Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 606683 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #3600 on: October 21, 2017, 11:31:36 am »
That was some welcoming to the NBA from Beverley. He took no mercy on the kid. Constantly at him all game, he wore him down and in the second half drained a three right over him and Ball just looked dejected at that point.

3 points, 1-6 shooting. Think he ended up with a fair few rebounds and a handful of assists. You have to factor in opening night nerves and give him time to adjust but I just don't ever see him nearly justifying the hype. His shooting motion is the weirdest thing I've seen.
Me too, hate the Clippers but love Beverley. No nonsense, pure heart, just like the 80's type of basketball.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3601 on: October 21, 2017, 11:38:22 am »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3602 on: October 21, 2017, 12:29:54 pm »
monster game from Vucevic yesterday

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3603 on: October 21, 2017, 02:06:13 pm »

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3604 on: October 21, 2017, 02:19:13 pm »

3 points, 1-6 shooting. Think he ended up with a fair few rebounds and a handful of assists. You have to factor in opening night nerves and give him time to adjust but I just don't ever see him nearly justifying the hype. His shooting motion is the weirdest thing I've seen.
And then he goes for 29/11/9. Got to let young players go through their bumps.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #3605 on: October 21, 2017, 02:26:12 pm »
Just threw a tenner on Markkanen to win ROTY @33/1

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3606 on: October 21, 2017, 02:55:10 pm »
And then he goes for 29/11/9. Got to let young players go through their bumps.
he was playing Phoenix

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3607 on: October 21, 2017, 04:08:17 pm »
he was playing Phoenix

Regardless, it's a good showing.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3608 on: October 21, 2017, 04:37:01 pm »
he was playing Phoenix

Yeah doesn’t matter who he’s playing if he’s posting those numbers in his debut season.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3609 on: October 21, 2017, 04:49:56 pm »
Yeah doesn’t matter who he’s playing if he’s posting those numbers in his debut season.

True, but that is one sorry Suns team. I mean they have looked shocking on the defensive end so far. When the Lakers are dropping 132 on you then you know you are pretty poor.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3610 on: October 22, 2017, 07:46:00 am »
Some crazy results in the NBA. Cavs lost by 20 at home to Orlando Magic, we (Warriors) lost to Memphis. Utah won against the OKC.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3611 on: October 22, 2017, 08:09:41 am »
Numbers of Giannis so far this season:

37 pts in 13-22 FG, 13 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals
34 pts in 15-22 FG,  8 reb, 8 assists, 3 steals
44 pts in 17-23 FG, 8 reb, 4 assists, 2 steals

Kid is playing like unanimous MVP so far.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3612 on: October 22, 2017, 08:21:35 am »
I'd trade anyone on our (Pistons) roster for Markkanen. I'd trade the whole roster for him.

Barring any off the court issues, he will be a superstar. His performance tonight wasn't statistically great but it was mature far beyond his years.

Surely not even GarPax can fuck this lad up.

The Bulls are bad though. Just a horrible basketball team.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:23:41 am by Anywhichwayucan »

Offline MattyBoy21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3613 on: October 22, 2017, 08:24:19 am »
Giannis, man. 44 points on 74% shooting, clutch steal and dunk then the game saving block.

That boy is an absolute animal.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3614 on: October 22, 2017, 09:05:46 am »
Ben Simmons is having a fairly solid start to the season. He's not shooting the lights out but 3 double doubles in the first 3 games is decent. He's good for a handful of assists every game too.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3615 on: October 22, 2017, 09:15:02 am »
Ben Simmons is having a fairly solid start to the season. He's not shooting the lights out but 3 double doubles in the first 3 games is decent. He's good for a handful of assists every game too.
On a related news, 76ers somehow manages to look worse than last year.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3616 on: October 22, 2017, 09:47:01 am »
On a related news, 76ers somehow manages to look worse than last year.

I think Brett Brown will be fired if they don't show significant improvement this year.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3617 on: October 22, 2017, 11:30:34 am »
Shaq has clearly never gotten over Steve Nash beating him for MVP in 2005

http://theundefeated.com/features/nba-50-greatest-players-remix/

“Steve Nash? Why?” asked O’Neal, when shown The Undefeated’s additions to the Top 50. When reminded that Nash was a two-time MVP who directed some of the league’s greatest fuel-injected offenses, O’Neal emailed back, “Stop it!” and cut off further electronic communication.

:lmao

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3618 on: October 22, 2017, 11:55:23 am »
I think Nash is one of the more debatable selections tbf. Shaq is obviously still a moron.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3619 on: October 22, 2017, 12:30:36 pm »

I have no idea why he keeps mentioning "both yers". In 2006 Nash won it again, but that year Shaq was injured most of the year and didn't receive a single vote (not even a 5th place vote) in the MVP race.

Also I am pretty sure Nash deserved the 2004 MVP although it was close. The Suns was 29-53 before he joined and become 62-20 (1st in the league that year ) immediately after he joined the suns. Shaq was already in decline and peak Wade was not getting the credit he should've gotten for that team. Nash made bunch of no nobodies like Quentin Richardson, James Jones look like a legit NBA player. Amare, Raja, Diaw, Barbosa, Marion wouldn't be close to being a contender if he was not there. Not to mention they should've won it if it wasn't for Stern banning Amare and Diaw.

I think debatable one was Rose's MVP in recent years.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3620 on: October 22, 2017, 01:52:13 pm »

Its not an easy science because timing is crucial but Nash having more MVP's than Shaq is forever strange. It would be like Chris paul having more MVP's than Lebron.
At the time, as a laker fan, I wanted nash to win it in 2005. But as wounds healed, Shaq probably deserved it.

Shaquille is a big baby though but he's our big baby. The more he is on television the more you can see why he and Kobe battled so much.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:54:01 pm by b_joseph »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3621 on: October 22, 2017, 02:49:38 pm »
Watched Bucks vs Cavs the other night, first time I’ve watched a whole game of Antetokounmpo. He was pulling off Euro steps and driving to the basket like he’s 5ft 11 not 6ft 11. Insane talent, wonder where he’ll end up next.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3622 on: October 22, 2017, 03:14:50 pm »
I think Nash is one of the more debatable selections tbf. Shaq is obviously still a moron.
would say he should be on it more than curry right now (obviously when curry is done he overtakes him) and arguably Pierce (pierce has a ring but Nash has two mvps, although in nashs MVP years the suns don’t have the injury issues he probably would have won one)

I have no idea why he keeps mentioning "both yers". In 2006 Nash won it again, but that year Shaq was injured most of the year and didn't receive a single vote (not even a 5th place vote) in the MVP race.

Also I am pretty sure Nash deserved the 2004 MVP although it was close. The Suns was 29-53 before he joined and become 62-20 (1st in the league that year ) immediately after he joined the suns. Shaq was already in decline and peak Wade was not getting the credit he should've gotten for that team. Nash made bunch of no nobodies like Quentin Richardson, James Jones look like a legit NBA player. Amare, Raja, Diaw, Barbosa, Marion wouldn't be close to being a contender if he was not there. Not to mention they should've won it if it wasn't for Stern banning Amare and Diaw.

I think debatable one was Rose's MVP in recent years.
2006 from memory the team with the best record was the pistons so that vote would have been spread, lebron or dirk maybe instead of Nash that year. Plus I think part of the reason rose won was because lebron just went to Miami and he was getting shit from the voters for that move,same reason why KD had no chance this season

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3623 on: October 22, 2017, 03:15:53 pm »
https://youtu.be/SJcGP0OzcsM

This was the open court from a few years ago discussing it, the Chris Webber bit was so awkward

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3624 on: October 22, 2017, 03:35:43 pm »
would say he should be on it more than curry right now (obviously when curry is done he overtakes him) and arguably Pierce (pierce has a ring but Nash has two mvps, although in nashs MVP years the suns don’t have the injury issues he probably would have won one)

How is he above Curry? Curry has: 2 rings, 2 MVPs, one unanimous; Nash has 2 MVPs, both hotly debated, 0 rings and 0 finals series. I can see an argument over Pierce but not Curry.

I'm somebody that values primes a lot more than longevity. I'd easily debate the merits of somebody like Westbrook or Harden today over Pierce (and even Nash).

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #3625 on: October 22, 2017, 03:38:23 pm »
Some crazy results in the NBA. Cavs lost by 20 at home to Orlando Magic, we (Warriors) lost to Memphis. Utah won against the OKC.

Yep my acca was well and truly destroyed.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3626 on: October 22, 2017, 03:38:41 pm »
How is he above Curry? Curry has: 2 rings, 2 MVPs, one unanimous; Nash has 2 MVPs, both hotly debated, 0 rings and 0 finals series. I can see an argument over Pierce but not Curry.

I'm somebody that values primes a lot more than longevity. I'd easily debate the merits of somebody like Westbrook or Harden today over Pierce (and even Nash).
his finals performances put me off him, as much shit as KD and lebron get they do far better in the finals, plus his legacy isn’t complete

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3627 on: October 22, 2017, 03:40:24 pm »
There's one

and then everyone else.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3628 on: October 22, 2017, 03:54:05 pm »
Yep my acca was well and truly destroyed.
warriors or cavs?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3629 on: October 22, 2017, 03:55:50 pm »
There's one

and then everyone else.
If we are talking about rings, this man says hello :wave

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3630 on: October 22, 2017, 05:04:18 pm »
his finals performances put me off him, as much shit as KD and lebron get they do far better in the finals, plus his legacy isn’t complete

You can get put off all you want but at the end of the day, Curry was a) the best player on a finals winning team in 2015, and b) he just put up 26.8/9.4/8 in the finals (also a winning team), and c) he's actually got to 3 finals. I don't think Nash is even close to Curry.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3631 on: October 23, 2017, 12:39:09 am »

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3632 on: October 23, 2017, 09:46:14 am »
Caught the last few mins of OKC vs Minny. OKC looked real good in the final minute. Westbrook did actually give the final shot to Melo. They lost to a banked buzzer beater from 3, it was just unlucky.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3633 on: October 23, 2017, 01:35:40 pm »

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3634 on: October 23, 2017, 03:15:24 pm »
Caught the last few mins of OKC vs Minny. OKC looked real good in the final minute. Westbrook did actually give the final shot to Melo. They lost to a banked buzzer beater from 3, it was just unlucky.

Yeah watched the highlights earlier, good game. Melo looking good for OKC.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3635 on: October 23, 2017, 04:32:24 pm »
Isaiah esque carry on that phantom cam

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3636 on: October 23, 2017, 06:05:26 pm »
Isaiah esque carry on that phantom cam
;D i was just about to mention that

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3637 on: October 23, 2017, 06:07:41 pm »
Phoenix should ask Barkley if he fancies a few games.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3638 on: October 24, 2017, 03:38:39 am »
Lost to the 76ers  :butt

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3639 on: October 24, 2017, 09:33:16 am »
Monster game from Embiid and a nice triple double by Ben Simmons. Hopefully we will see this duo for a decade. Pistons were 1-17 from 3, they just can't shoot.

How impressive is Memphis so far by the way, they won at Houston yesterday. It makes our loss to them more bearable.