, presumably from RAWK members. I hadn't advertised anywhere else.

If you have contributed to this, I say my heartful thanks. It was an eye opener to see what the kids go through for no fault of theirs.

The purpose of this fundraiser was primarily to raise awareness. The trauma that kids suffer, last a lifetime. And it is our duty as grownups to provide them with a safe, nurturing and loving environment. You can read more on this on SaveTheChildren website and their global programs webpage.

If you plan on doing any fundraiser for this (or any other) purpose, please do let me know and I will advertise it in anyway I can.

Also, somebody in my cohort posted this fundraiser in some other forum and was immediately questioned if she had a tie up with the organisation. Hence I thought I must clarify here as well. I am not in any way connected to this organization. For 1.5 credits, as our first task in MBA (part time) we had to organise a fundraiser. And this was it.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: September 7, 2019, 07:15:51 pm »
Best of luck with the Project and your Masters.

We need as many people as possible looking out for children all around the world.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 07:08:01 am »
RAWK Family in da house, yo......

ChaCha you have an exceptional spirit and I am in awe of what you've achieved in such a short space of time - I'd recommend (but of course it's up to you!) to share with us the wider context that you wrote to me in the PM. You're part of something amazing that's going on, an alternative movement within humanity, which serves as a stark and inspirational counterpoint to things like Brexit, the rise in populist nationalism, the fear, the greed, the panic, the warmongering, the negative news agenda, the polarisation of demographics, etc.

As soul-based-lifeforms, our mission is to have human experiences that we learn from and leave the planet a little bit better than it was when we first arrived - and I now believe that we relive these experiences until we demonstrate our learning from them.

I believe this alternative movement is gaining new ground, fresh impetus and injections of energy from all around - and it's a choice to follow it. Thank you for making your choice and making a difference :wellin

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 01:50:45 pm »
Thank you mate. Really appreciate it. I will try and summarize what I said. :)

So. I started my part time MBA at a university in Germany. And the first week was a fund raising challenge. We were split into teams of 4-5, totaling to 26 teams. The uni partnered with this organisation SaveTheChildren. This is what they do.

Quote from: From savethechildren.org
All across the globe, children are dying from preventable causes, missing out on education due to poverty or gender, suffering from violence, exploitation and neglect, and are vulnerable in times of crisis. In every corner of the world, children need a strong voice to stand up for them, work on their behalf and make their lives better.

Save the Children is the voice for vulnerable children. We’re on the ground in 120 countries, working to reach every last child through international programs that focus on health, education, protection and disaster relief. Together, we’re changing children’s lives and the future we all share.

The 2018 financial review show the following.

For us students, the working days was split into 5 different modules and each day we were presented a challenge and we had to come up with a strategy on how we intend on achieving the challenge of the day. But in the grand scheme of things, it was aimed at collecting donations - online and offline. And because it was a challenge, the 26 teams (later reduced to 25) were competing with each other to come up with strategies and ideas that got them the most donations, not just in terms of money, but also in terms of number of donations. In the end, my team managed about €1090 euros in donations (from some 40 donations) - online and offline. And our cohort managed to get 83k euros. Yes. Eighty three thousand euros. So it was worth it. I felt good about doing what I did to be a part of a cohort that got us to that number.

As for me, this initiative really moved me. I got involved in animal shelters in 2006 (when I was 19) after I learnt of some of the ways the cats and dogs were ill treated and abused. It really moved me and I sought solace by working as a part time volunteer in an animal shelter. This week was exactly the same, except that now, its about the kids. Its really sad that people would target kids' vulnerability and innocence just to fulfill their pockets, ego, fetishes, satisfaction. Kids should have a free space around them, where they are showered with love, care and affection and enable them nurture their creativity and learning without any external negative influence. This is where organisations like STC and UNICEF come in.

And 24/7 told me in PM, our purpose on earth, as adults, is to make this world a little better place to our kids. Not just ours, but also other's kids. We are here for a short period of time. And we should strive and work to make the world a little better place when we leave. Thats our true legacy beyond our physical lives.

As to this challenge, thanks to the RAWK mods for allowing something like this on the forum. Not many forums were receptive of this when I posted there. Thanks for all the donations if you donated to this last week. If you didnt, I am happy that you are atleast aware of this dire situation that some adults would harm other's kids for their own gain.

And lastly, what I learnt from this fundraiser...

1. It doesnt matter to whom or even if you donate. As long as you do something for a genuine cause, keep doing it. It doesnt have to be monetary. It could be even volunteering.
2. Personally, I intend on doing some private fundraisers for different purposes that this world could do better with. However small the donations are. They go to a good cause.
3. In the recent history, the world is being torn apart with polarised geopolitics and selfish desires. Doing something that keeps your mind off such things, certainly helps spread some positivity.
4. Have fun doing fundraisers. It is for a good cause - animal welfare, children, afforestation, climate change and other causes. Believe in something and be an active player in it.