Author Topic: Owen's Brochure impresses Ferguson  (Read 205491 times)

hoonin

Re: The Michael Owen 32-page brochure
« Reply #600 on: July 3, 2009, 06:57:46 am »
You've been stalking me from a couple a weeks ago, can you back off?

?

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #601 on: July 3, 2009, 07:00:44 am »
well good luck to him...i thought it was a bad joke on the media that he is going, but its seems real!  He does need a proper club for his place in the world cup (is what he really care).  Playing with Rooney would be ideal for him.  I hope he doesnt expect a good welcome when he is coming to anfield (if he isnt injured)

Lets see if United got fooled by bad advertisement of the brochure :P
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: July 3, 2009, 07:03:02 am »
He saved us from mid-table mediocrity on one or two occasions, at a time when we were a laughing stock to most other Premier League clubs. He was a massive part of the success we enjoyed and craved under GH, and although could have went about his exit a bit better, was still a big part of this football club in the past 15 years.

Arguably Heskey was more important to our fortunes than Owen was. And I'd say setting our team up around Owen prevented us from developing as a side.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline anoop

• Kopite
  • let me in..
« Reply #603 on: July 3, 2009, 07:11:48 am »
new 'fab 4'

shrek - berba - owen - valencia

gives me the shivers :P

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: July 3, 2009, 07:13:42 am »
I remember the Leverkusen game in the CL under Houllier, when we were put out. He missed a few chances in that game and seemed to take most of the flack for our exit. The next week, he puts away an outrageously great pass from Gerrard that didn't even look like a chance (away at Sunderland?). I think my point is, everyone misses chances - even the most clinical of finishers. When you're scraping the bottom of the barrel, and heading towards the Championship, they're more crucial than missing chances in games where you're a couple up and cruising (reference: Torres, Fernando. This season.) Coming back from injury, as he always seemed to be for Newcastle, I guess those chances that are normally easy, are going to be that little bit harder.

But that just summed him up. He never progressed beyond the young player who'd hit bursts of form. He never really became the world class finisher that the likes of van Nistlerooy, Eto'o, Raul, Henry, Crespo, etc did. The ones who no matter how unfit they were, they'd always find it in them to score regularly.
That Leverkusen game summed Owen up. He never looked like scoring because the occasion got to him. It's something I never understood about him. He can look world class against the likes of United, Barcelona, Roma one season then the next seem completely anonymous. I also can't remember a proper 'partnership' he had with another striker. Either they completely served his game (Heskey) or he looked completely disjointed up with him (anyone else).
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: July 3, 2009, 07:15:32 am »
This reminds me of us being linked with Eto'o, Villa and ending up with Bellamy.

Offline FinnishRed

• Frog in a liquidiser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities...
« Reply #606 on: July 3, 2009, 07:16:03 am »
Some people do really have a lot of problems with their ex-s, I can see it from this thread. Owen is our past, I don't want to care if he's gonna join ManU or else. Why should we?

Because:

Owen was my hero as a youngster. I will be gutted if he signs for that mob.

That simple really.

Personally I just hope it never happens.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #607 on: July 3, 2009, 07:17:36 am »
Arguably Heskey was more important to our fortunes than Owen was. And I'd say setting our team up around Owen prevented us from developing as a side.

Heskey = 150 appearance, 39 goals
Owen = 216 appearance, 118 goals

but stats alone doesnt tell you the whole story...but its an image of the story....
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: July 3, 2009, 07:27:53 am »
Heskey = 150 appearance, 39 goals
Owen = 216 appearance, 118 goals

but stats alone doesnt tell you the whole story...but its an image of the story....

What that tells you is that most of Heskey's goals came in one season...the season that was our most successful since our last league triumph and up until Istanbul.
The season where he was pretty much our main striker.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #609 on: July 3, 2009, 07:28:14 am »
If he signs for them, I will laugh at fucking Mickey "Bluenose twat" Owen and that shower of shite. And I will fucking toss my Mickey Owen shirt into the bin (my first ever Liverpool shirt, mind you).

Offline LFC Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: July 3, 2009, 07:46:40 am »
I think it's unreal that Owen is going to sign for the mancs.   He scored over 150 goals for us, and if he goes to the mancs that'll show that those goals probably don't mean a thing to him.   It's really no big deal where he goes, he's our past, not our future.  No doubt this time last week, a lot of us would have said 'no' straight away at the thought of him coming back.

Hopefully he'll get a similar time with the twats as he did at Newcastle, a lot of injuries and almost f**k all goals. 
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game" - Bill Shankly

Offline NeverWalkAlone96

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #611 on: July 3, 2009, 07:49:15 am »
It's just comical if this signing goes through, absolutely comical.  And I would have lost a lot of respect for Owen of course, but as far as what itll do to the mancs its just insane I don't know what sir whiskey nose is thinking, but I'm glad he's thinking it cuz he will do fuck all for them.  Can't believe Owen would really do that though as he was one of my first liverpool heroes- not anymore though.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #612 on: July 3, 2009, 07:58:27 am »
Mate of mine met him a while ago and while talking Owen indicated he would end up at Everton on a pay as you play deal .
I wouldn't have minded him here on a play as you play deal .. as i see it will be a pay as you play rolling contract at utd ..

Offline scousepower

• Legacy Fan
  • A Child of The Rafalution
« Reply #613 on: July 3, 2009, 08:09:40 am »
he was like my idol when i was about 10 yrs old, to say im pissed off would be putting it lightly.
'Hi Paul im from The S*n' 'Im from the Earth, now fuck off'

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: July 3, 2009, 08:12:45 am »
Good news this. Just shows you how hard up whiskey breath is for players. They wanted benzema and get owen. :wave
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #615 on: July 3, 2009, 08:13:21 am »
Wow, there's a genuinely new emotion, I didn't think i could respect him any less but he's gone and proven me wrong again
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Maudes

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #616 on: July 3, 2009, 08:14:36 am »

Ex-Liverpool FC striker Michael Owen set to sign for Man Utd

Jul 3 2009

Manchester United are to sign former England striker Michael Owen on a free transfer, according to reports.

Owen’s Newcastle contract lapsed on July 1 but although the former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker apparently remained eager to stay in the Barclays Premier League, it appeared only the likes of Stoke and Hull were ready to make a concrete offer.

They now appear to have been joined by reigning champions United, who have lost star man Cristiano Ronaldo and Argentina striker Carlos Tevez since the end of last season.

Owen suffered from a series of injury problems during his stint at St James’ Park and Mr. Ferguson is thought to be lining up a pay-as-you-play deal for the forward.

The 29-year-old was believed to be on around £110,000 at Newcastle, for whom he scored 10 goals as they were relegated to the Coca-Cola Championship last season, but would be happy to take a reduced basic salary for a top-four club.

Owen has failed to persuade England coach Fabio Capello that he has both the form and fitness to add to his 89 international caps but would relish the chance to forge a partnership with the Italian’s first-choice striker, Wayne Rooney, at Old Trafford.

United have yet to officially comment on the deal.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/07/03/ex-liverpool-fc-striker-michael-owen-set-to-sign-for-man-utd-100252-24064952/

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #617 on: July 3, 2009, 08:16:16 am »
He was a boyhood Evertonian, must be nice for him to get a move to his second team.

"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #618 on: July 3, 2009, 08:24:33 am »
I know i'm in the minority but I don't blame him one bit.  He's already shown he doesn't particularly care what we fans think, he's made some awful career decisions so far, so when the choice comes down to Hull, Stoke or the current champions, where do you expect him to pick?  Should we suddenly make him an offer and he turns us down then i'll be able to understand the animosity a bit more.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #619 on: July 3, 2009, 08:26:14 am »
Ex-Liverpool FC striker Michael Owen set to sign for Man Utd

Jul 3 2009

Manchester United are to sign former England striker Michael Owen on a free transfer, according to reports.

Owen’s Newcastle contract lapsed on July 1 but although the former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker apparently remained eager to stay in the Barclays Premier League, it appeared only the likes of Stoke and Hull were ready to make a concrete offer.

They now appear to have been joined by reigning champions United, who have lost star man Cristiano Ronaldo and Argentina striker Carlos Tevez since the end of last season.

Owen suffered from a series of injury problems during his stint at St James’ Park and Mr. Ferguson is thought to be lining up a pay-as-you-play deal for the forward.

The 29-year-old was believed to be on around £110,000 at Newcastle, for whom he scored 10 goals as they were relegated to the Coca-Cola Championship last season, but would be happy to take a reduced basic salary for a top-four club.

Owen has failed to persuade England coach Fabio Capello that he has both the form and fitness to add to his 89 international caps but would relish the chance to forge a partnership with the Italian’s first-choice striker, Wayne Rooney, at Old Trafford.

United have yet to officially comment on the deal.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/07/03/ex-liverpool-fc-striker-michael-owen-set-to-sign-for-man-utd-100252-24064952/

If, and thats a big If, he goes through with this then he'll have fucked himself up big time with reds.
Can't believe he's that desperate he'd join them knowing full well what that would say to us.
I hope it's all rubbish, if it ain't well he may have thought he got a bit of cold reception when he came back with newcastle
It will be fuck-all like the reception he gets if he ran onto anfield in that kit with thats sour faced twat knowing full well what he'd be doing by playing him
if Owen has a single ounce of common sense he'll swerve this more than any Hull bid.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #620 on: July 3, 2009, 08:35:52 am »
Once a blue, always a manc.

If he has a bit of self respect, a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze-Ve2vAjww&feature=related

Offline stevie h g

• Kopite
« Reply #621 on: July 3, 2009, 08:37:32 am »
If you'd have said to me at the end of last season that the Mancs would have lost Ronaldo and signed Owen, I'd have been delighted.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: July 3, 2009, 08:42:43 am »
Anyone else think that Mr Furguson has gone in for owen because we made an attempt to sign Tevez? Different scenario of course.

A lad at work was telling me about this this morning an he was saying that he couldnt see Owen signing for them lot. I disagreed and said he wouldnt even think twice, he's a shitbag IMO
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #623 on: July 3, 2009, 08:45:31 am »
If, and thats a big If, he goes through with this then he'll have fucked himself up big time with reds.
Can't believe he's that desperate he'd join them knowing full well what that would say to us.
I hope it's all rubbish, if it ain't well he may have thought he got a bit of cold reception when he came back with newcastle
It will be fuck-all like the reception he gets if he ran onto anfield in that kit with thats sour faced twat knowing full well what he'd  be doing by playing him
if Owen has a single ounce of common sense he'll swerve this more than any Hull bid.

That's a bit rich isn't it? What's he meant to do, sign for Hull?
Fucked himself big time with Reds? Hasn't he already done that with most reds anyway?
There is no reported offer in from us, is there? if there was I'm fairly sure he'd pick us over anyone, but just because he's picking the best option on the table for him, he's some kind of lepper?

My view is this, Some of our fans are a joke (Not particularly you Chopper), laughing at Owen's situation since he left us and now a wee bit scared that he might do the business for our most hated rivals.

I think he wants to sign for us, but with no offer on the table and with the way we are set up to play, Rafa doesn't think he will add to the squad. If he can stay fit, I do think he will score goals for fun for them, as he will just stay in and around the 12 yrd box and feed of the crosses they provide. I don't think he will start any games against the top 4 or big European games.

Perversely, I don't think he would improve us, but think he will improve them.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: July 3, 2009, 08:55:23 am »
Perversely, I don't think he would improve us, but think he will improve them.
How on earth will he improve them from last season?

Offline scoopex

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #625 on: July 3, 2009, 08:55:40 am »
Now confirmed Michael Owen will have a full medical with United later today.
RAWK TICKET EXCHANGE TRADE COUNT: +11

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: July 3, 2009, 08:57:07 am »
That's a bit rich isn't it? What's he meant to do, sign for Hull?

Everton wants the little slimey fuck or you forgetting this so your argument looks better? He's supposed to be a boyhood fan as well

whats there to be scared of is he suddenly going to become a 20 league goal a season man after not doing it in his prime

shearer didn't even rate him while his team were about to be relegated

hope he takes his no medals curse with him
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: July 3, 2009, 08:57:37 am »

Where?
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: July 3, 2009, 08:59:48 am »
This is the best news I've had all week. Awesome stuff! ;D ;D
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #629 on: July 3, 2009, 08:59:56 am »
Well the lad sure knows how to piss over the little bit of his legacy that remains.  I hope we tonk them at Anfield so that we can remind him again that he should have signed for a big club.
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #630 on: July 3, 2009, 09:01:21 am »
hope he takes his no medals curse with him

Like the treble of medals he was instrumental in winning in 2001. That curse?
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #631 on: July 3, 2009, 09:02:03 am »
This transfer window has turned into a comedy of epic proportions.

In the face of a collapsing banking world, Real Madrid are close to spending 200 million Euros, picking a star from the Premiership, Serie A, League 1, and (soon) the Bundesliga.

Chelsea can't sign anyone outside the Russian league.

Man City are busting a gut, with only the Ambitious Gareth Barry and Roque Santa Cruz to show for it, so far.

I read today that Chelsea were disgusted that Man City's
bid for John Terry was ONLY £30 million.  ;D  x 11.

And Rafa is watching this farce, rubbing his goatee and plotting his next move......

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline LFC Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: July 3, 2009, 09:02:04 am »
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game" - Bill Shankly

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #633 on: July 3, 2009, 09:02:05 am »

Where did I say from last season?

Berbatov, Rooney, Wellback & Machedia are the only forwards at the club and Ferguson has got to find the 30 odd goals that Ronaldo and Tevez provided last year. When fit, Owen scored 1 in 2 games for a woeful Newcastle team, imagine how many chances he will get at Old Trafford with all their possesion?

Offline Maudes

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #634 on: July 3, 2009, 09:02:36 am »

The Mancs are an attacking team, and Owen is a great finisher. If they play the Rooney/Berbatov pairing upfront next season, he would be a backup for those two. Of course, the Mancs still need another wide attacking player for the left side, in addition to Valencia who will be probably starting on the right.

In any case, they will be weaker than last season.

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: July 3, 2009, 09:02:38 am »
Source?

Sweet mother of god, FUCKING HELL!

Offline redwood32

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: July 3, 2009, 09:03:24 am »
Doesn't bother me either way. Bit disappointing he'd join that lot, but then again, if he's their answer for Ronaldo and missing out on Benzema, I don't think he'll help them at all.

Shocking to think that Ferguson is a sucker for a glossy brochure. Should send the Mancs a few glossy brochures on a few things I'd like to sell.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: July 3, 2009, 09:03:33 am »
Like the treble of medals he was instrumental in winning in 2001. That curse?

obviously its the one for the past 5 years since he said what he did and made the moves that he did(lets forget that newcastle are shit anyway and were going to win fuck all from the day he signed, never thought they would get relegated though before he turned up)

When fit, Owen scored 1 in 2 games for a woeful Newcastle team, imagine how many chances he will get at Old Trafford with all their possesion?

actually owen for the past two years scored 23 in 62(1 in 2.7) its only made to sound better because of his 7 in 11 from his first season

Sweet mother of god, FUCKING HELL!

why the shock like there was any doubt he would be that much of a twat.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2009, 09:08:13 am by LFCfan4Life »
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: July 3, 2009, 09:05:54 am »
Where?

Sly Sports News.

I'd like to say I'm surprised at all of this, I'm not.

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: July 3, 2009, 09:12:03 am »
why the shock like there was any doubt he would be that much of a twat.
Get real, mate. Has Owen ever said a bad word of LFC?