Author Topic: Owen's Brochure impresses Ferguson  (Read 205027 times)

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Michael Owen 32-page brochure
« Reply #440 on: July 2, 2009, 10:20:39 pm »
He's having a medical at Man Utd tomorrow apparently. Quite happy they have missed out on Benzema, Tevez, lost Ronaldo and are going for someone like Owen.

Not really if they're going for someone like Aguero with him.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: July 2, 2009, 10:24:26 pm »
Haha.  Out of Rooney, Berbatov and Ronaldo, Ronaldo was the one who had the worst season. If you take away his penalties and free kicks he would not have been in double figures last season
:lmao

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #442 on: July 2, 2009, 10:29:01 pm »
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope he goes there. :lmao

Somethings are sacred, and shitting on us by joining that lot would be the last straw.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #443 on: July 2, 2009, 10:31:05 pm »
Somethings are sacred, and shitting on us by joining that lot would be the last straw.
He's a c*nt. If he goes there he is an even bigger c*nt. He isn't shitting on us though, doing us a favor more like.
ynwa

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: July 2, 2009, 10:31:29 pm »
Fair enough, but would you not think its a good thing since hes shite?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #445 on: July 2, 2009, 10:34:06 pm »
I will actually piss myself if he signs for them.

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #446 on: July 2, 2009, 10:36:37 pm »
Fair enough, but would you not think its a good thing since hes shite?

That's the thing though he's not shite, he'd score a bagful with them. The style of play would suit him down to the ground, Andy Cole had a successful career with the Mancs. I'd honestly have prefered them get Benzema for £30mil, unproven and could be another Cisse for all we know. Owen is still only 29 and if he manages to put his injuries behind him he'll score goals for whoever he plays for, if they get him for nowt, even if he's a bench warmer the more money they have to spend on more players.

I've no beef with Owen really up to now, he's treated the fans with less indifference than the fans have treated him but if he joined that shower then it would be a very low thing to do.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline lfcjake

• Kopite
  • A Fellow Red
« Reply #447 on: July 2, 2009, 10:38:16 pm »
What a scum fucker.
Sup bitches?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #448 on: July 2, 2009, 10:39:36 pm »
What a scum fucker.

It's only goal.com, don't get ahead of yourself.

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: July 2, 2009, 10:43:41 pm »
It's only goal.com, don't get ahead of yourself.

Just been reported on Granada news. Looks like it may happen.
"When I decided to sign a new contract I did it because Liverpool Football Club is more than a club. It is the heart of the city. It is our life and for the people here it means so much. I thought I had to sign. We have to fight. We have to do it."

"Hello, a big heart has space for everyone. Thank you."

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: July 2, 2009, 10:49:34 pm »
That's the thing though he's not shite, he'd score a bagful with them. The style of play would suit him down to the ground, Andy Cole had a successful career with the Mancs. I'd honestly have prefered them get Benzema for £30mil, unproven and could be another Cisse for all we know. Owen is still only 29 and if he manages to put his injuries behind him he'll score goals for whoever he plays for, if they get him for nowt, even if he's a bench warmer the more money they have to spend on more players.

I've no beef with Owen really up to now, he's treated the fans with less indifference than the fans have treated him but if he joined that shower then it would be a very low thing to do.
So you'd take him over Benzema?

Even if he did stay fit and he won't, he adds nothing to overall play, can't get in behind and is not gonna put defenders under pressure. Can you imagine next season that gang coming to Anfield with Owen and Berbatov upfront and Rooney, Valencia on the wings. I would honestly love to see that.

Offline JoeK

• Legacy Fan
  • Come on you tricky reds...
« Reply #451 on: July 2, 2009, 10:51:55 pm »

I'm completely opposite, i'd rather them have 3 Michael Owen's than 1 Benzema, the lad it fucking top notch. Only things he's got in common with Cisse is Pace and his nationality, because for one, he can control the ball.
What bits does it have? Because as long as there's not eight inches of slaghammer down there, I'd be up it like a rat up a drainpipe

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #452 on: July 2, 2009, 10:53:02 pm »
So you'd take him over Benzema?

Even if he did stay fit and he won't, he adds nothing to overall play, can't get in behind and is not gonna put defenders under pressure. Can you imagine next season that gang coming to Anfield with Owen and Berbatov upfront and Rooney, Valencia on the wings. I would honestly love to see that.

I bet you if Owen plays for Manchester United, and we dont sign Villa, Owen will score more goals than our second striker (not including Gerrard)

He will get double figures comfortably for them

Offline Estonian_Red

• Would like to fornicate with Shaun the Sheep.
  • Main Stander
  • We love you Rafa ...
« Reply #453 on: July 2, 2009, 10:53:49 pm »
Haha.  Out of Rooney, Berbatov and Ronaldo, Ronaldo was the one who had the worst season. If you take away his penalties and free kicks he would not have been in double figures last season

Scared are we, you MANC ... go home to your husband ...

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #454 on: July 2, 2009, 10:54:26 pm »

doubt it bet he don't play 20 games for them in a season
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #455 on: July 2, 2009, 10:55:42 pm »

Some people on here dropped eye water when lickle Mikey was criticised in harsh terms, saying he was misunderstood and blah de blah de blah, and those people, and the choking sounds they make, and the shame and embarassment they'd feel for their romanticisation of him, would be the best bit of this transfer, if it goes through.

Owen was never fit to clean Robbie's boots. He only cares for England, only ever did care for them. Playing with Rooney for the mancs would in his mind, skyrocket him back into the England team, because the Croxteth Caveman is the main man for Ingland, and that's the main attraction, all that Owen lives for. I will laugh my head off if he signs for them, and laugh my head off at all of his gullible detractors here too.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #456 on: July 2, 2009, 10:57:16 pm »
doubt it bet he don't play 20 games for them in a season

He will get double figures for them if he is to go to them

He will spend a lot of time on the bench.

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: July 2, 2009, 10:58:32 pm »
I bet you if Owen plays for Manchester United, and we dont sign Villa, Owen will score more goals than our second striker (not including Gerrard)

He might well do. Whats more important though is which strike force will score more and contribute to how the team plays, dont you think?

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: July 2, 2009, 11:00:18 pm »

I'd be surprised if he can notch up appearences going into double figures. Then starts into double figures... then perhaps thinking about goals.

I don't care if he goes there to be honest.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #459 on: July 2, 2009, 11:00:23 pm »
He might well do. Whats more important though is which strike force will score more and contribute to how the team plays, dont you think?

yes, but goals win games, and Owen has still got the ability to score match winning goals, if he is in the right term. As an option from the bench, he is a bloody good one, although maybe a tad expensive

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #460 on: July 2, 2009, 11:00:24 pm »
He will get double figures for them if he is to go to them

He will spend a lot of time on the bench.

bet he spends more time on the treatment table
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: July 2, 2009, 11:03:49 pm »
If Owen's house was on fire the first thing he would do is save his England caps. Everything else would come second!

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #462 on: July 2, 2009, 11:05:11 pm »
If Owen's house was on fire the first thing he would do is save his England caps. Everything else would come second!

what if his england caps were on fire, and his stables were on fire, and he could only save one........

like picking your favourite child no doubt

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: July 2, 2009, 11:07:45 pm »
yes, but goals win games, and Owen has still got the ability to score match winning goals, if he is in the right term. As an option from the bench, he is a bloody good one, although maybe a tad expensive
He needs chances for that to happen. Gone are the days when Micky little bollox could make a goal out of nothing. The team has to be playing well. Its not going to be like last season when they would bring Tevez on and he would visibly lift the players around him and invariably have a part or score the goal they need.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #464 on: July 2, 2009, 11:09:46 pm »
He needs chances for that to happen. Gone are the days when Micky little bollox could make a goal out of nothing. The team has to be playing well. Its not going to be like last season when they would bring Tevez on and he would visibly lift the players around him and invariably have a part or score the goal they need.

So you think United wont create enough chances?

I think your being rather naive, you think they will struggle?

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #465 on: July 2, 2009, 11:11:00 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/5725623/Michael-Owen-joins-Manchester-United.html

The Manchester United manager, Mr. Ferguson, was poised make an astonishing move in the transfer marker by bringing injury-prone striker Michael Owen to Old Trafford on a free transfer.

Reliable sources have confirmed to Telegraph Sport that Owen is on the brink of joining the Premier League champions after becoming a free agent when his contract at Newcastle expired on Tuesday.

Details of the prospective deal are scarce but it is anticipated that Owen, 29, would sign a highly incentivised deal due to his worrying problems with injuries over the last four years at St James' Park where he was paid £115,000 per week.

Owen, who will be ready to accept a dramatic drop in wages, has already attracted public declarations of interest from Stoke and Hull while Tottenham and Portsmouth are also understood to be keen on securing the services of a striker who has fallen from grace during his time on Tyneside.

Despite his strong links with United's arch-rivals Liverpool, Owen would welcome a move to United because it would give him the chance to prove himself at Champions League level and also bolster his chances of regaining his place in England head coach Fabio Capello's plans for next summer's World Cup finals.

Due to his fitness problems, the recruitment of Owen would seem to represent a gamble for Ferguson but concerns over his durability will be offset by the chance to hire him on a free transfer.

Should Owen join United - where he would also get the chance to team up with England striker Wayne Rooney - he would plug one of the gaps in the United ranks cause by the departure of two of Ferguson's so-called 'Fab Four' in the shape of Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez.

It would allay the fears for United supporters in what is shaping up to be a worrying summer for the club who have lost out to Real Madrid in the race for Lyon striker Karem Benzema but have signed right-winger Antonio Valencia from Wigan for £16 million.

The former Manchester United and England skipper, Bryan Robson, is confident that Owen can still prosper in the upper echelons of the game despite his recent problems since his £17-million move to Newcastle from Real Madrid.

"Michael is a natural goal-scorer and natural goalscorers who can do the business at the highest level are few and far between," Robson told Telegraph Sport in a recent interview.

"I definitely think that he is capable of being a Champions League striker because he's only 29 and he has still plenty of good years left in him yet."

@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #466 on: July 2, 2009, 11:15:07 pm »

They need to bring in someone who scares teams, has the dribbling ability, physical attributes and goalscoring ability of Ronaldo. Otherwise I think they'll struggle for chances. They played dour football for much of last season, to be honest and certainly wouldn't have finished as champions without Ronaldo.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #467 on: July 2, 2009, 11:16:23 pm »
They need to bring in someone who scares teams, has the dribbling ability, physical attributes and goalscoring ability of Ronaldo. Otherwise I think they'll struggle for chances.

we have not got someone like that, nor has Chelsea, nor has Arsenal, nor has anyone other than Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona..... so are they all going to struggle to make chances?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #468 on: July 2, 2009, 11:16:58 pm »
Massive twat if he does go there. Was going to say the only comparable thing was us signing Ince but thinking about it that was massively different because:

- Ince wasn't a homegrown Manc
- Ince was booted out by United, Owen shat on us when he moved

I'm hoping he's a spent force but agree a bit with Something Else that there's a chance he could stay fit and bang them in.

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #469 on: July 2, 2009, 11:18:44 pm »
we have not got someone like that, nor has Chelsea, nor has Arsenal, nor has anyone other than Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona..... so are they all going to struggle to make chances?

Different style of football. They were very dour last season and Ronaldo was their knight in shining armour. We looked better without Gerrard and Torres than they did without him - Unfortunately, we were hit by injuries to said players far more often.

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: July 2, 2009, 11:22:47 pm »

When their playing badly and not creating chances which will happen at some point. I'd much rather them bring Owen on rather than Tevez who is a player who creates not only with skill but with his workrate and tempo.

To your second point, I don't believe I'm being naive. I would say I'm using logic. ;)

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #471 on: July 2, 2009, 11:24:57 pm »
I would be suprised if Owen is their only attacking signing this summer, for a start, and secondly playing differently may actually get more out of berbatov, lets face it they cant get less

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #472 on: July 2, 2009, 11:27:14 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Owen

Done deal!!! Wiki never lies kk.

Offline Wewonit6times

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #473 on: July 2, 2009, 11:31:35 pm »
Delighted to see them sign a mediocre player. Long may it continue.

Will be especially great if he's their only striker signing of the summer. If he isnt then he's barely going to play anyway.

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: July 2, 2009, 11:34:43 pm »
It's not the fact of whether he's any good or not , it's the very fact he might go there which pisses me off,he'll be despised by the kop now,how could he go there ? Wanker if he does.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #475 on: July 2, 2009, 11:35:32 pm »
would love to here Carra's thoughts on it

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: July 2, 2009, 11:36:57 pm »
wouldn't put it past him to move there. shit on us before so might as well do it again
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: July 2, 2009, 11:37:38 pm »
If he has the chance he'd be fucking daft to not play for them c*nts, in fairness. Hull, Blackburn or the league champions? Hmm.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: July 2, 2009, 11:39:55 pm »
If he has the chance he'd be fucking daft to not play for them c*nts, in fairness. Hull, Blackburn or the league champions? Hmm.
I'd never play for that shite, mikie boy is a shithouse rat if he goes there and the kop will let him know it. It's Man Utd michael you fucking idiot.